I did Shahadah

dianek

As of 9:40 P.M. last night I became a muslim. I don't know why but lying in bed with my eyes closed trying to sleep, I could not. I started thinking about islam and remembering posts from many of you and the happiness in my husbands face when I would ask him questions.......my heart skipped beats, my breath became shallow, as though a child very excited about something that was about to happen to him.....

I woke my husband and asked him to say the words for me to repeat and I did it. I did this FOR me, but I admit, his reaction was not all that I had thought it would be. So this morning I asked him, why did you say nothing.....
He said "I am afraid to say anything as you do not take things from me easily and I have kept quiet while you researched yourself for 6 months, and now you are muslim and I am so happy, but afraid to turn you back with my words." Makes me cry. Now I have to work on my patience with life and I hope it comes.......

Shokrun to all here and please encourage me on my journey. I rarely stick with anything long term and so I am very afraid of myself in this respect.....

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum Sister Diane..

Mubarak... and Congratulations ... I am very happy for you.. it just needed time I guess... Alhamdulilah... Masha Allah..

Insha Allah this decision will bring you happiness and success in this life and the hereafter.. Aameen..

Make dua for us.. at this moment you are very pure..

Assalamualaikum

al-muslimah

As of 9:40 P.M. last night I became a muslim. I don't know why but lying in bed with my eyes closed trying to sleep, I could not. I started thinking about islam and remembering posts from many of you and the happiness in my husbands face when I would ask him questions.......my heart skipped beats, my breath became shallow, as though a child very excited about something that was about to happen to him.....

I woke my husband and asked him to say the words for me to repeat and I did it. I did this FOR me, but I admit, his reaction was not all that I had thought it would be. So this morning I asked him, why did you say nothing.....
He said "I am afraid to say anything as you do not take things from me easily and I have kept quiet while you researched yourself for 6 months, and now you are muslim and I am so happy, but afraid to turn you back with my words." Makes me cry. Now I have to work on my patience with life and I hope it comes.......

Shokrun to all here and please encourage me on my journey. I rarely stick with anything long term and so I am very afraid of myself in this respect.....
:salam2:
congratulation sister:hearts:!! honestly you bought tears to my eyes*tears*!! im so happy of what you decided..and as sis mesbah said plz make doa'a for us ..your just like born new that dont have any sins..:wasalam:

Sakeena

ALLAHU AKBAR!

:SMILY252:

Asalam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu!!!

Diana I'm so happy for you!!! Welcome to Islam sister! We are now sisters in Islam! Alhamdulillah! Allahu Akbar! May Allah (swt) grant you Paradise! Amen!
:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:

*HUGS* We will help you sister. Don't worry and Allah (SWT) is watching over you all the time so put your trust in HIM (SWT) He truly loves you and I pray He accepts you inshallah. Amen!

I love you for the sake of Allah (SWT)!

Take care sister,

Salam,

Sakeena
:hearts:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

MASHALLAH!!!!

YOU REALLY ARE MY SISTER IN ALL ASPECTS NOW!!!!!!!!

remember sister...

just remember...

*ALLAHUAKBAR..ALLAHUAKBAR*

depend on Him..Glory be unto Him..He decreed Islam for you..do you think He will forsake you or take it away from you?

I'm about to burst into tears!!!

just pray to Allah to keep you where you are..and inshallah..you will find yourself there until the day of reckoning!

Ashhadu An La Ilaha Illa Allah..Wa Ashhadu Anna Mohammadan Abdoho Wa Rasolah

May Allah..keep you strong in faith..and committed in practice :hijabi:

Wa Alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatoh

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I am not a Brother.. I am a girl..

Assalamualaikum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:
Assalamu Alaykum

That is such wonderful news sister :) May Allah make things easy for you in this life and reward you with Jannah in the NExt Life.

Allahu Akbar - Allah is the Greatest

I was following your posts and you asked and have said many positive things about Islam. You sounded like a genuinely kind and sincere person. I am glad that Allah helped you and that you found the truth. Elhamdulillah

I ask Allah to give us all more knowledge of Islam and make us all come together to obey him and live our lives according to his Perfect words in the Quran and by his blessed Messenger Muhammad :saw:

:SMILY252: :SMILY252:

Once again Congratulations :) It is truly the best and most important decision anyone could ever make in their lives.

Remember we are here to help, so if you do have any questions, dont feel afraid to ask. We are your brothers and sisters in Islam, and will help you and your family as much as we can.

Take Care,

Wasalam

halah

Allah akbar,Allah akbar,Allah akbar

You really made my day;yesterday I was thinking about you and I wished to hear this good news,now your as a baby born sinless .May Allah srengthen your faith and firm your heart on His sraight path(Ameen):tti_sister:

Habasha Sister

What A nice News, Allahu Akbar, Last time I was wondering ur strength and good behaviour as a wife of a muslim Man, Alhamdulilah I am realy glad coz Allah lead u to Islam, Alhamdulilah, May Allah strenghthen ur Iman.:muslim_child::muslim_child::muslim_child:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Allahu-Akbar !!!

Allahu-Akbar !!!

:salam2: :)

Subhan-Allah, this is great news sister. I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you :). I have been reading your posts and a lot of us here had the feeling that its coming, mashaAllah.

May Allah guide you and help you in every walk of your life. May He strengthen your faith and make your coming to Islam a blessing and mercy to the whole mankind.

