How the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) Would Complain?

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
:salam2:

It is related that when Abu Talib (ra) died, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) went out on foot to Ta’if to call its people to Islam. They rejected his call, and he walked away until he got to the shade of a tree. So, he prayed two rak’at and said:

اللهم إني أشكو إليك ضعف قوتي وهواني على الناس أنت أرحم الراحمين إلى من تكلني إلى عدو يتجهمني أم إلى قريب ملكته أمري إن لم تكن غضبان علي فلا أبالي غير أن عافيتك أوسع لي أعوذ بوجهك الذي أشرقت له الظلمات وصلح عليه أمر الدنيا والآخرة أن ينزل بي غضبك أو يحل بي سخطك لك العتبى حتى ترضى ولا قوة إلا بالله

“O Allah, I complain to You of my weakness and my insignificance in the eyes of the people. You are the most Merciful. No matter who You have put me at the mercy of – an enemy who will be stern with me, or a friend to look after my affairs – as long as You are not Angry with me, then I don’t care. However, the relief You bring would be more comfortable for me. I seek refuge with Your Face – for which the darkness has lit up, and the affairs of this world and the next are organized – from being afflicted with Your Wrath or deserving of Your Anger. You have the right to admonish as You please, and there is no might nor power except by Allah.

This was related by al-Haythami in ‘Majma’ az-Zawa’id’ (6/35), and he mentioned in it that at-Tabarani related it in ‘al-Mu’jam al-Kabir’ on the authority of ‘Abdullah bin Ja’far bin Abi Talib, and that its chain of narration contains Ibn Ishaq, who is a trustworthy mudallis, with the rest of the narrators in its chain being trustworthy.

‘Alawi as-Saqqaf said in his checking of ‘Fi Dhilal al-Qur’an’ that it is hasan, and Ibrahim al-’Ali included it in ‘Sahih as-Sirah an-Nabawiyyah’ (p. 136).

Look at how even in such moments of his life, all he cared about (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was whether or not Allah was Pleased with him.

http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2009/05/18/how-the-prophet-would-complain/

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Subhanallah

Allah humma sallahi ala Muhammad wa ala ali ali Muhammad

Jaza kallahu khair sis this is soo beautiful.:hijabi:

TeenagerMuslim

It is related that when Abu Talib (ra) died, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و سلم) went out on foot to Ta’if to call its people to Islam. They rejected his call, and he walked away until he got to the shade of a tree. So, he prayed two rak’at and said:

اللهم إني أشكو إليك ضعف قوتي وهواني على الناس أنت أرحم الراحمين إلى من تكلني إلى عدو يتجهمني أم إلى قريب ملكته أمري إن لم تكن غضبان علي فلا أبالي غير أن عافيتك أوسع لي أعوذ بوجهك الذي أشرقت له الظلمات وصلح عليه أمر الدنيا والآخرة أن ينزل بي غضبك أو يحل بي سخطك لك العتبى حتى ترضى ولا قوة إلا بالله

“O Allah, I complain to You of my weakness and my insignificance in the eyes of the people. You are the most Merciful. No matter who You have put me at the mercy of – an enemy who will be stern with me, or a friend to look after my affairs – as long as You are not Angry with me, then I don’t care. However, the relief You bring would be more comfortable for me. I seek refuge with Your Face – for which the darkness has lit up, and the affairs of this world and the next are organized – from being afflicted with Your Wrath or deserving of Your Anger. You have the right to admonish as You please, and there is no might nor power except by Allah.

This was related by al-Haythami in ‘Majma’ az-Zawa’id’ (6/35), and he mentioned in it that at-Tabarani related it in ‘al-Mu’jam al-Kabir’ on the authority of ‘Abdullah bin Ja’far bin Abi Talib, and that its chain of narration contains Ibn Ishaq, who is a trustworthy mudallis, with the rest of the narrators in its chain being trustworthy.

‘Alawi as-Saqqaf said in his checking of ‘Fi Dhilal al-Qur’an’ that it is hasan, and Ibrahim al-’Ali included it in ‘Sahih as-Sirah an-Nabawiyyah’ (p. 136).

Look at how even in such moments of his life, all he cared about (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was whether or not Allah was Pleased with him.

http://iskandrani.wordpress.com/2009/05/18/how-the-prophet-would-complain/

Asslam'u Alikum,

He was soooo much worried about pleasing Allah, even though he was assured a high rank in Jannah. Where do I stand, may Allah have Mercy on me, and all Muslims.

May Peace and Blessings of Allah Azwaf'l be upon him.

Salaam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Asslam'u Alikum,

He was soooo much worried about pleasing Allah, even though he was assured a high rank in Jannah. Where do I stand, may Allah have Mercy on me, and all Muslims.

Salaam

I feel the same way here, ameen to your dua akhi fiAllah:)
JazakaAllah khairan sister for sharing this with us.
Allah hafiz now and always:)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
oops..got a thread mix up..my apologies!

jazaki allah al-firdaws for this though sister..I liked it so much..it got stuck in my head and mixed it up with another thread..sobhanallah

wa alaikom assalam wr wb

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah

Subhanallah

Allah humma sallahi ala Muhammad wa ala ali ali Muhammad

Jaza kallahu khair sis this is soo beautiful.:hijabi:

Wa anti min ahli ljaza' sis
Allahumma salli ala sayyidina Muhammadin wa ala aalihi wa ashabihi ajma'in
JazaakiLlahu khayran ukhti for reminding me to say this
:hearts:

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
Asslam'u Alikum,

Salaam

Yes subhanaAllah!!
Ameen to yours du'as.
Akhi i don't know if that was a typing mistake, but what does Azwaf'l mean?
Is it Azza wa Jal?

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
Akhawati Allah's servant and a_muslimah86 :)
Wa antuma min ahli ljaza'!
May Allah bless you and all the muslimeen

yellowFlower

TRUST in Allah [SWT]
walaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

:SMILY259:

masha'Allah, this is deeeep. almost brought me to tears. :O jazakallah khair for sharing, dear sister. may Allah SWT bless you.

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
walaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

:SMILY259:

masha'Allah, this is deeeep. almost brought me to tears. :O jazakallah khair for sharing, dear sister. may Allah SWT bless you.

:hearts: Wa anti min ahli ljaza' ukhti!
Indeed it's deep and beautiful. MashaAllah.
Ameen to your du'a, may Allah bless you too and protect you and all the muslimeen.

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
Wa alaykumu salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Wa fika baarakaAllah akhi teenager_muslim

Ukhti fada_all, ameen jazaakillahu khayran for your beautiful du'a. Wa iyyaki.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khair for the beneficial thread sister.

When Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) went to Taif, the people injured the prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) by stones.But he never threw even a single one over them.When Jibreal ('alaihissalam) came and asked for permission to destroy them all, he did not give the permission and prayed ALLAH (swt) to give them hidhaayah. As a result, they became Muslims later. What a beautiful example is in our Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam)?

Subuhaanallah! Subuhaanallah! Subuhaanallah!

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

muslimah_mtl

AlhamduliLlah
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

JazakiAllahu khair for the beneficial thread sister.

When Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) went to Taif, the people injured the prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) by stones.But he never threw even a single one over them.When Jibreal ('alaihissalam) came and asked for permission to destroy them all, he did not give the permission and prayed ALLAH (swt) to give them hidhaayah. As a result, they became Muslims later. What a beautiful example is in our Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam)?

Subuhaanallah! Subuhaanallah! Subuhaanallah!

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Assalaamu alaykum brother

Ameen
Wa anta min ahli ljaza'.
SubhanaAllah thats such a beautiful story. The exemple of RasooluLlahi sallaLlahu alayhi wa sallama is indeed beautiful.
JazaakaLlahu khayran for sharing.

Wa salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah