HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW GENERAL KNOWLEDGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
whoops i meant which ones HAVNT signed it sorry...uve got more than one guess cos there are more than one country

theres an obvious country which ure missing... its real obvious this one there are 4 in total

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
1 right....u forgot ISRAEL omg tht was the obvious one not Iran....(Iran has no weapons)

Korea was right the others are India and Pakistan...:) they dont make it a secret that they want to blow up each other at all. whereas israel remains on the 'suspected' nuclear state list to make it look angelic but everyone knows it has over 200 nuclear war heads...no secret.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
...yeah and get myself arrested nah thnx i'll pass

i bet all of these forums are monitored by MI5 yknow...or others from different countries, do u think so?

ShaheedU

Extinct
Yep, im pretty sure my phones bugged, and my internets being monitored! And the roadcleaner near my house is actually undercover.

Im only half joking, and yeh i do think so.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
ok whatever shaheed.
get real, AS's are a doddle compared to A2 and which subjects do u do neway?

libin, which subjects do u do in addition to biology?
i do chemistry and history and chemistry is my worst!

we shud turn this thread into a biology question and answer thread what do u say libin? :)

i also study law, litterature and french, i don't mind turning this thread into a biology one, do you?

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Name three types of bond that hold the tertiary structure together in proteins. :)

PS: I found A2 maths way easier than A2 bio (I actually did A2 maths one year ahead). Guess what I'm studying at uni? bio. parents. Lol.

ShaheedU

Extinct
Name three types of bond that hold the tertiary structure together in proteins. :)

PS: I found A2 maths way easier than A2 bio (I actually did A2 maths one year ahead). Guess what I'm studying at uni? bio. parents. Lol.

Allright dont rub it in! The curriculum in the country you live in must be easier. It MUST.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
....hydrogen bonding...ionic bonding i guess between the C=O-OH group and NH2....and also that weird sulphur bonding, yknow with the sulphur...or have i made tht up ...cant remember!

(ha)
too bad shaheed this is a biology thread now......:D

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
we need some new life in this thread...cmon everyone whats up? as muslims we should be thirsty for knowledge....!

ill ask a biology question which'll be easy ...GCSE level so no excuses everyone, here goes

which gland secretes ADH and where is it situated in the body? oh yeah, and what does ADH stand for?

ShaheedU

Extinct
Anti direutic hormone? From pancreas? I forgot.

Pancreas?!!!""£ What kind of stupid answer was that? But i wont cheat. THis is edited btw.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Anti direutic hormone? From pancreas? I forgot.

hmmmm good memory! u mean anti diuretic hormone, thts right but how can Pancreas which normally secretes digestive enzymes have anything to do with the water balance? it doesnt, its the Pituitury Gland situated in
the BRAIN...

:muslim_child:

ure turn...

ShaheedU

Extinct
Oh shush, you woouldnt exactly be swinging from what looks to be in mid air, if i was to ask a economics question!

Anyways, Which firm did virgin merge with in order to make the virgin media group? And whos the owner of virgin?

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
im interested in hydrocarbon economics, NOT media stuff...nething to do with halliburton im on to it......erm boss of virgin is it richard branson? and havnt got a clue about media companies...ummm ok i think i can guess some sort of phone company? do u mean to make Virgin Mobile yeah? i dunno...

ure swinging (with a headscarf on ure head of course!)

ShaheedU

Extinct
Whats hydrocarbon economics? on second thoughts scrap that.

Richard branson yes. Virgin mobile is a part of it. It IS/WAS a phone company, and internet, and extra terrestrial tele.....which one? theres not many!

Ur swinging from what though? it looks like ur swinging mid-air!(should mid air be hyphenated or two words?)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
it can be hyphenated, two words or one word...like 'midair' aswell...all three are correct. and you dont have an ounce of imagination do u? its only a smiley and u can get Administrator to delete it if it upsets u so much...just PM him im sure he'll understand...its like what r freinds for hey?

do u know what a hydro-carbon is? actually dont answer! forget it.

look i havnt even got a mobile phone so how do u xpect me to know the company? seriously i dont know this answer....orange? ntl? nokia? thts all i know...

ShaheedU

Extinct
yaaaay, NTL!

Hydro carbon, is it not molecules of hydrogen and carbon fused together through some chemical process? And then you have the single bonds and double bonds or something and theyre supposed to be stronger. Examples of hydrocarbons- Graphite and diamond?

And for the first bit, lol.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
yaaaay, NTL!

Hydro carbon, is it not molecules of hydrogen and carbon fused together through some chemical process? And then you have the single bonds and double bonds or something and theyre supposed to be stronger. Examples of hydrocarbons- Graphite and diamond?

I SAID not to answer bout the HC...omgoodness.

ok, its simple really, the question u asked me earlier 'whats the hardest substance' whatever? its diamond because its made of NOTHING but carbon....no hydrogen no nothing. whcih is why its so hard.

Hydrocarbon is...CRUDE OIL? (yes it is only hydrogen and carbon) as in the precious liquid fuel which is all over arabia iran texas and alaska...?? (its called liquid gold sometimes) no its not 'fused' its naturally occurring formed over thousands of years which is why it can never be replaced because there no time! which is why all the countries with loads of it are being invaded.

halliburton is a HUGE oil company which bush has shares in
hence hydrocarbon economics
my fave smily

:muslim_child:

Status
Not open for further replies.