How to answer difficulty questions from atheists?

a_stranger

I agree, but why is it only mentioned for a man to beat his wife? Isn't it inequality?

I know an atheist will not be satisfied but men and women are not equal they were created different otherwise we will have one gender.......man and woman are different ....each are created for a certain role in life they should complete each other to make a stable family not to compete each other to distort the family. .....
now a very big mistake is being done in ignoring the differance between genders. Islam put things in order both man and woman are responsible in front of Allah subhanahu wa taala. Man should be the one in charge of the family.

Azmul

4. Why is Islam against family planning?

In Islam it is a blessing for a man and wife to have a loving relationship and to have children. Family planning is a recent invention invented to reduce the 'unwanted' pregnancies that happen between unwed young people, as a result of fornication and family planning in fact encourages it.

Its wrong idea that family planning is for those who are unmarried. It is meant to reduce children because it is a burden on economy. We are Alhamdullilah very well of. We haven't felt the pain of hunger. People who earn hardly enough to buy food for a single person, how can he afford to feed so many children? Is it justified?

Azmul

I know an atheist will not be satisfied but men and women are not equal they were created different otherwise we will have one gender.......man and woman are different ....each are created for a certain role in life they should complete each other to make a stable family not to compete each other to distort the family. .....
now a very big mistake is being done in ignoring the differance between genders. Islam put things in order both man and woman are responsible in front of Allah subhanahu wa taala. Man should be the one in charge of the family.

My question remains unanswered. Why isn't it mentioned for a women to beat her ignorant husband? Having different roles doesn't mean that they women should suffer inequality. When you allow one member to be superior and other inferior, thats the point where injustice arises. Can you give any logical reason for not keeping both of them equal?

a_stranger

I think we need someone who has more knoweldge in Hadith and seera to explain.........we can't speak without enough knoweldge .

Azmul

3. Why can a man beat his wife if she is ignorant but a wife can't if her husband is ignorant?

Only ignorant men beat their wives, no matter what the religion is.

I disagree, many people beat their wives just because its allowed in Islam. Moreover My question is that why is it only allowed for a man to beat his wife? why isn't there any equivalent hadith allowing women to beat their ignorant husbands too?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Many women were taken as right hand possessions; some were married to Muslim men.

These women whose husbands and sons were killed in war were not left destitute. They were taken in by Muslim men. It is therefore logical that they were treated better than then before. The men who were the enemies of Islam did not give women the right treatment that Islam provided.

Family planning...two thoughts...you really need to look at some fatawas...there is some room for family planning...and the second thought is have you done your research about who is behind family planning...look up Planned Parenthood...find out why it came into existence...not a pretty picture..

Women have different responsibilities than men. A woman has a multitude of responsibilities. She can not always focus on what she wants to....how can a woman focus on an intellectual discussion when her priority is to breast feed a child...thus it is not that she is not intelligent...she has to balance her tasks.

Women talk more and backbite...we are asked not to backbite and complain.

Islam is not biased towards women. Islam liberates women.

Azmul

I think we need someone who has more knoweldge in Hadith and seera to explain.........we can't speak without enough knoweldge .

I really need someone to explain all this. Thank you for your efforts but they are insufficient. I have failed to find logical explanations and I am searching for websites who can provide answers with reasons.
But thank you for your time.

a_stranger

My question remains unanswered. Why isn't it mentioned for a women to beat her ignorant husband? Having different roles doesn't mean that they women should suffer inequality. When you allow one member to be superior and other inferior, thats the point where injustice arises. Can you give any logical reason for not keeping both of them equal?

First Islam fights any kind of feeling superior in human kind .....islam kills arrogance, superiority , pride in human kind by teaching that we are all created beings not the creator ....we are all poor towards the one who created , Allah is the giver the great...........all are poor and in need of him ......why should a man feel superior while he is no more than a poor servant of Allah ......Quran teaches humility and kindness .....
This foolish pride man may feel is due to his ignorance. When truth of Islam shines within hearts ......no one will dare to humiliate others. I believe Islam present a whole perfect picture : how humans should act in this life. Something should settle in each heart .......la ellah Ella Allah ....everything else is poor dependent in need of Allah subhanahu wa taala. Islam first plant a conviction in hearts that cure their illness.

Azmul

Assalaam walaikum,

Many women were taken as right hand possessions; some were married to Muslim men.

These women whose husbands and sons were killed in war were not left destitute. They were taken in by Muslim men. It is therefore logical that they were treated better than then before. The men who were the enemies of Islam did not give women the right treatment that Islam provided.

Family planning...two thoughts...you really need to look at some fatawas...there is some room for family planning...and the second thought is have you done your research about who is behind family planning...look up Planned Parenthood...find out why it came into existence...not a pretty picture..

Women have different responsibilities than men. A woman has a multitude of responsibilities. She can not always focus on what she wants to....how can a woman focus on an intellectual discussion when her priority is to breast feed a child...thus it is not that she is not intelligent...she has to balance her tasks.

Women talk more and backbite...we are asked not to backbite and complain.

Islam is not biased towards women. Islam liberates women.

It would be erroneous if we exlude the psychology of a girl getting raped by someone who has killed her husband. She'd prefer dying than to let that person touch her. Moreover, its not that a husband dies only then you can have slaves, even if her husband is alive, still soldiers are allowed to have sexual intercourse without their consent. This is practically a rape. We cannot justify a act by saying that she woud have been treated badly in her society. Or that she had noone to take care of. It it is the case then don't you think it would have been better to let those women choose their fate? If she doesn't want to live with a man who killed her family then why not to free her?
And Muslim men doesn't mean a good men. History tells that muslims were very ruthless at times. Even in the time of Hazrat Abu bakar, many muslims went against him. So we cannot say that if a slave girl is with a muslim then she'll be treated nicely.

Azmul

First Islam fights any kind of feeling superior in human kind .....islam kills arrogance, superiority , pride in human kind by teaching that we are all created beings not the creator ....we are all poor towards the one who created , Allah is the giver the great...........all are poor and in need of him ......why should a man feel superior while he is no more than a poor servant of Allah ......Quran teaches humility and kindness .....
This foolish pride man may feel is due to his ignorance. When truth of Islam shines within hearts ......no one will dare to humiliate others. I believe Islam present a whole perfect picture : how humans should act in this life. Something should settle in each heart .......la ellah Ella Allah ....everything else is poor dependent in need of Allah subhanahu wa taala. Islam first plant a conviction in hearts that cure their illness.

A man feels superior because Islamic teachings are giving him the chance to be superior. An ayat indicates that man have been made superior to women. And hadiths like women will go to hell more and that men can beat their women.... all this leads to inequality.

Tomtom

Banned
I'm not sure if you are a muslim as you claim to be Azmul.

Time permitting I will try and answer your questions even though you seem to have the answers already?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Slow it down...rape...do you have any idea what rape does to a woman.....no..you are wrong...in all that I have read this was not rape...

These women were given the chance to become Muslim. They were not left alone and destitute...go back and review the battles that the Pious Predecessors fought with the Prophet.

You have to change your mindset...you are not sure....you are unsure about the events and why they were called right hand possessions. If a woman became a right hand possession it was not rape.

A pious man would not rape a woman...he fears Allah...our examples come from the best of generations.

Before you debate with atheists make sure you have a firm grasp on understanding of your faith.

a_stranger

A man feels superior because Islamic teachings are giving him the chance to be superior. An ayat indicates that man have been made superior to women. And hadiths like women will go to hell more and that men can beat their women.... all this leads to inequality.

I think this argument fails to grasp the true spirit of Islam . No Islam doesn't give any one a chance to be superior .Islam teaches man to be a sincere slave of his creator , this should cut the roots of superiority from his heart......what Islam do is regulate families and give each person his suitable role to make life easy. Do man understand meaning of sugood bowing down on ground ? It is meant to free hearts from all kinds of illness and make hearts free to Allah subhanahu wa taala......those who know Allah subhanahu wa taala won't dare to feel superior....... We can't come closer to Allah carrying any kind of illness.

If a muslem ignore this important issue in Islam then he misses a lot.
There is a very big spiritual part in Islam if ignored the picture of Islam is highly distorted .

Azmul

I think this argument fails to grasp the true spirit of Islam . No Islam doesn't give any one a chance to be superior .Islam teaches man to be a sincere slave of his creator , this should cut the roots of superiority from his heart......what Islam do is regulate families and give each person his suitable role to make life easy. Do man understand meaning of sugood bowing down on ground ? It is meant to free hearts from all kinds of illness and make hearts free to Allah subhanahu wa taala......those who know Allah subhanahu wa taala won't dare to feel superior....... We can't come closer to Allah carrying any kind of illness.

If a muslem ignore this important issue in Islam then he misses a lot.
There is a very big spiritual part in Islam if ignored the picture of Islam is highly distorted .

The picture which you have depicted is of a perfect Muslim. But in reality, we can't find perfect Muslims. The problem I present to you is that your answers are spiritual but they lack reasoning. Our society is one of the most backward societies in the world. So when we have to argue, we need to give logical explanations rather than the spiritual ones.

Azmul

Assalaam walaikum,

Slow it down...rape...do you have any idea what rape does to a woman.....no..you are wrong...in all that I have read this was not rape...

These women were given the chance to become Muslim. They were not left alone and destitute...go back and review the battles that the Pious Predecessors fought with the Prophet.

You have to change your mindset...you are not sure....you are unsure about the events and why they were called right hand possessions. If a woman became a right hand possession it was not rape.

A pious man would not rape a woman...he fears Allah...our examples come from the best of generations.

Before you debate with atheists make sure you have a firm grasp on understanding of your faith.

Can you please elaborate what does a right hand possession means? A girl who has been captured from war, now what options does she have? Can she go back to her home without paying anything? And is it prohibited in Islam anywhere not to touch them unless they allow you to touch themselves?

Azmul

I'm not sure if you are a muslim as you claim to be Azmul.

Time permitting I will try and answer your questions even though you seem to have the answers already?

I am a Muslim and I am proud of it. But as i said, confronting atheists is not so easy. I find myself totally blank when i am posed with such questions. Of i have faith but its not enough to convince them. There should be a rational explanation to everything. If we just keep saying that Almighty Allah has done this because its in our benefit, it sounds spiritual but has no reasoning and of course no atheist will agree on it.
My reason for posting these questions was to get some solid reasons to fight back but so far i haven't achieved that.

Azmul

Assalaam walaikum,

And talking about piousness, can you explain why a pious man couldn't control his sexual desires in the event of a Jihad? Here is the hadith I am quoting again:

Volume 3, Book 46, Number 718:
Narrated Ibn Muhairiz:
I saw Abu Said and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said said, "We went with Allah's
Apostle, in the Ghazwa of Barli Al-Mustaliq and we captured some of the 'Arabs as captives, and the
long separation from our wives was pressing us hard and we wanted to practice coitus interruptus.
We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No
soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come,
into existence."

Tomtom

Banned
Narrated Ibn Muhairiz:
I saw Abu Said and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said said, "We went with Allah's
Apostle, in the Ghazwa of Barli Al-Mustaliq and we captured some of the 'Arabs as captives, and the
long separation from our wives was pressing us hard and we wanted to practice coitus interruptus.
We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No
soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come,
into existence."

Its very clear from this hadith that Holy Prophet hasn't stopped from having sexual intercourse.

I don't know if you are aware but there are punishments for fornication and adultery.

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab from Ubaydullah ibn Abdullah ibn Utba ibn Masud from Abu Hurayra and Zayd ibn Khalid al-Juhani that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was asked about a slave-girl who committed fornication and was not muhsana. He said, "If she commits fornication, then flog her. If she commits fornication again, then flog her, and if she commits fornication again, then sell her, if only for a rope."
Ibn Shihab added, "I don't know whether it was three or four times."
Malik English reference: Book 41, Hadith 14
Arabic reference : Book 41, Hadith 1516

Tomtom

Banned
Its wrong idea that family planning is for those who are unmarried. It is meant to reduce children because it is a burden on economy. We are Alhamdullilah very well of. We haven't felt the pain of hunger. People who earn hardly enough to buy food for a single person, how can he afford to feed so many children? Is it justified?

The answer you are looking for is in the hadith that YOU have provided.

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz:
We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come, into existence."

Azmul

I don't know if you are aware but there are punishments for fornication and adultery.

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab from Ubaydullah ibn Abdullah ibn Utba ibn Masud from Abu Hurayra and Zayd ibn Khalid al-Juhani that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was asked about a slave-girl who committed fornication and was not muhsana. He said, "If she commits fornication, then flog her. If she commits fornication again, then flog her, and if she commits fornication again, then sell her, if only for a rope."
Ibn Shihab added, "I don't know whether it was three or four times."
Malik English reference: Book 41, Hadith 14
Arabic reference : Book 41, Hadith 1516

of course I am aware of it. But that punishment is for a slave girl.
I am talking about the man who gets that girl after war. Do his actions come in context of adultery??