Gaddafi's son pays US diva for New Year's Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Mariah Cary paid $1 mln to perform four songs at bash
Gaddafi's son pays US diva for New Year's Eve

U.S. diva Mariah Carey reportedly scooped up a whooping $1 million to perform only four songs at a lavish New Year's Eve bash in the Caribbean thrown by the son of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, press reports said Monday.

As several Middle East countries cancelled New Year celebrations in a show of solidarity with Palestinians in Gaza under attack by Israel, Saif Gaddafi, 36, held an intimate bash on the Caribbean island of St. Barts, where Carey was vacationing with husband Nick Cannon, British tabloid The Sun reported.

The songstress was paid to sing a set of four classic tracks at the island's Nikki Beach Club where U.S. producer Timbaland and rapper Jay-Z also performed as part of the event.

"They all had a great time," a guest was quoted by the paper as saying.

Meanwhile, in the Middle East several concerts and shows were cancelled as Israel began a deadly assault on Gaza just four days before New Year's Eve.

As the death toll of just days of bombings climbed a somber mood dominated the area, events scheduled to take place in Egypt, Bahrain, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey and the UAE emirate of Dubai were all cancelled or replaced with low key celebrations.

Source:http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2009/01/05/63536.html

daywalker

this is nothing, the best one is here: OUR SAUD RULERS.

who cares what gaddafi and his son do. let see what out TAWHID RULERS are doing:

Ms Rice received $316,000 (£214,000) in jewels from the Jordanian and Saudi kings - worth three times more than their gifts to President George W Bush.

Early in the year, Jordan's King Abdullah II presented Ms Rice with a diamond and emerald set - including a necklace, bracelet, earrings and a ring - worth $147,000 (£100,000), according to the list.

Not to be outdone, Saudi King Abdullah gave Ms Rice a set of diamond and ruby jewellery in July valued at $165,000.

The inventory also includes a $170,000 flower petal necklace he gave Ms Rice in 2005, which the department says was not previously disclosed.

Mr Bush's wife, Laura, also received a diamond and sapphire set from the Saudi monarch, but hers was worth just half that given to Ms Rice at $85,000.

From the same Arab leaders, President Bush received just over $100,000 in gifts in 2007, the list shows.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7798561.stm

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
this is nothing, the best one is here: OUR SAUD RULERS.

who cares what gaddafi and his son do. let see what out TAWHID RULERS are doing:

Ms Rice received $316,000 (£214,000) in jewels from the Jordanian and Saudi kings - worth three times more than their gifts to President George W Bush.

Early in the year, Jordan's King Abdullah II presented Ms Rice with a diamond and emerald set - including a necklace, bracelet, earrings and a ring - worth $147,000 (£100,000), according to the list.

Not to be outdone, Saudi King Abdullah gave Ms Rice a set of diamond and ruby jewellery in July valued at $165,000.

The inventory also includes a $170,000 flower petal necklace he gave Ms Rice in 2005, which the department says was not previously disclosed.

Mr Bush's wife, Laura, also received a diamond and sapphire set from the Saudi monarch, but hers was worth just half that given to Ms Rice at $85,000.

From the same Arab leaders, President Bush received just over $100,000 in gifts in 2007, the list shows.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7798561.stm

So sad!

Just a couple months of ago..a Saudi sister who was doing some charity work..spoke of visiting a household..where the mother took her aside and *begged* her to bring *apples* with her the next time she comes..because her kids always want to *try* them (yes..the kids have NEVER tasted apples!)..but she can't afford them

And I read about another family (this was in a newspaper)...that lived *out of their car*..they slept in it..ate in it..pretty much did everything..in that *car*

Truly Sad! :(

As for Gaddafi's son?...I just have a one word question directed at him...*why?*

May Allah Guide him and all the other Muslim leaders around the world

Wa La Hawla Wala Qowta Illa Billah

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We have to concentrate on the positive. Fools come in all faiths. And money is not as important as we make it to be. We need money but only when it is blessed does it do us any good.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I agree it is bad behavior...but at this time I need the behavior of the believers to help me become strong. One believer and we become many.

daywalker

Salaam,
We have to concentrate on the positive. And money is not as important as we make it to be. We need money but only when it is blessed does it do us any good.

Weak muslims should never look only at his positive acts, and seat down at home.Remember the hadith where rophet(sw) told us to look at pious man , and have wish to be like them, and looking at poor man and say alhamdulillah for whatever we have.

We should look at our weak points and try to improve ourself. Matter is not money, the matter is behind the facts of wasting money (i.e. showing love towards kuffar...c.Rice, M. carey, L.Bush) at other side people are selling their iman in africa just cause of food!

dont come now please with Tawhid lecture for Allahs sake anybody.We are sitting in Hitter on room, and eating hot coffee, so its easy to say we may stay hungry but will not sell our iman, May Allah protect the ummah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I do not lecture brother. Nor do I just sit at home. But I do not have the time to worry about the sorry decisions made by immature fools. What I was writing is we can not dwell on what the fools are doing..be they Muslims. We have work to do and it can not be swayed by the acts of fools. And you are correct we have to say Alhumdulila we are not like the fools.

daywalker

Salaam,
I do not lecture brother. Nor do I just sit at home. But I do not have the time to worry about the sorry decisions made by immature fools.
:salam2:

sister the Tawhid lecture word wasn´t refering to your post, i apologize if u feel hurted.only first 2 paragraph was related with ur post. and last one for me.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Salaam,

We have to concentrate on the positive. Fools come in all faiths. And money is not as important as we make it to be. We need money but only when it is blessed does it do us any good.

You are right sister, there are 'black sheep in every communities' (Dr Zakir Naik). There are millions of muslim around the world suffering due to various reasons (e.g. no food, oppression, slaughtering by the zionist etc) so the rich nations should have channelled their money to good caused unfortunately they are just not being grateful to Allah. I can only pray for Allah to guide them back to the right path.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We will never give up. Gaza will not die. Insha'Allah we grow strong. Alhumdulila I have brothers and sisters like you to help me regain my strength. Now we have to strive harder than ever. We have to learn and educate and dedicate ourselves to Islam.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

it doesn't surprise me to hear that some of these leaders have been doing things like this. i'm sure that they may be muslims by name and all but they aren't very muslim-like in their actions. how many serious muslims would want to see mariah carey or jay-z for new years? most muslims i know wouldn't even listen to music, let alone the always semi nude mariah carey:astag: .

let's not give too much focus on this story, because we're looking at these leaders and their children, yet the struggle in gaza still rages on.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
it really a shame :( i wish our leaders would change especially the arabs one cuz muslims are usually associated with them

warda A

Sister
i agree with all the remarks made but, the leaders should always show a good attitude, especially those in Saudi,what a waste of money for gifts, that money would help people in dafur, in palestine and so forth.
Our emaan increases and decreases but when we see a wrong done then we have to say something.......
those leaders are a big shame to all the muslim world.

saif

Dear brother daywalker,

I am afraid some people have written your name in the list of khawarij because you are speaking against "fully qualified" rulers. They are "qualified" as long as they are not committing clear and open kufr. And the examples you have quoted do not describe kufr of the rulers...

Remaining on the "Manhaj of correcting the rulers" you are only allowed to write them a letter but don't defame them in public. A political demonstration is a bid'a anyway.

If doing all that makes one a khariji, then I announce as of today, that I am a khariji too like brother daywalker.

Astaghfirullah, even for a truck driver we would have strickter qualifications and disqualifications.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
dont come now please with Tawhid lecture for Allahs sake anybody.We are sitting in Hitter on room, and eating hot coffee, so its easy to say we may stay hungry but will not sell our iman, May Allah protect the ummah.

sister the Tawhid lecture word wasn´t refering to your post, i apologize if u feel hurted.only first 2 paragraph was related with ur post. and last one for me.

Yes, I am sure it was referring to those who follow the perfect and beautiful Islam. :) I would be happy if it was referring to me, infact, you would not be the first one!

Someone else critisised me for the exact same thing, the funny thing is, that he made post where someone wrote a letter pretending to be Allah! The person had written that Allah was waiting whilst people watched TV. Astaghfirullah, and he thought this was good.Yet, is same person who jumps up and down when it comes to talking about political issues.

I would rather die telling people about Tawheed, then waste my time talking about any other thing!

Astaghfirullah, Allah help guide us all to the right way! What is the bigger answer than Tawhid and Aqeedah, Tasfiyyah and Tarbiyyah for people to be better Muslims?

I would and could never critisise any Muslim who wanted to talk about Tawheed. There is always a time and a place for Tawheed. Our whole lives and actions are based on Tawheed, to do things for Allah alone. Writing this post, defending one's home, fighting for Allah, has to be done on pure Tawheed. For Muslims to unite, the foundation is always Tawheed.

All we want is for people to stop wasting their time in futile argument, in their warped, baseless rhetoric and stick to the Quran and Sunnah.

If doing all that makes one a khariji, then I announce as of today, that I am a khariji too like brother daywalker.
So we have two kharijis?

If you knew who Dhul Khuwaisirah and the Khawarij were, you would never ever say such a thing.

The Prophet :saw: said "the Khawaarij are the dogs of the hellfire." [ibn Abi Asim Sunnah 904/905]

They were a people who were cursed by not only the Salaf and the Sahaba, but the Prophet :saw: warned against them too!

So, even no matter if you say "If they are khariji then i am too", this is ridiculous.

Dhul Khuwaisirah was their Leader, and he was alive at the time of the Prophet :saw:

The Prophet :saw: once was distributing the war booty amongst some of his companions. He had chosen to give it to some New Muslims from the Sahaba. Dhul Khuwaisirah got up, he was angry, he said to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: "Be fair", can you believe it???

The Sahaba, Umar got up and was ready to fight and kill the man, there and then, but the Prophet :saw: told him to leave them. He :saw: said, that he could not kill them as then the disbelievers would say that he was killing his own people.

The Khariji group went on, to spill more blood of Muslims and all those around. They were noted for being always devoted in their worship and prayer. They would always talk about how they were the ones who were fighting for the Muslims, how they were the mujahideen, how they implemented the Shariah. They always found faults with the Rulers and called them Kafr for their sins.

There is much written about Dhul Khuwaisirah, the Khawarij, their Beliefs and history. I ask that you research and read about them and their evil before you take their name.

Why is it, that here we save the honour of our website members, by deleting posts and advising in secret. But, when it comes to the honour of other Muslims, such as those who put time to make and pay 1000s for the website they write on, the people that want to help them, it is something to be impudent about?

We should have some mutual respect. Rather than posting snide comments about the moderation on this website. The moderation is done for good reason. As for making mockery about Manhaj, then know, this is from the Quran and the Sunnah and the way of the pious Muslims of the past. If people are not happy with that, then this is not the place for them.

daywalker

I am afraid some people have written your name in the list of khawarij because you are speaking against "fully qualified" rulers. They are "qualified" as long as they are not committing clear and open kufr. And the examples you have quoted do not describe kufr of the rulers...

Dont forget the munafiq of madina didn´t use to even leave salah with jamah, and to comitting clear or open Kufr was far away from their attitude. But though these munafiqs will be last stage of hell. And their attitude is not wrong, but showing love for kuffar.

showing love for kuffar, not doing any open kufr = both are qualities of munafiq. So decision is yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.