International 'Burn a Quran Day' on 9th anniversary of /11

auss20

CNN: Non-denominational church in Gainesville Florida,USA plans to host an international 'Burn a Quran Day' on 9th anniversary of /11,from 6 to 9pm at church.Here we muslims need to be united and protest against this until they decide to cancel this event.Every muslim is requested to spread this message among muslims all over this world.So don't delay and take action immediately.

this message i got via email, is it true? pls anybody know about, tell me few words regarding the matter

http://kahatowita-kahatowita.blogspot.com/2010/08/international-burn-quran-day-on-9th.html

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum
I got thsi in e-mail as well.Thought of sharing.

Burn a Qur’an Day Fails Miserably

Written by: Hamzah Moin
A fringe Christian group from Florida is dismayed at how poorly their planned Burn a Quran Day ended up turning out. “This was the worst book burning event in history,” said book burning enthusiast Jen Kennedy, “Almost as bad as the time we burned ‘Book Burning for Dummies’”
Pastor Terry Jones has stated that he intended for his church group to burn copies of the Holy Quran on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. “Islam is a religion of the devil and we need to burn the books of the devil.” When pressed with the fact that most devils would enjoy things being burned he said “go to hell”.
Unfortunately for Pastor Terry, the book burning event turned out to be a colossal disaster. “I took out three copies of the Koran from the library and set ‘em ablaze and now they’re hitting me with this huge overdue fine that I can’t repay. I owe the library $600″.
Other burn-enthusiasts couldn’t tell the difference between Arabic and other languages and ended up burning Hindi translations of Dr. Seuss books. “It looked like the Koran to me.” said John Cleaver. Arabic translations of the Twilight series, Goosebumps and the Bible were also accidentally burned. “I don’t think burning Twilight was an accident.”
Surprisingly, some Muslims are enjoying the event. “I don’t think they’ve figured out that burning is a respectful way of disposing anything that has Allah’s name written on it,” said Abdul Akbar Khan, owner of Taqwa Islamic Bookstore, “Besides, my sales have gone up 300%…I’ve completely sold out of all my copies of the Qur’an. For every book they buy and burn, I can reprint three more copies.”
According to Pastor Terry, he was astonished when someone told him about the 500-year old invention of the printing press and didn’t know about things like “mass publication”. “I didn’t think they could reprint copies of the Qur’an that fast… aren’t they all written by hand?”
Other angry burn-enthusiasts were shocked when they found out that the Qur’an is replicated digitally on the internet and would be impossible to get rid of completely. “Things got really out of hand when people started taking their computers and burning them too” said Cleaver. Half the crowd had fainted due to the fumes of the burning computers.
Things took a turn for the worst when people told the book burners that millions of Muslims have in fact memorized the entire Qur’an. “I heard it’s illegal to burn people so we had to stop the event because it was getting lame” said Terry, who ended up burning his wallet because it was made in Saudi Arabia.

Comment: jackal says:

September 3, 2010 at 5:19 am
Just received this mail:
Pastor Terry Jones, the man who tried to organise the upcoming “Burn a Quran Day” has just been arrested by police
??”They seek to mock Allah but Allah mocks them” (Al Qur’an, Sura An-Nisaa)
Pastor Terry Jones, the man who tried to organise the upcoming “Burn a Quran Day” has just been arrested by police on charges of possession of child *!*!*!*!ography. Humiliated in front of his very own congregation and in front of the entire world.
He wished to mock Islam and encouraged his followers to burn copies of the Holy Qur’an on September 11, which has resulted in them indirectly helping many Muslim organizations generate huge revenue by their purchasing copies of the Holy Qur’an, and while he goes to jail he leaves behind his followers with copies each of the Holy Qur’an…May Allah Almighty grant them guidance!
‘They plan (plot) and Allah plans, verily Allah is the best of planners’
[Al-Qur'an]

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Sister revert, just wanted to let you know that the article you posted was actually a parody and not real :)

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome and EID Mubarak to all my brothers and sisters

I just wanted to comment because being from the USA I have noticed that the spread of Islam was never stronger and faster than after the event of 9/11 so never fear my brothers and sisters this could possibly be a mercy from Allah the most merciful the most kind. It is a call to many non-Muslims by our lord and their lord and he guides whosoever he wills. May Allah protect our Ummah now and forever Ameen.

As they say even bad publicity can be good and Allah knows best. If these people are just looking for attention may their efforts result in many more reverts to Islam........I pray to Allah Ameen.

wa salam

JenGiove

As they say even bad publicity can be good.....

OH how true that statement is!

Please let me try to explain something about our general laws (we have different laws depending on the issue). The police can not arrest somone for book burning (or even flag burning) since it is an expression of an opinion (freedom of speech). It is part of what is called the "Bill Of Rights" and is one of many allowances/freedoms for this country. When the country was formed, by Christians, they put realized that there were certain things that only God could correct someone on....such as expressing an opinion. Now, that is the limit of the law. If the pastor start to burn the books, picks one up and throws it at another person, THAT is criminal and he can be arrested, put into a temporary jail, put before a judge and if judged guilty (proof would need to be provided, not just someone saying he did it), he could be given a prison sentence and/or fines.

Sometimes we wish things and laws were different. Here in the states we can change laws but it takes a very long time and the process is extremely complicated. Even the president can't change a law without this process! He doesn't have the power.

I saw on this mornings news ticker that yes, the burning has been called off........FOR NOW. Unfortunately, if the pastor decided to have the burning at a later date, he IS allowed. No one can forcefully stop him.

In this country, you can think what you want, say what you want, behave (with limits) how you want and do (with limits) how you want. IF, however, you infringe on someone ELSE'S right to do the same or cause damage or assist in someone ELSE doing damage (such as possessing child *!*!*!*!ography), then the police can step in and you are dealt with according to law.

My only hope it to help provide information that is not readily known. How you react to the information is between you and Creator.

Have a wonderful, wonderful Eid! As of this writing, it is 7:30am Eid morning in Maryland. The sun is bright and the temperature cool. A great day!

auss20

Assalamu Alaikum

Can anybody explain this problem? was there any connection between world trade Center Masjid and Koran burn?

JenGiove

Assalamu Alaikum

Can anybody explain this problem? was there any connection between world trade Center Masjid and Koran burn?

auss,

The only true connection is that connection that resides in the minds of people who hate without true knowledge. Florida and New York are a HUGE distance away from each other (1,599km/993mls). The connection is only the fact that it is about one sect of a religion hating another.

To all the brother's and sister's:
I'm sorry to say that one man's hate and ignorance inspired other's to hate. Please note, that here in the United States, burning the American flag is a PROTECTED RIGHT/FREEDOM, though it is a little known right and stirs up passionate feelings. In fact, the way to properly dispose of a ripped or otherwise old flag that has holes and such IS by fire. I found this as I was searching:

http://www.breakingnewsonline.net/w...y-jones-man-burns-quran-near-ground-zero.html

Isra

aka Tree2008
Assalamu Alaikum

Wa alaikome salam

People like this pastor who are creating controversy simply for the attention it recieves are just looking for some reason......ANY reason to justify what they are attempting to do.

Before the mosque building news they would constantly use the events of 9/11 against Islam accusing Islam of being a terrorist religion and in that way they were justified in many American peoples eyes for whatever they were doing against Islam. Fast forward to recent news of plans to build a mosque near ground zero and these type of vultures who lie in wait for just this sort of opportunity to once again attack Islam come on strong. They have new justification now. Really when you think about what they are doing you have to admit its pretty pathetic. Why does some preacher in Florida care about what building is being built in New York???? He just needed a reason obviously.

This is just my opinion and may Allah forgive me if I have said something wrong.

JenGiove

People like this pastor who are creating controversy simply for the attention it receives are just looking for some reason......ANY reason to justify what they are attempting to do.

True, I won't argue that at all.
Before the mosque building news they would constantly use the events of 9/11 against Islam accusing Islam of being a terrorist religion and in that way they were justified in many American peoples eyes for whatever they were doing against Islam.

Please don't fall into the same trap that you are accussing all of America of doing. In 2009, the census shows that there are over 307 million people living here. We know that Islam is not a terrorist making machine. The smarter ones actually know that Muslims are a wonderfully peaceful people, HOWEVER, anger is easy to create when aimed at a people, culture and religious belief that is not customarily encountered. Sometimes, people fear what they do not know. Look at my own people, the Native Americans (American Indians). In the early days of America, we were called "savages" and "filthy heathens".

Why does some preacher in Florida care about what building is being built in New York???? He just needed a reason obviously.

Yup. Maybe he was deprived of attention as a child...hehe. But I ask you this, while we all think his thoughts and actions are beyond idiotic, he feels he is acting "righteously" in the defense of his faith and country.....

...is that not the same feeling you have about your respective faiths and country?

fachrul

If only they have learned Qur'an, apply the lesson learned in their daily life, they would not burn Qur'an. As for muslim, we won't do such a silly action, we won't burn others' holy book. They did that just because their heart and mind has been fulfilled by hates.

Jones apparently cancel his plan, but maybe he only postpone it. Apart from this highly reported in the media lately, there's two pastor burned Qur'an last september 11, you can see this here w w w.wsmv.com/news/24972042/detail.html

wassalam

Abu Zurqaa

Salaams,
This is the initiave our masjid has taken in response:

United Muslim Organization of South Florida.
10180 S.W. 168th Street, Miami, Florida 33157
masjidalihsaan.com

Action
114 for 1
In response to the irresponsible plan of a small local church in
Gainesville of about 50 members who are planning to burn our holy
book, the Book of Allah on Saturday September 11, 2010, we invite our
Muslim community in South Florida or anywhere in the world to join
us in supporting and helping the following plan of action:
We plan to replace every Quran Book that might be burned by 114
Quran Books (One entire Quran book for every Chapter [Surat] that
might be burned).
Please join us in raising as many sets of 114 Quran Books to spread
the message of the ONE Almighty Allah.
We also call on people of conscience from different faiths to join us in
this action either financially, or by condemning the small church’s
plan, or any other civil form they see appropriate.

Isra

aka Tree2008
Please don't fall into the same trap that you are accussing all of America of doing.

Sister please re-read my statement I said "MANY" Americans and never said "ALL" Americans as that would be untrue. I myself am an American and I know first hand that not ALL Americans believe the hype.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

I feel very upset and sad for these last events, and to hear that unbelivers can go so far away without any fear of Allah, to burn Quraan. SubhanAllah, they only wish to go more in hurting felings of so many Muslims,and spreading thier Islamofobia.What ever they do to Muslims, they are finding some reasons and lieing on Allahs religion. I really can not undertand what is in thier souls, that they are treating without any shame or fear of Allah, to burn words of Him, Astagfirullah.After they said that they will not burn Quran ( at least not in public place), they are going forward and continue to provoce more Muslims, with making thier conditions, which are to not bulid mosque neer grand zero. They can burn Quran, but they forget that Allah words will reamin always.Allahu Akbar, may Allah save us from these unbelivers,and protect His Holy Book. ameen summa ameen

2.This is the Book (the Qur'an), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqun [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)].
Or like a rainstorm from the sky, wherein is darkness, thunder, and lightning. They thrust their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunderclap for fear of death. But Allah ever encompasses the disbelievers (i.e. Allah will gather them all together).

20. The lightning almost snatches away their sight, whenever it flashes for them, they walk therein, and when darkness covers them, they stand still. And if Allah willed, He could have taken away their hearing and their sight. Certainly, Allah has power over all things. ( Surah Al baqarah)

May Allah punish them for what they are doing and burn thier hands on this and on other world.:tti_sister:

:wasalam: