I AM SCARED NOW..:(

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:salam2:

I ASK ALLAH AZZAWAJAL TO KEEP YOU ALL SAFE WITH STRONG IMAAN..:)

As some of you know that I have started doing my bachelors, ALHAMDULILLAH..
I have to work on my PC all the time....:girl3:

As I m learning in VLE I have to sit online, whenever I want to study..

NOW THAT I AM GETTING SOOOO MANY ADVICES FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE.. SPECIALLY FROM MY FAMILY AND FROM MY FRIENDS... :)

They say..........

DON'T WORK ON PC FOR A LONG TIME YOU WOULD GET BACK PAIN

DON'T WORK ON PC FOR A LONG TIME YOU WOULD GET VISION PROBLEMS.. (Iam already wearing glasses :lol:)

DON'T WORK ON PC FOR A LONG TIME YOU WOULD GET PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS:SMILY309::SMILY309:

DON'T WORK ON PC FOR A LONG TIME YOU WOULD GET STRESS :girl3:

NOW THAT I AM SICK OF THIS WORD " DON'T " ufff

Brothers and sisters, IS THIS TRUE????????????????????

I know that every one is advising me because they love me.. BUT im getting irritated when they keep on advising..
they don't understand that I have to do every thing on a PC..

I AM EVEN SCARED THAT I MIGHT GET THOSE PROBLEMS IF USE PC A LOT:shymuslima1: :lol:

MAY ALLAH TALA PROTECT ME..:tti_sister:

Now tell me, if it is a truth, then what is the tips you would provide me with, to avoid my self from being trapped by those problems..

Hope you would help.. INSHA ALLAH

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I think you are in safe, if you remember some things like:

be sure your chair is comfortable and good for your back

check that lights on your room are ok and don´t strain your eyes (and screen of pc is not too bright)

remember to take some rest sometimes, be sure you get some fresh air during day and eat well and healthy

I wish you good luck with your work on your pc. :hearts:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

First of all, if your parents have given you this advice or instructed you, then you should listen and obey them. :)

As for getting back pain, this holds true for anyone sitting long hours in the same position. Especially if you are sitting in the wrong posture, long term back aches and deformation is quite possible. Make sure that you have a computer table and an adjustable chair if you have to use it long hours. Using a laptop on the bed, sofa, couch for long hours is not advisable.

The eye bit is true as well, if you work long hours infront of the PC. Your eyes are firstly getting strained from the rays emitted from the PC. So make sure you have the brightness dimmed out or use a screen protector (that reduces brightness of the screen).

Also, you need to look away from the computer screen every 15 minutes (that's what is recommended I think). You should preferably look out the window and look at something far and then closer objects (letting your eyes refocus). This will also make your eyes blink a couple of time.

Some people strain their eyes infront of the PC a lot and subconsciously don't blink for a long time. This can the pressure in the eyes and lead to many serious conditions. Some can even effect the nerves in the eyes and can even cause partial blindness.

All of this points to the fact, that you should take breaks from the computer every now and then for around 5-10 minutes every half an hour. This would help you take care of the back ache plus the vision problems that arise from sitting long hours at the computer.

And yes, your family and friends have given you good advice.

Take care.. Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother

NOW THAT I AM GETTING SOOOO MANY ADVICES FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE.. SPECIALLY FROM MY FAMILY AND FROM MY FRIENDS... :)

They say..........

DON'T WORK ON PC FOR A LONG TIME YOU WOULD GET VISION PROBLEMS.. (Iam already wearing glasses :lol:)

DON'T WORK ON PC FOR A LONG TIME YOU WOULD GET PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEMS:SMILY309::SMILY309:

I know that every one is advising me because they love me.. BUT im getting irritated when they keep on advising..

I AM EVEN SCARED THAT I MIGHT GET THOSE PROBLEMS IF USE PC A LOT:shymuslima1: :lol:

Now tell me, if it is a truth, then what is the tips you would provide me with, to avoid my self from being trapped by those problems..

walaikumussalam sister i think that this question was asked to some muslim doctor and he said that sitting at a stretch on the Pc can be harmful for health but in Islam Allah has prescribed the five times payer which gives a person an opportunity to take necessary breaks and while he is offering the prayer the much needed exercise is also done simultaneously but our intention should not be that.Secondly the sitting posture should be comfortable and the eyes should be in level with the top of screen.Furthermore you should buy an LCD screen so that your eyes are not damaged.

JenGiove

Little Sister, fear not....welcome to the world of the student! Congratulations! Now, as for the health concerns. Some of the best advice came from BrotherInIslam7, however, allow me to expand on what he shared.

Back Pain:

What happens when people get new jobs that require you to sit for long periods (8hrs+ per day) of time is that we develop really poor posture. We slouch, we sit too far back on our tail bones so that we are pushing it too far forward, we sit with our feet propped up. so instead of our spine being in a straight line, we "fold" it and the disks that ask like shock absorbers get pushed out of their proper place. Its the same action that happens when you squeeze a tube of toothpaste from one end....eventually, the paste comes out. When that happens, the thin cord of nerves that runs down the center gets folded and screaming pain happens.

IT IS REVERSIBLE! It is also preventable.

Maintain proper posture. Stand up frequently and do the reverse action of whatever you were doing. So, after sitting, stand up and bend backwards and sidewards. Unfortunately, while getting up to pray is wonderful....the body posture is identical to what you were doing in the chair. It is ineffective for preventing spinal injury. Here is a website with video from a doctor that will help you learn about bulging disks and herniated disks.
http://www.healyourbulgingdisc.com/

EYES:

As you know by now, eye strain hurts. The reason you get eye strain from computers is NOT because of the poor light from the monitors <sorry BrotherInIslam...:) > but because of how monitors work. While it may seem like there is a constant picture, in actuality, teeny tiny little lines streak across the screen "redrawing" the picture. We can't see it, BUT, our eyes do. There are special glasses that are only available by prescription, OR, you can do simple things....like work in a well lit area, keep the screen at least an arms length away from you or further and change your focal distance <as BrotherInIslam advised> periodically. For you, since you already wear glasses, pay close attention to how your eyes feel. When they get tired, listen to them and take a break.

Other than that, sweet sister, grab some tylenol and grumble like the rest of the students in the world! :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
As you know by now, eye strain hurts. The reason you get eye strain from computers is NOT because of the poor light from the monitors <sorry BrotherInIslam...:) > but because of how monitors work.

No, I meant the intensity of light coming from the monitor. It does tend to wear the muscles out in your eyes and make your eyes tired faster and easily (this is obviously from personal experience). However, if the brightness is reduced (as sister Harb mentioned) or a tinted screen is put infront of the CRT monitors, then it helps you work longer hours without your eyes feeling tired. And working on a PC with tired eyes is an excursion that is not good for the eyes at all !

Also, forgot to mention this earlier. It helps to splash some water on the face every once a while.

saifkhan

abd-Allah

They say..........

salm alaikum waraghamtu-llah

facing almost same prob here.
as some of you know that I've back prob, but yet I've to sit for hours after hours....lolz, and I understand at the night and it is dangerous for me...

and again I use glasses, and after a long day session, when I go to brush before bed, I see my eyes are like tomato-red....lolz

if my mom was there, she u'd kick me out of my this life-style......lolz
"IF'........................

again as some of you may know, I'm in Finland, the weather is now worst, its too cold with scorching wind, aghh.....so you have to be in home almost all the time, coz there is nothing kept outside....lolz

so here in Finland my best friend is my Laptop!!

suggestion to sister faaraa:

01. try to keep straight your backbone, that's important and take rest in between the chair must me backbone-friendly
02.dont use glasses while you sitting in front of pc, it is unnecessary, if you have got '- power'...give rest to your eyes......and wash it with cold water.
03. drink a lot of water, to get stress less....I know you already take a lot...lolz...

everyhting I know, but I dont folllow....lolz
dont shout at me, first I want to know how much you can follow....he he
like what happened today, for the whole day, I didnt have any water, not a single glass of water, i just slpet for 2 hour and when I was awaken, my eys were burning and it was red.....my throat was like forest-dried.

anyways, be nice, take care and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION, THESE ARE PROVEN!!!

JazakAllah khair
wasssalam

BinImad

1st Remember to take breaks often during which you can jog in place for a few minutes to get the blood flowing and work out your body a bit and don’t forget to stretch properly at least twice a day. :SMILY346:
2nd don’t forget to pray on time. Just stop what you are doing perform wutho (washing for prayer) and pray. This will get you moving and will also help limit the negative effects of long hours on the PC. :salah:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ALHMADULILLAH, I AM BLESSED WITH YOU ALL

JAZAKALLAHU KAHIR FOR ALL YOUR TIPS AND OF COURSE VALUABLE ADVISES..

sister harb.... I WONT FORGET TO HAVE FRESH AIR..:lol:

BrotherInIslam7...., I really felt like my Bio logy teacher was in front of me..:lol:

Brother Nayyararsi.... TRUE TRUE..:biggrin:

JenGiove..... No words to thank you, my dear sweet sister:hearts:

Brother saifkhan.... :lol: I will INSHA ALLAH Follow all the instructions..
But you too try to follow them, Brother:lol:

Brother BinImad... I NEVER DO EXERCISES... I used to do when I was schooling:lol:

[JUST KIDDING WITH YOU ALL :lol::lol:]​

Once again My dear brothers and sisters... JAZAKALLAHU KAHIR for your VALUABLE advises....:)

dna1987

Muslim Guy

This one is actually one that I know to be true. If you sit around all day, many of your muscles that are used for standing and keeping a strong lower back (psoas major) are relaxed for too long during the day, and over many weeks and months, they become very weak. It happened to me.

You can stretch and walk around a bit though during breaks.
Assalam alaikum.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
[/CENTER]
[/B][/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR]
This one is actually one that I know to be true. If you sit around all day, many of your muscles that are used for standing and keeping a strong lower back (psoas major) are relaxed for too long during the day, and over many weeks and months, they become very weak. It happened to me.

You can stretch and walk around a bit though during breaks.
Assalam alaikum.

dna1987..... OK brother..ok I will follow your advise..:biggrin:

JAZAKALLAHU KHIAR YA Akhi...

FEE AMANILLAH

aslamjiffry

Hubbu Rasoolullah

They say..........

Salaams!!!!!!!!! If u follow correct methods of using computer u r safe... Specially Dont see the computer screen for a long time.... When u r working on a PC make sure to see away from ur PC every five minutes... and Sit properly and dont bring ur face near the computer screen (Monitor)... I know some people say it is not good to stay in front of PC for a loooooooooooong time. But if u r following correct menthod then no prob.. As i know coz i am a system administryor LOL

Abdul25

Logical Believer

i sit almost all day either on chair or on PC but because i have classes all the day, and at night i use PC, so i sleep only for like 7 or 8 hours. for me it is not a problem as i am used to it since ages :lol: but you should not sit too much on Pc because it is not good for health and eyes, you should take rest every after one hour or like that.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah

JAZAKALLAHU KAHIR for both of you, aslamjiffry and Korai_28 for advises

I WILL INSHA ALLAH follow them :lol: