Converting Cuz of love???? Eh??

Suhel28

Student of Deen
:salam2:

I've seen a few instances where a non muslim would love a muslim and than will convert into muslim for the sake of love..!!!

well as far as I know, its not a correct conversion. Cuz he/she converted for the sake of love of his/her gf/bf and not Cuz not out of love of ALLAH..

correct me if am wrong also if anyone has ne hadith or verse about it than I need to know

:)

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

Im very sorry if I am wrong and at first I wasnt going to say anything but I felt very strong I needed to say what is on my mind when I read this post. I am a recent revert but I DID NOT revert for a person. I reverted after feeling a very strong emotion when I read Quran and alhamdulillah I believed every word in it.

That being said I do realize some may revert out of love for a human being BUT it is my understanding that everything is predestined and that Allah is the ONLY one who is able to guide a person to Islam and that person is ONLY guided because it is Allah's will. I dont know the exact surah in Quran but I remember I read that Allah guides whomever he wills. With that knowledge it just stands to reason in my opinion that regardless of the original reason a person chooses Islam it is ultimately Allah and ONLY Allah who guides them by whatever means he chooses. Quran also says that if Allah deems a person a non believer nobody can put Islam in their heart and they will never believe. Maybe some can choose Islam for a lover on earth but it wont be in their heart so it is to no avail for them. And Allah knows best.

If I am wrong please forgive me and most of all may Allah forgive me. I believe this from the bottom of my heart or I wouldnt have posted anything at all.

wa salam

Suhel28

Student of Deen
As salamo alaikome

Im very sorry if I am wrong and at first I wasnt going to say anything but I felt very strong I needed to say what is on my mind when I read this post. I am a recent revert but I DID NOT revert for a person. I reverted after feeling a very strong emotion when I read Quran and alhamdulillah I believed every word in it.

That being said I do realize some may revert out of love for a human being BUT it is my understanding that everything is predestined and that Allah is the ONLY one who is able to guide a person to Islam and that person is ONLY guided because it is Allah's will. I dont know the exact surah in Quran but I remember I read that Allah guides whomever he wills. With that knowledge it just stands to reason in my opinion that regardless of the original reason a person chooses Islam it is ultimately Allah and ONLY Allah who guides them by whatever means he chooses. Quran also says that if Allah deems a person a non believer nobody can put Islam in their heart and they will never believe. Maybe some can choose Islam for a lover on earth but it wont be in their heart so it is to no avail for them. And Allah knows best.

If I am wrong please forgive me and most of all may Allah forgive me. I believe this from the bottom of my heart or I wouldnt have posted anything at all.

wa salam

:wasalam:

dear sister,
yes you are right about ALLAH guides those who he wills and by ALLAH I didn't make this post for offending any REVERTS.
you see in those cases where love is a cause of conversion the people usually convert just for so that they can marry the muslim brother or sister
and after marriage they don't really practice islam (not all cases but most of the cases)
am sorry if I OFFENDED you :(

Isra

aka Tree2008
:wasalam:

dear sister,
yes you are right about ALLAH guides those who he wills and by ALLAH I didn't make this post for offending any REVERTS.
you see in those cases where love is a cause of conversion the people usually convert just for so that they can marry the muslim brother or sister
and after marriage they don't really practice islam (not all cases but most of the cases)
am sorry if I OFFENDED you :(

As salamo alaikome

Please dont misunderstand my post. I cannot be offended by your original post because it does not pertain to me since I did not revert for love of a human being. I was simply stating what I felt to be the truth from what I read in Quran.

I respect everyone's opinion even if I might not agree with it. I was just pointing out something I felt needed to be said. Im very sorry if I offended YOU in anyway as that was not my intention.

wa salam.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum
Well if someone converted for the sake of Allah,in sha Allah he can do everything that Allah has ordered.A person cannot be a Muslim till he prays 5 times,pay zakah and fast in Ramadhan.Paying zakah might be easy yet praying 5 times and fasting in ramadhan can only be done by a soul which has been truly guided by Allah.

