Evidence that Music and Singing are Haram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karima

Asalamualikum,

May Allah forgive those who judge. Thank all of you for your posts on this delicate subject of music.

Yea but you are still disobeying Allah.
Who gives anyone this privledge to say with judgement who is doing what, when Allah is all knowing and all hearing? Allah is our judge and only Allah knows our hearts and intentions. May Allah forgive you for this statement.

this thread is geared towards muslim.
Exactly why I come to read and learn daily on this...Glad to have this site which is so positive about what Allah has for us through careful discernments of Mabsoot and other contributors whom share information which helps to give an accurate guidance and interpretation of Islam.

Sallam

Karima

Asalamualikum,

This is a refresher reminder of why this web site is here....

Welcome to TurnToIslam.Com. We are dedicated to bringing the latest Islamic videos, media and information to help challenge the negative propoganda spread by the media and to educate people about Islam and the Muslim World. The hatred some people might show towards Islam and the ill-practices of some Muslims should not hinder a Person from seeking the truth!

May Allah reward you, Mabsoot for this Web Site!....and for discussing all forms of questions about 'life' to be on the right path towards Allah.

Sallam

amiratul_eman

Who's incharge of this site?

Since we're on the topic, I'm kind of new to this site. Does anyone know where I can find background information on the people who manage it. For example, someone mentioned Mabsoot... does this guy have background education in the field of Islam? Who's incharge, and how do I find out more about them?

samiha

---------
Staff member
Since we're on the topic, I'm kind of new to this site. Does anyone know where I can find background information on the people who manage it. For example, someone mentioned Mabsoot... does this guy have background education in the field of Islam? Who's incharge, and how do I find out more about them?

:salam2:

hehe... who's in charge. sorry i had to smile the internet is so full of mysteries that you could talk to a person allllll your lives yet not know them. ;) Here's is Brother Mabsoot's intro. http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121

:wasalam:

aliff

Assalamu A'laikum,

This has been a wonderful post. i have now stopped listening to music ( after quite some struggling). Plz, make doas for me so that i can keep it this way.

Salam.

ibnAbdullah87

Alhamdulillah that you stopped listening to music after the clear proofs have reached you. And my Allah increase you in good and reward you for leaving that which Allah is displeased with.

Abul Harith

Staff member
Assalamu A'laikum,

This has been a wonderful post. i have now stopped listening to music ( after quite some struggling). Plz, make doas for me so that i can keep it this way.

Salam.

walaikom salam,

Alhamdulilah may Allah give us all the strength of Eman and patience to follow his commands and abstain from all that he has prohibited. You are in my duas :)

Wasalam

Mu2min

Saifadin_Qutuz

Nemesis of Decadence
:bismillah1:

salam.

I actually am confused as to what to do in life. Wether all the music is haram or not. Wether is is right and that isnt. You see, in history there are notable famous and great muslim leaders that have at least listened to singing.
For example, the Abbasid Caliph Haroun Al Rasheed.
Also, when the prophet :saw: reached Al Madina, the people started singing and playing some sort of music.

May alla enlighten us.

ibnAbdullah87

That hadeeth has been declared da'eef (weak) and as for Haroun Al Rasheed then he is human and we do not follow anyone in error if he did listen to music. We do not take actions or statement of others as proof for something if they contradict the sunnah. Go back and carefully read through the proofs and it should be clear no reason for confusion inshallah

Saifadin_Qutuz

Nemesis of Decadence
inhshalla :)
But what I meant is, did that person (haroun al rasheed) know that music is haram and diliberatly did it? I mean he is a person far greater than doing something without logic. But as you said, we are all humans, and we are all not perfect :)

yafash

salam

:salam2:
i ws intriged by the discussion on this topic, may allah assist us and guide us.
let us be careful, the prophet(saw) said: making MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS HALAAL, this clearly means it is haraam, musical instrument would be all the machinery us to make musical notes i.e. drums, piano. and what ever performs a similar fxn. only the daff is allowed for women and on olnly specific occasions, and actually the daff is not really a tambourine, it is like a toneless drum, not really musical.
pls let us keep ourselves away from what is forbidden, the devil has a way of making things look differently. let us be careful,
we r not perfect may allah assist us to adhere.
amin.
:wasalam:

bluey

Salaams -

I am still confused but have made my choice anyway with regards to music.

I just want to know - are all these views that Music is Haraam be that of those who call themselves Salafis?

OmarTheFrench

The Prophet(saw) has said:"The one who innovates a good innovation in Islam has its reward and the reward of those who would practice with it until the Day of Judgement **without lessening the rewards of those who practice with it. The one who innovates the innovation of misguidance, would take the sin for it and the sin of those who practice with it until the Day of Judgement **without lessening the sin of those who practice with it"

When the music has da`wa goal or talk positive about islam can be a good innovation ?(Allah knows better.)

samiha

---------
Staff member
I don't know but I am pretty sure NO innovation is good when it comes to ibbadah and Islam. The Salafs did not use music as dawah. Music is HARAAM, plus, what point are you trying to get across to the non-Muslims? That we are just like you, music is allowed within restraint? FYI- Alchoholics usually begin as casual drinkers.

Allah knows best, and perhaps someone could clarify the above hadith. I think that some scholars have said in commentary that, any innovation that follows the Sunnah of the Prophet pbuh is labled as such, BUT THAT was about the comment of Umar (radiallahu anhu) and the tarawih prayers in congregation.

Allah knows the best. May we be guided to righteousness. Ameen.

samiha

---------
Staff member
I don't know what Wahhabi means, srry! blame it on youth and ignorance. However, I do know he is an Imam of Ahlas Sunnah Wa Jamaat.

He follows Quran and Sunnah, and ALL his rulings are based on such, and that is all I need in order to believe in him.

Read this...

The Biography of Sheik Binn Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.