From the Wise Words of Mufti Ismail Menk

xAllahKnowsBestx

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow…

Remember anger is an acid that does more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything it is poured upon.

O tongue! Say something good and gain; abstain from evil and be safe.

"Its more difficult to guard the tongue than guarding gold and silver" -Anonymous

xAllahKnowsBestx

There was a time when the word of a believer was as good as a guaranteed statement.

Today, even a written, witnessed, signed under oath legal document cannot be trusted in many cases.

Is it because we have become believers only by name & appearance?

A true believer will always stand for the same values.

Let's revive our honesty & trustworthiness & rekindle our genuineness. It's not impossible.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Take your time when praying as it could be your last opportunity to do so.

Develop a no rush policy when praying to your Maker.

May the One we are returning to have mercy upon us on that day.

xAllahKnowsBestx

It is not about how much we have earned more than how much we can give.

We could have made our lives comfortable through earning, but how many other lives have we helped make easy?

Giving doesn't always require wealth. There are so many things besides wealth that are more important & valuable to be given.

"Some people are so poor, the only thing they possess is money."

Be generous & sincere & see it return to you multiplied in the most amazing way.

If we cannot make life any easier for others, we should at least not make it any more difficult.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

MashaAllah! Mufti Ismail Menk is one of the greatest sheikhs of this era. He visited Maldives last year and mashaAllah I have never seen any face more delightful than his. Sheikh's way of reciting Quran in his lectures is really superb. I copied that from him and recite like that when I give Friday Sermons.

May Allah bless him.

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

xAllahKnowsBestx

Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

MashaAllah! Mufti Ismail Menk is one of the greatest sheikhs of this era. He visited Maldives last year and mashaAllah I have never seen any face more delightful than his. Sheikh's way of reciting Quran in his lectures is really superb. I copied that from him and recite like that when I give Friday Sermons.

May Allah bless him.

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Wa 'alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakahtuh,

Ameen. And mashaa'Allaah, I love the way he recites as well.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Every test in life makes us bitter or better.

Every problem comes to make us or break us.

The choice is ours to become victims or victorious.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Stay away from anger, it hurts only YOU!

If you are right then there is no need to get angry & if you are wrong then you don't have the right to get angry.

xAllahKnowsBestx

When scholars use foul & dirty terms to refer to those they disagree with, it leaves the public more confused than ever.

It also reduces the likelihood of matters being resolved & gives the feeling that it is acceptable to swear those we disagree with.

Scholars need to set the example of respectful speech, dialogue or discussion at all times, whether provoked, with those they disagree with or the enemy.

The masses look up to the scholars for guidance & leadership yet at times they are dumbfounded by witnessing the magnitude of in-fighting & name-calling.

The Messenger pbuh neither used foul language to refer to anyone nor did he address anyone disrespectfully. Don't we agree that success lies in following his example?

Will we ever admit our weaknesses & rectify them with sincere repentance?

xAllahKnowsBestx

Listening to the birds chirp every morning reminds us that all such creatures praise the Almighty, but how often do we?

Surely we can do better.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuhu,

Children who have come across a parents immorality, cheating or sin, mostly suffer very deep scars silently well into their adulthood.

This status is directed to all parents to realise the great responsibility placed upon our shoulders by the Almighty.

Don't allow your children to be a witness to your weakness. In fact quit it & see how successful you become by the will of the Almighty.

IbnAdam77

12:12:12 12/12/12 is one second that the world gets so excited about.

It passes just like every fraction of time does.

Lesson is, "Time is valuable, don't waste a single second, it will not return."

IbnAdam77

Jumping to negative conclusions when anything is said or done, is not only a sin, but a very bad disease.

It creates problems & mistrust from non-existent matters.

It adds absolutely unnecessary tension in peoples lives & destroys good relations.

The innocent are made to look guilty & even if they try to explain, it is brushed aside.

Satan enjoys this thoroughly.

Let us make sure that WE do not have this habit of jumping to negative conclusions all the time!

xAllahKnowsBestx

Forgot about this thread.. oops.

We won't judge your closeness to the Almighty based on your dress but your choice of dress itself judges your own distance from the Almighty.