Getting Ridiculous

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

dont jump to the hadiths first, the best thing to do is to start with the quran, thats what i did.

dianek

You are a grown up sister... Don't let anyone spoon feed you...

take a break sister, as i mentioned before... when one is tired, he goes to sleep... "the brain" needs a break too!... you'll be able to think "out of the box" at that point, and been more efficient...

Going to sound weird, but it's like trying to pick a paint color there are so many choices that you get overwhelmed, then stressed until you finally say SCREW it and leave the walls white.....

I can only say that I now place my relationship with God between me and him and no faith label. And if that gets me heaven or hell it is my cross to carry not anyone elses. And so it is with that that I believe an individuals faith is a personal choice and should not be held accountable by someone else's beleif system.

But it is a fact that when that danish film maker did that film, there were death threats against, riots......why? Does he not have a right to his own opinions and ideas? Even if we or you disagree? How can you call for his death under islamic law when he is not muslim? How can you condemn someone for using a photo of a puppy because you find it filthy? Why don't people use their time and principles to argue something more valid like ending *!*!*!*!ography, raising money for the poor, take your "fighting" mentality to countries that need your help....like Darfur, The Congo, Zimbabwe......stop moving into countries that are not Islamic countries and expect that country to change the way they live to suit your way of life. That to me is WRONG.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Going to sound weird, but it's like trying to pick a paint color there are so many choices that you get overwhelmed, then stressed until you finally say SCREW it and leave the walls white.....

I can only say that I now place my relationship with God between me and him and no faith label. And if that gets me heaven or hell it is my cross to carry not anyone elses. And so it is with that that I believe an individuals faith is a personal choice and should not be held accountable by someone else's beleif system.

But it is a fact that when that danish film maker did that film, there were death threats against, riots......why? Does he not have a right to his own opinions and ideas? Even if we or you disagree? How can you call for his death under islamic law when he is not muslim? How can you condemn someone for using a photo of a puppy because you find it filthy? Why don't people use their time and principles to argue something more valid like ending *!*!*!*!ography, raising money for the poor, take your "fighting" mentality to countries that need your help....like Darfur, The Congo, Zimbabwe......stop moving into countries that are not Islamic countries and expect that country to change the way they live to suit your way of life. That to me is WRONG.

why islam?
here is your favorite website, youtube :p , with some useful info (you'll find what you look for. if you look for bad muslims, you'll find them too in youtube)... i keyed in "why islam" and this what i got....
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=why+islam&search_type=&aq=f

about the danish part... If someone cursed (or hurt) your child, how would you feel? what would you do?... now imagine, someone more beloved than you child!

sis, again, don't look at OTHER PEOPLE FAULTS, WATCH YOUR OWN FAULTS, AND DO YOUR BEST TO BE A GOOD PERSON...

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam

dont judge a religion by the people who follow it but by the evidence it has eg the quran and the sunnah.

tabaria

:salam2:

There is a huge double standard. If you say jews rule the world because of their money you get charged for hate speech.

If you say muslims are going to rule the world/europe because of demographics you get applauded.

Take whatever criticism of muslims, substitute the world muslim for the word jew and it will be banned and the people charged.

I would love someone to take a speech made by Hitler about jews. Substitute the word jew with muslim, do you think people would be offended, even though so many of Hitler's documents and texts are banned? No! it would be encouraged.

The double standard is disgusting.

palestine

Servant of Allah
dianek. dear sister i really don't know what is wrong. do you expect for muslims to sit back when someone near and dear to their heart is insulted. how could we even think to sit back when they insult Allah let alone muhammad s.a.w. everyone is entitled to their own opinion and sure the danish can have their own opinions, of course no one is forcing islam down thier throats-but how come they never pick on any other belief other than islam? is it necessary for them to always pick on islam. so yes they do deserve what they get- because they brought upon themselves. anyone who insults allah deserves what happens to them. salam:)
ps: pls if you do not want islam for yourself then that's that- but you have been taking it too far lately. foxnews and cnn is owned by jews, jews who are doing everything they can to distort islam. so don't listen to everything you hear.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Not stupid, I know that. But I won't swallow the hadiths.......can't do it!

Simply defined hadeeth is the Life of the beloved Prophet.

You find it intresting to read some athiest who in your own words mocks all religions with "equal opportunity" and find the Life of Prophet Life difficult to swallow???

SunhanaAllah!

The people had (even do today) memorized not just the words of hadeeth but even the names chain of narrators of each and every hadeeth.

Not just that, the entire biography of the people narrating it was scrutinised and is documented even today to ensure that people who narrate them are genuine...

And people like Imaam Al Bukhari travelled miles just to collect one Hadeeth...

Without hadeeth Islaaam is incomplete and denying Hadeeth or ridiculing hadeeth is very serious issue...it is better to keep quite and seek knowledge rather than speak rubbish that will put our hereafter at serious risk.

without hadeeth you will never know basics of Islaam:

for example how do you know:

1. How many times to pray Salah?

2. How to pray Salaah?
Some people may dance like Michael Jackson thinking it will please Allah...and it is not far fetched...there are cults among non-muslims who do this...

Alahamdulillah! it is because of hadeeth we know the Life of our beloved Prophet.

Whose mission was not just to convey the message of Allah, but to to explain and make clear the message...and the proof of it is there in Qur'an itself.

Sister, You seriously need to learn about Islam...

Ofcourse, if you have questions and need clarifications you can always comeback and ask the people of knowledge...but stop making prejudiced opinions (without even studying Islam properly) which will put your hereafter at serious risk!

Idris16

THE PERSON WHO DRAW PROPHET MUHAMMAD(P.B.U.H) AS PUPPET WAS ACTUALLY SWEDISH. SO YOU DON'T WANT US TO CONDEMN THAT? SO YOU WANT US TO HELP ZIMBABWE. IT'S YOUR COUNTRY WHO MAKES IT WEAKER. THEY HAVE BEGUN WITH SANCTIONS AGAINST ZIMBABWE. A SWEDISH BOSS OVER A NEWSPAPER WAS FIND DEAD AFTER A DAY HE DECIDED TO INSULT OUR BELOVED PROPHET (P.B.U.H). HE GOT PUNISHED BY OUR LORD ALLAH!

abdellah007

Sister Diane,

What I see from your recent threads and posts is more criticising than getting knowledge. you look to people actions more than knowing the truth by yourself. youtube videos, Tv channels , some forums will all misguide you and take you away from the right path. When you get to strenght your faith then you will not care to peoples actions anymore. it is all based on faith.

I am Moroccan and I do feel sad about shooting to death a moroccan in
philadelphia when he went to pray the morning prayer.

A Moroccan American Shot In philadelphia
But on Sunday, Souliman, 33, a newlywed originally from Morocco, was gunned down by two men during an attempted robbery in front of the Al-Asqa Islamic Society, on Germantown Avenue near Jefferson Street. He was on his way to morning prayers, police said.

Cops swiftly arrested Joel McClearly, 19, of 9th and Dauphin streets, North Philadelphia, on the same day that Souliman's life was cut short on the steps of his worship place. Police said that they have a lead on a second suspect.

Police said that McClearly and his accomplice approached Souliman just before he entered the mosque shortly after 5 a.m. Sunday. They pulled a gun on Souliman, demanded money, and then a struggle ensued, police said.

He was shot multiple times and left for dead by his attackers.

McClearly, who police have tied to at least two other robberies and shootings, has been charged with murder, conspiracy and related offenses.

Members of the Moroccan community expressed shock and outrage over the tragedy, said Marwan Kreidie, executive director of the Arab American Development Corp., which has its office in the mosque.

Established in 1989, the mosque, which also doubles as a school and a bookstore, aims to serve as a shield for the Arab community, he said.

He said that the corporation and the mosque "have been trying to clean up the neighborhood, so we're surprised this happened. [Souliman] had a relationship in the Moroccan community."

Souliman, who was described as a "peaceful man," worked in a warehouse in New Jersey and was happy about life with his new bride, who is also from Morocco.

He had started praying at the mosque a few months ago, Kreidie said, and didn't know many other mosque-goers, but was respected in the Morrocan community.

Yesterday, Kreidie said, Souliman's new bride flew her husband's body to Morroco, where he is to be buried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzU_-lw7kaw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gxhpbnAJmY

that is a rediculous thing. this is unacceptable act whatever the reason behind it is.

I wont jugde all americans to be bad or good. and that is how we should deal with muslims too.

wa salam

Steve940

Sister Diane,

What I see from your recent threads and posts is more critising than getting knowledge. you look to people actions more than knowing the truth by yourself. youtube videos, Tv channels , some forums will all misguide you and take you away from the right path. When you get to strenght your faith then you will not care to peoples actions anymore. it is all based on faith.

I am Moroccan and I do feel sad about shooting to death a moroccan in
philadelphia when he went to pray the morning prayer.

A Moroccan American Shot In philadelphia
But on Sunday, Souliman, 33, a newlywed originally from Morocco, was gunned down by two men during an attempted robbery in front of the Al-Asqa Islamic Society, on Germantown Avenue near Jefferson Street. He was on his way to morning prayers, police said.

Cops swiftly arrested Joel McClearly, 19, of 9th and Dauphin streets, North Philadelphia, on the same day that Souliman's life was cut short on the steps of his worship place. Police said that they have a lead on a second suspect.

Police said that McClearly and his accomplice approached Souliman just before he entered the mosque shortly after 5 a.m. Sunday. They pulled a gun on Souliman, demanded money, and then a struggle ensued, police said.

He was shot multiple times and left for dead by his attackers.

McClearly, who police have tied to at least two other robberies and shootings, has been charged with murder, conspiracy and related offenses.

Members of the Moroccan community expressed shock and outrage over the tragedy, said Marwan Kreidie, executive director of the Arab American Development Corp., which has its office in the mosque.

Established in 1989, the mosque, which also doubles as a school and a bookstore, aims to serve as a shield for the Arab community, he said.

He said that the corporation and the mosque "have been trying to clean up the neighborhood, so we're surprised this happened. [Souliman] had a relationship in the Moroccan community."

Souliman, who was described as a "peaceful man," worked in a warehouse in New Jersey and was happy about life with his new bride, who is also from Morocco.

He had started praying at the mosque a few months ago, Kreidie said, and didn't know many other mosque-goers, but was respected in the Morrocan community.

Yesterday, Kreidie said, Souliman's new bride flew her husband's body to Morroco, where he is to be buried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzU_-lw7kaw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gxhpbnAJmY

that is a rediculous thing. this is unacceptable act whatever the reason behind it is.

I wont jugde all americans to be bad or good. and that is how we should deal with muslims too.

wa salam

Subhanallah that is that masjid that I go to for eid prayers... What a shame that is.

Salem9022

You know I was going to say something earlier on this thread but I passed and let you guys handle it : )

but before I go I want to say something to dianek:

Pat condell or Salman Rushdie, or Ayin Hirsi, will always be there, these kind of people were there 100 years ago and 1,000 years and even during the time of the prophet. Our religion is not based upon them.

Islam is the belief in (La ilaha illal Lah) None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, if you have firm belief in this then, no Pat Condell or jimmy swaggart or any others of these shayteen can waiver you in your faith.

So I will let you guys go back your discussion : )

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My respected brothers and sisters..thank you for accepting our sister, Dianek.
Dianek, I have written before that you are so honest. You are very straightforward as to exactly where you are on your spiritual journey and how it is juxtaposed with your secular life.
Everyone has a moment of the spiritual well being dry. We have moments, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and heaven forbid, years of dark, dry spots in our lives. Sometimes we use a clinical word for this and call it depression. Sometimes that is treated with psychotropic drugs: second and third generation.
What is the most effective remedy is prayer. Prayer takes us out of our ruts and brings light to our being.
Please pay attention to the singular word, prayer. There is only one kind of prayer. It is what our Prophet (swas) taught us. It is that simple. We are given a prescription to perform it at least five times a day. We are given the exact directions on how to perform, the prerequisites for prayer, and what duties we may perform between prayer times.
I see your post as reaching out, yes, my dear sister, your prayers are being answered. You have a family here that loves you. Your family will give you the support you need.
We as women, Muslim women, women who are believing, know we need to lower our gaze. When our eyes are lowered it is easier to count the blessings of Allah subhana talla. Prayer is the beginning.

my love.

Mumin01

Salaam,

I always wondered where you got your news from. Almost every Western media tries to pick on Muslims and stir debates. I find it "ridiculous" that the media focuses on such a topic when you have Israeli's bulldozing and occupying Palestinian land, you have US soldiers trying to kill innocent Muslims whom they call "militants" & "insurgents", you have innocent Muslims in Guantanamo who receive no attention. We Muslims know they are trying to laser & bash Muslims & Islam. They do this for their own interest! Their history speaks for itself....

agreed almost all media has a message its trying to get across and in this case its trying to make muslims ridiculous

Doris

Bismilah,

It is amazing how many threads are closed when debate starts. Remember dear believers don't argue on line there is no benifit,but just advise.Debates are done in auditoriums or face to face. With fingers in the keyboard the bird looks like an ealge. If advise does not work then silence is the way of the noble Prophet sallahu alayhee ua salam.Just don't replay back, period. "Whom Allah guides no one can misguide whom Allah leaves astray no one can guide. Who ever started this thread if there are doubts in that human biengs life about islam then does not know islam that's why there are doubts. Talking about hadith with disbelieving attitude is just ignorance manifested from all sides. Ametu-bilahi ue rasulilhi

I have believed in Allah and His noble Messenger salallahu alayhee ue salam. Even if the smallest thing is said unjustly about our beloved Messenger sallahu alayhee ue salam and in fact all the Messengers we are going to protected them with our knowledge,wealth, and even our own lives. And our last prayer is "Praise be to Allah the Rabb of the Worlds."

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Jazaakillaahu khayran sister for the above post. As bro Salem said, Hisri, Rushdie, Pat and all their likes will continue to exist, and have existed from day one (yet the Messenger, peace and blesssings be upon him, didn't react to them like some of today's careless Muslims)! I think some members here need to wake up and realise, that such people aren't representative of Islaam or Muslims, they are outright kuffaar, in cases apostates, so why would we even listen to their rubbish. Islaam is to be judged by the Qur'aan and Sunnah, not the actions of some bad Muslims, or the garbage that comes out of the lips of for example, Hisri. As for Hisri, it is more befitting we call her Mystery, since she has lied about her past many a time, what a shameful creature she is. However, due to her onslaught against Islaam, she still gets support, and pardoned for her crimes as with these others!

As for the filthy film maker and his diseased companion (Theo Van Gogh and the other guy I believe you're on about). Then we do not agree with their views, nor do we agree with their murders, since it involved violating laws, which is NOT allowed in Islaam (let alone the acts of murder themselves), so please, base your Islaam upon proof, and not its opposite; the acts of sinful Muslims. But as for their deaths, then they got what was coming to them; one killed by a Muslim (apparently) and the other by an animal rights "activist", though I prefer to use the term terrorist.

Having said that last point, why don't we turn to for example these animal rights activists, and the extremes they go to when they get upset!? Is it not similar (or even worse) to the actions of some bad Muslims when they get upset? The point is, their actions are based upon emotions, as are that of the Muslims similar to them. And such actions bare no weight in defining Islaam. Only ignorant and unjust people would use that as a criteria to make their judgements. But alhamdulillaah, we are Muslims, and we know better than to look at 1.5 billion people, and judge them based on a select few who the media "advertise" ( many non-Muslims are equally as smart/fair in this regard, especially amongst the non-whites). And further yet, we know to judge based upon proof, knowledge and scriptures, not actions.

was-salaam

kayleigh

OK, so, I realize this thread is no longer about the dog anymore, but...I thought it was a cute puppy. lol.

mezeren

dear sisters and brothers,

i think we should all pray for sister dianek.as far as i can see,she has been through some difficult times which any of us could face.you can never know what will happen in the future.so,i think,it is time to stop arguing which is useless at this point.all we can do is to pray Allah(s.w.t.) for her finding the right path.

to sister dianek,i think that you should stop bringing up bad examples about muslims in a way that acuses islam.it does not help you or anyone.if you believe in a God then it is your duty to find the correct way of God.whenever you have questions about islam you can ask for information here.i am sure we all will be happy to share what we know.

may Allah(s.w.t.) show you the right way.best wishes.

dianek

Actually I am as happy as I have been in a long time.......again my reason for this post is akin to, lets say, to minorities still crying about the slavery of early america.......it's pointless today. Or lets say Gay people fighting for marriage rights, RIDICULOUS! Why should all of society change to Make Accommodations for a small groups ideas? So you don't like a dogs....why is it that they all have to cry about a cute little puppy being on public info sheet?? It seems ridiculous to me. And it seems petty. And if you have a problem with dogs because of your faith why the heck is that the country that is allowing you to live there a problem with the country? You don't have to have a dog, but you should not tell others that they need to remove it because YOU find it offensive. If you find it offensive or other non-islamic ideals offensive then maybe you should move to a muslim country. That was my soul point.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Actually I am as happy as I have been in a long time.......again my reason for this post is akin to, lets say, to minorities still crying about the slavery of early america.......it's pointless today. Or lets say Gay people fighting for marriage rights, RIDICULOUS! Why should all of society change to Make Accommodations for a small groups ideas? So you don't like a dogs....why is it that they all have to cry about a cute little puppy being on public info sheet?? It seems ridiculous to me. And it seems petty. And if you have a problem with dogs because of your faith why the heck is that the country that is allowing you to live there a problem with the country? You don't have to have a dog, but you should not tell others that they need to remove it because YOU find it offensive. If you find it offensive or other non-islamic ideals offensive then maybe you should move to a muslim country. That was my soul point.
hmmm .... where to start ??? ... Lets see... first of all a news article is not a proof enough to get soooooooooo serious ... we really don't know how many people said but the media is quick to make an article like mountain from a tiny particle.

The same media never writes against its own people who openly declare that they are there in Iraq for oil or against those who put you into jail if you only say that the holocaust did not happen the way its said or that not that much people died as they say or against the royal family who put the cartoonists into jail and fine them if they depict a royal family member in one of their free speech cartoons or against people who after killing thousands of people make a peace treaty and get a noble prize for peace

Sister you should give your brothers and sisters some benefit of doubt when you know that even when they defend themselves they are called offenders and we really can't say and I think if I will ask you then you too can't tell me how many people were there who said that and they put the blame on whole community. Suppose you were living there, then ???

See how reliable are the sources that you are taking your info from.