Fully golden Quran made in Russia

Muslimboy2222

There is something that disturbs me & it's about writing the quran in a golden plate. First of all i would like to ask if it is allowed for non-muslims to touch the quran. and secondly these guys are planning to sell it to muslim arabs?????? i know that maybe their intentions are good but i don't think this is even allowed in islam??? The quran is something that all muslims in the world must cherish but i wonder why write it in gold???? and above that how can a non-muslim write it & try to sell it to a muslim.

So if anyone can help me out. i would be more than thankful.....

Amir_of_spain

The quran was not revealed so that we could use it in this type of way/fashion. This is just someones way of making money, selling a item.

Muslimboy2222

how can't there be nothing wrong when these people who are intially non-muslims write the quran in gold & try to sell it to muslims????? there must be something at least?

if this is a way for them to show how they respect islam & value, then i think they have done a good job but at the same time broken some of the rules that govern of non-muslims touching the quran.

i even wonder how they got the original manuscript that had the blood stains of Caliph Omar. As islam becomes more famous around the world some people tend not to follow the islamic laws strictly as it should be done. Nowadays you can even find the quran in display in libraries with the text & true meanings altered by non-muslims.
if you think that what i am saying doesn't happen just try to search the net about things like, adoption,circumssision, and hadith. i am sure you will find that somethings aren't true & some non-muslims tend to use it to mis-lead other people.
So what i am trying to say that is that, isn't there supposed to laws regarding about how non-muslims use the quran to mis-lead others. How should a muslims react when he/she comes across such things??

Oem Soufiane

It's an exaggeration of the highest form. They better spend the 6 mln dollars on things that matter these days. And certainly Russia, they're fighting muslims in chechnia and in the mean time they are making a golden quran. :confused:

I must reply to some of the users who say that non-muslims can't touch the quran; How else would we, reverts, become muslim.
OK To write a quran is something different, but the quran and islam is for all mankind to know/read. If the quran could only be read by muslims, how would the rest of the people get to know islam, I would be amazingly happy if a non-muslim tried to read the quran. and I would love to hand out a lot of them to the kuffaar.

ARMANI

Please refrain from using words like "sold" or "price"..

I think the word that is used is "hadya". But i am 100% sure on this..

It is generally said that there is no 'price' for the Quran. It cant be bought or sold. if u read the Quran ,it never says "price" it says usually says hadya or nothing at all..

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2:
i even wonder how they got the original manuscript that had the blood stains of Caliph Omar. As islam becomes more famous around the world some people tend not to follow the islamic laws strictly as it should be done. Nowadays you can even find the quran in display in libraries with the text & true meanings altered by non-muslims.
I didnt think non-muslims weren't allowed to touch the Qur'an. I read somewhere they can touch the translated copies, the ones with footnotes and explanations, but where does that leave christian arabs who speak/read arabic. Can someone clarify?
So what i am trying to say that is that, isn't there supposed to laws regarding about how non-muslims use the quran to mis-lead others. How should a muslims react when he/she comes across such things??
Kuffar are always on to something or other, just see YouTube for the most vile propaganda about Qur'an, in the end, its almost impossible to stop it, either someone comes willingly, without a closed/biased mind and a genuine interest in understanding it or not, but I think we can counter this on an individual level by being proper muslims ourselves as an example perhaps?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member

cool sis said:
And certainly Russia, they're fighting muslims in chechnia and in the mean time they are making a golden quran.
You hit the nail on the head, I felt uneasy watching the video but wasnt sure why exactly :)

Seems highly superficial once placed in the context of the Chechan wars.

:jazaak:

ARMANI

I am sharing this old news just for information..
I saw this news on Yahoo.com

Record price for 13th-century Quran..

LONDON - A Quran written in 1203, believed to be the oldest known complete copy, has sold for more than $2.3 million at an auction.
ADVERTISEMENT

The holy book, which had been estimated to sell for up to $715,000, fetched $2,327,300 at Tuesday's auction in London, Christie's said.

That was a record auction price for a Quran or any type of Islamic manuscript, the auctioneer Christie's said.

A nearly complete, 10th-century Kufic Quran, thought to be from North Africa or the near East, sold $1,870,000.

Both were offered for sale by the Hispanic Society of America, and were purchased by trade buyers in London, Christie's said.

The record-setting Quran was signed by Yahya bin Muhammad ibn 'Umar, dated 17 Ramadan 599 (June 1203).

It was acquired in Cairo in 1905 by Archer Milton Huntington, who founded the Hispanic Society in New York City in 1904. Huntington, the adopted son of railroad and ship-building magnate Collis P. Huntington, died in 1955.

The calligraphy in the manuscript was done in gold outlined in thin black lines, and the marginal notes are in silver outlined in red.

The kufic Quran bridges a gap between the earlier style, copied on parchment of horizontal format, and the later style of vertical composition, often on paper, Christie's catalog said.

p1l77193.jpg

The kufic script takes its name from Kufah in Iraq, an early center of Islamic scholarship, according to the British Library.

Because the script's vertical strokes were very short but the horizontal strokes elongated, it was written on papers in a landscape format.

Its just that we, as muslims should respect what we have, If we don't than who will?
As far as none muslims are concerned, they don't what they are doing... for them its was just an act of showing ones riches.... otherwise they wouldn't use the words like "Price" or "Sold" for something that cannot actually be bought OR estimated in terms of money....After all Its the Word of Allah and complete code of life... not some ancient woodoo book.

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

Hay If everything in the video was haram ...im pretty sure this thread would have been deleted 2 seconds after it was posted. haha

Muslimboy2222

There are certain rules that corncerning about a non-muslim touching the holy quran & when i say the holy quran i mean when it's not translated but rather in pure arabic. A muslim can touch & read the quran when she/he has performed wudhu (ablution) & also must be in a state of cleaniless (i.e must take a bath after performing sexual intercourse).
the following fatwa was issued by the late Azharite scholar Sheikh Mustafa Muhammad As-Saerafy, in which he states the following:

“The ruling governing touching the Qur'an or the Mushaf or putting one’s fingers on it applies only to the Arabic text (the contents lying between its two folds). As for the translated copies, with footnotes explaining the meanings of the verses, they are not included under the same ruling.

With regard to the issue of non-Muslims touching the Qur’an, especially non-Arabs, praise be to Allah, nowadays, there are many translations of the meanings of the Glorious Qur’an almost in all world languages.

Thereupon, we maintain that there is nothing wrong with the non-Muslim reading and touching these translations, as the purpose of these translations is to convey the meanings of the Qur’an to all nations in their own mother tongues. Logically, this aim will not be fulfilled unless they touch and turn the leaves of such translated copies.”

Moreover, in his well-known book, Fiqh-us-Sunnah, the late Sheikh Sayyed Sabiq (may Allah bless his soul), adds:

“Abu Bakr Ibn Muhammad narrated from his father, on the authority of his grandfather, that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) in the letter he sent to the people of Yemen, said: “No one is to touch the Qur’an except one who is purified.” This Hadith is reported by An-Nasa’i, Ad-Daraqutni, Al-Bayhaqi, and Al-Athram. Of its chain of transmitters, Ibn `Abdul-Barr said: “It is Mutawatir (having an uninterrupted chain of transmission).”

`Abdullah Ibn `Umar (may Allah be pleased with them both) quoted the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) as saying: “No one is to touch the Qur’an unless he has purified himself.” (Reported by Al-Haythami in Majma` Az-Zawa’id and he said that its narrators are trustworthy)

Apparently, this Hadith needs discussion. The word “purify” must have one particular meaning here. Therefore, to say that one who is in state of hadath asghar or minor impurity may not touch the Qur’an makes no sense.

Concerning Allah’s statement, “... which none touches save the purified,” (Al-Waqi`ah: 79), actually, the pronoun “which” refers to “the Book kept hidden” (from the preceding verse) and this is also referred to as “the well-preserved tablet,” and the word “purified” refers to the angels, which is similar to the verses, “On honored scrolls, exalted, purified, (set down) by scribes, noble and righteous.” (`Abasa: 13-16)

Ibn `Abbas, Ash-Sha`bi, Ad-Dahak, Zayd Ibn `Ali, Al-Mu’aiyyad Billah, Dawood, Ibn Hazm, and Hammad Ibn Abu Sulayman are of the opinion that one who is in state of Hadath Asghar may touch the Qur’an. Most of the scholars, however, agree that a person in that state may recite the Qur’an without touching it.”

The question isn't about whether a non-muslim can read the quran but it's about if they are allowed to touch. The reason why there are translations of the holy quran is to help reverts,muslims & non-muslims (who are not from arab origin) understand the quran better since they can't read or speak arabic.
So lets say that there is a non-muslim who isn't arab but can speak the arabic well enough that he/she understands it well, then it's ok for them to read the original quran but not touch it.

Another thing if a person doesn't beocme a muslim just by reading the quran, you have to follow the islamic teachings,hadith and alot of other things. So in other words you don't become a muslim by reading/touching the quran but by saying the shahadah.Also there is alot more to being a muslim rather than just reading the quran. You have to follow the true teaching of the prophet,quran,islamic sharia and alot of other things.

Muslimboy2222

It's an exaggeration of the highest form. They better spend the 6 mln dollars on things that matter these days. And certainly Russia, they're fighting muslims in chechnia and in the mean time they are making a golden quran. :confused:

I must reply to some of the users who say that non-muslims can't touch the quran; How else would we, reverts, become muslim.
OK To write a quran is something different, but the quran and islam is for all mankind to know/read. If the quran could only be read by muslims, how would the rest of the people get to know islam, I would be amazingly happy if a non-muslim tried to read the quran. and I would love to hand out a lot of them to the kuffaar.

So if you have read my previous post,you will find that a non-muslim isn't allowed to touch the original quran ( without translations) but can read it. Like i said you don't become a muslim by touching the quran. I hope i've answered your question Oem Souifanne.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
Did u watch all the video and noticed some parts ....
The people who touch Quran wearing gloves ,I guess it means something ...
So look again instead of giving all these conclusions and accusing people ...
Almost half of the Russian population are Muslims...What they wanted is just to show respect to the Holy book of Muslims ,thats what the man on the video at the end exactly says,and he is Christian Orthodox ...Now its in Museum and many people will be looking and reading also,as a lot of Russian people know arabic ..
U cant judge all the people by whats happening in Chechenia .There are people in Russia who also hate that war the same as we do .I grow up among muslims in Russia and i never hated them or havent seen them hating us ....

And Allah knows best ..

waaleikum salam

Muslimboy2222

salam aleikum
Did u watch all the video and noticed some parts ....
The people who touch Quran wearing gloves ,I guess it means something ...
So look again instead of giving all these conclusions and accusing people ...
Almost half of the Russian population are Muslims...What they wanted is just to show respect to the Holy book of Muslims ,thats what the man on the video at the end exactly says,and he is Christian Orthodox ...Now its in Museum and many people will be looking and reading also,as a lot of Russian people know arabic ..
U cant judge all the people by whats happening in Chechenia .There are people in Russia who also hate that war the same as we do .I grow up among muslims in Russia and i never hated them or havent seen them hating us ....

And Allah knows best ..

waaleikum salam

even if they wear gloves it means that they aren't muslims. Why wear gloves to touch the quran. Also there are some laws regarding hanging the quran on display. If you want learn more, try to look at the link posted by Al-Kashmir.These guys also plan to sell it. Now there is the problem, u can't buy the quran in islam,because the quran has no price. I know that their intentions are good but they have broken some islamic laws & someone needs to tell them that nothing more/less.

muharram23

Staff member
even if they wear gloves it means that they aren't muslims. Why wear gloves to touch the quran. Also there are some laws regarding hanging the quran on display. If you want learn more, try to look at the link posted by Al-Kashmir.These guys also plan to sell it. Now there is the problem, u can't buy the quran in islam,because the quran has no price. I know that their intentions are good but they have broken some islamic laws & someone needs to tell them that nothing more/less.

Salaamu alaykum

brother, what is your proof that non-muslims cant touch the quran? The quraan itself means something that is recited. Therefore, there is only one quraaan and it is that which is recited. Quraan has been preserved through memorization. Since quraan means that which is recited, the copies of the quraan are called the masahif (single-mushaf). There are alot of people who were amazed by the copy of the quraan (its letters and scripture)and thus became muslim. If there is a proof from scholars on this, i would like u to post it so i can benefit as well. We need to be careful before we say stuff.

Allah knows best

wesalam

dna1987

Muslim Guy

You hit the nail on the head, I felt uneasy watching the video but wasnt sure why exactly :)

Seems highly superficial once placed in the context of the Chechan wars.

:jazaak:

I think some rich Muslim paid a Russian company for it to be made...
Or perhaps they made it to sell it and make a large profit by selling it or taking it on tour around the world. Business idea...
Salam alaikum.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

salam aleikum brother
I know that their intentions are good but they have broken some islamic laws & someone needs to tell them that nothing more/less
Brother are u a scholar to say this ? Bring some proof, dont give your own fatwa...

waaleikum salam