I think I'm going to be sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:salam2:, I hope you're all in the best state of health and iman.

Before anything, I would just like to clarify that I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here as I know that the topic has been raised many times on this board. But I'm past the point of being disturbed and I would like some clear answers.

Who would do something like this to a young girl fleeing from abuse? This is supposedly Taliban handiwork. Now I'm always someone that used to take their supposed actions with a grain of salt but this is simply too much to overlook.

(Be aware that this is an extremely disturbing link, so please view at your own discretion.)

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2007269,00.html

Once again, this isn't meant to lead into a discussion on whether or not the Taliban are good or bad. I would just like to know who would do something like this as I CLEARLY KNOW IT IS NOT ISLAMIC.

Valerie

:wasalam:

I saw that last night, I wasn't sure if I should post it. Unfortunately, people look at something like that and see it as how women are treated in Islam... I think the article said she's getting surgery (I didn't re-read it just now). It's so sad :(

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Wa'aleikum salaam,

I havent read the article (queasy stomach) but i assume some male members of her family abused her? unfortunately this goes on in many Muslim countries in the name of family honor. Ignorance just doesnt begin to justify these actions or lack of basic human compassion. Sadistic.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
The article says that the Taliban did that to her after she tried to flee her abusive in-laws. I've always been weary of anything that western media says about them but if they did do this, then it's a real eye-opener. And I'm the LAST person to tolerate anyone saying that this is how Islam treats women. Whoever did this is NOT Muslim.

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Question!

Why don't you search forthe crimes that Russia, USA and Nato have done for more than 30 years...

How could I trust a notice given from TIMES magazine... I don't know sister if this is true or not, so I would never put a similar thing taken from KUFAR magazines, televisions ecc...
All of them are against Islam, it is all the media that talk about Islam Islam Islam.. showing only this disgusting things.
WHY DON'T THEY SHOW THE REAL ISLAM ask to yourself a question...
Why don't they take a Islamic Scholar and explain all their questions from Islamic view, so people will get to know what Islam teaches...
Why don't they let Islamic scholars teach Islam in peace but they find the way to accuse them and put them in jail... or elsewhere...

I could go on with my wuestions but as you said
this isn't meant to lead into a discussion on whether or not the Taliban are good or bad. I would just like to know who would do something like this as I CLEARLY KNOW IT IS NOT ISLAMIC
We, alhamdulilah know it is not islamic, but I think that you must not put this kind of things specially WHEN YOU ARE NOT CERTAIN OF THE FONTS...

Alah says in the Qur'an:

O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done. (Al-Hujuraat 49: 6)

And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge (e.g. one's saying: "I have seen," while in fact he has not seen, or "I have heard," while he has not heard). Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allah). (Al-Israa 17: 36)

Before accusing the others, go and search by yourself if it is true.
I SIMPLY DO NOT BELIEVE IN KAFIR MEDIA
I BELIEVE IN WHAT ISLAM TEACHES US AND HOW TO TREAT EACH OTHER
ALHAMDULILAH IT IS ENOUGH FOR ME

Sorry that I am writing like that but I am a little bit disappointed when I see you brother take the notices from Kafir, knowing that they WRITE WHAT IS GOOD FOR THEM

Why don't they show the babies in falluja, the babies in gaza, the babies in afghanistan why?!
Because what they do is right and what we do is wrong... (that's what they think and how they convince people believe what they want the others to believe)

Salam alaykum

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Excuse me but I work at a nonprofit that works with Muslim women who have been affected by domestic violence. This is an affiliate organization that is helping to shelter this woman and is Women for Afghan Women, a very legitimate organization.

Additionally, Time Magazine is not like The Sun magazine or any other ridiculous tabloid. Unfortunate for the topic it is currently discussing, this happens to be legitimate. It's not easy for reputable media sources to publish a story on fraud. Go research it if you don't believe it.

Finally, this isn't a comparison study on who can commit worse crimes. You're talking about Falluja, Gaza, Afghanistan. Who is saying that two wrongs make a right? No one is talking about those crimes, granted that they are just as inhumane. We all know that the crimes kuffar are committing are unjust but this is a topic based on the crimes supposed muslims are committing and is NOT a comparison study so please do not make it one.

Finally, instead of getting emotional, you should read my question again before jumping to conclusions. I didn't say any Muslim did this, I said WHO would do this while stating who was supposedly accused of doing it.

And I'm a sister.

Almaas

Wa'alaykum asalaam.

The article says that the Taliban did that to her after she tried to flee her abusive in-laws. I've always been weary of anything that western media says about them but if they did do this, then it's a real eye-opener. And I'm the LAST person to tolerate anyone saying that this is how Islam treats women. Whoever did this is NOT Muslim.

They kinda blame everything on Talebaan. I'm not a supporter of them at all, but a lot of the time it's various individuals who commit these horrendous crimes. I mean if Talebaan ordered it then why did her husband and bro in law do the punishment themselves? Either way it's disgusting, people who inflict such pain on others, really do not have hearts or souls.

It's typical American propaganda. Why don't they show the Afghan women who've suffered at the hands of the US troops.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Wa'alaykum asalaam.

They kinda blame everything on Talebaan. I'm not a supporter of them at all, but a lot of the time it's various individuals who commit these horrendous crimes. I mean if Talebaan ordered it then why did her husband and bro in law do the punishment themselves? Either way it's disgusting, people who inflict such pain on others, really do not have hearts or souls.

It's typical American propaganda. Why don't they show the Afghan women who've suffered at the hands of the US troops.

I completely agree.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:salam2:

Its so easy for you to believe what TIME published? How far it can be authentic I can post tons of pics more brutal than this that happened to woman in USA so I label it as Christain Attrocity ?? or this is how Woman in Christianity are treated?

Just google it yourself about attrocities committed on woman in other countries then your conclusion would change I've got a picture similar like this of a Christain girl shot by her boyfriend but I don't like to post it here I can change the whole context

Valerie

Finally, this isn't a comparison study on who can commit worse crimes. You're talking about Falluja, Gaza, Afghanistan. Who is saying that two wrongs make a right? No one is talking about those crimes, granted that they are just as inhumane. We all know that the crimes kuffar are committing are unjust but this is a topic based on the crimes supposed muslims are committing and is NOT a comparison study so please do not make it one.

Great post (the whole thing) and I wanted to paste this part for emphasis.

Edit: I'm stepping out of this thread now, because I'm tired of everything being the fault of Americans. No one else has ever done anything wrong. Ever (yes, sarcasm). A magazine shed light on a horrible situation and the majority here just ignores it, because it takes away from the usual direction of finger pointing.

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

Look sister in islam,

Times and all the other magazines remain for me as a Muslim Kafir magazines.
I asked a clear question:
Why don't they try to explain real Islam?!
The I don't want to make a comparative article but as you are saying:
Finally, this isn't a comparison study on who can commit worse crimes.
I am not asking you to make a comparison study, I am asking
WHY DURING ALL THIS YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS Palestine, Iraq before and now, Chechenya, Kosovo, Bosnya, India... why don't they show WHAT they do to Muslims...

Understanding why they don't show I understand why they show the opposite.

PS: Try to think a little bit more on the ayat that I wrote on the post

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Its so easy for you to believe what TIME published? How far it can be authentic I can post tons of pics more brutal than this that happened to woman in USA so I label it as Christain Attrocity ?? or this is how Woman in Christianity are treated?

Just google it yourself about attrocities committed on woman in other countries then your conclusion would change I've got a picture similar like this of a Christain girl shot by her boyfriend but I don't like to post it here I can change the whole context

I'm sorry but is there a reason why so many people can't seem to understand my simple question? No one asked for a comparison study. Let me break it down for you in case it's difficult.

There is an extremely disturbing picture of a Muslim woman brutalized by supposed Muslims.

It is heartwrenching.

A certain group has been accused of doing it.

A question has been posed: Is this really the work of Muslims?

Do you see a request for a comparison study anywhere? We don't need to see the handiwork of the kuffar. This is an Islamic forum where most actions discussed are relevant to Muslims.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

This act is barbaric and not from Islam. Whoever did it was wrong and has to answer for his doings to Allah Almighty.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Look sister in islam,

Times and all the other magazines remain for me as a Muslim Kafir magazines.
I asked a clear question:
Why don't they try to explain real Islam?!
The I don't want to make a comparative article but as you are saying:

I am not asking you to make a comparison study, I am asking
WHY DURING ALL THIS YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS Palestine, Iraq before and now, Chechenya, Kosovo, Bosnya, India... why don't they show WHAT they do to Muslims...

Understanding why they don't show I understand why they show the opposite.

PS: Try to think a little bit more on the ayat that I wrote on the post

They don't try to explain the real Islam because there is no benefit in doing so for them. There won't be any gain in it for them. Additionally, they are not doing so because what they're finding in the form of brutality committed by supposed Muslims is far more appealing than their good deeds. Brutality sells, humanity does not.

Islam is under siege. Whatever they find that will promote it in a negative way, they will sell. However, that does NOT negate the fact that these things ARE happening.

I really wish that people would stop comparing brutality in this thread. My intention was not to start a thread on who can commit the worse crime. I understand that people are emotional about what is going on with our fellow Muslims, but as someone who is constantly defending the actions of Muslims, I would like to know if I am defending the wrong person in this case.

That's all.

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

Sister I said you that from islamic point of view we know ahamdulilah it is WRONG, it is not acceptable.

The real problem is that why don't they say it is a crime made by jealousy, by ignorance, by whatever you want BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM.

Why?! You like this magazine, why they don't treat the problem in this way, but they want to say necessarily it is made by talibans...

Once more I can not trust a magazine whose SOLDIERS are ALL AROUND THE WORLD... "providing peace to the nations..."

I think I could not be more clear than this

Abu Talib

Feeling low
I'm sorry but is there a reason why so many people can't seem to understand my simple question? No one asked for a comparison study. Let me break it down for you in case it's difficult.

There is an extremely disturbing picture of a Muslim woman brutalized by supposed Muslims.

It is heartwrenching.

A certain group has been accused of doing it.

A question has been posed: Is this really the work of Muslims?

Do you see a request for a comparison study anywhere? We don't need to see the handiwork of the kuffar. This is an Islamic forum where most actions discussed are relevant to Muslims.

How do you know they are supposed Muslims? That might be a result of Shrapnel caused by the bombs?

That's brutul who ever done it will not be spared by the punishment of Allaah.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
The real problem is that why don't they say it is a crime made by jealousy, by ignorance, by whatever you want BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM.

They did not state that this is an Islamic act, they stated that this was a MUSLIM act. There is a very big difference between Islam and Muslims today in case you haven't noticed. Many of today's Muslims do not reflect the real Islam.

Why?! You like this magazine, why they don't treat the problem in this way, but they want to say necessarily it is made by talibans...

Um I do not like this magazine.

I don't know where you got the impression that I like this magazine.

I never said I like this magazine.

Please don't make any assumptions about me liking this magazine just because I posted a link to an article from it.

Posting an article from a magazine does not mean you like that magazine.

Once more I can not trust a magazine whose SOLDIERS are ALL AROUND THE WORLD... "providing peace to the nations..."

I see. Just curious, what would you say if they told you the earth was round and the sky was blue?

There is a saying that a monkey can sit at a typewriter and eventually type out a word one day. Even though many of their sources are not trustworthy, that doesn't mean that EVERYTHING they say is invalid. I am suspicous of western media as well, but can you explain to me how a picture like this can be faked? And moreso, how can an actual person like this be faked when this is in fact a real person?

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

Sister, I try to take information and put on Turn to Islam and other Islamic forums, from authentic fonts.

Authentic for me means, acting upon Qur'an and Sunnah.
times does not act so, and for me nothing can be taken from them.
So I don't put in this forum things that goes against Muslims, that are taken from this Medias... because if I would put, it means that I believe in them, maybe not 100% but 30-40%

Alhamdulilah you know what is Islamic and what is Muslim, but when you say to people in USA, Italy, France, germany, Spain even in Muslim land A MUSLIM MADE SUCH AND SUCH... unfortunately sister they say: ISLAM says such and such, or Islam allows such and such, because THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ISLAM.

When I read a certain article, if I don't know the right path, I think all talibans, all muslims in afhanistan make such horrible things, and I think that "their islam" allows that, so i think that USA and Nato is making a right war there, they are freeing women there, they are puting "democracy"... and USA and Nato are "the angels"... that's the MAIN MESSAGE that their media show us
They are right we are wrong...
You want to rule by Allah's rule and they say no no... democracy is better...

I repeat and read what i wrote before too, we know it is absolutely forbidden by islam to make such things. I said you also why don't they say abuse in family, a man treates so his wife... for jealousy happened such and such... for ignorance happened such and such... But they say A MUSLIM MADE SUCH AND SUCH
It can be a Muslim that has made this, but I am trying to tell you simply, and we alahmdulilah know the difference between what Muslims do and what Islam teaches:

When they say a Muslim made this; for people that don't know Islam = Islam teaches this.

I think you got the question

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Sister, I'm sorry but do you see how off topic you are?

My intention was to keep the discussion within topic which is: Are this group of Muslims that I spend my time defending really doing this?

And you have now taken the discussion to: The West believes this is Islam.

What does one have to do with the other? What does the West's perception of Islam have to do with this girl being brutalized by Muslims? Are you saying that this happened because the West believes that this is what Islam is?

My point? You are SERIOUSLY going off topic. If this is so important to you, then feel free to start your own thread on all western atrocities. But please refrain from going off topic in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.