I want to Miss eid out

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Salaam,
To the brother who wants to skip Eid think of what you are saying. Do you really want to disobey the commands of Allah subhana talla? By going to the masjid you make a path similar to the others who attend. You have made a connection.
By saying Assalaam walaikum to another Muslim you have made a connection far stronger than mere friendship. You have laid the foundation for eternity.

:salam2:

Brother Bilaal went to the masjid and prayed the Eid prayer. He's just unhappy that he was not summoned by the Muslims in his place knowing that he lives alone.

Why on earth are you working on a day that Allah has specified for us to celebrate.

..Because we can't pray :) and celebrating it with a lot of people is not a must so it's ok to be alone and thank Allaah swt for all the blessings and make dhikr.

:wasalam:

Kayote

Salam,

While I can understand where Bilal Ahmad is coming from but based from my personal experience, I cannot help but call out that it is partly (atleast) our own doing that we donot have anywhere to go.

Masha'Allah you have the most wonderful opportunity in Eid prayers to go and be with other muslim brothers. I mean (and this is also from my personal experience), so many people would love to embrace you after the prayers that eventually you would want to walk to a corner to take a breather...

Brother, go out there and make an effort to integrate. I was and am in exactly the same position but I enjoyed the smile on people's faces. Yes, I missed my father (who is not going to be sheltering me through the rest of my life on this earth) but that just reminded me to ask Allah to bless my father even more.

Be positive and pro-active. You and I can achieve anything we set out to do. Insha'Allah.

Salam

kayleigh

Salaam,

Why on earth are you working on a day that Allah has specified for us to celebrate. No company in the US can make you work on a religious holiday. So take the day off. If you work you make it harder on other Muslims.
To the sister who wrote she has a difficult time making friends with other females be careful. We are Muslim women. We do not make friends with men.

I work for part of the day because I need to, and want to - what else would I be missing? Sitting at home and studying? Because that's what I would be doing. If I didn't work, I wouldn't have had a car, so I wouldn't have gone to Eid prayers. I'm hardly making it harder on Muslims, simply because one girl, who no one knows is Muslim, in one small store, worked a 5 hour shift. Working a few hours on a holiday trumps not being able to pay for school.

I specifically stated the reason I don't have Muslim friends/many friends in general now is because I don't usually get along with women. Therefore, one would logically come to the conclusion without too much effort, that I don't have any male friends.

shahidah123

Salaam,

im not looking forward to eid coz
every1 going to go out and enjoy them self but me im going to be stuck at home doing nothing.

why because i got no 1 to celabrate eid with.

all my family going out with their friends, my friend is going out with his family and me, im left all alone as always.

Whats the point of Eid if you cant celabrated with any1, might aswel go to sleep all day so it seem like eid never happen.

anyway every1 else enjoy your eid.

Eid Mabarak

MasyaAllah. Relax, i don't have my family with me either but i make it an effort to cook special dishes specially for this Eid day, eventhough it was my first time, Alhamdulillah, it turned out good. Put on a nice, clean or new clothing, go to the mosque for Eid prayer, come back and start eating. InsyaAllah you will be fine. Afterall Eid is a celebration of our personal victory against our own nafs. The more, the merrier, otherwise it is for us to reflect on our own achievement in Ramadhan and get ourselves closer to Allah s.w.t., InsyaAllah.

arabiantxn

All that said yes if you go to the masjid you will meet people and people will meet you. that’s how you start to make friends and that’s how people will start to know you. I know its a bit hard cause, we Muslims have issues, and sometimes we are not open and friendly. If you say salaam aliqum introduce your self and bring forth your hand for shaking it I think people of the mosque will slowly start to know you accept you and be friends with you. It’s not that hard you have to make your effort.
please make dua for the state of muslims all around you to give them brotherly/sisterly - love.
:salah: :tti_sister: