Do I look different now?

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:
MashaAllah! sister, I soo want have this kind of wedding:)
lol, MashaAllah, soo good and simple, I LOVE it. just a quick question, and I feel dumb asking this:) but what is walimah???
MashaAllah your joy is my joy ukhti:)
soo happy for you:hearts:
*hug*hug*hug*
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:)

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

:) O my sister. That could happen because we still have no experience of our walimah yet. Actually walimah is the ummmmmm.........what should I say? I am really horrible in language. Okey its the Treat of Marriage (is that a correct word) and ceremony which take place soon after Nikah. Some may have walimah on the same day as Nikah and some may delay a little bit. :)

Thats how I could explain it. LOL

Wait, I can tell you in detail after my walimah. LOL

wassalam 'alaikum watahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

The walimah is actually a sunnah. Basically you have the nikah and traditionally you have the walimah a few days later. Some people have the walimah months afterward but the scholars discourage it. The walimah is the dinner that the husband's family sponsors (it can be big or small) and you are encouraged to invite many people (preferably the poor) so you can announce the marriage publically and then feed everyone. :)

We had out walimah at a restaurant and invited friends and family to eat and join our happiness. The best part, no one had to worry about washing the dishes afterwards. lol

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

:) O my sister. That could happen because we still have no experience of our walimah yet. Actually walimah is the ummmmmm.........what should I say? I am really horrible in language. Okey its the Treat of Marriage (is that a correct word) and ceremony which take place soon after Nikah. Some may have walimah on the same day as Nikah and some may delay a little bit. :)

Thats how I could explain it. LOL

Wait, I can tell you in detail after my walimah. LOL

wassalam 'alaikum watahmatullahi wabarakatuh

OOOOOOH! now I get it! yay! you did a good job of explaining:)lol
I never knew this but like always it's one of the things I learn from my beloved sisters and brothers:)
barakaAllah feek akhi fiaAllah:)

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Salaam,

The walimah is actually a sunnah. Basically you have the nikah and traditionally you have the walimah a few days later. Some people have the walimah months afterward but the scholars discourage it. The walimah is the dinner that the husband's family sponsors (it can be big or small) and you are encouraged to invite many people (preferably the poor) so you can announce the marriage publically and then feed everyone. :)

We had out walimah at a restaurant and invited friends and family to eat and join our happiness. The best part, no one had to worry about washing the dishes afterwards. lol

I get it...it's sunnah MashaAllah,
Washing the dishes?? lol that is funny, BarakaAllah feek ukhti fiAllah!
love soooo so much for Allah's sake:)

warda A

Sister
:ma::ma:
alhamdullilah
we are really happy for you
and you sure sound happy.
i got my piece of cake, do not worry lolz

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
...that I am married? :hearts: I just wanted to update everyone who is interested that I had my nikah and walimah last week. I am floating on air and can't stop smiling. I find myself constantly saying, "Alhumdulillah! Alhumdulillah!" I returned to work today and my collegues say I am practically glowing with joy.

Thank you my brothers and sisters for your many duas, support, and words of kindness as I waited for this to happen. I am so happy I don't think I have enough space in my body for all this joy. :)

Wasalaam
congrats sister... may allah keep you happy like this, forever ameen

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum

Asslamu Alaikum Sister ,
Congratulations once again, its really good to hear you had really good time and ofcourse its your wedding!!!!!.

May ALLAH SWT grant you the best family and the highest place in Jannah.

halah

Asslamu alikum

I'm sure that the brothers and sisters have already said all the words of congratulations but i'm really sooooooooooooooo happy for you:hearts:
you were in my thougt last thrusday and friday,I was thinking how's your wedding went on,alhamdulillah ,alhamdulillah.

Congratulations dear Sarah,may Allah bless your marriage and perfect your pleasure with righteous offspring:tti_sister:

a_stranger

:salam2: sister
AlhamduliAllah AlhamduliAllah , sister you made me happy (Almost flying with joy) may Allah shower your new family with blessings and mercy . Dear sister i reminde you and myself that the good muslem husband is a treasure since he will help you to follow the straight path of Allah swt though he is not an angel (just like us women) so try to keep that treasure , fear Allah in his treatment , try to make him happy so that Allah will make you happy now and then .

I shall reminde you and myself with some hadiths which i believe is very helpfull to make family life happy and peacefull:

'The best among you in Islam are those with the best manners, so long as they develop a sense of understanding.'

"The most beloved of Allah's servants to Allah are those with the best manners."

Anas said, "I served the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, for ten years. During that time, he never once said to me as much as 'Oof' if I did something wrong. He never asked me, if I had failed to do something, 'Why did you not do it?,' and he never said to me, if I had done something wrong, 'Why did you do it?' "

"If one has good manners, one may attain the same level of merit as those who spend their nights in prayer."

"And what is most likely to send people to Paradise? Being conscious of Allah and good manners."

"Be careful of suspicion, for it is the most mistaken of all speech. Do not spy on others, compete* among yourselves, envy one another, or despise one another. Rather, be servants of Allah and brothers!"

"Give gifts to one another, and you will love one another."

Don`t be angry

say good words or remain silent

And Allah knows better

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum, CONGRATULATIONS on the marriage nikah thing.lol hope everything goes smoothly inshallah. May Allah grant you and your husband best of health and lots iman!!
Walaikumasalam

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
:salam2: sis
yap..u look different...you look too happy that your writings are filled with joy and a little bit of "fun". I mean the taste of "cool" is a bit IN, before your always way TOO serious, and you never seems to be "joyous" in any of the conversations. so yayyyyyy...... now that it clearly shows you are OUT OF WORRYING OF BEING ALONE AND STRUGGLING. CONGRATULATION and I hope I'll continue to see my happy and fun sister shyhijabi from now on..
:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Baarak Allaahu laki wabaarak Allaahu `alayki wajam`a baynakumaa fil-khayr.

‘May Allaah bless for you (your spouse) and bless you, and may He unite both of you in goodness.’

Abu_Luqmann

Assalamualaikum Sister,

Barakalllahu laka wa bara alaika wa jama'a bainakuma fi khair

I dont think I have prayed for many people the way I have prayed for you
May Allah (swt) continue to Bless you and give you a bigger family

salam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Baarak Allaahu laki wabaarak Allaahu `alayki wajam`a baynakumaa fil-khayr.

Mashallah sister i am soo happy for you and it looks like your goofy grin is infecious because i have one now and i cant stop smiling mashallah

May Allah bless your marriage with all the blessings in this life and the hereafter Ameen :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

Salaam,

Really - I can sense you happiness even behind my computer. They says only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. One is to let her think she is having her own way, the other, to let her have it. :)

May Allah swt grant you & your husband a life long marriage full of sweets & happiness.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Congratulations sister, may Allaah bless you both and give you happiness. May Allaah guide you both to be his humble and best Slaves. That you may be shaded under the shade of his throne on yawm al qiyaamah, amin.

This is the dua for the newly wed>

"Barekillaahu Laki wa Baraaki Alayki wa jama'a bayna kuma fi khayr"

May Allaah bless for you (your spouse) and bless you, and may He unite both of you in goodness.’