Introducing myself!

ManchesterNick

Hi everyone,

To give a brief introduction to myself: My name is Nick and I'm a medical student at the University of Manchester in the UK. Up until the age of 15 I was an atheist through and through, but then after a bit of a health problem (nothing serious (nor anything exciting!)) I had a complete epiphany of my life from religion through to career: I wanted to do medicine and when I was in hospital I felt like God was speaking to me.

Now, I'm British through-and-through, so I turned to the Church of England as that was what my family was. Well, it was alright, but I felt it was very dilute and I didn't feel anything spiritual really, but my life improved. I then looked into Orthodoxy and I really liked a lot of what it had to offer, it felt much more spiritual and I really felt I connected with God, but I kept on going for Christianity.

I never properly met a Muslim until the age of 19 at uni and at first I felt that they were rather segregated from everyone else in my year and was intimidated by them, but I've got to know many Muslims and they all have qualities I admire. For a non-Muslim, I feel I know quite a bit, the five pillars, what's Sunnah, what's Haram, but I've never read the Qur'an. Now 22, I've just acquired a copy and have started reading it.

I would like to speak to Muslims I know about it, but they have been brought up as Muslims their whole life. I'd quite like to speak to anyone on here about Islam and questions I have etc, as well as speaking to converts. I'm undecided about where to go with my faith: I accept Muhammed as a great man, but I have not decided whether or not he is God's final prophet. I similarly can't decide whether or not Jesus was a prophet or son of God. I hope that once I finish reading the Qur'an my faith is revealed to me: Islam or Christianity.

If anyone would like to speak to me, or if anybody would be kind enough to give me guidance, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Nick.

sarahlou

Asalam Alaikum , I am new revert and I have never been happier in my life. May Allah Guide You On The Right Path Ameen. :tti_sister:. This is a wonderful form and I think you will find it really helpful. Salam.:hijabi:

ManchesterNick

Thank you for your very fast reply! I hope for Higher guidance, and I hope the truth reveals itself to me. I don't know why, but just in the past months I've been thinking very positively that Islam is the way forward for me, but I've only just got round to reading the Qur'an and exploring it properly.

sarahlou

I know exactly how you feel. Insha Allah you will find Islam to be so beautiful. Insha Allah this website might help you in researching the Quran http://quranexplorer.com/. I suggest you watch some of the vidoes on TTI also. Salam :hijabi:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Hello Nick !

It is wonderful to know that you are exploring about Islam and reading the Holy Quran. I wish you the best and pray to Almighty God to give you the right guidance. You may post threads and ask questions regarding to Islam, we would be pleased to answer your questions or engage in a discussion. :)

About the topic of Jesus's divinity, I would like to recommend you to watch the first 3 videos from this playlist.

I would like also to mention to you that the right guidance comes from Allah Almighty God, so if you make a sincere prayer to Almighty God to guide you to the truth and make it enter in your heart, then surely you will find the right guidance with the mercy of Almighty God.

Wishing you the best in your quest for the truth. May Allah subhaana wa tallah grant you Islam. Ameen.

Peace :)

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Welcome to the site. When researching Islam, I recommend first praying to Allah [God] (The Exalted) and asking sincerely to be guided to the correct religion. I also recommend the following readings in order to get a well formulated understanding of the theology of the religion and to be certain it is the correct path to follow:

1) English Translation of the Qur'an by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

2) "Towards Understanding ISLAM" by A.A. Maududi

3) A biography on the life of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him): "The Sealed Nectar" by Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri

or "Muhammad [peace and blessings of Allah be upon him]- His Life Based on the Earliest Sources" by Martin Lings

4) "The Bible, The Qur'an, and Science" by Dr. Maurice Bucaille

5) "Islam and the Destiny of Man" by Charles Eaton

You can obtain these books by searching at an Islamic bookstore online or in your city. The following websites are also great in helping to be convinced of Islam:

1) http://www.islamreligion.com/

2) The following is a website that is credible in disproving evolution, you may even have e-mail debates with the authors of the site, they frequently debate with evolutionists and some of their prominent websites (spread to others that believe in evolution): http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org/newsletters.htm

3) Read the following thread titled "Proving Islam":
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40837

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
hello Nick:)

welcome to TTI, I hope you find your way here and enjoy your stay:)
and yea, ask away all the questions you have, the brothers and sisters will help you inshaAllah(God Willing). No worries, as you learn, God will help you to the right path, and You'll find your way to Him. Just keep searching :D
take care, and may you find the guidance:D
ameeeeeen

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Welcome brother Nick to the forum,

As you believe in ONE true God (Allah). I would suggest you keep on reading Qura'n...In the meanwhile if any question arise ...pls ASK

and very very important

Ask (pray) to God (Creator) constantly to guide you towards the path which is RIGHT and which leads towards HIM.

May Allah make "Finding Truth" easy for you.

Very welcome to TTI. Looking forward to more posts from you.

:hearts:

ManchesterNick

Many thanks for such a warm welcome to the forum! It's this kind of reception that makes me question the perception of Islam in the 'western world'*. I'm continuing to read the Qur'an; I do have a very busy weekend ahead of me with family commitments so I do not have as much time to read it as I would like this weekend, but hopefully next week I'll be able to read a lot of it.

Many of you have recommended praying which I am, but I'm obviously still undecided between Christianity and Islam and this isn't some sort of overnight conversion, so how would you think the best way to pray would be? Pray in both the Islamic and Christian ways and compare? I wouldn't know how to pray in the former way at the moment. I don't have a map or compass (although the sun rises to my window so I know which way east is).

BrotherInIslam7, many thanks for that youtube playlist, I've watched one and a bit of those videos and they're very interesting, although do not discuss Jesus as a prophet. Are there any videos that do?

Many thanks everyone,

Nick.

*Bit of a misnomer now, but when I use the generic term 'western world', I mean the perception of it by non-Muslims...

slave_of allah

asalam mulaikum... dear brother im so proud of u.. quran has answer for each n every question of ur's, soon ul know dat jesus (p.b.u.h) is a prophet n mohamed (p.b.u.h) the icon of us man kind is da last prophet .... ul find out alot... the true meaning of islam ,the reason of y r we sent down in world n alot.. if u take islam as ur life n just go thru quran ul be a perfect gentle man. islam teaches us every thing ul see alot of changes in ur self n ur life. may allah guide u towards da rite path.... well come to TTI....
keep in touch :)
asalam mulaikum

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Hello Nick and welcome here among us !
I love medicine , I wanna be a doctor too , May Allah bless you in ur studies :)

about Islam and Christianity ... Many differences
For e.g. the Bible and the Qur'an
as I know the bible was written 90 years after Jesus ( my christian friend told me but she's Muslim now ) , while the Qur'an was written in prophet Muhammad's life , no one can or could change the Qur'an .

Islam says Allah is one , has No wife , has No son , Christianity says Gods are 3 , I wanna ask if Allah has a son , he should has parents right ? so where are they ??
we believe that our God is the greatest , not the same as us , we need sons and parents but he doesn't .

Read the Qur'an and understand it well , many verses talk about Jesus PBUH , there is a Surah talks about Mary and Jesus ( its name is Mary ) .

Allah could create Adam from no parents , he could create Eve from a man without a wife , so also he could create Jesus from a woman without a husband .

As well as in Islam there is Halal ( allowed things ) and there is Haram ( forbidden things ) , don't think it's a complicated thing , do as much as what ur ability can do , Allah will NOT ask us more than our abilities .

May Allah Guide you to the right path :)

Fatima

shichemlydia

welcome

salam alikoum brother,
first we ask allah swt to lead you to the right path ameen. yes this is a good idea to start reading the quran and see what is it about; focus on the verse of MARY you will undestand everything about Jesus pbuoh; his mother Mary and how was he born and more. at the end, we hope you will enjoy you time with us. we are here for any concern that may raise.
wa salam alikoum

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
hello Nick...
First of all welcome to TTI family!...hope u enjoy ur stay here. Ask any questions about islam. All the brothers and sisters will be more then welcome to help you :)

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
Assalamu Alaikum / peace

You are Sooo welcome! Hope that you'll enjoy your stay here, and learn alot! :D
You can just ask if you have any questions, mashaAllah all brothers and sisters here are sooo helpfull!! :D:D:D

Again Welcome!!!

Enjoy your stay at this GREAT site! :D:D

Take care :)
//

IslamicGirl24

Peace and blessings of Allah be unto you.
Welcome to the forum, brother..:SMILY139:
I hope you find the answer to your questions...:)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Hey Nick! :SMILY139:

A very warm welcome to you indeed! :)

I pray to Allah HE guides you- i hope you find the truth.

We're all here to help you out, so if u have ANY questions whatsoever- we're all ears ;)

Take care

Hope to hear from you soon BTW there are some brothers n sisters from Manchester here, im sure they would be more than happy to meet you in person and talk to you inshaAllah :)

Sister Asmaa. :SMILY259:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
welcome nick.:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

its nice to know that u r turning to islam.:SMILY139:study quran and ask away any questions u have,meanwhile compare it with christianity.you'll find islam a better religion.

bye take care:SMILY139: