I think I'm going to be sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
If the case is real whether be it Muslims or Non Muslims we all condemn it and Islam does not allow any human being to harm any other at any cost. Crime on woman happen in each society and in every continent my point is why only Aghanistan was picked up for the cover page Africa is more outrageous why not any woman from there on the cover page? How about those girls who have been stomped by there boyfriends why aren't they on the cover page of TIME.

There we go :)

Valerie

i meant to say why we didnt talk about that issue of french woman? there are many other killings but why this? just because it was advertised by times? recently, there was incident here in uk, when one man killed many british.. did any one bothered posting abt that? and discussing abt that?

Feel free to create a new thread with this. But the main reason this was posted here was because of the nature of the story. You can ask the person who posted it, but that would be my guess. There are murders every day in the US, but they're not relevant to this forum. And really, the story about the French woman isn't either, but it's really sad.

Washinton[post, ny times and one more newspaper ( i forgot its name), it is said abt them taht all other newspapers give the world, news but these 3 give issues, which help in making news later on.. ask any journalist, he will tell u the same

Okay. I'm sure that they are completely unique and that no newspaper outside the US deals with issues instead of news. That sounds like a conspiracy theory though.

When u dont beleive in the media, then why trusting all this? knowing that there is a campaign going on against pakistan and afhganistan and islam?

While I don't trust everything they say, a picture says a lot. Look at that woman's face and tell me she hasn't been wronged. She may be wrong about who did it to her, but what if she isn't? I don't believe everything in the media that is said about Islam and countries where it is the majority. But do people in those countries believe all the nasty things said about the US? Bias is okay one way but not the other? False reports and bias are never okay. So I wouldn't fully trust the media in ANY country.

Arent we getting too soft just to look at our own mistakes all the time , not even knowing if its our mistake or not?

And that's why people shouldn't just accept what they're told. They need to learn, to find truth. You're not the one who did that to the woman on the cover of Time, but if someone who claims to be Muslim did, wouldn't it be good to write in to some of these magazines, or something useful, to let them know that those people don't represent you. To say it's some lie by American media doesn't help at all... Frankly I think many people would expect that kind of reaction.

kill any ant, and blame it on taliban.. its soo easy.. they are being used as escape goat these days. Dont forget to tell NyTimes abt it. They might give ur issue, a place on front. :d

Alrighty then. But we're not talking about some little ant, bug, whatever here. We're talking about a person who had her nose and ears cut off. That seems to be what's bothering me most here. We have a human being who was put through a horrible situation and she says who she believes did it and it's made out to be nothing more than just propaganda. Her suffering has been minimized on this thread because no one wants to believe that a Muslim can do wrong, especially not the Taliban. People seem to think that it is a far worse crime to blame someone for this than the actual act of chopping parts of someone's face off. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The issue here is very simple. Muslims are being targeted for maliciously disfiguring a girl.
The story is on the cover of a magazine that has a reputation of being anti-Muslim.
Thus, many members of the forum are stating we need facts before we accuse anyone of this horrific crime.
Additionally, many sane voices are stating this is against the grain of the faith.

Time has not presented a balance. There are no photographs of the victims of torture in Guantanamo. Where are the photographs of the children who are being butchered every moment in Gaza.

Time magazine is just that. It is a magazine. One does not expect anything but sensational journalism from it. Case in point, when I was teaching on a collegiate level I would not accept any article from a magazine such as Time for primary or secondary sources. It is wasted journalism.

There is no need for any arguments on this thread.

I am confused. Why all this fuss. We have not had any discussions on the torture of Muslims in the prisons here. We have not had any coverage on the constant rape of Muslim girls in Afghanistan.

Time magazine and its editors have succeeded. They have managed to have Muslims doubt themselves and cast suspicion on each other. This is the work of shytan.

In reading the responses a few voices have remembered we are Muslim. Others are becoming emotional. Do not doubt Muslims, please.

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done. And know that, among you there is the Messenger of Allah (SAW). If he were to obey you (i.e. follow your opinions and desires) in much of the matter, you would surely be in trouble, but Allah has endeared the Faith to you and has beautified it in your hearts, and has made disbelief, wickedness and disobedience (to Allah and His Messenger SAW) hateful to you. These! They are the rightly guided ones, (This is) a Grace from Allah and His Favour. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise. (Al-Hujuraat 49: 6-8)

More Islamically than this I don't know if you can treat this THREAD...
Allah subhana wa ta'ala is clear, and makes us clear:
O Muslims,pay atention where you take information from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Puting a similar photo in first page... what does it mean?!
I wonder why are you so close minded?!
As for who says I am tired of hearing always stuff against USA, I say:
I am tired of hearing every day accusing Muslims and Islam, for something that you are not shure that they have done.
And I am telling you people from the begging SEE; INVESTIGATE, CALL A PERSON THAT YOU KNOW IN AFGHANISTAN THAT IS NEAR THIS PLACE AND ASK HIM DIRECTLY...

Further even if he was a Muslim, what can we do... We don't accept it, it's horrible...
But if one muslim makes an error... what should I do... He makes his error he will answer for himself..
Allah does not punish you and me for the mistake of another muslim...
I think this concept is clear in the Qur'an...

And I say:
Reflect on this ayat, reflect, reflect...

And follow not (O man i.e., say not, or do not or witness not, etc.) that of which you have no knowledge (e.g. one's saying: "I have seen," while in fact he has not seen, or "I have heard," while he has not heard). Verily! The hearing, and the sight, and the heart, of each of those you will be questioned (by Allah). (Al-Israa 17: 36)

And the last thing (that is very difficult to be accepted from a lot of us):

Do they then seek the judgement of (the Days of) Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allah for a people who have firm Faith. O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians as Auliya' (friends, protectors, helpers, etc.), they are but Auliya' to one another. And if any amongst you takes them as Auliya', then surely he is one of them. Verily, Allah guides not those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers and unjust) (Al Maaida 5: 50-51)

Alhamdulilah, Allah subhana wa ta'ala teaches us how to treat each-other (man-man, man-woman, man-children, woman-woman) alhamdulilah everything is clear in the Deen of Allah.

But remember o people, USA is doing everything against us together with Israel, because this matter is not simply a matter of killing, abusing, or maltreating a woman... it is a issue of 'Aqeedah!!!
They are trying to MAKE EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE ISLAM AND MUSLIMS LOOK like they want it to look like!!!

And I don't think I am out of the "TOPIC"... whether we must think over ths ayat firstly...
then if a notice is true, punish who commits such a horrible thing as Islam teaches to do, and make every effort to stop this...
No Muslim is saint but not every crime or error that could probably have be done by a muslim, should go in TIMES magazine or in first pages of other Media... It seems that we are who make bombs, we torture women, we maltreat our children... and I am tired of listening to all this blasphemy, lies...

Western countries seems that they don't have problems, to put "Islamic social problems" (that they invent in most of cases) in the first page...
EVEN IF IT IS TRUE WHY SHOULD IT BE PUT IN THE FIRST PAGE...
THINK ABOUT THEIR PROPAGANDA...
They should have the popular consent to Continue what they are doing from many years in Muslim lands...

arzafar

the Times is famous for quoting officials and anonymousness sources. They take a story and push their own (US/Zionist) agenda through it. Offourse their story maybe true but successful propaganda is always based on some truth.
for eg. the cover shows the picture of the girl and then the question they ask is "what happens when we leave Afghanistan?"
similarly after the fort hood incident they had maj nidal on the cover and the question was "Why no mention of islam?"

I for one would be fairly pleased if the US stays in af-pak for a few more years. Many thousands will be killed but at least US imperialism will bleed a slow death much like USSR did from 1979-89. UN just removed the names of 5 taliban officials from the terrorist list most likely trying to tempt them into negotiations. Hopefully the taliban will keep the heat up and not pay attention to such tricks. They can always watch the following prep talk for motivation (as if they need any)

[yt]WaiJtLrEwVU[/yt]

or perhaps this photo may bring back some fond memories for haqqani and hekmatyar.
reagantalibankf6.jpg

Gernada1492

A Muslim
Feel free to create a new thread with this. But the main reason this was posted here was because of the nature of the story. You can ask the person who posted it, but that would be my guess. There are murders every day in the US, but they're not relevant to this forum. And really, the story about the French woman isn't either, but it's really sad.

Okay. I'm sure that they are completely unique and that no newspaper outside the US deals with issues instead of news. That sounds like a conspiracy theory though.

While I don't trust everything they say, a picture says a lot. Look at that woman's face and tell me she hasn't been wronged. She may be wrong about who did it to her, but what if she isn't? I don't believe everything in the media that is said about Islam and countries where it is the majority. But do people in those countries believe all the nasty things said about the US? Bias is okay one way but not the other? False reports and bias are never okay. So I wouldn't fully trust the media in ANY country.

And that's why people shouldn't just accept what they're told. They need to learn, to find truth. You're not the one who did that to the woman on the cover of Time, but if someone who claims to be Muslim did, wouldn't it be good to write in to some of these magazines, or something useful, to let them know that those people don't represent you. To say it's some lie by American media doesn't help at all... Frankly I think many people would expect that kind of reaction.

Alrighty then. But we're not talking about some little ant, bug, whatever here. We're talking about a person who had her nose and ears cut off. That seems to be what's bothering me most here. We have a human being who was put through a horrible situation and she says who she believes did it and it's made out to be nothing more than just propaganda. Her suffering has been minimized on this thread because no one wants to believe that a Muslim can do wrong, especially not the Taliban. People seem to think that it is a far worse crime to blame someone for this than the actual act of chopping parts of someone's face off. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.
No one is saying that muslims cant commit crime but thsi times magazine is full of bluff..
anyways.. your answer was very appropriate this time.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Saalam alaikum wa rahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu

I will not comment in this matter.
Coz I know what is Islam...alhamdu li Allah....but I dont know for what this thread is here?
Islam is fulfilled, so what does we need? why question arises?Allah subnahanahu wa ta'la knows...
indeed He knows the best

wassalam

TipuSultan

Banned
And if we look at the woman in france killing her children, knowing that is true makes everything okay? Yes we should focus on making this world better, but it won't get better if people deny that bad things happen, things that need to be stopped, awareness needs to be raised.

This planet is covered with imperfect, and at times evil, humans, regardless of gender, religion or race. Saying that a person of a certain religion, race or gender is completely incapable of doing something evil will mean that the world will never see peace. It's up to the good people to protect those who can't take care of themselves, whether they be a woman in Afghanistan or infants in France and work to not let it happen again.

:salam2:
i posted that france thing :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Let me reword this one last time.

We all agree the act was horrific.

But we know the publication, Time magazine, is not to be trusted.

We can not blindly accept the accusation and blame it on the Taliban.

Therefore as many have suggested anymore time on this is simply speculation. And unnecessary.

Muslims can not cast doubt on each other. Muslims can not cast doubt on each other.

Gernada1492

A Muslim
Assalaam walaikum,

Therefore as many have suggested anymore time on this is simply speculation. And unnecessary.

Muslims can not cast doubt on each other. Muslims can not cast doubt on each other.
absolutely right mom

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalaam walaikum,

:salam2:
I second that completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.