Dont tell me

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

Don’t tell me that this surah is easy - it’s my first time learning, I haven’t been lucky enough to learn it from a young age.

Don’t tell me my hijab is not right - I’ve only been muslim a week, I’m short of money and this is the best I can do for the time being.

Don’t tell me to tell my parents, you would feel the same if you told yours you had left!

Don’t shout at me for not reciting the iqamah before salat, I don’t even know what an iqamah is!

Don’t tell me I have to follow your madhab, no madhab, all madhabs. I can read and decide for myself.

Don’t tell me not to pray here because you are saving the space for your sister, I am your sister!

Don’t tell me I shouldn’t wear niqab, or that its haraam. Its my choice, plus you don’t have to go on the bus and get harassed, you dad takes you everywhere!

Don’t abandon me when I make a mistake, my bubble’s burst and I need you!

Don’t laugh at me because I don’t know about speakers and sheikhs. I don’t know about who’s top of the islam charts!

Don’t say that you have been wearing hijab since you were 9 and act like you are perfect. Encourage us to wear our hijab.

Thankyou all those people who told me don’t. You have made me stronger.

Jazakallah for those few who stuck by me. May Allah reward you.

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Dear sister,

There is one answer you know. The top of the Islamic charts even I can answer: Allah.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
SubanAllah I think all new Muslims can relate to this in some way or another. I know I can relate to a lot of these.
May Allah (SWT) give all of us compassion, understanding and patience inshAllah, ameen

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

Im really sorry to hear that u went through all that and my other convert sisters as well!

wow i never knew that ya faced so much hardship!!

I love people who convert it makes me feel that they are better than me, i never in my life would ever discourage a sister who just converted, i would take her to my arms and welcome her to the family.

I have a hispanic friend who converted to islam ate the age of 14 and i treat her like a big sister. I have so much respect for her and i love her deeply.

I have more respect for those who convert than those who are born Muslim because they chose the right path and no one chose it for them.

Sister keep doing what ur doing be strong dont ever allow anyone to put u down. U are ur own woman!! Keep ur head help up high even when others misjudge u, show them who u are and dont allow them to show u who U are!

Take Care sis,

Salam.

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams sis

I can relate to that definatley...

Can I add another one??

Dont laugh when I ask a really basic question - Ive only been muslim for a while!

And another

Don't tell me that I should cut contact with my non muslim family or friends - its not that easy and its good opportunity for dawah!! ( plus some of them cut their own contact too so its not like you're left with alot!!)

I m not moaning - alhamdulillah I thank Allah swt for all these tests - they will only make me stronger and closer to Him insha'allah!!

Salaams

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
to be honest, i did not realise the problems faced by our new bros and sisters in islam untill recently. i knew that they face problems but i did not know the details of it. May ALLAH SWT bless them all and give courage and strength to all muslims to follow their deen correctly. Ameen

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salaams sis

I can relate to that definatley...

Can I add another one??

Dont laugh when I ask a really basic question - Ive only been muslim for a while!

And another

Don't tell me that I should cut contact with my non muslim family or friends - its not that easy and its good opportunity for dawah!! ( plus some of them cut their own contact too so its not like you're left with alot!!)

I m not moaning - alhamdulillah I thank Allah swt for all these tests - they will only make me stronger and closer to Him insha'allah!!

Salaams

I have one too.....
Don't tell me my non Muslim mom will go to hell - only Allah can judge us!

justoneofmillion

I have more respect for those who convert than those who are born Muslim because they chose the right path and no one chose it for them.
assalam,sister with all respect due to you,i think the statement you made here is a little wrong( hope am respectful and sensitive enough in my approach),every muslim chooses islam!the embodiment of the belief is an internal disposition that follows full consent and satisfaction,ain`t no mask or birth certificate required, it is always a matter of free will.... you never know from where people may have come from... whether they are "born"or "revert" we should have equal respect for all muslims,and be just and loyal in every aspect of the relationship from the moment that they enter the path,regardless of what has happened before Allah swt knows best.let`s not "split" islam once again,even if unconsciously am sure it is no muslim`s intention neither yours nor mine to do so. it`s time for unity, let`s leave any kind of differentiation or categorization ,even if the slightest no chance in our terminology .Please forgive if i have offended you it is not my intention at all,i do not like the new slogans and definitions.it is merely a suggestion however and not an impediment.i extend my full brotherly love and respect for the sake of Allah swt

ps.i agree with sister amy mashallah very well expressed we need to help more and be more patient and understanding with our brothers and sister.

wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Hello folks. I was born into a good Muslim family. I took the hard path and had to learn all over again. The important thing is Allah invited us to Him. There is no such thing as my islam is better than your islam. It is the timing. Each individual has a path to Allah. It is a unique path. Let us rejoice that we have found each other to help each other.
Once again it is the intention of the heart that is important. Faith is not static. You do not stop learning. The most pious man will never criticize anyone. The Holy Prophet was a humble man.
So reverts not to worry...all in Allah's time. There is a beautiful nasheed by Zain Bhika :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLbtzYfrFwE.

island muslim

salaam alaiykum,

I have to admit the tests that a revert muslim/muslimah goes through are different and my wish is that those of us who are born muslim would treat them as brother ayman said.

thank you for posting this sis amy for you have brought it to our attention.

barakallah feeki my sister.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salam Sis,

Yeah Sis I agree to u all the things REVERTS bycot and they have to stand againts there mom, dad, bro, sis, closefriends, neighbours, workplace, socity ..... all I agree sis I agree that is y in Islam the position of REVERT is higher then us(born muslim). May Allah help and guide us to follow the path of truth Islam. Ameen. Pls remember us in ur duwas.

Jazak Allah Khair.

Don’t tell me that this surah is easy - it’s my first time learning, I haven’t been lucky enough to learn it from a young age.

Don’t tell me my hijab is not right - I’ve only been muslim a week, I’m short of money and this is the best I can do for the time being.

Don’t tell me to tell my parents, you would feel the same if you told yours you had left!

Don’t shout at me for not reciting the iqamah before salat, I don’t even know what an iqamah is!

Don’t tell me I have to follow your madhab, no madhab, all madhabs. I can read and decide for myself.

Don’t tell me not to pray here because you are saving the space for your sister, I am your sister!

Don’t tell me I shouldn’t wear niqab, or that its haraam. Its my choice, plus you don’t have to go on the bus and get harassed, you dad takes you everywhere!

Don’t abandon me when I make a mistake, my bubble’s burst and I need you!

Don’t laugh at me because I don’t know about speakers and sheikhs. I don’t know about who’s top of the islam charts!

Don’t say that you have been wearing hijab since you were 9 and act like you are perfect. Encourage us to wear our hijab.

Thankyou all those people who told me don’t. You have made me stronger.

Jazakallah for those few who stuck by me. May Allah reward you.

:wasalam:

seekerofpeace

could someone define SWT? In my travels I use that term at work, but for a much more temporal reason, it deals with computer programming.

Salaam

firdeus

SWT stands for Subhanallah we teala, which in english is Glorified is Allah the most High. Hope that helps.

:salam2: :hijabi:

island muslim

Salam,

brother seekerofpeace... GOD loves those who praise him.. thus we muslims praise him and prostrate to him on a daily basis as much as we can insha allah (god willing)

seekerofpeace

Salam,

brother seekerofpeace... GOD loves those who praise him.. thus we muslims praise him and prostrate to him on a daily basis as much as we can insha allah (god willing)

I very much love the idea of totally giving your self over to the will of Allah. Looking back to in my life the series of random events couldn't have been laid out clearer with markers.

Salaam
Matthew

Aliyah206

MAshallah..TabarakaLLAH..
u have been strong..keep going stright and inshallah you'll reach ur goals to Janna tul Fardows..INSHALLAH>>INHSHALLAH..i ask ALLAH to relief ur struggles with that Paradise..i'll see u there INSHA'RAHMAN..ASSALAMU ALYKUM WARAHMATUALLAH WABARAKAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!