Egypt to face its first Tunisian-inspired protests

Maha*

Assalamu`alaykum

Good to hear. Are the protestors leaving are they satisfeid with the last night's statement of Mubarak stating he will step down in September

There are two groups. Those who are satisfied and feel the country really needs a leader right now to help us get through this difficult time and who see that during the next few months Mubarak won't even really be in the picture. We will be seeing more of Omar Soliman instead. This group, though they understand the faults in the Mubarak regime, they also understand that he is a father figure and we must respect him and want him to leave in a dignified way as he has made some accomplishments. And then there are those who feel that this would have been enough had he addressed us at an earlier time and that now there is the issue of those who were killed.

I think and I hope I'm not wrong, the majority now are group one.

Edit: Okay, right now clashes have broken out between pro and anti-Mubarak taking place in Tahrir Square!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We are hearing that there are some pro-Mubarak groups that were allowed to go without check points into Tariq Square.

We have not heard that it has become violent.

It is good to have you back on..please remain safe and let us know what we can do to help.

Maha*

:salam2:

Welcome back sister Maha. Nice to see you again and your news too.

:hijabi:

We have missed you.

I have missed you too! Love you, sister! :hearts:

Assalaam walaikum,

We are hearing that there are some pro-Mubarak groups that were allowed to go without check points into Tariq Square.

We have not heard that it has become violent.

It is good to have you back on..please remain safe and let us know what we can do to help.

Yes, that is true. They have entered Tahrir Square riding camels and horses!! They are being accused of being from the security forces and being hired by Mubarak. It has indeed become very violent. Lots of injuries and it looks VERY chaotic. The army so far is not intervening.

Thank you dearest sisters. :hearts: Will keep you updated.

retreat of the men that were riding horses and camels!

Aljazeera english| protesters show ID's of police men that they have seized from the attackers!

Aljazeera correspondent| fatalities fall on the pro's side (the attackers), and around 100 injuries over all!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

How did these pro mubarak goons suddenly pop up he was saying earlier the peaceful demonstrations were caused by political forces to cause instability look at whats happening now

Maha*

YA ALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Egyptian Museum is being hit by Molotov

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
110201161226rC5Q.jpg

Maha*

Good to hear from you again, sister Maha. Alhamdulillah that you are safe.

Alhamdulela, JazakAllah khair.

I am unable to post news right now because the situation is getting absolutely unbelievable you just have to see for yourself on AlJazeera.

Ya rab protect Egypt! Ya rab!!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
A former general in the Egyptian intelligence services tells Al Jazeera, "I expect the army will act to remove Mubarak from power ... Mubarak is ready to burn the country".

I am curious after 8 days of protest suddenly violence I believe since the Govt. couldn't make the people go back it's only option was to spread chaos and panic and break the unity

justoneofmillion

Alhamdulela, JazakAllah khair.

I am unable to post news right now because the situation is getting absolutely unbelievable you just have to see for yourself on AlJazeera.

Ya rab protect Egypt! Ya rab!!
:salam2:Be safe Sister Maha.It is good alhamdulillah to hear from you again, stay home!

May Allah swt relieve Egypt from this still ongoing oppression.He is blatantly showing the world why the people of Egypt wanted him out in the first place.How far can human insanity go for greed and how much does it have to concede as to it's soul...This new Marie Antoinette with an Adam Apple should be hung for his crimes if he carries on.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I read yesterday that 3 air-loads had landed in Cairo from Israel to assist Mubarak quell the crowds. I do not have the technical knowledge about the cargo. My understanding is the Israel shipment was to assist in crowd dispersal I think we are seeing some of the aftermath. I do not know if this was tear gas or rubber bullets but the nature of the shipment was to hurt civilians. Nothing new for the Israel's.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum wr wb

Hi sis Maha!

It saddens me that the people of Egypt are turning against each other. I have been glued to Aljazeera making dua that our Egyptian brothers and sisters succeed. The world will side with people who are united. United we stand, divided we fall! I pray that they unite and stand together even if the reason that they unite be the wrong chioce. What matters is their Unity. I'm tierd of seeing corrupted muslim countries.

There is no reason for killing or harming your brother for some stupid reason!

May you be safe dear sister!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
There are reports those pro government goons have been heavily paid to cause the riots and damage the moral. Its a clear tactic to shift the focus and to prove their is instability and a transition would be impossible at this stage.

680_6.jpg

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

- ask them to leave the whole country (when they usually escape to some other country and lives there under protection of some other dictator)? - most of dictators have this kind of "end" - like latest in Tunisia

:wasalam:

The president of Tunisia is not in a dictator country. Rather he is in KSA, who have to be commended for always trying to resolve conflict by granting asylum to political figures so that peace can be restored in muslim countries or muslim majority countries.

From the top of my head, Nawaz Sharif was granted asylum too when he was disposed by military dictator Musharraf who also wanted to have him behind bars. The offer was also given to Saddam Hussein and his sons to avoid conflict in Iraq (which was a surprise gesture as they were adversaries in the Gulf war) but Saddam being his arrogant self refused and brought war upon his own land and people.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walakaikum,

The KSA is a friend of the Zionist. Brother, where in the world did you think that the KSA was an independent regime? They do harbor some criminals and refuse others. Even the KSA knows better than to assist Mubarak.

The KSA could help the Egyptians by asking for the removal of Mubarak. I have not read anything on the KSA assisting the innocents of Egypt.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asalamu alaykum wr wb

Hi sis Maha!

It saddens me that the people of Egypt are turning against each other. I have been glued to Aljazeera making dua that our Egyptian brothers and sisters succeed. The world will side with people who are united. United we stand, divided we fall! I pray that they unite and stand together even if the reason that they unite be the wrong chioce. What matters is their Unity. I'm tierd of seeing corrupted muslim countries.

There is no reason for killing or harming your brother for some stupid reason!

May you be safe dear sister!

Wa allaicumu Sallam wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

I've heard that there are speculations in some circles who think that it is possible that in Egypt came to an open civil conflict (war), but none yet can not speak with certainty about it.

May Allah protect our brothers and sisters and unite them in these moments, and the time that will come after. Ameen summa ameen

Assalamu Allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum

Cairo, Egypt (CNN) -- For more than a week, opponents of Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak had the upper hand in Cairo, protesting with near impunity in the face of police and an army that did little to stop them.

That all changed on Wednesday.

The morning after Mubarak dramatically announced he would not run for re-election in September, his supporters waded into Tahrir Square by the thousands and suddenly, serious, prolonged violence reigned in central Cairo.

There were immediate suspicions that the pro-Mubarak demonstrators were not simply average citizens standing up for the man who has led Egypt for three decades -- suspicions that proved at least partly founded.

As battles raged between the two sides, some pro-Mubarak protesters were captured by his opponents. Some were terrified to be caught and begged for their lives, screaming that the government had paid them to come out and protest. Others turned out to be carrying what seemed to be police identification, though they were dressed in plain clothes.

the rest read here

source:

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu'alaikum

Latest news.

The time in Cairo at the moment is11.37pm

Muslim Brotherhood is sending 500 people with weapons to protect anti-Mubarak people.

May Allah ease everything in sha Allah Ya Rabb.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Assalaam walakaikum,

The KSA is a friend of the Zionist. Brother, where in the world did you think that the KSA was an independent regime? They do harbor some criminals and refuse others. Even the KSA knows better than to assist Mubarak.

The KSA could help the Egyptians by asking for the removal of Mubarak. I have not read anything on the KSA assisting the innocents of Egypt.

Please stop your close minded propaganda of terming everyone a 'zionist'/'zionist supporter' . You are not the sole person who has sympathy for the Palestinian cause nor do you have the right to degrade a country by calling them a 'zionist friend' at will.

Do you even know that the gulf countries fought a war against the Israel and have been actively supporting the Palestinian struggle and have supported the oppressed people of Palestine financially ?

Egypt is a sovereign state and no one has the right to meddle with their internal politics. Neighboring countries can at maximum offer advice and offer to negotiate, but they can not send reinforcements in to another sovereign state.

The bigotry and blind hate on TTI at times is just awful.