I think I'm going to be sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
How do you know they are supposed Muslims? That might be a result of Shrapnel caused by the bombs?

I feel like I'm going in one big circle.

Sigh, I did NOT say it was MY belief that Muslims did this. I said that Time Magazine is saying that THIS WOMAN said that Taliban did this to her after she tried to leave her abusive in-laws.

Valerie

Okay I can't stay away. Unfortuantely, not every person who claims to be muslim is a good person. It's sad, but they're out there. That goes for every religion too. People aren't perfect.

As far as news organizations go, not a single one on the face of the planet tells pure truth without bias. EVERY news organization, regardless of where it is. It's why I have a journalism degree collecting dust. I refuse to be a part of it.

No one said that the way this woman was treated was the Islamic way of doing things. People will jump to that conclusion because of where she is from and one group of people calling themselves muslims do not represent everyone. That would be like saying the Westboro Baptist Church represents all Christians (don't know who they are? Look up Fred Phelps, but I warn you, he's not a nice person). It is better to show others that it is NOT the way of doing things and show Islam in a positive light rather than say, "Yeah, well look what that person over there is doing." That does nothing to clear Islam of guilt in this situation.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
the way we beleive in newspapers, if we beleive half of it it in Quraan and sunnah, we will get high levels in paradise.

Times posted it and everyone beleived it, even knowing that how crappy that media is, against muslims.. wow!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Okay. Fine. Those of us who believe that a Muslim could possibly have done this because of course Muslims are angels and not human beings, are lunatics. *Gasp!* How could we possibly even entertain the thought that a Muslim could commit a crime?!

I apologize for having uttered such blasphemy even though I never personally even said that I saw a Muslim doing the act. This was in response to someone else saying it, particularly since it was the victim herself who stated it. But since this was an interview given in Time Magazine and not Al-Jazeera, it is obvious that many here have given fatwas stating that it is clearly hocus pocus and not real at all.

Since this thread has now become an attack on any media that represents one or more Muslims in a bad light because God knows that we can do know wrong, I see no point in continuing this discussion.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
how easily we beleive that muslim has committed a crime but when a french mother kills her chldren, no one bothers writting about it

Every one makes mistakes but we are always just looking at one side of picture..

Valerie

how easily we beleive that muslim has committed a crime but when a french mother kills her chldren, no one bothers writting about it

Every one makes mistakes but we are always just looking at one side of picture..

Actually I saw that article this morning and someone posted it in the news section. And the majority of this thread has been people denying it or blaming it on someone else or just derailing it to focus on other, still terrible, things. People aren't believing, let alone easily, that this woman's story is true.

Edit: And cutting off someone's nose and ears isn't a "mistake".

Gernada1492

A Muslim
ok .. i assume its true.. so all the problems in this world are now solved? everything is back to normal? has the poverty gone? has everyone started living in peace?

Valerie

ok .. i assume its true.. so all the problems in this world are now solved? everything is back to normal? has the poverty gone? has everyone started living in peace?

And if we look at the woman in france killing her children, knowing that is true makes everything okay? Yes we should focus on making this world better, but it won't get better if people deny that bad things happen, things that need to be stopped, awareness needs to be raised.

This planet is covered with imperfect, and at times evil, humans, regardless of gender, religion or race. Saying that a person of a certain religion, race or gender is completely incapable of doing something evil will mean that the world will never see peace. It's up to the good people to protect those who can't take care of themselves, whether they be a woman in Afghanistan or infants in France and work to not let it happen again.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Ya Rabb.:tti_sister:

I don't know if I'm speaking a foreign language.

But for the 5.9 BILLIONTH TIME:

This.

Thread.

Is.

About.

THIS INCIDENT.

I have no idea why people are trying to hijack this thread and make it about what they want it to be about.

Start your own thread. Stop hijacking mine and turning it into what YOU want it to be about.

Seriously people, enough is enough.

arzafar

Truth is the first casualty of war. the story is typical american propaganda to demonize the enemy; in this case the taliban.

yes it's a terrible act but these acts have been happening for centuries in many tribes in afghanistan, south asia, Africa, middle east etc. now just because it was the taliban who allegedly did this, the story finds its way to the cover of the times magazine. In fact the northern alliance (us and nato's parters in Afghanistan) have done a lot worse although off course that is not newsworthy for the Times.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
Moderators please?

OR its still a soft tone?

i didnt discuss anything apart from that incident or did i ?

Ya Rabb.:tti_sister:

I don't know if I'm speaking a foreign language.

But for the 5.9 BILLIONTH TIME:

This.

Thread.

Is.

About.

THIS INCIDENT.

I have no idea why people are trying to hijack this thread and make it about what they want it to be about.

Start your own thread. Stop hijacking mine and turning it into what YOU want it to be about.

Seriously people, enough is enough.

GAZIJA

Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

keep the topic going into right direction or I will close:SMILY149: it

as far as it goes about this article, I saw a report on the Night News I think and this has nothing to do with Taliban, but with an abusive husband. also as far as i remember they said, that she has been sold by her parents to that person, because parents could not pay him back.

Now, this has nothing to do with Taliban, but with a person who is not fearing Allah and thinks he can do what ever he wants.

Also this has been reported by western media and is used to form peoples opinion about Afghan people and Taliban and justified the war. If no Afghan muslim can confirm this or denied it is open for discussion.

assalamu alaykum

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

Muslims are not saints and we are definitely not exempt from committing atrocious sins. We must also remember that there are many Muslims who do not know their own religion and often act off their own cultural and personal beliefs rather than shariah.

If this story is true, and this particular magazine can be sued for libel if it is proven false, then these perpetrators should be punished accordingly to the shariah. If you take a life in Islam, then your life is forfeit. If you maim a person then you can be punished the same way. Unfortunately many governments are corrupt (East and West) and often times money makes people turn away from justice.

I think justice is going extinct across the planet, people are committing heinious crimes and either escaping justice or serving virutally no time in prison for their offenses. So sister, it can be possible for a person who claims they are Muslim to commit an act like this. Is it right? Absolutely not, but I do not know what the answer is. Seems like we would rather turn our faces away than acknowledge a Muslim sister was harmed by one of her own. There needs to be some serious questioning done around this situation and people brought to justice.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu Alaykum,

keep the topic going into right direction or I will close:SMILY149: it

as far as it goes about this article, I saw a report on the Night News I think and this has nothing to do with Taliban, but with an abusive husband. also as far as i remember they said, that she has been sold by her parents to that person, because parents could not pay him back.

Now, this has nothing to do with Taliban, but with a person who is not fearing Allah and thinks he can do what ever he wants.

Also this has been reported by western media and is used to form peoples opinion about Afghan people and Taliban and justified the war. If no Afghan muslim can confirm this or denied it is open for discussion.

assalamu alaykum

:wasalam:

Loved reading this. Just because it was TIME magazine people started to trust it no one knows who is that girl may be just some girl they made her pose for a conspiracy against the Aghans.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let us slow down. Let us remember who we are.

Shahnaz, no-one is hijacking your thread. They are discussing your thread. It is going in way that you had not anticipated.

On the few days before Ramadan Time Warner, ( AOL ) pastes a cover of a girl and blames it on the Taliban.

I have not read the article. I am biased. I do not trust TM.

I am not going to a comparison of what the US does to its women. I have seen it for myself. It is not front page as it is so usual. One finds the new on the news blotter under domestic abuse.

This is a direct insult to Muslim men. It dishonors Muslim men.

How do we know it is the truth. That is what the responders are stating. We do not know. How can we trust TM. We can not.

I will not trust TM. They are part of the propaganda machine.

I feel for the girl. I do not know the truth. But I know TM's version is not the truth. It is as far away from the truth as white is from black.

Valerie

:wasalam:

Loved reading this. Just because it was TIME magazine people started to trust it no one knows who is that girl may be just some girl they made her pose for a conspiracy against the Aghans.

The reverse is also true on this thread.. Just because it was TIME magazine, people said it's false.. Automatically assume because it's Americans that it's a lie. Regardless of the situation, I sincerely hope that whoever is responsible for harming her will get the punishment they deserve.

Edit: propaganda goes both ways too. While Time magazine may be doing one, how do you know what you see in your country isn't propaganda too. I'm not a fan of the media, but I'm tired of "pot calling the kettle black" situations.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

TM ( AOL) was sued four years ago for allowing defamation of Muslims on the AOL chat rooms.

It is not the Americans. TM is in bed with the Zionists. And that is a fact.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
This is sick. The men who did this should be hung.

Sadly, cultural things like this are rampant in under-developed countries. Reminds me of cases of FGM as well as honour killings, none of which are in the Qur'an or SUNNAH, to my knowledge.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
If the case is real whether be it Muslims or Non Muslims we all condemn it and Islam does not allow any human being to harm any other at any cost. Crime on woman happen in each society and in every continent my point is why only Aghanistan was picked up for the cover page Africa is more outrageous why not any woman from there on the cover page? How about those girls who have been stomped by there boyfriends why aren't they on the cover page of TIME.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
And if we look at the woman in france killing her children, knowing that is true makes everything okay? Yes we should focus on making this world better, but it won't get better if people deny that bad things happen, things that need to be stopped, awareness needs to be raised.

This planet is covered with imperfect, and at times evil, humans, regardless of gender, religion or race. Saying that a person of a certain religion, race or gender is completely incapable of doing something evil will mean that the world will never see peace. It's up to the good people to protect those who can't take care of themselves, whether they be a woman in Afghanistan or infants in France and work to not let it happen again.

i meant to say why we didnt talk about that issue of french woman? there are many other killings but why this? just because it was advertised by times? recently, there was incident here in uk, when one man killed many british.. did any one bothered posting abt that? and discussing abt that?

Washinton[post, ny times and one more newspaper ( i forgot its name), it is said abt them taht all other newspapers give the world, news but these 3 give issues, which help in making news later on.. ask any journalist, he will tell u the same

When u dont beleive in the media, then why trusting all this? knowing that there is a campaign going on against pakistan and afhganistan and islam?
Arent we getting too soft just to look at our own mistakes all the time , not even knowing if its our mistake or not?

kill any ant, and blame it on taliban.. its soo easy.. they are being used as escape goat these days. Dont forget to tell NyTimes abt it. They might give ur issue, a place on front. :d

Status
Not open for further replies.