Debate on Islam between Dr.Haitham al-Haddad and others

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

So, there was a huge controversy when Dr. Haitham al-Haddad was invited by an university in Holland to have a debate on Islam. It was much discussed in Parliament and there were MPs asking for the country to ban him from entering Holland and stuff like that. Finally, the university cancelled the event due to the political pressure. However, Dr. Haitham al-Haddad did go to Holland and there was a debate in a debate show "de balie" in front of reporters and other audience. So, here is the debate:

[yt]CR7U42wf7zY[/yt]​

If I have learnt anything (again!) from this debate, it is that never debate with people who are not trying to learn or who have prejudice. I mean, Dr. Haitham al-Haddad is a well-learned person with reputation in Islamic society in UK and he finds himself in a very defensive position in this debate. It is very hard to debate even when you have knowledge. Then think what could happen to you.

Ershad

This is a video from another debate in a tv show he participated in. Some of it is in Dutch, but the part where he enters the debate is in English. He enters the debate at 5:42 in the video.

[yt]LyiIqx4JlZM[/yt]​

Just a word of caution: There is a woman without Hijab for a brief moment in both videos.

Idris16

May Allaah reward the shaykh.

I wished Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari would debate with these people. I can imagine him eating up these kind of people. I so hate these filthy hypocrites acting like Muslims. We can see their whole life is kufr even though they have Muslim names. I guess the one debating against the Shaykh is supposedly a ''Muslim''?

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

To be honest, I think this debate was one of the best debate I have ever seen. And I think shaykh Haytham was the best person for the debate, despite the fact that his english may not have been the best out there.

If someone watches the debate with an open mind, they will realize that shaykh Haytham managed to answer all the questions in a very logical manner whilst at the same time not compromising his principles. Now, we cannot say this about anyone else unless he goes on such a public platform and ready to answer all sorts of controversial questions and successfully answers them correctly.

Throughout the entire debate, shaykh Haytham kept it very calm and his answer brief and to the point- although he was constantly fired with questions from all sides.

I really respect shaykh Haytham and after this debate I respect him even more.

I know shaykh Haytham personally and I have to say that he is one of the most humble and intelligent people I have ever come across, and I ask that Allaah preserves him and raises his rank in the dunya and the aakhirah.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Ershad

Assalaamu `alaykum

To be honest, I think this debate was one of the best debate I have ever seen. And I think shaykh Haytham was the best person for the debate, despite the fact that his english may not have been the best out there.

If someone watches the debate with an open mind, they will realize that shaykh Haytham managed to answer all the questions in a very logical manner whilst at the same time not compromising his principles. Now, we cannot say this about anyone else unless he goes on such a public platform and ready to answer all sorts of controversial questions and successfully answers them correctly.

Throughout the entire debate, shaykh Haytham kept it very calm and his answer brief and to the point- although he was constantly fired with questions from all sides.

I really respect shaykh Haytham and after this debate I respect him even more.

I know shaykh Haytham personally and I have to say that he is one of the most humble and intelligent people I have ever come across, and I ask that Allaah preserves him and raises his rank in the dunya and the aakhirah.

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Walaikkum Assalam,

I agree. I was amazed by the calm and composure he displayed though people were interrupting him often. May Allah reward him. The debate was more like a interrogation, IMO, though the Shaykh handled it really well. He was humble and very inspiring.

Ershad

May Allaah reward the shaykh.

I wished Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari would debate with these people. I can imagine him eating up these kind of people. I so hate these filthy hypocrites acting like Muslims. We can see their whole life is kufr even though they have Muslim names. I guess the one debating against the Shaykh is supposedly a ''Muslim''?

:salam2:

They call themselves "Liberal muslims". I don't know what that means. But, Lets not judge them. There is still hope for them. I feel if they sincerely read about Islam from its sources, they will understand the wisdom behind some of the doubts they have. The first step towards wisdom is understanding where one stands.

Hatty

Very good debate. I enjoyed watching it. May Allah reward him and increase his knowledge and thanks for sharing....

strive-may-i

........... The first step towards wisdom is understanding where one stands.

:wasalam:
Rightly said!

And here is something along similar lines...
"That saying, “I don’t know” is half of knowledge. In other words, to understand what you don’t know is knowledge in and of itself. This is because most people don’t even know what they don’t know, which is ignorance. The other half is to seek out the knowledge that you don’t know." --Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

May Almighty give us just enough to keep us humbled and closer to the right path.... Ameen

ripefig

The Sheikh had good composure during the debate despite the hostile environment, unfortunately one of the main interrogater posed as a Muslim. As I understand it, they agreed on his condition to not having a woman on the table, however, one of them got up and actually encouraged the woman to sit at the table which was clearly provokative. She seemed so obnoctious and kept asking "why don't he wear the hijab" which was not an intelligent nor productive question, which he ignored (to his credit), Also she was adamant that men and women are equal, the question should be asked why do they have men's competion and women's competion in boxing, the olympics etc. Would she train her daughter to be a fighter to face a man in the ring to proove that men and women are equal? There is a difference between being equal and having equal rights! Male does not = female, a child would know that. I think many men would envy our women because of their status with respect to motherhood and the love and respect they recieve from their children. As hard as we men may try, the kids almost always lean towards the mother (and quite rightly so). Women have many strenghts which men don't have, in fact I see many Muslim men who shave their beards and walk with our sisters who wear their their hijab (may Allah reward them). May Allah SWT guide us and give us the strenght to remain resolute in our Deen like Prophet Noah (peace be upon him) did, despite the trials and disbelief all around him!

Cr1xus

They call themselves "Liberal muslims". I don't know what that means. But, Lets not judge them. There is still hope for them. I feel if they sincerely read about Islam from its sources, they will understand the wisdom behind some of the doubts they have. The first step towards wisdom is understanding where one stands.

Liberal Muslims is complete nonsense. I live in Canada and can tell you that there are Muslims here who eat pork and go to Mosque on Friday. I take it that is what a liberal Muslim is. I know it's not right to judge them, but its right in front of me. Liberal muslim is just a name giving these kids rights to eat pork,party and drink in western countries.

Believe me when I say it has become that bad. If we don't start making our own closed Muslim society in these countries, our relatives will become kafir's with Muslim names. I'm devoting my life to this purpose(funding Islamic schools and such), so that Muslim children can be safe from hell fire.

Inshallah I reach my goals.

rivergum

What was thrown into stark contrast in this 'debate' is the essential difference between Western and Islamic philosophy.

For Western philosophy it is all about 'individual freedom' - freedom of 'rights' - freedom from constraints.

Islamic philosophy is about responsibilities - individual and collective sanctions that act in concert to complete and maintain society.

The West promotes, hypocritically as it turns out, that individual freedom where the individual is the measure of all things.

Islam promotes individual surrender to a greater ethic where God is the measure of all things.

I think Dr. Haitham al-Haddad demonstrated that difference very well indeed.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

I finally got the chance to watch this debate. And I must say I was reminded of the Mushriks of Makkah. "They are wolves on the prowl" as on of the speakers said in another lecture I heard. I'm really amazed at the strength and tolerance of these shuyookh. I can't stand the "Muslims" around me not giving due respect to Islam and here is Shaykh Al hadad trying to call complete "idiots" to Islam.

I've never heard him before. This debates shows he's a brave, strong, tolerant, intelligent, caring and a very very polite person. May Allaah grant him Jannaah Al Firdous and envelop him in His mercy and protect him from "all" kinds of evils and harms.

I must say I'm really impressed by how the shaykh handled the whole thing.