Do you know this Lion of Pakistan?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi..

Jazakallah Khayran for sharing...

A great fearless warrior against innovators in deen. May Allah swt reward the Shaykh with jannatul firdaws for his jihad. Ameen

Shaykh Ihsan held another conference wherein he challenged all of the grave-worshippers to debate him yet none of them were able to take him up on the open challenge. It reached the extent that if any of the grave worshipers saw Shaykh Ihsan they would flee from him and not be able to face him !

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh wa maghfiratuh

Shaykh Ihsaan Elahi Zaheer (rahimahullah) was one of the most amazing scholars, may Allah give him Jannah.

He had the great respect and love of the Ulema', such as Al-Albani, Ibn Baz and Ibn Uthaimeen Rahimahumullah. -

His knowledge and commitment to the Deen was such, that he was allowed to lead the prayers in Madinah, Masjid al Nabawi.

May Allah give him Jannatul Firdaus, amin

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

May Allaah have mercy upon the Shaykh. I don't know how correct this is, but I mentioned his name to some Saudi brothers who spoke highly of the Shaykh. They said that he, rahimahullaah, was ordered to be buried next to `Aa'ishah the Mother of the Believers, radiy Allaahu `anhaa, on account of him defending her through his pen, against the filth of the shi`a.

Was-salaam

BinteShafi

Left long ago
wa alaikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

SubhanAllah!!! I was absolutely ignorant about this Sheikh Rahimullah. May Allah grant him highest place in paradise Ameen.

During his final year of study at Medina Bin Baz asked him to deliver lectures, a very rare opportunity amongst attending students. During this time his book ‘al-Qadiyaniyyah’ was also to be printed in Madina. Ehsan Elahi however wanted to include on the book ‘Graduate of Madina University' but at that time he had not actually graduated. He went to see Shaikh bin Baaz who was at that time the chancellor of Madina University, Shaikh bin Baaz agreed and granted him permission to do so. Ehsan Elahi then asked the Shaikh ‘What if I fail my degree?’ to which Shaikh bin Baaz replied, ‘I will close the University.

He died on 30 March 1987 after spending 22 hours in a Riyadh hospital. Bin Baaz, whilst crying, led his funeral prayer in Riyadh. It was considered one of the most historical funerals ever prayed in Riyadh. The funeral attendance was estimated above 3 million people, after which his body was taken to the Baqi. His body was buried next to the grave of Malik ibn Anas.

Jazak Allahu Khayran kathira brother for bringing this thread up.

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

That story makes me laugh when I read it. You should read about the Shaykh's death, it shows the courage that men of sunnah are known to possess.

What's ironic is that whoever killed him failed miserably. The Shaykh has written various books discussing the beliefs of the Shi`a, the Sufis, Barailwis, Qadianis, Isma`ilis, Baabis, Baathists etc. They are there, in Arabic, Farsi, Urdu and English for all to read. They are in wide circulation and always have been maa shaa Allaah. In Egypt, his books were being sold all over the Al-Azhar market in Cairo! I hardly found book shops absent of his writings. A series of 11 hardbacks from his authorship, costs only around £10.

So whoever killed him, well they were way too late, since alhamdulilaah he already exposed and refuted all the sects. And we will continue to publish and distribute his expositions of the people of innovation, until paper runs out.

Was-salaam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum

SubhanAllah i had no idea about this scholar, but JazakAllah khair for sharing like im really happy to read such thing.
its so important that someone was actually helping the ummah by refuting the sects that are leading musims astray, May Allah (swt) grant him jannah - ameen

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asslam'u Alykum,

I had just heard of him (Rahimahullah), and don't know much about him. So thanks for sharing his biography with us, Jazak Allah khayr. Going to be informative, certainly.

Wa'salaam

Ibn Uthaymin

Glory be to Allah
I read a little about him a few months back, i was amazed to read the conversation between him and Shiekh Ibn Baaz rahemahullah. He was a thorn to the neck of the innovators!

May Allah have mercy on him ameen.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Interesting? did he spend time in Pakistan.
i have never heard of him :redface:

:salam2:

Yes he did for many years and he served the community for several years in Sialkot, Pakistan. He even served as the secretary general for Jameeyat Ahl-ul Hadeeth.

He was often targeted to be assasinated and in 1987, a bomb exploded while he was conducting a dars in Lahore. 18 people were killed and the shaykh was seriously injured. He was later flown to have his treatment done in Military hospital in Riyadh where he passed away and he was buried in Baqi cemetry in Saudi Arabia.

It was a fulfillment of his dua that he used to make in his lifetime. "O Allah, provide me with martyrdom in Your Way and make my death be in the land of Your Messenger".

May Allah swt reward him abundantly for his efforts and grant him jannatul firdaws. Ameen

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

for Urdu listeners and readers, following website is run by his son Hafiz Ibtisam elahi zaheer contains his father's audio lectures and his writings

http://www.quran-o-sunnah.com/introduction.shtml

As-salaamu `alaykum

Jazaak Allaahu khayran. I checked the site and it seems to me that he has a Degree in Engineering, and Masters in, English, Computer Science, Masters of Philosophy in Media, Islamiyat, Political Science, Mass Communication, Business Administration, Arabic, History and Psychology lol. Maa shaa' Alaah, 11 Masters?

saif

Ah yes, Allama Ihsan Ilahi Zaheer, he was really a lion. Although I would have wished some more human qualities from him..

It maybe, that his arabic speeches were different, which explains his heroic image among arabs but his punjabi speeches, in which he roars like a lion and sings like a rock star (no joke, traditional punjabi mullahs always deliver speeches in ragas), he gives an impression of an ill mannered man. The way he speaks against "other" muslims is so fierce, that it is hard to distinguish him from any other xyz takfiri mullah.

Ok, you may argue, the "other" muslims are ahl al bid'ah. So they must be dealt with the same contempt as the "respected" sheikh does. But, what about speaking openly against the rulers? Isn't it against the manhaj of the Salafis? (It isn't, that I agree with this theory, that's why I have knowingly used the word Salafi, instead of Salaf in my last sentence.) About that time, when Zia-ul-haq was bringing "shariat bill" and that shariat bill was "too hanafi" for Sheikh's taste, he made fierce public speeches against it. In one such speech, he even mocked about Zia-ul-Haq's mostache. In retrospect I wonder, if Zia-ul-Haq had done any "open Kufr".

In another speech, he asks the public "wahabio laro ge..?" (O Wahabis, will you fight (for this cause)? ) Maybe it was meant to be ironic.

The same is the case with Ibtisam Ilahi Zaheer. He is not liked by hard-line Salafis, because he openly speaks against the rulers and also takes part in the political demonstrations. I know him too less to like or dislike him but like I explained earlier, this is not a reason for me to dislike him.

wa ma alaina illa 'lbalagh al mubeen. wa Allahu A'lam.

saif

What a coincidence. Just within an hour after my post, a news has poped up in urdu daily newspaper "Jang", according to which Ibtisam Ihali Zaheer has threatened to start a big demonstration against the government, if they fail to arrest the perpetraters of violence against a new muslim "Abdurrahman". I have sympathy for his cause and I have sympathy with him for its "effect", because he will be held among ahl al bid'a for starting a political demonstration against the government.