But Allâh has endeared the Faith to you and has beautified it in your hearts, and has made disbelief, wickedness and disobedience (to Allâh and His Messenger SAW) hateful to you. Such are they who are the rightly guided, (7) (This is) a Grace from Allâh and His Favour. And Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Wise. (8)
[Al-Hujurat]

:salam2: :)

dianek

Thank you EVERYONE for your comments! It is going to be a real challenge for me to change the way I view things, you all know how bull-headed I can be. I am going to try to do my first FORMAL prayer with my husband this evening........but boy am I fearful of my parents and my eldest daughter.....I think where they are concerned I will just keep quiet for a while. Please do keep me uplifted in prayer and spirits. But please tell me, is it a bad thing that I can not bare to here qu'ran recitations in Arabic.......I really can't. Then or now. I guess it is not knowing the language. Just like I coudn't handle watching spanish tv.....I hope that is the reason. I think what helped me seal the deal is watching a video of Lisa Killenger. She spoke so eloquently and she was American. It is so much easier for me to take from amongst my peers than my husband or his friends. If that makes sense. ALSO, seeing the news that I posted yesterday made me fearful for my children.

misalat

:salam2: Sister,

congratulation!
We are all so happy of what you decided..
i have been reading your recent posts ... you must be strict and strong on your decission :) ... just kidding...

May Allah forgive us all. Amin

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam sister in Islam

Congratulations and welcome to the family of 1.5 Billion in number and Subhannallah still growing as I write this.

I pray to Allah that he keeps you on the straight path and grants you all the goodness from this world and most definitely grants you and your husband the highest station in Jannah Inshallah Ameen.

Remember your slate of bad deeds has been wiped clean and you are now a new born :)

Peace2u

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum SISTER DIANE!!!!!!!

Masha Allah you had me in tears. Its so wonderful that we could be there to help you in your journey and that you made the most awesome decision of your life! I pray that Allah makes it easy for you and sends you good caring muslims to help you along the way and informed muslims who will always answer all your questions no matter how frustrated you may be. Insha Allah now you will have peace in your heart and may Allah bless your marriage as well and strenghthen it and increase your family in knowledge and worship and good deeds. (big cyber hug).

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Thank you EVERYONE for your comments! It is going to be a real challenge for me to change the way I view things, you all know how bull-headed I can be. I am going to try to do my first FORMAL prayer with my husband this evening........but boy am I fearful of my parents and my eldest daughter.....I think where they are concerned I will just keep quiet for a while. Please do keep me uplifted in prayer and spirits. But please tell me, is it a bad thing that I can not bare to here qu'ran recitations in Arabic.......I really can't. Then or now. I guess it is not knowing the language. Just like I coudn't handle watching spanish tv.....I hope that is the reason. I think what helped me seal the deal is watching a video of Lisa Killenger. She spoke so eloquently and she was American. It is so much easier for me to take from amongst my peers than my husband or his friends. If that makes sense. ALSO, seeing the news that I posted yesterday made me fearful for my children.

it's ok sister...it's understandable..like you said it's probably because you don't understand anything..and it gets frustrating...like hearing two people talking in a foreign language..it makes you feel uneasy..

i would suggest..reading the translation of the Qura'an..perhaps that will give you a feel of what is being recited..and you'll get familiar with the content of the each chapter..so when you hear the chapter recited in Arabic..you'll dig into that memory bank..and go..oh yeah..this chapter had such and such in it..hehe

and when you make your prayer tonight..pray for the ummah sister..
like many said..you are sinless..like a new-born..and Allah (swt) will accept any dua'a you make to Him..

besides yourself and your family....nobody is more worthy for dua'a..but our ummah

and sister..being bull-headed..might actually be of benefit for yourself as a Muslimah..and for your Muslim brothers and sisters..*if* you know how to take advantage of it!..so i don't view it as a horrible thing :hijabi:

keep us updated...and ALWAYS ask questions

alwaysislam

salams congratulations havnt spoke to you before i am also a new muslim and have read a few of your posts as you have progressed along i am sooo happy for you and wish you every success in the future i make dua that evrything goes well for you take it slowly and in your own time its really good that you had already made changes before accepting islam.If i can answer anything you need to know just ask i will try the best i can take care

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Thank you EVERYONE for your comments! It is going to be a real challenge for me to change the way I view things, you all know how bull-headed I can be. I am going to try to do my first FORMAL prayer with my husband this evening........but boy am I fearful of my parents and my eldest daughter.....I think where they are concerned I will just keep quiet for a while. Please do keep me uplifted in prayer and spirits. But please tell me, ****is it a bad thing that I can not bare to here qu'ran recitations in Arabic.......I really can't. Then or now. I guess it is not knowing the language. Just like I coudn't handle watching spanish tv.....I hope that is the reason. I think what helped me seal the deal is watching a video of Lisa Killenger. She spoke so eloquently and she was American. It is so much easier for me to take from amongst my peers than my husband or his friends. If that makes sense. ALSO, seeing the news that I posted yesterday made me fearful for my children.

Salam alaikum, welcome to Islam new sister! :) I know a lot of us were hoping this day would come.... :D
****Also, I think you need to listen to some Mishary Alafasy with English translations, how can anyone resist his soothing voice?! Lol.
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=mishary+2006&search=Search
Salam alaikum.

EDIT:
salams congratulations havnt spoke to you before i am also a new muslim and have read a few of your posts as you have progressed along i am sooo happy for you and wish you every success in the future i make dua that evrything goes well for you take it slowly and in your own time its really good that you had already made changes before accepting islam.If i can answer anything you need to know just ask i will try the best i can take care

Congratualtions on your reversion also - it's a great move I tell ya! Also, welcome to TTI, noticed it's your first post. Salam alaikum.

salahdin

asalama aleikumwa rahmatulahi wa barakatu sister and welcome to ISLAM i always say to my self that new muslims inspire me. they make me love ISLAM WHICH MANY BORN MUSLIMS TAKE IT FOR GRANTED may ALLAH help us acheive our goals in this world and here after amin asalama aleikumwa rahmatulahi wa barakatu sister.:SMILY206: