Hadith question (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegangoth

Banned
So the Hadith is the sayings of Muhammed does that mean everyone has to follow what he says? I did ask this question on the "Why" thread but never got an answer lol

zainali

hadith are the sayings of prophet mohammad (pbuh) these are all collected by his companion , which is called as hadith , its all how our beloved prophet (pbuh) practised islam and he is the best idol one can ever have , we follow him for one thing is that he is our prophet , and allah says to follow him , and after reading and understanding the hadith we can practice it in our daily life .

IslamicGirl24

So the Hadith is the sayings of Muhammed does that mean everyone has to follow what he says? I did ask this question on the "Why" thread but never got an answer lol

Yes, every muslim has to follow the commandemnts of prophet Muhammad S.A.W. And it's not just Prophet Muhammad S.A.W... We have to follow all the commandements from all the prophets of Allah.
Prophets are the messangers of Allah, so whatever command they give comes from Allah swt.
Peace be unto you.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
God says in Quran: obey God and His messenger.

so we have to follow Quran and hadith.

eg. silk and gold is not forbidden for men in Quran but in Hadith. men cannot wear it otherwise it will be a sin on us.

vegangoth

Banned
God says in Quran: obey God and His messenger.

so we have to follow Quran and hadith.

eg. silk and gold is not forbidden for men in Quran but in Hadith. men cannot wear it otherwise it will be a sin on us.

That's confusing me lol why does the quran say it's ok to wear gold and silk but the hadith says it's not? Did Allah change his mind? Come to think of it I have never seen men wearing Gold or silk.

vegangoth

Banned
So if the hadith say's that Muslims men have to wear a beard ( as we have estblished on another thread) why don't many men do that?

IslamicGirl24

So if the hadith say's that Muslims men have to wear a beard ( as we have estblished on another thread) why don't many men do that?

*Shrug*.
Just like many women don't wear hijaab. Just like many muslims do not offer namaz, zakat, sawm, hajj..etc.
Wearing a beard is a great challenge. Some people accept that challenge and some don't. it's as simple as that.

vegangoth

Banned
*Shrug*.
Just like many women don't wear hijaab. Just like many muslims do not offer namaz, zakat, sawm, hajj..etc.
Wearing a beard is a great challenge. Some people accept that challenge and some don't. it's as simple as that.

Oh yes I agree very much with that. But so much fuss is made of a woman who does not wear a hijab but very little is said about the men not wearing a beard. It's unfair.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

Hadiths are also part of revealation from God to Muhammad just like Quran.

And Prophet Muhammad never said anything from his desires in the matters of Religion.

Yes we follow whatever he says in the matter of Religion, because he has been chosen by God to explain the revealation.

zainali

That's confusing me lol why does the quran say it's ok to wear gold and silk but the hadith says it's not? Did Allah change his mind? Come to think of it I have never seen men wearing Gold or silk.

before saying any thing we should find the cotext of what has been said , u know alcohol is harm in islam , but it dint came at once , first allah said one should not drink and prayer and then verses were revealed that drinking alcohol is haram , prophet means a messenger from allah , allah gave alot of commandsin quran and rest he gave it through prophet mohammad peace be up on him ,

allahs says that dont make fun of any religion , cos in ignorance they might make fun of islam , which would be bad for them , so plz dont make any fun , i really request u

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Oh yes I agree very much with that. But so much fuss is made of a woman who does not wear a hijab but very little is said about the men not wearing a beard. It's unfair.

Actually much more fuss is made of Men wearing beard and Women wearing Hijab both in personal and professional life.
Infact by both ignorant Muslims as well as Non-Muslims.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

Where did Quran say it is OK to wear Gold and Silk.

Hadith and Quran donot contradict each other.

revert2007

Love Fishing

First of all,YOU ARE SO INGNORANT and u haven't read the quran and ur arguing about islam

Second plz WATCH UR WORDS WHEN UR DEALING ABOUT ALLAH.HE DIDNT CHANGE HIS MIND.HE KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT YOU DON'T KNOW.HE KNOWS UR DEATH BUT U DON'T KNOW.

your just manupulating words and arguing things.of course u have the rights to ask and clearify ur curoisty.BUT WITHA POLITE WAY AND DON'T EVER MESS WITH ALLAH'S WORDS OR HIMSELF AND HIS RELIGION.WE ARE NOT HERE TO SEE OUR RELIGION OR OUR ALLAH BEING INSULTED.

if ur mainly here to seek help so that u can convert,u may enjoy ur stay.BUT UR JUST BEING HERE TO ARGUI ABOUT ALLAH'S TRUTH AND DEFEND URSELF,i don't think ur stay is bringing any good for us.

I AM NOT GONNA TOLERATE ANY BAD WORDS ABOUT ALLAH,NOT EVEN A SINGLE WORDS.HE IS THE PERFECTION.

IF U SEEK THE TRUTH WITH UR CLEAN HEART,INSYALLAH U MAY FIND THE TRUTH.MAY ALLAH GUIDE U.

UR JUST SIMPLY QUESTIONING ABOUT HIJAB,BEARD,AND UR JUST WANNA PROVE THAT ISLAM IS DESCRIMATING WOMEN.WELL WE MUSLIM WOMEN ARE PROUD TO BE MUSLIM AND WE ARE VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH OUR RELIGION.

why dont u start questioning "WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME IF I DIE AS NON MUSLIM.WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME?"

vegangoth

Banned
allahs says that dont make fun of any religion , cos in ignorance they might make fun of islam , which would be bad for them , so plz dont make any fun , i really request u[/QUOTE]

I'm not making fun. I'm mearly trying to understand. If you though I was making fun then show me the evidence so I can apologise.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

Quran do NOT say its ok to wear silk or gold for men. but only Quran is silent over this issue but this issue has been explained in hadith.

hope u got the point.

IslamicGirl24

I think you misunderstood, sister.
It doesn't say anywhere in the qur'an that wearing gold and silk is permissible. This topic is not even mentioned there. What the brother was trying to say is that there are some rulings which are not mentioned in the Qur'an but they are mentined in the hadith. That is why it is obligatory for muslims to follow both the Qur'an and Sunnah.

vegangoth

Banned
First of all,YOU ARE SO INGNORANT and u haven't read the quran and ur arguing about islam

Don't call me ignorant! I don't appricate being called names. How do you know I haven't read the koran? I'm not arguaing about islam I just didn't understand how the koran says it's ok to wear gold etc but then the next in the hadith it's wrong. I'm sure I'm not the only one to ponder that.

Second plz WATCH UR WORDS WHEN UR DEALING ABOUT ALLAH.HE DIDNT CHANGE HIS MIND.HE KNOWS EVERYTHING THAT YOU DON'T KNOW.HE KNOWS UR DEATH BUT U DON'T KNOW.

Ok I apologise. He didn't change his mind, it was a poor choice of words on my behalf. But that still dosnt answer the conflicting evidence, that's all I want an answer to.But There are many instances in the koran where Allah HAS changed his mind, especilly about punishing wrong doers, " For he is oft-repenting, most merciful S2:37 being just one

your just manupulating words and arguing things.of course u have the rights to ask and clearify ur curoisty.BUT WITHA POLITE WAY AND DON'T EVER MESS WITH ALLAH'S WORDS OR HIMSELF AND HIS RELIGION.WE ARE NOT HERE TO SEE OUR RELIGION OR OUR ALLAH BEING INSULTED.

I'm not manipulating words!! The one's I am confused with were said by a muslim. How hard is it to get a proper explentation? If you don't know the answer then just say so, I won't think any less of you or your religon.

You need polite lesson's also, shouting at me with those silly capital letters, calling me ignorant, not needed mate.

if ur mainly here to seek help so that u can convert,u may enjoy ur stay.BUT UR JUST BEING HERE TO ARGUI ABOUT ALLAH'S TRUTH AND DEFEND URSELF,i don't think ur stay is bringing any good for us.

I think you are taking things way to personal and reading too much into things.

I AM NOT GONNA TOLERATE ANY BAD WORDS ABOUT ALLAH,NOT EVEN A SINGLE WORDS.HE IS THE PERFECTION.

What bad words have I said? I have already established that he has changed his mind on the odd occasion. He is intitled to change his mind about things, why else would the teachings of the koran differ slightly to the bible?

IF U SEEK THE TRUTH WITH UR CLEAN HEART,INSYALLAH U MAY FIND THE TRUTH.MAY ALLAH GUIDE U.

UR JUST SIMPLY QUESTIONING ABOUT HIJAB,BEARD,AND UR JUST WANNA PROVE THAT ISLAM IS DESCRIMATING WOMEN.WELL WE MUSLIM WOMEN ARE PROUD TO BE MUSLIM AND WE ARE VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH OUR RELIGION.

My question is purley do muslims have to follow the hadith, if yes then why is there so much talk about hijab and hardly any about beards. If both are meant to be worn they why arent they?

why dont u start questioning "WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME IF I DIE AS NON MUSLIM.WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ME?"

I have questioned that and I'm more than happy with my desicion. I'm happy that so many people are happy Mulsims and I'm happy that i'm not. so it's a win win.

vegangoth

Banned
Quran do NOT say its ok to wear silk or gold for men. but only Quran is silent over this issue but this issue has been explained in hadith.

hope u got the point.

You are right, I've went back and re-read the post I DID misundertand, well missread, forgive me I'm dyslexic and sometimes punctuation confusese me.

To all
So with that I unreservedly appologise for the last few post's they would not have been written had I understood better what I was reading. I now complety understand that the koran does not in not way mention anything about silk or gold but it is mentioned in the hadith.

I Apologise also to Revert2007, about the whole silk issue too.

But the orignial question does still stand.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Hello
There are many instances in the koran where Allah HAS changed his mind, especilly about punishing wrong doers,

Allah is The Most High ,The All Knowing ,The one Who has perfect Wisdom ...
Quran was reveiled during the period of 23 years ,gradually ,for the purpose that it can strenghten peoples hearts and that they can understand everything step by step..
Some commands were not reveiled rigth away ,like for example the command of alchohol is haram ...First it was reveiled that there is no good in drinking alcohol ,the second that believer cannot pray if he is intoxicated and then thirdly the command came prohibiting alcohol completely ..
So you see people were prepared gradually...

The answer to your question is in the Quran ,please read

{Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. …}[2: 106].

{And when We change a Verse [of the Qur'ân, i.e. cancel (abrogate) its order] in place of another, and Allâh knows the best of what He sends down, they (the disbelievers) say: "You (O Muhammad SAW) are but a Muftari! (forger, liar)." Nay, but most of them know not. Say (O Muhammad SAW) Ruh-ul-Qudus [Jibrael (Gabriel)] has brought it (the Qur'an) down from your Lord with truth, that it may make firm and strengthen (the Faith of) those who believe and as a guidance and glad tidings to those who have submitted (to Allâh as Muslims).} [16: 101-102].

I hope its clear for you now ...
We Muslims submit to Allah completely and to His commands ..
The previous nations were destroyed because they used to argue with their Prophets and asked too many questions ,when the message was clear to them ..
Try to focus on more important things(Onnes of God,death ,Prophets ...) rather then investigating the issue of silk,this is my sincere advice to you ...

Wish you all the best :)

vegangoth

Banned
Hi Vegangoth,

I don't understand your post where you say "allahs says that dont make fun of any religion , cos in ignorance they might make fun of islam , which would be bad for them , so plz dont make any fun , i really request u."

Allah, or at least the Quran, makes fun of and disparages other religions frequently. Here are just a few quotes from the Quran:

Allah turned the Sabbath-breaking Jews into apes. 2:65-66

Kill disbelievers wherever you find them. 2:191

Don't believe anyone who is not a Muslim. 3:73

Don't be friends with non-Muslims. They all hate you and want to ruin you. 3:118

"Those [Christians and Jews] are they whom Allah hath cursed." 4:52

Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

Allah has cursed the Jews and hardened their hearts. Nearly all of them are treacherous. 5:12-13

Exhort the believers to fight. They will win easily, because disbelievers are without intelligence. 8:65

Stay away from non-Muslims. They are all liars. 9:107

Hiya,

That wasn't me that said that, I was quoting Zainali who said that on page one of the thread.

Thanks for the koran quotes though. I would love everyone to give me their take on these rather ugly pasages. Are they taken out of context?

Status
Not open for further replies.