I am puzzled

B.H.

I live in the United States and am a revert.

Everyone for the most part who is not Muslim I talk to thinks Islam is in countries that are poor and backward.

However, I see and understand that many Muslim countries are some of the richest and most hi tech on Earth, not that that makes them more loved by Allah by any means..

From what I have read there are poor mostly Muslim countries, medium welath Muslim countries, and rich Muslim countries.

I infer if you are poor in a poorer Muslim country you are better off than if you are poor in a poor Christian country, or an old atheist dominated soviet country.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:

Quran: 17.018 - If any do wish for the transitory things (of this life), We readily grant them - such things as We will, to such persons as We will: in the end have We provided Hell for them: they will burn therein, disgraced and rejected.

though muslims are powerless and poor due to improper implementation of Islam, muslims not being too rich could be Allah's blessings in disguise.

look at gulf nations, Allah gave them unlimited wealth and they forgot Him and discarded Islam.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
I live in the United States and am a revert.

Everyone for the most part who is not Muslim I talk to thinks Islam is in countries that are poor and backward.

However, I see and understand that many Muslim countries are some of the richest and most hi tech on Earth, not that that makes them more loved by Allah by any means..

From what I have read there are poor mostly Muslim countries, medium welath Muslim countries, and rich Muslim countries.

I infer if you are poor in a poorer Muslim country you are better off than if you are poor in a poor Christian country, or an old atheist dominated soviet country.

:salam2: Brother,

Before Ramadaan, I had been watching documentaries like "Ross Kemp on Gangs", "Vanguard" etc.

Many many problems and their Crazy solutions which cause even more complicated problems in the Rich as well as Poor Non-Muslim countries are not to be found in many Muslim countries...Alhamdulillah!

Some of them are so baffling, that we might wonder how could they even have such problems in the first place.

Very Briefly,

Drug abuse/Violence in Mexico and other South American countries and even in USA, where pain Clinics dispense drugs.
And their crazy soultion ?

Legalize drugs!

Gang Violence just based on Football Club affiliations in Poland!

Prostitution in Countries like Thailand, where Families wish their young daughters would rather marry to "Sex Tourists" from Western countries.

The problem become even more complicated when these Criminals are caught and sent to Prisons. These Criminal gangs actually control the Prison and operate and run their gangs even more securely from there. Some of the Prison Officers even from USA confess on Camera that these gangs control the Prisons.

In fact, one gang Lord from South Africa went as far as saying on Camera, that he has a young man at any given day from whoever he likes among the Prisoners as his "Wife".

And the authorities are baffled because, What more could they do to him, he is already in Prison supposedly serving a "Punishment"?

We should thank Allah a zillion times to blessing us with Islaam which has simple solutions to these problems and is a source of peaceful Life of this World and greater reward in the HeraAfter.

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
look at gulf nations, Allah gave them unlimited wealth and they forgot Him and discarded Islam.

Salaamalaykum akhi Ahmed,

We should not generalize and also not overlook the good that these countries do at the same time. The muslim ummah as a whole could do a lot more better with their time, effort and money for various causes that serve Islam or muslims.

That being said, there are some pious and righteous amongst us who are taking the lead and doing much good for Islam and muslims & giving dawah towards Tawheed of Allah.

Let us seize this opportunity of this blessed month of Ramadan to beg Allah azz zawajal to improve our affairs & helps us overcome our shortcomings and laziness/heedlessness to serve our deen and serve muslims with our time, money and effort.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

We should not generalize and also not overlook the good that these countries do at the same time. The muslim ummah as a whole could do a lot more better with their time, effort and money for various causes that serve Islam or muslims.

That being said, there are some pious and righteous amongst us who are taking the lead and doing much good for Islam and muslims & giving dawah towards Tawheed of Allah.

Let us seize this opportunity of this blessed month of Ramadan to beg Allah azz zawajal to improve our affairs & helps us overcome our shortcomings and laziness/heedlessness to serve our deen and serve muslims with our time, money and effort.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi
:salam2:

yes, you are right. :)

Amir_of_spain

Regarding the Gulf Arabs, you must remember that these arabs have been living in harsh desert like conditions since the beginning of time, so in comparison to others they have been poor for 1000s of years. Allah has seen it fit to change their condition from the 1960s onwards primarily from oil and gas wealth now theyre one of the richest nations on the Earth. So they deserve a break, and if you examine history long enough every nation has it's period of wealth and poverty, eg Europe in the dark ages, now the leaders in Science.
I remember one story of a Emarati narrating the past history, that his mother on her wedding day was given an Orange as the drowy gift, thats how poor some of the men were, and that occasion was the first time she ever tasted an Orange.

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

In Islam every situation that faces the Muslim is beneficial inchAllah.
If he is rich he have the ability to help others and do good deeds and if he is poor certainly Allah will reward him for being patient. But in my opinion poverty should not be seen as a virtue since it comes with lots of negative side effects. I think people should do whatever they can to improve their conditions.

I love the brothers and sisters from the Gulf but in my opinion they can not be called rich at least if you try to think about the situation in few years ahead (the post oil period). The economy out there is a rent-based economy and beside the skyscrapers there are no serious effort to diversify it (Dubai is on the right track but it is still light years away from where it should be). A striking indicator is that in spite of all this billions no university has entered the top 100 in the world !!!

In my opinion the definition of Rich should be relative to what you know and not what you have.

And Allah knows best
Wassalam

aisha16

All I know is that I would love to live in a Muslim country after I'm done with school for sure

Abdul25

Logical Believer

We should not generalize and also not overlook the good that these countries do at the same time.

Asslam o alaykum
brother can give an example of GOOD UAE,Qatar,Kuwait and other oil rich countries have done? this is not a political forum otherwise i would tell you what these countries are up to. either you dont know anything or you are trying to be unaware of what is happening in those countries.

i only carry respect for Saudi Arabia and this is only because of Makkah and Madina SubhanAllah.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Asslam o alaykum
brother can give an example of GOOD UAE,Qatar,Kuwait and other oil rich countries have done? this is not a political forum otherwise i would tell you what these countries are up to. either you dont know anything or you are trying to be unaware of what is happening in those countries.

i only carry respect for Saudi Arabia and this is only because of Makkah and Madina SubhanAllah.

Assalam alaykum

This happens with every country if you say Arabs are like these then they would say the Asian are full of Shirk. The point is its Allaah who has given them wealth and they will be questioned so how can we decide what good and bad they have done. By the way apart from politics there are many philanthropist in the countries you mentioned some time back in Ramadan one such person in Kuwait had freed prisoners by paying a staggering amount he remained anonymous.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Asslam o alaykum

Walaykumsalaam waa rahmatullahi,

- They care for their citizens first of all. They provide adequate housing, source of livelihood and education to all their citizens. Even if their citizens fell in to errors and mistakes, they don't vilify and treat them horribly. Rather they have programs which work towards making them better human beings and contribute to society.

- Most of them have prevented heresy and baatil practices in the country. These include grave worship, sufi saints, bidah of mawlid etc etc.

- They have established masajid all over the country. And the attendance rate of people is among the highest in the world. Most of them are aware of their religious obligations Alhamdulillah. The women also observe Hijab for the most part and various social evils that are present in large numbers in non muslim countries are not an issue in these places.

- Strict laws have been enforced for crimes that are also against Islam, yet might be acceptable in non-muslim countries (or not see as serious crimes). To a large extent, the Islamic shariah is enforced.

- They provide money to other poor countries to establish mosques and islamic universities. My home state in India is one such beneficiary of this and we are thankful for this to our brothers in faith Alhamdulillah.

And I am sure others could think of many more things.

I can understand your frustration with these governments because we want them to act 100% Islamic. Yet they are not and we have problems arising in these countries and in most muslim countries. As an ummah we are in testing times ,where the lure for aping western way of life is more attractive and we are sitting doing barely anything to spread our religion or to even gain more knowledge.

If we look at ourselves too, we can find many defects and deficiencies. Have we established Islam 100% in ourselves before we expect our govts to be perfectly Islamic ? Have we paid attention to the Quran enough and mastered it, before we ask our govt to rule by the laws written in the Quran ?

Aren't we ourselves weak in faith and prone to taking unislamic solutions to our problems as we don't have enough patience to trust in Allah's plan for us ? Yet we ask why our govts succumb to foreign pressure and take unIslamic measures ?

Yes, the govts are reflection of state of it's people. And we need to worry about mending our own ways first, then our families and close relatives and finally our societies and communities. This would with Allah's will and mercy change the ways our nations and govts behavior..

In this blessed month of Ramadan, we should beg Allah azz zawajal to give us the tawfeeq to establish Islam in our hearts and actions & ask Him that he utilizes us for the work of our deen.. And we should ask Allah azz zawajal to guide our community leaders, ministers and our rulers. Ameen

I hope I made some sense... Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi