HIV in muslim Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

safiya58

When I said "Unfortunately you're going to run into a lot of that" earlier on I meant on this forum. Even our Prophet - peace and blessing be upon him - didn't judge people as harshly as some of our brothers and sisters on TTI do.

I'm sorry if that offends folks but its the reason I rarely come to this site any more.

:salam2:
I agree with you. Also I don´t like this site like used to because of that.
:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We do need to be polite. Let us refrain from being harsh. The brother brought up a subject that is real. We have to deal with the diseases. And shutting our eyes to the reality does not benefit us.

The question thus becomes how do we help him. We help him with our dua. We accept him as a Believer. We know there are soultions to his concern about seeking a wife. He can marry a woman who is Christian or Jew or Muslim even. He needs to be honest with her. He may even find a woman that has the same syndrome. There are numerous matrimonial website.

We also need to understand that this Brother is being honest with us. Would you rather that a hypocrite married you. A person who is not honest with anything or anyone.

So let us be and Insha'Allah, Allah subhana talla will guide all of us.

:salam2: sister safiaa58 i dont know what is in a persons mind only Allah knows. I dont know if his tawba is true or not. But remember when our rasool said he does not know where he is going. And he used to do Astaghfar the whole day. So thats why i said he should be thinking more about his akhirah. I am not trying to be rude but i am just telling the truth. And sister when u said i have not tasted true repentence you are sort of putting the other person down. How do you know what is even in my mind. When i was talking to the brother i was not sugar coating my speech. Anyway i am not trying to fight here. I was just telling him that he needs to think of other things now. I hope Allah has forgiven him inshaallah. But think sister he wants kids. I know everyone wants kids and there is nothing wrong in wanting children but as a Aids patient it is not that easy a thing. I dont know what future holds. Maybe they might find a cure for AIDs but as of now it is a dream.On this website people are not shocked that we have a brother among us who has AIDS but more cause he wants to marry and have kids. The chances of the child being born with AIDS is 3%. And how does he know that his child will be safe. And if the child does not have AIDS. What about his future.To have a child you need man semen and semen carries the disease so the wife has a chance of getting the disease.If the brother wants a wife i feel he should find a sister who is going through similar stuff.A moment can be good enough for tawba and sometimes a lifetime. We all are sinners and we all sin daily and we repent. Anyway this is the last time i am answering on this thread what the brother does is his choice may Allah guide him in the right path always.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalaam walaikum,

My brothers and sisters..we have a Believer amongst us. He wishes to become a member of the Ummath. He has been honest with us. He makes dua to the All Compassionate One..and whatever is granted is an immediate Blessing. And as the Brother suggested please let us more forward in an humble manner.

Every one of our five fingers are different, with different abilities, just as we are as a community of people. There are people who sometimes think they have reached the 'top' (what is the top anyway?) of the ladder, and it gets to them so bad, they forget how big a fall they can have. I have come across many such people, my most recent experience with a family friend who wouldnt accept that a certain Ayah was from a particular Surah, although the Quran was open in front of her. She stood on her horse and said the text made a mistake - a result of her 'confidence', or shall I give it another name? Its okay to make mistakes, we all do, and always will. Just our nature - were humans. As they say, if you haven't made a mistake in life, you haven't made anything. From our mistakes and experiences, life shows us a lesson in every move. Many will change their ways, many will not, but those who are brave enough to change their ways are usually the most successful.

Arthur Ashe, a black American tennis player, died in 1993. Success was written all over his face, his family was his happiness, his career his passion, and his reputation - the biggest possession he ever owned. Within the last decade of his life, he contracted HIV from a blood transfusion during heart surgery. He announced this a year before his death, and it shocked the world to know a man like him could be the victim of such a disease. Many were quick to judge, to ridicule, to mock and throw harsh words like a sharp sword at the man who claimed over and over that his reputation was his life, and any stain on it meant failure in every field. Get my drift?

As for judging and giving advice... some replies were a shocker. If our Brother has trusted us to one of his deepest worries, do we simply shun him with bitter words and harsh comments, or honour that trust above everything and give him the utmost support we can, be it a nice word or two? There are many who speak like theyre on cloud nine, but one day, when it comes to us, when were suffering and we have to, wth difficulty, extend a hand for help, that day we will know true pain - where on one side we have a challenging burden, and the other, loneliness and no help from people we once considered our Brothers and Sisters. Undoubtedly, Allah will always be there for us, in the silence, in the darkness when our pillows are sometimes the only means of drying our tears and knowing Allah is above us gives us that light we need, BUT we live among people, we need a shoulder, warm company and words of wisdom from those who know better. We need each other. We easily tell others to repent, but before that, we should look down into our own shirts too, we shouldnt let hypocricy get the better of us. Lose the pride, be humble and soft, treat others the way you want to be treated because what goes around, comes around.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
MashaAllaah sister Mesbah. Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us.

Arthur Ashe, a black American tennis player, died in 1993. Success was written all over his face, his family was his happiness, his career his passion, and his reputation - the biggest possession he ever owned. Within the last decade of his life, he contracted HIV from a blood transfusion during heart surgery. He announced this a year before his death, and it shocked the world to know a man like him could be the victim of such a disease. Many were quick to judge, to ridicule, to mock and throw harsh words like a sharp sword at the man who claimed over and over that his reputation was his life, and any stain on it meant failure in every field. Get my drift?

Yes, I hope I understood you correctly. Its like a red dot on a piece of a white paper. The thing that grabs your attention is the red dot instead of the white, clean paper. The thing that grabs your most attention is someone else's fault and wrongdoings instead of the many goodness he has done to you.

"Forget the goodness that we have done to anyone but remember our wrongdoings to them. Forget others' wrongdoing to us but remember their goodness to us."

Wassalam.

Almaas

Asalaamualaykum.

It's not for us to judge anything at all, if Allah SWT can forgive anything, then why can't we....

dunno

even if he found someone that will accept getting married to him
despite his disease

asking a scholar if it's halal or haram is necessary
we are asked not to destroy ourselves in the quran by drinking smoking etc
and certainly marrying someone who has HIV is like killing yourself

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Akhi this is specially for you please read carefully the words highlighted in red. Please think twice before answering such statements, it might hurt the other person. It has been posted earlier but I'd like to post it again and make you read.

Is it permissible to marry one’s daughter to an AIDS patient?

Praise be to Allaah.

He should not marry his daughter to him unless he has explained his situation and said, “I have such and such a disease.” Then if they agree to that, then that is fine, otherwise the marriage should not proceed, because if he conceals the matter from them he may have cheated them and deceived them, and the woman may pass the disease to her husband, or the husband may pass it to his wife, and to their children after that. But if she accepts you and agrees, and accepts the will and decree of Allaah, then that is OK

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamualaikum,

Hope everyone is keeping well. I find it strange that, no muslim/islamic leader talk about HIV/AIDS. There is so much of stigma and discrimination attached with HIV/AIDS. I have been HIV positive when I was 22, I have not been able to meet any scholar that would stand up and take up on discussing HIV/AIDS.
There are over 35 million people living with HIV. It makes a persons life really miserable without the support of community. Although my siblings know about my status they are scared and would not let me be an advocate and speak about it in public. I have tried to find a partner but as soon as they know that I am HIV positive I am rejected. People with HIV are humans and need to be treated with respect and dignity.
I would liek to hear peoples thoughts on this. I hope this will not be looked over and left without any discussion.

:salam2:
Akhi I'd like to relate you a story which I heard in a lecture of Shiekh who delivers lectures at Masjid Al Haramian.

A man from Pakistan was diagnosed with cancer the doctors had given him a final word saying he just has a few days left. The man wrote a letter to this Shiekh saying if you reply me back I could get a chance to do a Umrah before I die as its my last will. So the Shiekh wondered and replied him back, a few days later when the Shiekh was delivering a lecture a man came on wheelchair and said to him I am the one who you replied. The man could hardly speak a word as his condition had aggravated the Shiekh told him to just pray to ALLAH.

After about 20 days or so a man came walking to the Shiekh, he could not recognize him. He said I am the same man who came few days ago on a wheelchair, by your advise I prayed to ALLAH. And after I went back to Pakistan the doctors where astonished to see my report as I had no cancer at all. SubhanALLAH

Akhi so all I say is just pray pray pray to ALLAH he is the one who can change your destiny. Who knows InshALLAH one day you would be blessed by ALLAH's miracle.

You know your condition very well only ALLAH can help you and all of us. So just have patience and devout yourself in making Dua's. InshALLAH good news awaits you!!

Sakeena

Ma Salaams,

Awww, so brother Ted can't get married at all?? :girl3: What about a sister with his condition?? Awww.. :( That's so sad... :SMILY23: I wish some of you were more nice to him and I hope you guys will shut up and stop acting like fools treating him badly. :angryred: I hate it here!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Ma Salaams,

Awww, so brother Ted can't get married at all?? :girl3: What about a sister with his condition?? Awww.. :( That's so sad... :SMILY23: I wish some of you were more nice to him and I hope you guys will shut up and stop acting like fools treating him badly. :angryred: I hate it here!

Ofcourse he can get married who said you he can't the condition is he should reveal his disease and if the woman agrees then no problem as stated by the fatwa of Islamqa.

Sakeena

Ofcourse he can get married who said you he can't the condition is he should reveal his disease and if the woman agrees then no problem as stated by the fatwa of Islamqa.

So there's nothing to worry about? All this argueing for nothing? :angryred: Are there any snacks here?? Now I'm acting silly :hearts: :girl3:

Abu Talib

Feeling low
So there's nothing to worry about? All this argueing for nothing? :angryred: Are there any snacks here?? Now I'm acting silly :hearts: :girl3:

Yes InshALLAH nothing to worry. Its all upto ALLAH to decide what is good and bad for us so we should accept it. And only dua's can change your destiny.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am upset. It is un-Islamic to become angry. It is rude to call names. Sanity and reason are the fruits of faith. There is little exhibited here. Life teaches us that some can handle difficult situations and others can not. Some have to have experiences that others do not. Sometimes we call that knowledge.

Judgment belongs to Allah. However we are taught to exercise clemency. So stop this nonsense and bickering right now.

The brother will make his own decision. We pray he remains with us. It is between he and Allah.

Status
Not open for further replies.