Hello :)

azbrie

:salam2:

Hello everyone :) I am Brie. I'm 23, a student in Arizona state, and a (very!) recent convert, الحمد لله!

Which is kind of my problem. I'm a Religious Studies major, my studies are what led me to Islam. I've been reading and thinking about it for well over a year now when 3 nights ago (I did say recent)...I was just completely flooded with a need to give my faith to Allah, I couldn't stop thinking about it, and I couldn't stand the thought of yet another day believing that Islam was right for me, yet not being a Muslim...so I made my shahadah right there, all by myself, in the middle of the night. I know it was the right thing to do, I've known it for a long time, but now I just feel so alone...because I don't really know enough about the practical parts of Islam to be able to practice it, and there's nobody I really know who can teach me. The internet just isn't doing it for me. I've been praying salah every day, all 5 times, but I feel awful because I *know* I'm not doing it right, it feels hollow and meaningless.

So I'm really happy to have found this place...I want to learn!

-Brie

abou haytam

allaho akbar

salam o alikom

you are welcom Brie, congratulation and lay Allah forgive your past and help you to improve your islam.

don t be shy to ask your questions. many people are willing to give you answers or references to find your answer. maybe there are peoplein your aera here. incha allah you will not feel alone.

salamo alikom ...in the end too .

virtualeye

Tamed Brother

Hello everyone :) I am Brie. I'm 23, a student in Arizona state, and a (very!) recent convert, الحمد لله!

Which is kind of my problem. I'm a Religious Studies major, my studies are what led me to Islam. I've been reading and thinking about it for well over a year now when 3 nights ago (I did say recent)...I was just completely flooded with a need to give my faith to Allah, I couldn't stop thinking about it, and I couldn't stand the thought of yet another day believing that Islam was right for me, yet not being a Muslim...so I made my shahadah right there, all by myself, in the middle of the night. I know it was the right thing to do, I've known it for a long time, but now I just feel so alone...because I don't really know enough about the practical parts of Islam to be able to practice it, and there's nobody I really know who can teach me. The internet just isn't doing it for me. I've been praying salah every day, all 5 times, but I feel awful because I *know* I'm not doing it right, it feels hollow and meaningless.

-Brie

AssalaamuAlaikum Dear Blessed Sister,

Allahu Akbar. Praise and Glory be to The One and Only Creator, i.e. Allah SWT.

A person who himself studied and opened his heart to the ultimate truth is much more precious for me. I cant explain the respect for such a brother/sister in my heart.

It is better that you visit a Masjid nearby you and say Shahadah in front of some Muslims/Imam so that it becomes a witness by some humans also. (I hope some brother/sister will help you find the masjid nearby)

I can assure that you will learn a lot lot of things about Islam in this website. You most most welcomed to ask any questions you like. I hope other brothers/sisters will try to help you understand and learn about the practice of Islam better. Here is the link about offering prayers:

http://www.turntoislam.com/index.php?page=pray

And just to remind that there are more than 6 million Muslims in America. Need not to worry InshaAllah.

WassalaamuAlaikum WRWB,
VE

duran

ASALAMA ALAIKUM WR WB

ALLAHU AKBAR, ALLAHU AKBAR (GOD IS THE GREATEST)

CONGRATULATIONS sister:)

MAY Allah show you the light of Islam and the Love Of Allah

Dont worry, you come the right place, you will deff have some great people here who can really help you with anything, including learning about Islam, friendly suggestion, advice, comments. Feel free to ask what ever you want specially about ur islamic problems:)

Take your time to explore this website, and learn everything that you can...

MAY ALLAH GIVE YOU THE LIGHT OF IMAN (FAITH)

WELCOME TO TURN TO ISLAM

Wa alaikum salaam:)

sajjuaiah

:ma:

I am very happy to hear from you, may allah help you to follow the correct path (Ameen).

Hope you may get more knowledge here.

Thanks

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamu' alaikum

MashaAllah.
SubhannAllah.
Alhamdulillah.
Allahu Akhbar.

Welcome dear Sister.
We'll be here to help, InshaAllah.
May Allah lead you and us to the straight path.

Wasalam. :hijabi:

Noor to shine

:salam2: sister
May Allah bless you ....Your post made me happy seeig the mercy of Allah swt guiding his poor servants to their success (inshaAllah) in this life and in the hereafter ....I pray to Allah that you find sisters who can help you to increase your Iman and pray in the proper way ....Don`t worry Allah swt will help you....
with love and regards

:salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah: :salah:

masihuddin

:salam2: If you indicate the city in wfich you live in the state of Arizona some muslim brother in your neughbourhood can conduct you to a nearby masjid for a practical demonstration of Salat The Prophet S.A.S indicated that the supreme good deed for a muslim is the performance of salat It will protect you from evil insha-Allah

Globalpeace

Banned
Local Help in Phoenix!

Asslamo Allaikum Brother,

Welcome to the family of 1.5 billion; and its been a pleasure; unfortunately I have to run now so can't chat to you in detail,...but here are some local resources in Phoenix that may help you?

Mosque
Last Updated: 2004-08-22
Address: Mosque
4444 S 3rd St, Phoenix,,
Phoenix, AZ 85040, USA

Phone: 602-305-7359
General Information: Mosque

American Islamic Forum
Last Updated: 2004-06-27
Address: American Islamic Forum
1301 E McDowell Rd,
Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA

Phone: 602- 254-1840
General Information: Islamic center

Islamic Center
Last Updated: 2004-05-01
Address: Islamic Center
5743 N. 35th Ave,
Phoenix, AZ 85017, USA

Phone: 602-433-1377
General Information: Mosque

Islamic Center of North Phoenix
Last Updated: 2005-02-13
Address: Islamic Center of North Phoenix
9032 N. 9th Street,
Phoenix, AZ 85020, USA

Phone: 602-371-3440
General Information: Serves mainly Muslim community.

CAIR-AZ
Last Updated: 2006-11-15
Address: CAIR-AZ
202 East McDowell Road, Suite 170,
Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA

Phone: 602-262-CAIR (2247)
Fax: 602-262-2249
Email: [email protected]
URL: www.cairaz.org
Directions: Contact: Bushra Khan. Located in the BUDGET Hotel and Suites at the corner of 2nd Street and McDowell Road.
General Information: CAIR is dedicated to presenting an Islamic perspective on issues of importance to the American public. In offering that perspective, we seek to empower the Muslim community in America through political and social activism. We believe that the many misrepresentations of Islam prevalent today are most often the result of ignorance on the part of non-Muslims and reluctance on the part of Muslims to articulate their .

Multicultural Yellow Pages
Last Updated: 2004-09-15
Address: Multicultural Yellow Pages
202 E. McDowell, suite 165,
Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA

Phone: (602) 258-7404
Fax: (602) 258-7494
General Information: The Multicultural Yellow Pages is a community directory that serves the Muslim community in Arizona. It's been published annually since 1994.
General Activities: If you would like advertise in Arizona directory or to recieve your oun copy please contact us.

War on Bad Conduct Organization
Last Updated: 1999-07-01
Address: War on Bad Conduct Organization
Post Office Box 91473,
Phoenix, AZ 85066, USA

Phone: 602-268-1951
Directions: Meetings currently being held at the Phoenix Public Library located at 1221 North Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85004
General Information: Non-profit organization, formed for the purpose of fighting and struggling strenuously against bad conduct in the communities and our society.
Activities 1: 1p.m.-2:30p.m.: Sunday,Organization meeting,Forming sub-committees
General Activities: Future activities: Community Awareness Day, School Awareness Lectures

The Cultural Cup Food Bank
Last Updated: 2006-10-10
Address: The Cultural Cup Food Bank
537 E. Osborn Rd,
Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA

Phone: 602-266-8370
Fax: 602 274-0755
Directions: near downtown Phoenix south west side of Osborn off the I-10
General Information: Food Bank and social services, we give emergency food boxes to the needy as well as baby items and diapers. also information and referrals.
General Activities: We supply food to all people who are in need from 8 to 4 and friday 8 to 12 ..also clothing and some furniture.

Baghdad
Last Updated: 2006-05-11
Address: Baghdad
3650 West Camelback Road,
Phoenix, AZ 85019, USA

Phone: 602-433-5206
General Information: Halal Restaurant

Baiz Market & Restaurant
Last Updated: 2006-05-11
Address: Baiz Market & Restaurant
523 North 20th street,
Phoenix, AZ 85006, USA

Phone: 602-252-8996
General Information: Halal Restaurant

-Brie

umm hussain

What wonderful news, welcome to Islam, since Allah has already guided you to Islam on your own. I'm sure HE will help you find the right people to help you learn how to pray and other issues you might be confused about.

Do not hesitate to ask any question no matter how 'dumb' you might think it sounds we are all here to help inshallah

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Masha-Allah so wonderful to hear Allah has guided you towards the true path.....:subhanallah:

You are not alone sis.....remember you always have Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala with you :) He is your guide....

We are also here for you, we brothers and sisters are here to help and support each other. Welcome sister to this on-growing family....you will gain alot of support from all of us...

If you have any questions regarding islam, prayer or even the basics of islam dont hesitate to ask :hijabi:

You can drop me a private message anytime ;)

your sister Umm Aysha

wasalam

azbrie

!شكراً

I am truly blessed in finding such a wonderful, supportive community!

I now have quite a list of reading to do :) but simply seeing your replies and knowing that I'm not alone has hugely impacted how I feel, in so short a time, and Allah has taken away the fear that was distracting me from the reason I chose Islam in the first place.

:allahuakbar:

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Assalamu alaikum Sister,

Congratulations!!! You don`t know how happy we are about this great news. May Allah make you and us steadfast on this road to Paradise.

Welcome to TTI!!! Welcome to your new family on-line!!!

:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

Umm_Ibrahim

La Ilaha Ilalah
That's so great

hey u r not alone ok ? i'm new in it too i Thank God have people who teach me but i know how u feel search for a mosque they will give u all support there i did that 2 i have much to learn and anything i can help i'm here ok ? be happy and smile u r never lone Allah Hafiz :tti_sister: see the posts here the videos and everything adn ask for help for anyone even me i'm sure eveyrbody will be happy and have pleasure to help u brother Allah HAFIZ AGAIN :D

Salaamalikum okh (sister)

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy your stay with Muslims worldwide connected on here.

Don't worry too much because Allah knows whats inside your heart and what your intentions are.

You are not alone, we can help you with any questions, problems, suggestions that you have. I suggest finding a local masjid for learning as well as meeting sisters there. Try this site to help you find the closest masjid near you:

www.islamicfinder.org

loveislam1

Asalam Alikoum wa rahmatallah sister!
Mashallah
Allahu Akbar
Allhamdullilah on your recent shahada! And welcome to TTI!