People get Allah's hidayah in various form.In the beginning a girl or a boy might convert for the sake of love for each other.But in sha Allah if they were truly guided by Allah,they will realise that boy friend and girl friend is haram and they will immediatly cut their realitionship and concentrate on their main objectif which is to worship Allah.

I have seen all kind of people yet as a human I have no right to judge on unseen.My job is only to convey Allah's message.I do not need to examinefor what reason this person wants to convert.

As long as a person accept 3 things
  • Accept Allah as the only deity and accept Muhammad pbuh as the final messenger and slave of Allah
  • Accept to pray 5 times
  • Accept to pay zakah
(It is in the hadith)

Then if that person wants to say the shahadah,then go a head.
Even if you ask them "are you converting for the sake of your man or woman?"they will say NO.So we cannot do anything about it.

Just hope we are not one of them.May Allah forbid.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

Suhel28

Student of Deen
Assalamualikum
Well if someone converted for the sake of Allah,in sha Allah he can do everything that Allah has ordered.A person cannot be a Muslim till he prays 5 times,pay zakah and fast in Ramadhan.Paying zakah might be easy yet praying 5 times and fasting in ramadhan can only be done by a soul which has been truly guided by Allah.

People get Allah's hidayah in various form.In the beginning a girl or a boy might convert for the sake of love for each other.But in sha Allah if they were truly guided by Allah,they will realise that boy friend and girl friend is haram and they will immediatly cut their realitionship and concentrate on their main objectif which is to worship Allah.

I have seen all kind of people yet as a human I have no right to judge on unseen.My job is only to convey Allah's message.I do not need to examinefor what reason this person wants to convert.

• Accept Allah as the only deity and accept Muhammad pbuh as the final messenger and slave of Allah
  • Accept to pray 5 times
  • Accept to pay zakah
(It is in the hadith)

Evenm if you ask them "are you converting for the sake of of your man or woman?"they will say NO.So we cannot do anything about it.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

woowwww never thought it that way...

like supposed someone is destined to be REAL MUSLIM...

in the beginning he will convert for sake of marriage but due to the mercy of ALLAH he will really jump into the religion...

omg i never thought it that way..

jazakallah you've indeed caused the hidden hatred in me for those who convert for love to shun :astag:

may ALLAH forgive me..

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalamualikum

• Accept to pray 5 times
  • Accept to pay zakah
(It is in the hadith)

Evenm if you ask them "are you converting for the sake of of your man or woman?"they will say NO.So we cannot do anything about it.

Allah knows the best.
Assalamualikum

Wa alaikome salam

Actually your post reflects EXACTLY what I was trying to say in my original post only I guess I wasnt clear enough on what I meant. "IF THEY WERE TRUELY GUIDED BY ALLAH" says it all and thats all we as Allah's slaves need to know. I totally agree its really none of our business to judge the reasons why someone becomes a revert because that is for Allah and ONLY Allah to judge.

May Allah have mercy on all of our souls Ameen.

Suhel28

Student of Deen
yes I should mind my own business...

and look forward to perfect my own deen rather than goofing around..

jazakallah

well am happy I made the post I've learnt two important things of my life regarding ISLAM today

mashallah

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

I know that Islam was spread in Asia by Muslim merchants because of their MANNERS, BEHAVIOURS, WAY OF TREATING PEOPLE, because they were honest sincere so all the qualities of that a good Muslim must try to have...
Or because someone see how you treat your parents.
May see how a good husband treats his wife (not like the media want to show Muslims, by taking maybe someone who make a mistake and stick it to Islam.)
Non Muslims are often surprised, mased when they see the love between two Muslim people that are not from the same city or country and maybe don't even speak the same language but try, for the sake of Allah, to be kind and show true love for each other. Actually here where I study, we are a grop of students from 5 different countries, and people are amazed when we tell them that we are different nationalities, and they are amazed by the love that we show to each other for the sake of Allah.

