Forgive me but I need to vent

Suhel28

Student of Deen
and yes in India also they follow hanafi but I don't belief in all that stuff.I am a muslim and that is more important to me. when I go to mosque it is Allah's mosque and where majority of people are praying like hanafi I pray like salafi and when I go to a mosque where majority of people are praying like salafi I pray like hanafi and when I go to a mosque where majority of people are praying like shafi I pray like hammbali.:SMILY149:

Funny, but it might distract others who are praying like if the whole row is praying like a particular thought of school say hanafi (and hanafi thought of school ppl dont say ameen loudly) and you start praying as other thought of school and than you're like AMEEN and everyone was silent but all of sudden this big voice comes and everyone gets distracted..

I guess you shouldn't be doing so.

no offence.

Suhel28

Student of Deen
Narrated 'Abdullah:
I heard a man reciting a verse (of the Holy Qur'an) but I had heard the Prophet reciting it differently. So, I caught hold of the man by the hand and took him to Allah's Apostle who said, "Both of you are right." Shu'ba,
the sub-narrator said, "I think he said to them,
"Don't differ, for the nations before you differed and perished (because of their differences). "
( Bukhari Book #41, Hadith #593)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
brother danyal if you looking to migrate you can come to India too.it has more muslims than in UK or pakistan.if u stay in muslim area you dont have to worry about halal food because most of the butchers in India are muslims. lot of job opportunities too or if u still want to go to middle east u can try kuwait or oman whose currency value is more than dollar but be careful dear brother I just read in 1 thread that someone in kuwait made someone work without paying him.:astag:

salaam

yeah! good suggestion. after all we do not have racism (among muslims) here. you just have to keep away from innovations.

but what good can it do for the brother if he has to live among people drowned in nationalism :( ???

(no offense to "patriotic" brothers and sisters!)

TipuSultan

Banned
Funny, but it might distract others who are praying like if the whole row is praying like a particular thought of school say hanafi (and hanafi thought of school ppl dont say ameen loudly) and you start praying as other thought of school and than you're like AMEEN and everyone was silent but all of sudden this big voice comes and everyone gets distracted..

no offence.

no problem brother.no one gets distracted.they ask me why u not pray like this and say this is correct and Prophet use to do like this as U have narrated a Hadith below I tell them the prophet used to do it sometimes this way and sometimes the other way.
like sometimes HE read 8 tarawih sometimes 20 and sometimes HE shook hands with 1 hand and sometimes with both.

but all schools including salafi are rigid and claim only that group will go to paradise.I just tell them only the group who truly belives the below statement

There is no God but Allah and Prophet MUHAMMAD is his messanger

TipuSultan

Banned
salaam

yeah! good suggestion. after all we do not have racism (among muslims) here. you just have to keep away from innovations.

but what good can it do for the brother if he has to live among people drowned in nationalism :( ???

(no offense to "patriotic" brothers and sisters!)

brother Danyal should not be much concerned about it he must just keeo away from innovations which are rempant in the subcontinent

DanyalSAC

no offence.

When I've prayed with brothers who stand with their feet in a V shape (so that I cannot touch heel to heel) I do my best, and the hadith ALL say that after the al Fatihah the sahabah would say "AMEEEN" loud enough to shake the building so I say it, even though I'm the only one in the masjid doing so.

Remember, these madhabs came into existence before many hadith were known. Some shaykhs had to travel for a month to get ONE hadith. Not one of the four madhabs is without error, and they knew this when they told us to follow what is right and forgive what is wrong. I personally don't follow one single Imam; I follow what is right from all of them.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum everyone,

first of all....I dont have enough knowledge of the different madhabs, may Allaah increase us all in knowledge. ameen
But I agree with brother Danyal.....non of them are without error. I think I ones read something like this: If my brother has a stronger proof concerning that which should be done in fiqh...follow him. This means that.....if Hanifi said, you dont have to go foot to foot and the other Imam has authentic proof that YOU have to do foot to foot, shoulder to shoulder, we as Muslims are obliged to follow the later. By the way this is not the exact quote but it was along these lines. I hope you understand what I mean.....and also, we're trying to be perfect in following our beloved prophet muhamed sala'alahu alahi wasalam. subhanaAllaah.....which ever Imam has the closest way with proof is the one we should follow. That means, we follow different Imams for different things in Fiqh. AlhamduliAAllaah
Oh Allaah forgive me if I said anything wrong, ameen

sliver

:wasalam:

Majority of people interested in reverting to Islam (or the ones who have reverted) are women. If the above quoted would to be a part of Islam, women wouldn't be turning to Islam in such numbers. Why would women want to be a part of a religion that treats them as 'second class' or the 'lesser sex' ?

Men and Women *both* have certain restrictions in Islam, if compared to the western society. This is a protection for us muslims, rather than being a burden or hindrance. At the same time, we have rights that non-muslims don't enjoy.

As for women being condemned to hell fire just because of 'being women'. This is again a misconception and not an actual teaching of Islam. However, our sworn enemy Satan has laid specific traps for men and women by which he will lead both sexes (or mankind) in to hell fire in large numbers.

I am sure all these matters will be clear for you InshaAllah as you are willing to read and understand, which is probably one of the best way to gain knowledge.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Care to give a source?

sliver

:salam2:

I couldn't agree more. I hear these brothers explaining how a revert sister is so pure and committed to deen and Allah. Then they go in great length to explain how a revert doesn't mix religion and ethnic culture and all those sugar coated ideas.

All these brothers harboring these dreams of finding the pure revert sister until... a revert sister is in the community, but guess what.. she is not a blue eyed white revert.. but an African American. And we don't hear those people explaining their wonderful logic and ideas. Rather they say how she should be marrying someone from her own culture, as she would face difficulties adjusting to a born muslim's culture.. :rolleyes:

It's really shameful. If you are really chasing piety and wish to assist someone in their deen by being their spouse, then why consider someone's skin color or ethnicity.

I guess it trickles down to people thinking that White is "pure". I mean there are a lot of reverts that aren't white that are left out in the cold just because there not "pure" enough. You would think people would stop harboring these racist emotions but..it is what it is.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
As-salamu 'Aleykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh!

Right now, I nearly envy you Akhy Danyal:). First, Allah swt guided you to His perfect religion, and now He's testing you....which shows that He loves you Subhanallah! Because, He only tests with hardship those He loes the Most.

A while back, I was reading some articles by Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, you might know him because he's the Director of the Islamic Society of OC, Cali. and President of the Islamic Society of North America.

He siad,
"we can say that sufferings occur to teach us that we must adhere to Allah’s natural and moral laws. It is sometimes to punish those who violate Allah’s natural or moral laws. It is to test our faith in Allah and to test our commitment to human values and charity. Whenever we encounter suffering we should ask ourselves, “Have we broken any law of Allah?” Let us study the cause of the problem and use the corrective methods. “Could it be a punishment?” Let us repent and ask forgiveness and reform our ways. “Could it be a test and trial for us?” Let us work hard to pass this test".
Subhanallah, those are indeed the best questions to ask ourselves. Brother, I'm really glad you let out your frustrations, because it got me to think about certain unfair things happening in this cruel dunya, Alhamdulillah.
May Allah swt ease your future situations, no matter what they are, and give you the sabr to get through this journey.Aameen

abdallahsh

equality in muslims

assalam aalykum to all of u...
I'm Indian living/working in Saudi Arabia.. here I see the best example of equality among muslims(white, black, pakis.. Indian.. bengali, sudani..etc.) all are standing in a row shoulder to shoulder for prayer. Ofcourse there is no racism I equally respect black saudis, sudanis and greet them with salaam ask about their well being and in return receives the same.. Pakis also fine with other people from other countries.. Also the masjids here do have separate entrance and wooden compartments for women. Though we don't find reverts but I don't think I may have problem with any revert (african, american, european or any) or anyone in this country. After we all are brothers in faith irrespective of colour and nationality.

TipuSultan

Banned
When I've prayed with brothers who stand with their feet in a V shape (so that I cannot touch heel to heel) I do my best, and the hadith ALL say that after the al Fatihah the sahabah would say "AMEEEN" loud enough to shake the building so I say it, even though I'm the only one in the masjid doing so.

Remember, these madhabs came into existence before many hadith were known. Some shaykhs had to travel for a month to get ONE hadith. Not one of the four madhabs is without error, and they knew this when they told us to follow what is right and forgive what is wrong. I personally don't follow one single Imam; I follow what is right from all of them.

same here brother Islam is very simple to follow.
I too don't follow any imams not even salafi imam.

I follow what ever is easy to me at that point of time for following Islam is very easy and Allah always says to take the moderate path. why simply place unnecessary tension on us and be rigid in following imams :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Salaam aleakum,

This is completely OT but I just had to insert this. My husband is from Pakistan and follows the hanifi mahtab and prays shoulder to shoulder and foot to foot. So I am not sure why some people use the excuse if being from the hanifi mahtab because everyone at his mosque (mostly hanifi) also pray in this fashion. He also says Ameen at the proper time as well.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wabarakatuhu....

that reminds me!!my brother was laughing a couple of days back how he was stuck between two brothers in prayers who had the habit of moving back and forth:SMILY286:.since they were praying shoulder to shoulder he was moving back and forth with them:SMILY149:he said it was so difficult to concertrate on his prayers:p!!!

just something that came to me last night.so mayb this hanafi rule isn't much in practice.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum,

Patience, Patience, and Patience for Allah Subhana Wa'tala loves those that are patient and those who hid the wrongdoings of His followers. And of course, those that forgive others.

SWORD OF SUNNA

slave Of Allah
Brother Danyal, while I cannot speak for white male converts I can give my point of view. How many white female converts are known by name? I can only think fo one off the top of my head yet can mention numerous white males. While some men seem to glorify white female converts as some weird fetish we are largely forgotten or ignored.

I have gone to mosques where none of the sisters (all of color) would not even deem to salaam me. Once I walked up to a group of black sisters and they literally turned their backs to me when I salaamed them. I felt disgusted and heart broken at their behavior. So female white converts deal with quite a bit of negative treatment as well.

Sbhuanallah! It is really astonishing why stereotypical cultural Muslim like to be robbed of the Islamic morality!

Don't they knew that a man asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “What is the best thing in Islam?” He said, “Feeding others and giving the greeting of salaam to those whom you know and those whom you do not know.”

(Excuse me sister, I would like to quote some touching statements of early true Muslim from IslamQA website).
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4596

Ibn Hajar said in al-Fath (1/56):

“i.e., do not single out anybody out of arrogance or to impress them, but do it to honour the symbols of Islam and to foster Islamic brotherhood.”

Ibn Rajab said in al-Fath (1/43):

“The hadeeth makes the connection between feeding others and spreading salaam because this combines good actions in both word and deed, which is perfect good treatment (ihsaan). Indeed, this is the best thing that you can do in Islam after the obligatory duties.”

Al-Sanoosi said in Ikmaal al-Mu’allim (1/244):

“What is meant by salaam is the greeting between people, which sows seeds of love and friendship in their hearts, as does giving food. There may be some weakness in the heart of one of them, which is dispelled when he is greeted, or there may be some hostility, which is turned to friendship by the greeting.”

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I do not know why I am the one that has to explain things in black and white but I must.

Sister Shyhijabi..often in cultures that are ridden with racism..the negative effects of racism appear in the most innocuous places. I am trying my best to put this into historical terms. When a female who is from the race that is seen as the oppressor marries a male from the oppressed groups.the women from the oppressed group will not be the most welcoming. They feel a sense of betrayal. The male is often verbally attacked as being less than a "real" man. The jokes of he could not handle a real woman start.
As a female you end up reading a newspaper at a family event. You become the invisible one.
When a man from the dominant group marries a woman from the oppressed group you are still not welcome. You are still the outsider.

Although, we are Muslim we are still human. And we can get sucked into foolish behavior.

Valerie

Assalaam walaikum,

I do not know why I am the one that has to explain things in black and white but I must.

Sister Shyhijabi..often in cultures that are ridden with racism..the negative effects of racism appear in the most innocuous places. I am trying my best to put this into historical terms. When a female who is from the race that is seen as the oppressor marries a male from the oppressed groups.the women from the oppressed group will not be the most welcoming. They feel a sense of betrayal. The male is often verbally attacked as being less than a "real" man. The jokes of he could not handle a real woman start.
As a female you end up reading a newspaper at a family event. You become the invisible one.
When a man from the dominant group marries a woman from the oppressed group you are still not welcome. You are still the outsider.

Although, we are Muslim we are still human. And we can get sucked into foolish behavior.

:wasalam:

Its sad... And I know it's a human thing... Think we ever have a chance of living up to the last sermon?

DanyalSAC

Here is one more example of what I was talking about: (sorry I don't know how to embed a video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4axp5V_j6E

A new movie coming out about a Muslim boy "coming of age" in the "post 9/11 America".

The only whites you see -at least in the trailer- are snooty Catholics ("I'm not allowed to talk to you") and high school trouble makers.

And there's barely a proper hijab present, but a lot of the "Warith Deenjab" (also known as the King Tut hijab) covering the hair with the neck and ears exposed showing dangly earrings with tight jeans and lots of makeup...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Danny Glover is an amazing man. If he is in the film it will be very good. The girls looked cute and they had at least three different styles of hijbab.

We often forget Blacks in the US who are Muslims have had a very difficult time since 9/11/.

I will see the movie.

hidaya

assalamualikum

i feel sorry for brother danyl,i wonder why muslims react like this,maybe its becoz of their lack of deen,they are not able to accept someone becoz he or she belongs to different race or colour.
dont worry brother its ALLAH's acceptance n recognition u seek,inshallah HE will help u.....
the best ones before ALLAH are the ones who has taqwa.i know its hard to feel lonely n neglected ,maybe ALLAH will make things easier 4 for u after this as mentioned in surah inshirah,that after hardship there will be ease.
may ALLAH strenghten ur iman n make everything easier for u ...ameen