In which age is permissible to get marry by Shariah Low????

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Yes, i understand....
I am very sorry if I hurt you. believe me, its not my intention to do that.

i really hope that you understand that we all are NOT blaming you to ask the question.... We are just saying that be VERy careful about what you ask

If i ever hurt you sis, please forgive me...

:salam2:

Sister it is late when you hurt someone,but it is fine for the sake of Allah.We are Muslims and we should forgive.

Allah knows His real sevrents,and Allah gave us the right to ask even for the answers wich we do not understand,and not with our mind but with our hearts.

May Allah guide us all.

:wasalam:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
I consider me as a child with age of 20. doctor will consider me not child cause i have reached puberty.

I consider my selfe a child too with age of 19,and that i why I can not understand how litle baby of 8-9 years can get marry,Astagfirullah.

in your home maybe babies cry at age of 6, but not in our society.

I live too in Islamic society Alhamdulillah,where babys of 6 year cry like baybs everywhere Alhamdulillah.And which is "our society"???

questioning is a way of avoiding answer.

No brother.It is not avoiding answer,but about to give you answer which you will probably not understand.SubhanAllah.

who are this WE in your sentence? your own opinion or any statistic?

Alhamdulilalh I meant on medical and siecence statistics.

Sure for my mother i am still a child and she feeds me also one time everyday

Mashallah,mashallah that your mother still feeds you,she can dress you too Inshallah.
My mumy was dressing me when I was 9.

let decide brotehr and sister after reading your post inshallah.

Allah is my witnees brother that I could never say something against Allah subhan we teal and my beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. who I love more than anything,and I only do not undestand how some words can come from my brothers and sisters in Islaam.

But Alhamdulillah Allah knows and Allah is enough.

May Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong,but Allah knows it was never my intention.

daywalker

Mashallah,mashallah that your mother still feeds you,she can dress you too Inshallah.
My mumy was dressing me when I was 9.
she isn´t allowed cause since age of 13 i have reached my puberty.otherwise she would have do that also.
Allah is my witnees brother that I could never say something against Allah subhan we teal and my beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. who I love more than anything,and I only do not undestand how some words can come from my brothers and sisters in Islaam.
which word from brother and sister? that prophet(sw) married aisha age of 9?

mhamzah

I read the article sister Safiyah posted..and I spent hours last night reading into the authentic sources either giving the age of Sayidatina Aisha (raa) and/or rebuttling the *very article* posted...of course..now that I know what is correct it is my duty to say that the article posted is *faulty* and it even contain quotes NOT present in the books quoted..in other words the writer *made up* quotes..he cut certain quotes and even MISREAD words in Arabic!..sobhanallah (and sister Safiyah..please do not take this as a claim made against *you*..I still say jazaki allah khair for spending the time to look it up for our benefit :)..but I am telling what I have learned as it is my duty)

While reading a study made (specifically rebuttling this article)..and while I was consumed in going back and forth between the two to re-read and re-check certain points...

Jazakallah Khair sister for taking the time to do the research. Can you please provide us with the links of the articles refuting the claims (don't get me wrong I am not challenging the veracity of your claim).

Salam Alakum,

IslamicGirl24

As muslims, it is our primary believe that whatever Allah swt does something.... it has a hikmah behind it. There are somethings which we can reason with but there are somethings that we cannot reason with... right??

Alhamdulillah you understand that Allah almighty has knowledge about everything... He swt knows about the past, present and the future better than us.

Allah almighty chose this marriage for Aisha R.A and Muhammad S.A.W. He swt ordered the prophet to marry Hazhrat Aisha at the age of 9. So, He swt knows alone that why did He swt order such a thing...

being married ,sister, even in childhood, is NOT a bad thing....
Even if you say that Aisha R.A was still a child, so what?? nothing bad happened to her. She used to play games with the Prophet and she was very happy about the marriage. She NEVER said that the marriage could have happened later on.. did she?? So, it shows that she was contented about it..

safiya58

(what I'm about to write is directed towards *EVERYBODY* participating in this thread..reading it and/or posting in it)

Let's approach this issue from this aspect..