So this are causes

Someone see this HIGH qualities and he reflects upon them and realise that this is the right way of behaviour, this is our pure nature.
Then enters in Islam, and naturally everyone have to learn the BASICS of Islam, such as Tawheed for being safe from commiting Shirk, or the basics of Emaan, the Pillars of islam as the brother said above... and so on.

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Assalamu alaikum WRWB (May Allah (SWT) blessings & mercy be on all of you)

Suhel28 Looooooooks like somebody is in Looooove with non believer and trying to convert them :p kidding....

A true believe Iman is depending on the 5 pillars as per hadith

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 1, Book 2, Number 7:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):

1. To testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and Muhammad is Allah's Apostle.

2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) prayers dutifully and perfectly.

3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity) .

4. To perform Hajj. (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca)

5. To observe fast during the month of Ramadan.

and then this is about faith

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 1, Book 2, Number 15:
Narrated Anas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith:

1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else.

2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake.

3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire."

I am no one to judge but even I agree to both Isra and revert2007 that whoever Allah (SWT) wants will guide and whoever he dosen't will be wandering in astray also Allah (SWT) guidence can come via any way He is the most merciful.

Jazak Allah Khair..
May Allah (SWT) forgive all our mistakes/sins and guide us to the straight path, the path of those who have received his grace & mercy Ameen!

kayleigh

When Muslims find out I'm Muslim, the first thing they ask is if I had to revert because of my husband. No... I don't have a husband.

I don't think people who revert simply for marriage or love aren't doing it for the right reasons, but who knows - maybe they will learn more about Islam and will believe in it and practice it for the right reasons someday, and that is definitely a good thing.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
when the people I know,knew that I married a muslim boy,their first question was if I reverted to Islam for the love of my husband:me,when I reverted,I wasn't married yet,but the real reason that pulled me to accept Islam as the only true religion was the fact that one day I was swimming in the sea in Morocco,I was worried about my future as wife,I made for the first time a dialogue with Allah,I asked Him to give me an answer about my future,when a big wave hit me and I was near to lose the breath.After a long crisis between me and my alter-ego,I finnally recognized that Allah had the power to let me die in the sea,but instead He saved me:tti_sister:

Suhel28

Student of Deen
when the people I know,knew that I married a muslim boy,their first question was if I reverted to Islam for the love of my husband:me,when I reverted,I wasn't married yet,but the real reason that pulled me to accept Islam as the only true religion was the fact that one day I was swimming in the sea in Morocco,I was worried about my future as wife,I made for the first time a dialogue with Allah,I asked Him to give me an answer about my future,when a big wave hit me and I was near to lose the breath.After a long crisis between me and my alter-ego,I finnally recognized that Allah had the power to let me die in the sea,but instead He saved me:tti_sister:

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Who rescues you from the darkness of the land and the sea (dangers like storms), (when) you call upon Him in humility and in secret (saying): If He (allah) only saves us from this (danger), we shall truly be grateful."
Al-Anaam, Chapter #6, Verse #63)

Mashallah Sister.. beautiful story

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have witnessed those who revert for the sake of love/marriage. Those marriages fail. The bond of marriage is strengthened by faith. Reversion is a serious if not the most serious decision a person makes.
I have know women who have married Muslim men and it has taken them years to revert and some stay with Islam others do not. I have know women who marry Muslim men and never revert. That is hard on the children. The children are neither Muslim or whatever she practices.
It is very difficult on children when they are introduced to Christmas and they are so disappointed in our Eid's. There is no fanfare.

And we all know about the marriages of convenience for citizenship.

These are observations.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
When Muslims find out I'm Muslim, the first thing they ask is if I had to revert because of my husband. No... I don't have a husband.

I don't think people who revert simply for marriage or love aren't doing it for the right reasons, but who knows - maybe they will learn more about Islam and will believe in it and practice it for the right reasons someday, and that is definitely a good thing.

People say that to me too Kayleigh, but I am married. My husband isnt an Arab or a Muslim as of this moment... :S

But I do feel I was 100% guided to Islam.