Darkest before dawn...update

ShyHijabi

Salaam my brothers and sisters,

So I posted a thread called "The problem with Islam..." and highlighted the struggles converts in the West deal with. I gave a snapshot of my daily life and the incredible isolation I wrestle with everyday. I spoke about tribalism and how it fractures our ummah.

Then I received over a dozen PMs offering me money, housing, and even some match making propositions. :) Then, out of the blue, a friend from med school called and invited me to come stay at her home. I was stunned. I mean...stunned. I had not told her of my struggles nor of my loneliness...she said there is a spare room and her family wants me to come. Between the outpouring of generosity on this board and the sudden turn of events in real life I am just dumbfounded.

So I turned in my two week notice today and put my delapidated vehicle on craigslist for the cost of travel expenses. (called it a "handy man special" LOL) I have two weeks to get everything sorted and packed to move, which is very little to pack, so plenty of time. I am still in a state of shock how quickly things changed and feel like I am dreaming. I will moving to an area with TONS of Muslims and a mosque within walking distance. Can you hear the amazement in my voice. It's like I get to make my own little hijrah. And my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I wanted to share my joy since everyone was so supportive and kind when I shared my pain. As they say, a burden share is divided, a joy shared is multiplied. :D

Wasalaam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Waalaykumsalam Warahmatullah

Alhamdulilah. Thats great news.You finally got what you wished for...

wantobeMumin

:salam2:

Tell u what sister, YOU r my role model. May Allah bless u and guide u in each and every step.

p.s if u r moving to new York and EVER have any problem regarding anything plz remember ur humble brother.

dont sell ur car u might need it later. open up a paypal account inshallah we will help u with ur traveling expenses. At least i definately will. JUT DO IT

pcozzy

jazash Allahu khair for your news, this is great.

Sometimes we under estimate the power of making duaa and the power it has when someone other than yourself makes it for u.

may Allah protect you and guide you and with all muslims the same duaa.

:wasalam:

sazk

Banned
someone's dua must have taken affect my sister :). I am happy for you.

-Always remember the palestinian children in your duas

sazk

Banned
p.s. dont expect too much from tons of muslims lol.. even they are not so perfect to one another. But i've found out that if you mention the name of Allah in a gathering amongst the muslims, their hearts become soft and love seeps in.

I hope you have a great Ramadhan and experience a very good Eid with the muslims InshaAllah.

- Always remember the palestinian children in your duas

zainsmommy

So I posted a thread called "The problem with Islam..." and highlighted the struggles converts in the West deal with. I gave a snapshot of my daily life and the incredible isolation I wrestle with everyday. I spoke about tribalism and how it fractures our ummah.

Then I received over a dozen PMs offering me money, housing, and even some match making propositions. :) Then, out of the blue, a friend from med school called and invited me to come stay at her home. I was stunned. I mean...stunned. I had not told her of my struggles nor of my loneliness...she said there is a spare room and her family wants me to come. Between the outpouring of generosity on this board and the sudden turn of events in real life I am just dumbfounded.

So I turned in my two week notice today and put my delapidated vehicle on craigslist for the cost of travel expenses. (called it a "handy man special" LOL) I have two weeks to get everything sorted and packed to move, which is very little to pack, so plenty of time. I am still in a state of shock how quickly things changed and feel like I am dreaming. I will moving to an area with TONS of Muslims and a mosque within walking distance. Can you hear the amazement in my voice. It's like I get to make my own little hijrah. And my cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I wanted to share my joy since everyone was so supportive and kind when I shared my pain. As they say, a burden share is divided, a joy shared is multiplied. :D

Wasalaam

Assalamu Aleikom Dear Sister,
ALHAMDULILEH!!!!!!!!!!! I came here earlier to respond to your other thread but decided to leave it be for later to PM you because I wanted to go off lol

Then I come here to see this? Alhamdulileh! You know what this is huh? This is your "what goes around comes around"....I say this because I sincerely believe with all my heart it was your Dua for me that worked a couple of months ago(remember I told you) and no one will ever convince me otherwise. Now here...there were all these fellow Brothers and Sisters making Dua for you and look what happened? Allah is great!!!!!!!

This is so amazing!!!

When you reach out and pray for your fellow Brothers and Sisters in Islam, it is not in vain. Please remember this...and your time will come soon after ... your reward. A lesson for us all. MashaAllah!

All my love to you Sister and the best of luck.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

Wasalaam

Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

Clear sign of Allah's mercy for the ones who Trust in him and try. When the day started, sister was having No way to find peace. Allah (swt) is watching over us all day and night. If He left us for a second even, we will be lost forever. "There is no moving creature on earth but its sustenance dependeth on Allah. He knoweth the time and place of its definite abode and its temporary deposit: All is in a clear Record." (Quran 11:6)

Patience and prayer are the key to and of Islam. Those who cannot be patient will face a hard life in both the worlds. "And seek assistance through patience and prayer, and most surely it is a hard thing except for the humble ones." (Quran 2:45)

"O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient."(Quran 2:153)

"O you who believe! be patient and excel in patience and remain steadfast, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, that you may be successful." (Quran 3:200)

The fruit of Jihad is always good. Allah says in the meaning of Surathul Baqarah. "Those who believed and those who suffered exile and fought (and strove and struggled) in the path of Allah,- they have the hope of the Mercy of Allah. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." (2:218)

Ya sister Sarah. Be steadfast on your Journey to Jannah. InshaAllah we all will be meeting there. Do not lose hope in Allah(swt). The harder you struggle, the better the result will be. Always remember that Jannah is covered with difficulties. None can enter it without facing them.

Our prayers will be always with you. The prayer which a brother or sister do for his or her brother will be surely accepted.

May Allah (swt) make this new move of your life happier and peaceful.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
MashAllah sister ,I feel so happy for you ,alhamdulillah

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Allah is the Most Merciful ,inshaAllah everything will be ok now ...
May you meet many many good and practising Muslims and may Allah swt make every step in your life easy for you ..ameen

waaleikum salam

a_stranger

AlhamduliAllah that is a very good news .Now you are like muhagirat and your friend and her family are the Anssar a beautiful feelings . May Allah gather us all by his love and obedience.

palestine

Servant of Allah
SubhanAllah! I'm so happy for you (and i really really mean it!:)). It is great news! Oh Thank you ya Allah for helping our beautiful sister!
asalamu alaykum wrwb.
and i cannot tell you enough, i love you for the sake of Allah!:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Truth91

Allahu Akbar!
Assalamu Alaykum

This is great news. Thanks be to almighty Allah for helping you.

I have the same problem kind of. I live in Chester, UK and I dont know any muslims near me.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
ASAK

ASAK Sister,
As they say Dua is the weapon of the believer, here it is, Subhanallah, you definitely have given us a good news. May ALLAH SWT make your life easy and guide you always. Ameen.

Assalamu Alaykum

This is great news. Thanks be to almighty Allah for helping you.

I have the same problem kind of. I live in Chester, UK and I dont know any muslims near me.

Truth91 ......All our duas are with you. Inshallah ALLAH SWT will have mercy on you and help you find solutions to your problems asap. Ameen

JAK

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

Alhamdu-lillah sister, everytime you feel down and out I see Allah SWT lifting your spirits and giving you new hope through opening ways to you that you can't imagine of. You are a living example of these verses.

Allah SWT says,

And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). (2) And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allâh will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things. (3)
[At-Talaq]

Verily, along with every hardship is relief, (5) Verily, along with hardship is relief (i.e. there is one hardship with two reliefs, so one hardship cannot overcome two reliefs) (6) So when you have finished (your occupation), devote yourself for Allâh's worship. (7) And to your Lord (Alone) turn (all your) intentions and hopes. (8)
[Al-Inshirah]

May Allah always keep you and may He always be with you in everything you do and give you all the very best in this life and hereafter.

IslamicGirl24

Assalam-o-alaikum sister!!

Alhamdulillah! Allahu Akbar!!
I am sooo happy for you sister. May Allah continue to ease your life. This just proves that Allah has a special kind of Love and bond with you!

May you have many more joys in your life. Ameen.
Fe Imaan illah
Wassalam.

mezeren

Elhamdulillah...Great news,indeed.That is what happens when someone trust in Allah truely.Allah never let her/him down.

May Allah complete your happiness,inshallah.Amin..

salahdin

EVERYTHING HAS BEEN WRITTEN DOWN AND PATIENCE OF IS THE KEY.

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Al-E-Imran

Say: "O Allah! Lord of Power (and Rule) Thou givest Power to whom Thou pleasest and Thou strippest off power from whom Thou pleasest thou enduest with honour whom thou pleasest, and Thou bringest low, whom Thou pleasest; in Thy hand is all Good. Verily, over all things Thou hast power. (26) "Thou causest the Night to gain on the Day, and Thou causest the Day to gain on the Night; Thou bringest the Living out of the Dead, and Thou bringest the Dead out of the Living; and Thou givest sustenance to whom Thou pleasest without measure."
(27) 3:26-27

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Alhamdulilah sister i was just thinking about you but mashallah Allah's promise is ever true with hardship comes ease and i hope and pray Allah makes your journey a blessed and beneficial one ameen Jaza kallahu khairan for the good news you put our hearts to rest as well and this news has also somehow dumbfounded me also subhanallah sis but i cant help but wonder how many revert sisters/ bro continue to struggle may ALLAH help them also ameen

:wasalam::hearts::hijabi:

BinteShafi

Left long ago

WOW......SubhanAllah sister. Allah (SWT) accepts the prayer of one muslim in the favour of other muslim. We all prayed for you whole heartedly....SubhanAllah ...and a response from HIM came so quickly...SubhanAllah..this is a very clear indication for me that HE DOES LISTEN TO ME (US) and HE DOES RESPOND ..Jazak Allah Khair for giving me (us) the news that my (our) prayer has been answered. You can't imagine that how much HOPE I got out of this news for myself..............May Allah be with you all the time. May HE give you peace and prosperity and multiply your happiness millions times in both worlds.

Many thanks for sharing

:wasalam: