Hadith Hadith

Abu Juwairiya

"The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: 'Allah is kind and likes kindness in all things.' (Source: "Rihadh Us-Saleheen", Volume 1:633)

Abu Juwairiya

"The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,'The deen is ease. Whoever makes the deen too hard for himself will be overpowered, so direct yourselves to what is right, follow a middle course, accept the good news of the reward for right action, and seek help [to reach your goal by being constant in worshipping]in the morning, evening
and some of the night.” (AHadith)

Abu Juwairiya

“I advise you ten things| Do not kill women or children or an aged, infirm person. Do not cut down fruit-bearing trees. Do not destroy an inhabited place. Do not slaughter sheep or camels except for food. Do not burn bees and do not scatter them. Do not steal from the booty, and do not be cowardly.” (Prophet Muhammad SAW)

Abu Juwairiya

"The most perfect believer in faith is the one who whose character is finest and who is the kindest to his wife." (Prophet Muhammad SAW)

Abu Juwairiya

A RIGHT

"Narrated Abu Juhaifa, Salman told Abu Ad-Darda’, “Your Lord has a right on you, your soul has a right on you, and your family has a right on you; so you should give the rights of all those who has a right on you.' The Prophet (SAW) said, "Salman has spoken the truth.” [Source: "Sahih Al-Bukhari 3/189]

Abu Juwairiya

The following narrations are not strictly Ahadith in the strict sense, that is not from the Prophet (SAW), but Ahadith in a different sense, and that is reports from and about the Sahabah after the Prophet passed away. I have not altered or amended words from the article but have preserved them in full, only its presentation and bibliographical details are different, so to make the piece easier to read. Otherwise I have kept the article in its entirety as it is and the source of the article is at the bottom of the page.

BELIEVERS BENEFITS OF WINTER

"It is reported from Abu Hurayrah – Allah be pleased with him – that he said: Shall I not point you to comfortable proceeds? People responded, “And what is that o Abu Hurayrah?” He replied, “Fasting in winter.”
The Arabs used to refer to matters which were relatively easy to gain as being cool. In this narration, the relative ease of fasting in winter and its consequent reward is likened to acquiring war proceeds without the heat of violence.

'It is reported from ‘Umar – Allah be pleased with him – that he said: Winter is booty for the devout worshippers."

This is further explained in the following narration:

'It is reported from ‘Ubayd b. ‘Umayr – Allah have mercy on him – that he said: It used to be said when winter came: O people of the Qur`an, the night has become long so you can pray (more) and the day has become short for you to fast". [Abu Nu’aym, Hilyah Al-Awliya`]

As with other experiences in this world, the Salaf used to be reminded of the hereafter when experiencing cold weather:

'It is reported from the famous worshipper Rabi’ah – Allah have mercy on her – that she said: I have never heard the adhan except that I remember the caller who will announce the Day of Resurrection, and I never see the falling snow except that I imagine the flying pages of the records of peoples deeds (on that day), and I never see swarms of locusts except that I think about the Great Gathering on the Last Day". [Ibn Al-Jawzi, Sifah Al-Safwah, Vol. 2 P 433.]

Abu Juwairiya

"Aishah reported: I asked the Prophet SAW) "Have you ever experienced a day harder than the day of the battle of Uhud?"

He replied, "Indeed, I experienced them (dangers) at the hands of your people (i.e., the disbelievers from amongst the Quraish tribe). The hardest treatment I met from them was on the Day of 'Aqabah when I went to Ibn 'Abd Yalil bin 'Abd Kulal (who was one of the chiefs of Ta'if) with the purpose of inviting him... to Islam, but he made no response (to my call). So I departed with deep distress. I did not recover until I arrived at Qarn ath-Tha'alib. There, I raised my head and saw a cloud which had cast its shadow on me.

I saw in it Jibril (Gabriel) who called me and said: 'Indeed, Allah, the Exalted, heard what your people said to you and the response they made to you. And He has sent you the angel in charge of the mountains to order him to do to them what you wish.'

Then the angel of the mountains called me, greeted me and said: 'O Muhammad, Allah listened to what your people had said to you. I am the angel of the mountains, and my Rubb has sent me to you so that you may give me your orders. (I will carry out your orders). If you wish I will bring together the two mountains that stand opposite to each other at the extremities of Makkah to crush them in between."'

But the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "I rather hope that Allah will raise from among their descendants people as will worship Allah the One, and will not ascribe partners to Him (in worship)." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Abu Juwairiya

The Importance and Spiritual Significance of the Pious Wife

"'Abdullah b. Amr reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the Pious Woman." (Muslim, Vol 2, No 1157)

"....So the Prophet (SAW) said, "The best of it is a tongue that remembers Allah, a heart that is grateful, a Believing Wife who helps husband in his faith." (Tirmidhi, Vol 2, No 1027)

Abu Juwairiya

"Ibn Abbas related that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) used to commend Al-Hasan and Al-Husayn to Allah’s protection, saying: “I commend you to the protection of Allah’s perfect words from every devil, vermin, and every evil eye.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari No. 3371; Abu Dawud No. 4737; At-Tirmidhi No. 2060)

Abu Juwairiya

"Narrated Abu Musa: 'The Prophet (SAW) said: 'None is more patient than Allah against the harmful saying. He hears from the people they ascribe children to Him, yet He gives them health and (supplies them with) provision." (Sahih Bukhari)

Abu Juwairiya

"It is narrated from Abu Darda that the Prophet (SAW) said, 'The Dua of a person for his Muslim brother in his absence will be answered. At his head there is an angel, and every time he prays for him for something good, the angel who has been appointed to be with him, says, 'Ameen, may you have likewise." [Saheeh Muslim and Sunan Ibn Majah]

Abu Juwairiya

"The Prophet - صلى الله عليه وسلم - said: 'Victory comes with patience, relief comes with anguish and with hardship comes (much) ease." [Saheeh Al-Jami' 6805]

Abu Juwairiya

B30OLLiCEAAYd35.jpg

Abu Juwairiya

"Narrated Ibn Abbas the Prophet (SAW) said, 'There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) health and free time for doing good." (Source: Sahih Al Bukhari, Book 81, Hadith 1)

Abu Juwairiya

"None of you can be a Mu'min (believer) until his desire is not subservient to that which I have brought." (Mishkat Al Masabih)

Last edited:

Abu Juwairiya

Seeking forgiveness from Allah

"The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, “Whoever says,
أَسْتَغْفِرُ اللهَ الَّذِي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ وَأَتُوبُ إِلَيْهِ
'I seek Allah’s forgiveness, besides Whom, none has the right to be worshipped except He, The Ever Living, The Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, and I turn to Him in repentance.' (Astaghfirullaa-hal-ladhee laa ilaha illaa huwal-ḥayyul-qayyoomu wa atoobu ilayh) Allah would forgive him even if he was one who fled during the advance of an army.'' (Source: "Abu Dawud No. 1517; At-Tirmidhi No. 3577)

Abu Juwairiya

"If you all depend on Allah with true reliance, He would certainly give you provision as He gives it to birds who go forth hungry in the morning and return with a full belly at dusk." (Source: Prophet Muhammad, At-Tirmidhi)