I have been struggling

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum:

I have been struggling with whether to make an announcement or complete an assignment given me. I have decided to make an announcement first.

When I left Christianity and my role as a minister, there was a huge empty space within my being. When I found Islam, Alhamdulillah, the emptiness was filled. I have remained close friends with my estranged wife for seven years. She has been a dear and close friend. However, we have, to my knowledge, both been celebrate since our separation over seven years ago. This is not in keeping with the Islamic Way. My estranged wife is "a good Christian Woman" who I had hoped would follow me into Islam making it possible to spend eternity together. This is not going to happen. I have made du'a concerning my situation and for sometime now have had the joy of communicating with one of the most intelligent, wise, knowledgeable, and amazing people that I have ever had the honor of knowing. Very recently, we have mutually proposed an Islamic Marriage between her and myself.

So, I am filled with gratitude to Allah as I make the announcement that Mirajmom and I will, Insha Allah, being having an Islamic marriage ceremony this coming Summer.

I have for the past 48 hours been researching my obligations as a husband to this wonderful Muslimah. All the details have not been finalized and, Insha Allah, will be soon. I have some matters to which I must attend and barring the necessity of visiting an Islamic Country, I see no obstacles to our Islamic Marriage; and, I look forward to spending eternity with this phenomena woman!

Shukran for reading this thread.

Was Sallam

I will now try and attend to my assignment. :)

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

MASHALLAH !!!!
i have great respect and love for both of you and specially logged in to wish u guys great wishes alhamdullillah.

but i hope i m reading right that mirajmom and u r marrying .otherwise it will mk a fool out of me . I have had a feeling of ur being lonely since i started reading ur posts and mashallah Allah cares best.
and sister ayman Mr frank and mirajmom are our elders and US citizens they sure know how to go about it.inshallah :)

CONGRATS AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arzafar

oh my gawd!!!
:mashallah: :mashallah: :mashallah:

I need to recollect my thoughts

"space reserved for more reaction"

edit:
ok here i am again. This is simply sensational!
Subhanallah this is great news. I am really happy for both of you. I pray that Allah makes this marriage hugely successful and brings lots of happiness to your lives. Ameen! (You guys really deserve it imo)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
..speechless! This is great news!

So, I am filled with gratitude to Allah as I make the announcement that Mirajmom and I will, Insha Allah, being having an Islamic marriage ceremony this coming Summer.

InshaAllaah, may Allaah aid you.

Wa-alaikum salaam.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu alalicum

Mashallah, Mashallah, that is so beautiful news. :). May Allah bless your marriege Inshallah,and reword you with a loot of happiness and blessings. Mabrook dear brother Frankh, Allah has blessed you with two things, with Islam and with marrying Muslim women, our dear sister Mirajmom.:hijabi:. Mashallah.

May Allah bless you always both. ameen summa ameen

:wasalam:

salahdin

Wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu bro Frank MASHALLAH and Congratulation to you and mirajmom who is by a wonderful person may ALLAH AZA WAJALAH make this marriage an everlasting one both here and the next life . Everything is written down .

Live With Women Honorably

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Live With Women Honorably

Allah said,

[وَعَاشِرُوهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ]

(And live with them honorably), by saying kind words to them, treating them kindly and making your appearance appealing for them, as much as you can, just as you like the same from them. Allah said in another Ayah,

[وَلَهُنَّ مِثْلُ الَّذِى عَلَيْهِنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ]

(And they have rights similar over them to what is reasonable) [2:228]. The Messenger of Allah said,

«خَيْرُكُمْ خَيْرُكُمْ لِأَهْلِهِ، وَأَنَا خَيْرُكُمْ لِأَهْلِي»

(The best among you is he who is the best with his family. Verily, I am the best one among you with my family.) It was the practice of the Messenger of Allah to be kind, cheerful, playful with his wives, compassionate, spending on them and laughing with them. The Messenger used to race with `A'ishah, the Mother of the Faithful, as a means of kindness to her. `A'ishah said, "The Messenger of Allah raced with me and I won the race. This occurred before I gained weight, and afterwards I raced with him again, and he won that race. He said,

«هذِهِ بِتِلْك»

(This [victory ] is for that [victory].)'' When the Prophet was at the home of one of his wives, sometimes all of his wives would meet there and eat together, and they would then go back to their homes. He and his wife would sleep in the same bed, he would remove his upper garment, sleeping in only his lower garment. The Prophet used to talk to the wife whose night it was, after praying `Isha' and before he went to sleep. Allah said,

[لَّقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌ]

(Indeed in the Messenger of Allah you have a good example to follow) [33:21]. Allah said,

[فَإِن كَرِهْتُمُوهُنَّ فَعَسَى أَن تَكْرَهُواْ شَيْئاً وَيَجْعَلَ اللَّهُ فِيهِ خَيْراً كَثِيراً]

(If you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing and Allah brings through it a great deal of good.) Allah says that your patience, which is demonstrated by keeping wives whom you dislike, carries good rewards for you in this life and the Hereafter. Ibn `Abbas commented on this Ayah, "That the husband may feel compassion towards his wife and Allah gives him a child with her, and this child carries tremendous goodness.'' An authentic Hadith states,

«لَا يَفْرَكْ مُؤْمِنٌ مُؤْمِنَةً، إِنْ سَخِطَ مِنْهَا خُلُقًا، رَضِيَ مِنْهَا آخَر»

(No believing man should hate his believing wife. If he dislikes a part of her conduct, he would surely like another.)

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

lilmuslimah

congratulations brother i am deeply happy for you, i hope allah swt gives you and ur wife to be countless blessings that inshallah will last for an eternity.

ma salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

My dear brothers and sisters we decided to make public our intentions such that blessings would descend upon us.
I am deeply humbled that such an honorable and noble Believing man would take me as his wife.
I am deeply in gratitude of each and everyone of you, my family, making dua for me.

Allah is True to His Word and He Answers the prayer of those who strive to please Him.

I seek the favor of Allah to please my future husband as a faithful Believing Muslim woman.

May this slave please Allah through marriage.

Alhumdulilia.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

I keep reading this again, and again [and yet again], to make sure I have understood and actually read what I've read. Maa shaa' Allaah, I'm very, very happy for the both of you...

Manaal_e_Afghan

Wa alaikum As Salam Wr wb
Congratulations
Ma sha Allah a great news
may Allah swt give you both many many happiness Ameen
Btw dont forget to send me the wedding invitation lol

Kakorot

:wasalam:

Congratulations brother Frank and sister Mirajmom.

May Allaah give you both good in this life, but the best in there hereafter, aameen.

ShyHijabi

Mabrrooooooook!!!!!!

This is so strange because a few weeks ago I was contemplating match making between you two. I felt you both were very compatible just by your writing style...if that makes any sense. Insh'Allah you will be immensely happy and grow warm in contentment as each other's mates. I am smiling so broadly right now my face hurts. :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Mashallah!

This is one of the good news that rarely occurs.
How beautiful it is to know two people accepting eachother as partners in life. It is extra special when this happens between two muslims and the main point of attraction happens to be their unshakable faith in the love of Allah.

Many congratulations to both of you and may it be the start of a blessed journey.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sweetest sister if you think you are smiling...

You were right. Everything I could desire and more: sugar coated with a cherry on top.

I am so grateful..I can not write at the moment...

Brother Ayman...your concern for my welfare brings tears to my eyes..