I burned my hand

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

I was cooking my daughters launch and I needed to take something out of the oven. I used the pot holder and then sat the pot on the stove and took off the pot holder. Well I forgot I took off the pot holder and grab the pan again to move it. Of course not too smart and I burned my entire hand. It is burning really bad and this happened 2 1/2 hours ago. I have been putting ice here and there. My question is do you know of anything I can put on it to stop the burning?

My husband said toothpaste?

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

May Allah ease your pain Inshallah..

Do not use toothpaste, tryed it before, It only make is worse..

It would be better for you to have a doctor take a look at it, in the mean while use lots of ice in cold water and dip your hand in it, it'll make it less painfull Inshallah. just leave it there for a while.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: sister amirah

sorry to hear about what happened...
i was going to say toothpast also :)
here is a website that tells you how to treat a burn
http://firstaid.about.com/od/injuriesathome/ht/06_burns.htm

more results from google
http://www.google.com/search?num=10...m=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=treating+burning&spell=1

hope you get better :)

hey, what happened, happened for a good reason even though is a bad thing as we observe it... Smile sister :) anything bad happens to a muslim is happy, and anything bad happens to a muslim is happy ;)... are we glad that we are muslims :D!!!... any pain that a muslim goes through with patience, he/she, inshaAllah, gains reward from it even the pain of a needle sticking in to our skin...

sorry don't have the time currently to post hadiths of my above statement. hopefully you are familiar with them

wasalamo alaikom :)

Annox

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you. If I were you, I'd least have a doctor look at it. The doctor will be able to prescribe you the most specific treatment :)

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

I am sooo sorry to hear this. Insha'Allah I pray it gets better.

Never ever use toothpaste on a burn. I know, I know.. lots of people think this is a good solution.. but they use it at the wrong time. Ice is the best way to go. Applying toothpaste traps the heat, and what may have only been a first degree burn can actually become a second degree burn by applying toothpaste.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

tarannumsamir

the very first thing that u should do is keep ur hand under runnung water for a pretty long time.this will reduce the 70 %of burning,inshallah.
after that let it be.
then later on u can apply any anti burn lotion.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Vaseline...goops and goops of vaseline...how do I know...have you ever seen me in the kitchen...

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
Salaam,

Vaseline...goops and goops of vaseline...how do I know...have you ever seen me in the kitchen...

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

But don't apply vaseline on fresh burns.. it does the same as toothpaste, and trap the heat.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Taken from:

Healing with the Medicine of the Prophet :saw: by Imam Ibn Qayyim al-Jauziyah (Rahimahullaah)

Part III. The Prophet's Guidance on using Divine Ruqyah

The Prophet's guidance on treating burns

Burns are usually caused by fire, which is the substance from which the devil was created, and this is why the devil finds it befitting his nature and the evil that he seeks to achieve. Therefore, the devil helps the fire cause harm. The fire usually seeks domination and devastation. These two matters, domination and devastation, are the guidance of the devil that he calls to and with which he leads mankind to destruction. The fire and the devil both seek domination and affliction, while Allah's Pride always intervenes by extinguishing these evils and the acts of the devil.

This is why praising Allah that He is the Great has a profound effect on extinguishing the fire, for Allah's Greatness overwhelms anything and everything. When the Muslim praises Allah's Greatness, this supplication will cause the fire and the efforts of the devil to fade away and thus the fire will be extinguished, Allah willing. We have used this method before and found it to be true.

[Reference: Pg. no. 192]

As mentioned, go to the doctor as well, as there is a section in the book about Seeking the best doctor's.

Sadly i don't know of any substances that would stop the burning but Insha'Allaah what Ibn al-Qayyim (Rahimahullaah) will be of help.

Walaykum Salam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
So sorry to hear about your burn sis! May it be a purification for you inshallah. Water is the best, if it gets worse, get checked by a doctor. The joy of the kitchen, and I have the marks to prove it also!! lol!

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Jazak Allah khair for everyone response. Sadly enough I did the toothpaste I did not get the messages in time. :( it Did not work it started stinging then stopped Alhumdulilah it stopped but still burning. I was going to try cold water and did not realize in arizona in the afternoon the cold comes out warm and needless to say my hand started heating up:( so then I applied ice then it stops. But after a few moments it starts burning again so for a few hours I have been holding ice on and off. I checked out the link A_brother posted and i think this is 1st degree which isnt that bad besides the burning. no blisters or anything. Ok since we know toothpaste doesnt work!! can i use the vaseline now? its 8:30 it happened at lunchtime. I do not think it is serious enough for the doctor. I am still being patient alhumdulilah and i prayed about it. inshallah my husband can bring some burn cream. Insahallah you guys never go through this. using 1 hand to type is difficult so alhumdulilah i have two and this is temporary.

May Allah reward you all for trying to help your sister Ameen

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Steps to take

1) Run the hand with cold water for 20 minutes or even more. Never ever use toothpaste.
2) Check if there is any blisters, if no blisters means thats good news. Blisters are signs of secondary burns. Secondary burns hurt the most
3)Go and see the doctor .
4) Once the hand cools down, the next thing to worry about is infection.
5) Take good care of your hand
6) As for taking wudoo', you do not have to wash your hand

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

jazak allah khair for responses. my husband brought the neosporin plus pain reliever max strenth. not burning as bad but still burning a little on the palm of my hand the fingers stopped. I also took 2 motrin so inshallah the pain will completely stop so i can sleep. Thanks for the post about wudoo because i have been washing it and it burns worst.

May Allah reward you all. Ameen

halah

Subhan Allah ,yesterday I had my hand burned too,but with hot water when I turned on the tap while the heater of the water was on,the best everthing I can do in such cases is to cover the burned area with honey and tie it with muslin and al hamdullilah by the end of the day it became better.

"There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men'' (An Nahl:69)

island muslim

Subhan Allah ,yesterday I had my hand burned too,but with hot water when I turned on the tap while the heater of the water was on,the best everthing I can do in such cases is to cover the burned area with honey and tie it with muslin and al hamdullilah by the end of the day it became better.

"There comes forth from their bellies, a drink of varying colour wherein is healing for men'' (An Nahl:69)

Masha allah the quran has mentioned the power of honey, and its healing properties.

You can now find many educated diet scientists talking about the healing properties and the power of honey.

there is some music in the background ... just ignore it we are only listening to what he says
[yt]QqJdmeTfo2s[/yt]

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Subhanallah I want to try this honey tomorrow if it I do not get relief because I just got a pm about this honey and some directions from WikiHow. and I already have pure honey in the kitchen. :) Alhumdulilah you are better sis.

Island thats right quran talks about honey curing alot of things. I will definetly try it tomorrow if no relief tonight. I would try it now but my poor hand has been through alot today. Toothpaste, ice, warm water,neosporin. I better wait to tomorrow

May Allah reward you all for you post here and the hereafter. Ameen

island muslim

Subhanallah I want to try this honey tomorrow if it I do not get relief because I just got a pm about this honey and some directions from WikiHow. and I already have pure honey in the kitchen. :) Alhumdulilah you are better sis.

Island thats right quran talks about honey curing alot of things. I will definetly try it tomorrow if no relief tonight. I would try it now but my poor hand has been through alot today. Toothpaste, ice, warm water,neosporin. I better wait to tomorrow

Sister amirah, actually the video i was lloking for cannot be found. Its about a new medical bandage for serious burn victims which was being used in iraq for american soldiers. These bandages were coated with some extract from honey and apparently if this banadge is IMMEDIATELY used on the victim his recovery with minimal burn damage increased by 250%(iam sure about the percentage cause it astounded me).

Sad I cant find it on youtube....

halah

Jazaki Allah khaier dear sister and may Allah accept your duaa,inshaa'allah you'll be better before tomorrow,I hope we women will be rewarded for such accidents and may Allah make these pains in the balance of our good deeds:tti_sister: