• I want to help the poor and the needy

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • I want to build a masjid with my savings

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

weakslave

:bismillah:

:salam2:

It's amazing that we work so hard and we study so hard and persevere so much ... that at the end we come to realize: uh-oh. My goals have all been tainted with the love of this world.

And sometimes, reminder is a good thing. So be honest please, look deeply in your heart for that intention and answer sincerely. It's easy to choose multiple options, but there has to be one that stands out from the rest. This is the one we have to find.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I want to do all of these things sans the beatiful wife think, im just looking for a religious women that has a good personality. Beatuy is just a plus :)

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.My reason for savings is not on your list.
I am saving for Hajj.I am saving for my son's hajj as well and he is only 1 year and 5 months old.In sha Allah by the time he turns 20,he will have enough money for his hajj.

I guess other parents shoudl do the same in sha Allah.

Assalamualikum

arzafar

well i have to do a few things.
-father retired so i have to run the house
-marry the sisters
maybe then ill look decide what to do. it's been 4 months since i graduated so hopefully i will get a full-time job soon. :SMILY259:

weakslave

I want to do all of these things sans the beatiful wife think, im just looking for a religious women that has a good personality. Beatuy is just a plus :)

No cheating, pick one :)

Assalamualikum.My reason for savings is not on your list.
I am saving for Hajj.I am saving for my son's hajj as well and he is only 1 year and 5 months old.In sha Allah by the time he turns 20,he will have enough money for his hajj.

I guess other parents shoudl do the same in sha Allah.

Assalamualikum

:wasalam:

It's a good idea, but if I was your son I wouldn't accept. There is a reason hajj is only obligatory on the person when they can afford it. And when they have paid for it from their own money it is a totally different experience.

well i have to do a few things.
-father retired so i have to run the house
-marry the sisters
maybe then ill look decide what to do. it's been 4 months since i graduated so hopefully i will get a full-time job soon. :SMILY259:

May Allaah assist you inshaAllaah.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I want to buy that nice car and have a beautiful house

This first choice is basically a worldly desire to me, so it surely isnt my choice. Even though it is not wrong for one's to wish such things.

I want to give my kids the best life/education I can
I want to help the poor and the needy
I want to build a masjid with my savings

For me, the three choices above are good, MashaAllaah, but I guess I have some hard time to make the right decision :)

I'll just say, InshaAllaah the reason I'm working hard in this world so that I can; with the strengths from Allaah to help Islam and our Ummah no matter in what forms.

P.S: Maybe you can varies your poll options a little wider. Or put Others: and then ask them to state their reasons. Just a suggestion.

Wassalam.

DanyalSAC

For me unfortunately its "I work hard and save up just to keep my head above water". I came into Islam with a mortgage & a car and some other debt in there too. I can't just walk away from it.

revert2007

Love Fishing
No cheating, pick one :)

:wasalam:

It's a good idea, but if I was your son I wouldn't accept. There is a reason hajj is only obligatory on the person when they can afford it. And when they have paid for it from their own money it is a totally different experience.

May Allaah assist you inshaAllaah.

well the money he gets during Eid or as a gift from the family is his money and am just helping him to save it instead of like other parents who take their kids haqq in the name that he is still just a child.i don't add any money or i do not add any money monthly.i only add the money which is his (when he received those money as a gift from the family) :)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I work and save just to get all the bills paid, insha Allah :(

But when I get ahead, I will begin to save for 2 puposes:

1) Hajj
2) To fly my husband's mother, her partner, my husbands biological father and his sister to see us in America next year, insha Allah :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum.

I can not keep a closed fist..thus I have no money. I am surving on unemployment compensation and food stamps at the moment. Insha'Allah, In the next two months I will get my school running and see the light at the skin of the water.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam Alaikum

Amongst the options, I felt that,2nd option is for what I m trying.
I have a plan, inshaa'Allah I'll send my kid to islamic studies first and do whatever they need for that.
Then Inshaa'Allah have plan for the poor and then masjid.
And after truely entering to Islam, I've left every fancy desires or buying valuable things,even I've quitted Pizza hut/KFC staffs...no chance of beautiful car/house,yes will have a house,which will be full of mercy of Allah,which will be nough for me n family, inshaa'Allah

May Allah bless n guide me

Jazakallahu Khair for the poll
barakallahu feeke
wassalam

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Salam

If there were 2 options then i would choose to help the poor . And to give best education to my kids . . But when there was only 1 option , i chose to help the needy . . .

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
In reality I don't work and by consequence I don't gain money,at the moment.My husband likes me to work in Morocco,among muslim women,and it is what I wish,not to gain money for myself,but instead to go to Hajj!!I'm young and in Sh Allah I wish to gain Halal money to make it..I sweared it to myself,one day I'll go in Sh Allah to Mecca,make Hajj and maybe I'll die there.I believe that my occasion will arrive and I'll go there even by feet if it will be necessary,cause if not,why did I knew Islam through my husband,why was I born in 1984 and not 100 years before where it wasn't possible to get married to a stranger?so now that I know it,my last wish before to die is to gain some money to make Hajj:ma:

weakslave

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

This first choice is basically a worldly desire to me, so it surely isnt my choice. Even though it is not wrong for one's to wish such things.

For me, the three choices above are good, MashaAllaah, but I guess I have some hard time to make the right decision :)

I'll just say, InshaAllaah the reason I'm working hard in this world so that I can; with the strengths from Allaah to help Islam and our Ummah no matter in what forms.

P.S: Maybe you can varies your poll options a little wider. Or put Others: and then ask them to state their reasons. Just a suggestion.

Wassalam.

That's a good choice. Too late to add, but I wish I had thought of it. To help the Muslim Ummah. Clearing up one's intention is a difficult thing, I struggle everyday to correct my intentions.

Of course there are others who just wish to survive because that is all that Allaah willed for them. Whatever it is Allaah willed for a believing slave, it is but for their own good.

Brother DanyalSAC I suggest you ask your local sheikh for the Dua when struck with a calamity or a difficulty.

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهَمِّ وَ الْحَزَنِ ، وَ الْعَجْزِ وَ الْكَسَلِ ، وَ الْبُخْلِ وَ الْجُبْنِ ، وَ ضَلَعِ الدِّيْنِ وَ غَلَبَةِ الرِّجَالِ

Allahumma inni a'udhubika minal hammi wal hazan, wal 'ajzi wal kasal, wal bukhli wal jubn, wa dhala'id-dayni wa ghalabatir rijaal

O Allah! I seek refuge in You from grief and sadness, from weakness and from laziness, from miserliness and from cowardice, from being overcome by debt and from being overpowered by men (other people)
[Sahih al-Bukhari 7:158]

Miss Aaliyah

Assalamo alaykom,

I'm not saving anything right now, because I'm living alone and studying and all money I get goes directly to pay the rents and to food and books for university.

But I know what I wish I could do, and that is to save money for hajj.

Ibn Uthaymin

First and second option is not really what i dream about.

I wanna help my local masjid get rid of the innovation with the help of Allah. But i dont want to be the imam.

As for relations to the world, I just want to make enough money so i can train southern style Chinese kung fu.