Let's assume that from the Qura'an we can bring a *diamond clear* ayaah allowing the marriage of "children" (according to what a couple of us said)..and let's say we can bring a *diamond clear 100% authentication-concrete* hadith..also allowing the marriage of "children"

WHAT WILL WE DO THEN?

a. Are we going to think that Allah (swt) is unfair and unjust and we reject His will/command? (astaghfirullah al-'aliy al-adheem)

OR

b. Are we going to doubt the noble character of Rasulullah (saaws) and think how DARE he marry a child? (astaghfirullah al-adheem)

Either way we will be thinking of A VILE THING!..we would have tossed ourselves into a dangerous and murky lake of water with SHAITAN waiting at the bottom DYING to drag us DOWN! (ao'otho billah!)

I read the article sister Safiyah posted..and I spent hours last night reading into the authentic sources either giving the age of Sayidatina Aisha (raa) and/or rebuttling the *very article* posted...of course..now that I know what is correct it is my duty to say that the article posted is *faulty* and it even contain quotes NOT present in the books quoted..in other words the writer *made up* quotes..he cut certain quotes and even MISREAD words in Arabic!..sobhanallah (and sister Safiyah..please do not take this as a claim made against *you*..I still say jazaki allah khair for spending the time to look it up for our benefit :)..but I am telling what I have learned as it is my duty)

While reading a study made (specifically rebuttling this article)..and while I was consumed in going back and forth between the two to re-read and re-check certain points...

SOMETHING DAWNED ON ME

and I was with all honesty DISGUSTED with myself...I thought *shame on my nafs from now until qiyama*...because this poor nafs followed its fallible whims and FORGOT who Allah is and who His prophet is and it was researching "justice" and having "doubts" about nothing but a mere NUMBER!..sobhanallah..I felt shaitan swirming within the bounds of my nafs..I hated myself wallahi!

Whether Sayidatina Aisha (raa) was 9..19..29..or 39 when she married..it should NOT matter to us..whether Rasulullah (saaws) accepted that right away..made arrangements..rejected it..doubted it..it should NOT matter to us

Rasuluallah is OUR PROPHET..Rasulullah is OUR INTERCESSOR ON QIYAMA..when all (even prophets from Adam to Jesus..pbut) will call out *MYSELF, MYSELF*..Rasulullah will call out *MY UMMAH, MY UMMAH*..he (saaws) will even ask Allah that he interceedes for those who ONLY bared witness to *LA ILAHA ILLA ALLAH*..they only witnessed *THERE'S ONE GOD*..they didn't even ACKNOWLEDGE his prophethood!!!...how can we then expect to stand before him (saaws) and ask that he intercedes for us with allah??? when we are having doubts about his morals and his character in a matter stabbed into hearts by none other than the KUFFAR???!!!!!! because they want to find *ANYTHING* against our Beloved (saaws)..to make us reject him and thus reject Allah (swt) (ao'otho billah wa astaghfirullah)

Wallahi if Rasulullah was alive I would have gone to kiss his feet so he'd pardon me for thinking for a *second* that there's something wrong with him taking Sayidatina Aisha for a wife at that age!!!..because ao'otho billah..I doubted something about him (saaws)..I doubted the very core of his morals!!!..and I am so ashamed..I am so ashamed!!!..and I pray that Allah forgives me..

We need to drop this topic brothers and sisters..if some people are committing wrong or unacceptable actions (according to our individual definition)..then we should realize that they will answer to Allah..do not wonder how it relates to Rasulullah (saaws) or about the fairness or injustice of anything that had to do with him..I do not know how we can even discuss this..I don't know how *I* dared to discuss this and actually *answered to it*..I should have said Allah Knows best and kept my mouth closed and my mind preoccupied with something else so I do not have shaitan raptured at the provoking of ill in my nafs he accomplished (ao'otho billah from him)!

Please brothers and sisters..the age issue is NOT IMPORTANT..it does NOT change ANYTHING...because at the end of the day we need to Remember who Mohammad is (salawto rabbi wa salamoho alayh) and who Aisha is (radha allaho 'anha wa ardhaha)...

THE FIRST IS OUR BELOVED WHOM WE BEAR WITNESS THAT HE IS A MESSENGER AND A PROPHET TO US...AND THE LATTER IS *OUR MOTHER*..WE ARE *THE BELIEVERS* AND SHE IS *OUR MOTHER*..

We need to stop..if we do not want to shame ourselves in the sight of Allah we need to stop..we do not need to prove anything EVEN TO OURSELVES..because if we believe all we can say is *SAME'ENA WA 'ATA'ANA*..and because if we are true believers then when we hear or read a thing *tainting the beauty* of our Prophet (may my soul and the souls of my loved ones from the nearest to the furthest be a sacrifice for him!) we only need to remember the nobleness of his character and how he did not accept ERRING even upon his loved ones when he once said *IF FATIMA BINTU MOHAMMAD STOLE, I WILL CUT HER HAND*...he (saaws) said that about HIS OWN DAUGTHER and she was (raa) one of the dearest and most beloved people to him!!!...PONDER UPON THIS!!!..and inshallah you will realized exactly what I wish each of you to realize

Please do not take my words as an attack..take it as an advice from a sister worried about herself..and her brothers and sisters in deen..and I pray that you see the right in them..and reject the wrong..but at the end..know the gravity of the issue to your nafs and your belief

dearest sister I can not enough say jazak allahu ckairan to you..... I´m sory and I feel more ashamed then you cuz I was the one who caused so much irritation and confusion to you all ..... sorry for this article..... this is a lesson to me next time I will be more carefull inshaallah.... you are so right sister it doesn´t matter whether she was 9 or 18 or 20.... all I can say to you is mashaallah....

but I also understand Asya..... she is a just person and she is sad bec what was happening in Saudi Arabia where a man married a child and some ppl use religion to justify it.... but it can not be justified with religion...! example: our prophet had 9 wifes. men are allowed to marry up to 4 wives when some conditions are fulfilled but not more than 4... they can not claim to have the right to marry more than 4 bec the prophet saw did.... this is similar to that... a grown up man has not the right to marry a child today and say Aisha raa was 9 when she married... He is not Prophet, astagfirullah nor is the girl he wants to marry Aisha raa, astagfirullah... hope you understand what I mean...
so lil sister Asja plz don´t be sad... this (what make you feel upset) can not be lead back to religion and it is a criminal act....

excuse me so much again

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
she isn´t allowed cause since age of 13 i have reached my puberty.otherwise she would have do that also.

which word from brother and sister? that prophet(sw) married aisha age of 9?

Dear brother Allah knows your words,and you know and I also know Alhamdulillah.But it if fine for the sake of Allah. Alhamdulillah I forgive you brother for your words,and may Allah forgive me too if I said something wrong and all Momins.Ameen.

saif

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sorry for a belated entry in the discussion. Since I am sure, I can bring in a new perspective in the discussion, I have decided to write a few lines.

Whereas it is true, that the puberty is a requirement for marriage, the shariah is silent to determine a minimum age for marriage. For legislation in a present day islamic country, we have choices.

1. Country's legislation also remains silent on that issue and leaves it to the judge. Apparently, this is what has happened in Saudi Arabia.

2. Since shariah is silent on that issue, it is allowed to do legislation on that. If a Shura, which represents the consent of a certain islamic community agrees on a minimum age, then it will be binding for that community (it is ita'a of Uul ul Amr, as mentioned in Quran). It is off the topic, but I would like to add, that ideally an elected parliament can represent the consent of a community.

I am more for the second solution, since it will prevent many unnecessary problems in the society.

This is my personal opinion. If moderators think, that only a copy-paste from Islam-qa is allowed and nothing else, they are free to delete my post.

salam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu Alaicum dear brothers and sisters

Thank you all for you replys and answers. May Allah reword you, and He knows the best.

Inshallah I will patiently waith for the day of Judgment and I pray to Allah it will not take so much time, and than Inshallah I will find answers on my questions from Lord of the worlds, He is All Knowing One.

Until that day comes I will put my trust in Allah and our beloved Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s.

Allah is The Most Justice One, there is no need for us to worry about anything accept asking forgivness from Him,, becouse His punisment is the greatest.

May Allah forgive me, my parents and all believers. Ameen

May Allah forgive to this Saudi man of 47 years for marring a CHILD of 8 years.

Prophet Mohammed s.a.w.s. said:"Shame is half of faith" May Allah increase our shame.Ameen Ameen Amen

May Allah bless you all

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
sister i got married in the age of 19 and i even handled even my in laws combine family.i think it is the best time to get married.

Allaicomu saalam daer sister

I said that I consider my selfe a child because I am still a teen.I agree with you dear sister,that we sisters should get marry in our young ages.Inshallah with Allahs will.:)

May Allah bless you sister

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Jazakallah Khair sister for taking the time to do the research. Can you please provide us with the links of the articles refuting the claims (don't get me wrong I am not challenging the veracity of your claim).

Salam Alakum,

Understandable akhi :)..I will found two articles rebutting the claims in the article..unfortunately however they are in Arabic :(..I tried to find something in English but I failed..perhaps I wasn't wording things *just right* in my googling..any how..here are the links for you..

http://www.islamqa.com/ar/ref/124483
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/ShowFatwa.php?lang=A&Id=76062&Option=FatwaId
http://www.alukah.net/articles/1/3388.aspx

These are the main ones I *confirmed* to when doing my research..the rest of the websites..either quote the article..or rebuttle it (the majority of them do this though alhamdulillah)

dearest sister I can not enough say jazak allahu ckairan to you..... I´m sory and I feel more ashamed then you cuz I was the one who caused so much irritation and confusion to you all ..... sorry for this article..... this is a lesson to me next time I will be more carefull inshaallah.... you are so right sister it doesn´t matter whether she was 9 or 18 or 20.... all I can say to you is mashaallah....

but I also understand Asya..... she is a just person and she is sad bec what was happening in Saudi Arabia where a man married a child and some ppl use religion to justify it.... but it can not be justified with religion...! example: our prophet had 9 wifes. men are allowed to marry up to 4 wives when some conditions are fulfilled but not more than 4... they can not claim to have the right to marry more than 4 bec the prophet saw did.... this is similar to that... a grown up man has not the right to marry a child today and say Aisha raa was 9 when she married... He is not Prophet, astagfirullah nor is the girl he wants to marry Aisha raa, astagfirullah... hope you understand what I mean...
so lil sister Asja plz don´t be sad... this (what make you feel upset) can not be lead back to religion and it is a criminal act....

excuse me so much again

No no no sister do not feel bad..on the contrary..you should be happy that you helped a sister of yours rid herself of a confusion..you did not confuse me..you actually helped me *clarify a confusion* alhamduliallah :)..and inshallah allah will grant you the ajer for that..it is never wrong to review even false information in the attempt to *authenticate or verify them*..in this case..I read something and went and looked up its credibility..you helped me sister..do not feel bad at all!

And surely I understand where sister Asja is coming from..but it seems that sister Asja is approaching the topic from an emotional stance..which I do not say is *completely* wrong..but since this matter is sensitive and can make one reject (ao'otho billah) a matter allowed by Allah..we need to be careful in how we react to certain things :)..and at the end of it all..Allah *surely* knows best!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
And surely I understand where sister Asja is coming from..but it seems that sister Asja is approaching the topic from an emotional stance..which I do not say is *completely* wrong..but since this matter is sensitive and can make one reject (ao'otho billah) a matter allowed by Allah..we need to be careful in how we react to certain things :)..and at the end of it all..Allah *surely* knows best!

[/B]

And where I am coming from sister???:)And where do you come from sister???

One Muslima can never reject orders from her Lord SubhnaAllah,and one Msulimah can never accuse her sister in Islaam for something that she does not know Naizubillah.And may Allah guide us all.Amen Ya Allah.

Inshallah on day of Judgment we will know the truth,since there is no clear ayah for aloowing the child marrriege so it means that truth is only with Allah subhan we teala.

Thank you

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum,

Sorry for a belated entry in the discussion. Since I am sure, I can bring in a new perspective in the discussion, I have decided to write a few lines.

Whereas it is true, that the puberty is a requirement for marriage, the shariah is silent to determine a minimum age for marriage. For legislation in a present day islamic country, we have choices.

1. Country's legislation also remains silent on that issue and leaves it to the judge. Apparently, this is what has happened in Saudi Arabia.

2. Since shariah is silent on that issue, it is allowed to do legislation on that. If a Shura, which represents the consent of a certain islamic community agrees on a minimum age, then it will be binding for that community (it is ita'a of Uul ul Amr, as mentioned in Quran). It is off the topic, but I would like to add, that ideally an elected parliament can represent the consent of a community.

I am more for the second solution, since it will prevent many unnecessary problems in the society.

This is my personal opinion. If moderators think, that only a copy-paste from Islam-qa is allowed and nothing else, they are free to delete my post.

salam

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Akhi your post is fine... It doesn't have to be a copy and paste job to be allowed! But I have a question. I have heard many times in this thread that basically, puberty is what makes marriage allowable. Yet the Prophet's, sall-Allaahu` alayhi wasallam, actions show that marriage is allowed before, but of course, not consummation. Due to this, some of the opinions of the scholars is that marriage is ok before puberty, but not conssumation. And from what I've read and learnt, this is popular in the madhhab of Imaam Ahmad.

Having said that, can I see the proofs please (via pm preferrable, since I don't want to prolong this thread), that puberty is one of the conditions of marriage/nikah? I'm not asking you, but everyone. Do remember that nikah can mean marriage and it can also mean consummation. As Ibn `Uthaymeen rahimahullaah said, if a man says "so and so performed nikah with his wife", it means intercourse or consummation, I can't remember which of the two. Yet, if someone says, "so-and-so peformed nikaah with so-and-so" it means marriage...

mhamzah

Sister Asja may be this might help.

Let us define some terms first of all before we proceed.

1. Puberty:

Puberty refers to the process of physical changes by which a child's body becomes an adult body capable of reproduction. Although there is a wide range of normal ages, on average, girls begin the process of puberty about 1-2 years earlier than boys (with average ages of 9 to 14 for girls and 10 to 17 for boys), and reach completion in a shorter.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puberty

2. Child: (The whole debate is on this one word lol)

Various definitions: Wikipedia alone provides about 4 definition, wonder why all this argument.

a. A child is a human being between the stages of birth and puberty.
b. The legal definition of "child" generally refers to a minor, otherwise known as a person younger than the age of majority.
c. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines a child as "every human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier.
d. Biologically, a child is anyone in the developmental stage of childhood, between infancy and adulthood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child

3. Age of consent:

While the phrase age of consent typically does not appear in legal statutes,[1] when used in relation to sexual activity, the age of consent is the minimum age at which a person is considered to be legally competent of consenting to sexual acts.

Social (and the resulting legal) attitudes toward the appropriate age of consent have drifted upwards in modern times. For example, while ages from 10 to 13 were typically acceptable in western countries during the mid-19th century,[1] 15 to 18 had become the norm in many countries by the end of the 20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent

4. Marriageable age

Marriageable age (or marriage age) is the age at which a person is allowed to marry, either as of right or subject to parental or other forms of consent. The age and other requirements vary between countries. Age varies from puberty (which is around age of 9) is some countries to 21 years in others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

It is interesting to note that in quite a few countries age of consent is below the marriageable age.

Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) marriage to Ayesh (may Allah be pleased with her):

First of all, early procreation was a necessity for human survival. Lifespan ranged from 20 to 30 years due to high death rates (1). Even until the 18th century, 8 children were still needed by each fertile wife just to maintain the population (2). Also, sexual attraction accompanies puberty, which genetically ranges from ages 7 to 13 in women (3). So, whether one believes this instinct resulted from evolution, or part of God’s plan, procreation after puberty in history is natural and acceptable.

Source 1: Historical Average Lifespan at Birth years

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy#_ref-4
http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/H/history/guide12/part06.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/241864.stm
http://www.longevitymeme.org/articles/printarticle.cfm?article_id=11
http://books.google.com/books?id=1i...ts=64iSt2R0Jo&sig=nuMiuWMIEOOfNvBPuqVrm9Hlbkw - Page 26
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/34/3/526

Source 2:

http://www.uwmc.uwc.edu/geography/Demotrans/demtran.htm

Source 3:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3659/is_199804/ai_n8795272/pg_8/

According to the Journal of Psychology & Human Sexuality, the “age of consent throughout history…usually coincided with the age of puberty” with “the absolute minimum at seven”. (4) Both that Journal and Encyclopedia Britannica state that age of consent laws were passed from Roman law to the Church to English Common Law, which states: “between 7 years and puberty there could be consent but not consummation” until puberty, with no parental consent required from the age of 12 (5). This was confirmed in 1877 by the US Supreme Court (6). Even today, 6 states and the District of Columbia allow this Common Law marriage, (source 8) and such marriages are then constitutionally recognized in all 50 states (7).

Source 4:

http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all?content=10.1300/J056v16n02_03

Source 5:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/201326/family-law

Source 6:

http://supreme.justia.com/us/96/76/

source 7:

http://topics.law.cornell.edu/wex/table_marriage

Source 8:

http://www.ncsl.org/programs/cyf/commonlaw.htm

Marriage as early as age 7, which was considered the “age of reason”, or directly after puberty was the norm for the vast majority of all human society even until the 19th century.
The delay of puberty in industrialized cities between 1700 and 1850 does not disprove the norm of early marriage in history, because that was an abnormal result of poor sanitation, lack of exercise, and the vast introduction of cheap, un-nutritious cereal diets

Psychological Maturity in History

The fact is that even until the 18th century, reaching puberty meant becoming an “adult”, in terms of maturity, behavior and responsibility, as stated in the Journal of Social History, Online Etymology Dictionary, Journal of Marriage and the Family, and numerous academic references.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=puberty&searchmode=none

Children faced the daily struggle for physical and economic survival, (9) and while this type of “environmental stress” actually causes puberty at a younger age, (10) it is proven to have also speeded psychological maturity (11). This maturity helped in coping with the responsibilities of early marriage and childbearing.

Source 9:

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/537102/human-sexual-behaviour
http://books.google.com/books?id=1i...ts=64iSt2R0Jo&sig=nuMiuWMIEOOfNvBPuqVrm9Hlbkw

source 10:

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/historyonline/familyhistory.cfm
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2248/is_n126_v32/ai_19619407/

Source 11:

http://www.soton.ac.uk/mediacentre/news/2005/nov/05_206.shtml

It was only in the industrial mid-18th century that psychological maturity started to delaydue to side effects that are proven to delay maturity such as: increasing comforts of life, diminished parental guidance, (12) and that “children remained children longer to complete their education”.

Source 12:

http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPorta...&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED250776
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/537102/human-sexual-behaviour
http://www.medical-hypotheses.com/article/PIIS0306987707002095/abstract

Current situtation

US statistics:

50% of child sexual abuse offenders are adolescents themselves,committing sexual abuse, child *!*!*!*!ography, child prostitution and incest, using deception, force or coercion.
35% of all 17 year olds have been sexually abused.
12% of all 14 year olds have had sex “involuntarily”.
“Half of all new HIV infections occur among adolescents”.
70% of 13 year olds who had sex said it was “against their will”.
7% of 12 year olds have had sex.
90% of prostitutes were victims of child sexual abuse.
“The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12-14”.
Sexually active teenagers are 3 to 8 times as likely to attempt suicide.
76% of unplanned teen mothers end up on welfare
Every year in the world’s richest countries, there are 1.25 million teen pregnancies and 500,000 teen abortions.

Source:

http://www.advocatesforyouth.org/publications/factsheet/fsabuse1.htm
http://www.troubledteens.com/troubled-teens-statistics.html
http://www.aclu.org/reproductiverights/youth/16389res20030718.html
http://www.unicef-irc.org//publications/pdf/repcard3e.pdf
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3693/is_199707/ai_n8773781/pg_3/
http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/ceos/prostitution.html

Major World Religions:

1. Talmudic Law fixed the legal age of contracting marriage at puberty.
2. Hindu Law of Manu fixed the legal age of marriage at puberty and even before.
3. Catholics believe Mary, may Allah be pleased with her married to Joesph when she was 12 and he was around 90.

Under Islamic Law:

Under Islamic Law a person is legal responsible for his/her actions when he/she around this age. A person has to start praying and fasting around this time.

Other source: http://www.islamictube.net/watch/c4ec58c0063a90deb396/Dr.-Ali-Shehata---Prophets-Marriage-to-Aisha

And Allah swt knows best!

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh,

Asja said:
PS: Before fow days ago I have send a thread about the case which happen in Saudia Arabia where a muslim man of 47 years old marry a child of 8 years.
This case has hurted me so much so I open this thread for the sake of Allah,but brother Moderator has deleted it and put it in moderation.
When I send a message to ask waht happens with my thread brother Moderator has explained me that he will moderate my thread but that never happend.

I thought I would comment on this since it has been mentioned. I don't want anyone here to get the wrong ideas about us. I never deleted the thread, only put it in moderation, as I stated. I did moderate the thread, the reasons why which have already been explained...

Firstly, because we do not know the truth about the matter, why the judge ruled as he did (as I've said, its is accepted to Hanaabilah), and if the man really married his daughter for debt clearing!

Secondly, because CNN are very biassed and deliberately write about these topics to make Muslims like backwards, barbaric and uncivilised. They use these articles and others to shape world opinion of Islaam and Muslims, which then lead to more wars and raids on our lands.

Thirdly, because in the replies, people were stating stuff which clearly opposed the sunnah in the issue of marriage in general, and I urged that people seek knowledge of these issues before replying.

Fourthly, I said that we will happily return the thread, if provided with better coverage on the subject, that is fair and is not from the lying shayaateen at CNN et al. This wasn't done, and still hasn't been done. So if the conditions that moderators have set are not met, what happens?

This is exactly what "moderating" is. So the claim that it never happened is not correct. It was moderated then, and still is moderated...

Like I said, I wanted to clear that up because I don't want my brothers and sisters to think that all we do is delete and act unjustly. And if anyone doesn't agree with my above reasons, please pm me and explain and discuss with me or other mods why. That way, perhaps things won't run out of line and TTI will be a better place for all of us.

Was-salaam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum wa'Rahmatullaah,

I think the many replies in this thread have answered the question correctly. Here is a fatawa that makes the issue even more clearer.

Question

I'm a boy of 26, and i have come to know a very nice girl, belonging to a very good family. I wish to marry her and to propose to her parents for this purpose. But the problem is that the girl is still a child, and only 13 years old, which makes her 13 years my junior in age.

I wish to ask if its morally acceptable for me to think about her, be attracted to her and to propose for her in marriage. And do u think our relationship would be legitimate and socially and religiously acceptable with this age difference.

Also, if per chance it is acceptable, it raises a question that islam advocates soliciting a girl's opinion in marriage, but how can such a young girl make an intelligent decision for herself. In such case, what are the basis for islam's allowing such a marriage to take place.

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with your marrying this girl, even though there is this difference in age between you. What matters is that she should be religiously committed and of good character. These are what matters when it comes to marriage, and are the factors that lead to harmony and happiness in sha Allaah.

The validity of marriage to a minor girl is proven by the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And those of your women as have passed the age of monthly courses, for them the ‘Iddah (prescribed period), if you have doubt (about their periods), is three months; and for those who have no courses [(i.e. they are still immature) their ‘Iddah (prescribed period) is three months likewise, except in case of death]”

[al-Talaaq 65:4]

So the ‘iddah for those who do not menstruate because they are too young is three months, and ‘iddah has to do with divorce after getting married, which indicates that the girls in question has been married and divorced.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) when she was six years old, and he consummated the marriage with her when she was nine, and at that time he was over fifty.

Al-Bukhaari (3894) and Muslim (1422) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married me when I was six years old and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine.

A girl who is thirteen years old may have reached the age of puberty, in which case her consent is essential according to the more correct of the two scholarly opinions, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A previously-married woman should not be married until she has been consulted, and a virgin should not be married until her permission has been sought.” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what is her permission?” He said: “If she remains silent.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5136; Muslim, 1419, from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him). See also question no. 22760.

If she has not reached the age of puberty, then her father has the sole right to arrange her marriage and does not have to ask her permission.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: With regard to a virgin who is still a minor, there is no difference of opinion concerning her (i.e., that her father may marry her off even if she objects). Ibn al-Mundhir said: Every scholar from whom we learned was agreed that it is permissible for a man to marry off his virgin daughter who is still a minor, if he marries her to someone who is compatible, and it is permissible for him to marry her off even if she objects and refuses.” Al-Mughni, 9/398

But it was narrated from Imam Ahmad that whoever reaches the age of nine years comes under the same ruling as a girl who has reached puberty, so her permission must be sought. But if the father opts to be on the safe side and ask her permission, that is better. Al-Mughni, 8/398-405.
And Allaah knows best.

Reference: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/27305/

And in relation to the Prophet's :saw: marraige to 'Aa'ishah (radhiyAllaahu anh), I think you should read this which makes it clear,

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2202/

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1493/

Insha'Allaah this makes it all clear.

Walaykum Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah.