is every sin forgiven?

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

I think it needs to be discussed in light of Quran and Hadiths that what are the conditions and criterion for if a sin/sins are forgiven by Allah (SWT).

I have seen that many critics of Islam pick up this point and put allegations against Muslims that they commit crimes and sins for thinking Allah (SWT) is often forgiving. This allegation can't be totally refuted.

But one thing needs to be pondered that we have been blessed with a single life by Allah (SWT) to test and if He isn't merciful,there would be rares to paradise. I read in Quran or Hadiths ( actually don't remember the context) that man has been created weaker. Hence it is more unlikely that we human beings keep out of committing sins. And so our Lord has to be merciful.

Regards.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:
I hope everybody's ok...I was wondering about a fact of the past.some years ago I payed with the prison my crime.I raped a girl.I payed my duty with justice,but now I feel guilty everyday.Can Allah forgive me?islam says that He doesn't forgive those who committ something bad to someone until they ask forgiveness.I changed town,country,life,I don't know how to find that girl I hurt.I don't ever know if she would see me again.what can you advice to me?:wasalam:

Allah is the most mercifull. More we can´t say.

Live your rest life making good to others.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu Alaikum:

I think it needs to be discussed in light of Quran and Hadiths that what are the conditions and criterion for if a sin/sins are forgiven by Allah (SWT).

I have seen that many critics of Islam pick up this point and put allegations against Muslims that they commit crimes and sins for thinking Allah (SWT) is often forgiving. This allegation can't be totally refuted.

But one thing needs to be pondered that we have been blessed with a single life by Allah (SWT) to test and if He isn't merciful,there would be rares to paradise. I read in Quran or Hadiths ( actually don't remember the context) that man has been created weaker. Hence it is more unlikely that we human beings keep out of committing sins. And so our Lord has to be merciful.

Regards.

Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu
Answers your question http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/14246/embrace sins

twas19

Allah forgives all major sins accept shirk but even that can be forgiven if a person repents from it okay so calm down dont worry everything will be okay !!!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
brothers and sisters.so many posts from you and so many tears from me.I'm really sad for what I read.I was totally drunken that night and don't remember very much.I was beaten until they broke me the legs.but I know that nobody will excuse me until I'll not find that girl.I hope I'll have the fortune to meet her by chance.I'll may die in peace.

As-salam 'alaikum brother....

very good answers in the light of the Quran and Sunnah is given by the brothers and sisters.
Allah subhanahu wa ta'la is saying you that He will forgive the past sins, if anyone embraces Islam.
Rasul Allah sallaAllahu alaihi wasallam is also saying so.

and it is shaytan, that is making you think that until the girl forgive you, you can't die in peace.

just imagine: what will happen,if you meet her again, and she refused to forgive you?

will you consider yourself guilty even then?

Allah and His rasul salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam is saying one thing, and if we go with our own assumption, that will definitely not gonna go in same way.

wa-llahu a'lam
wassalamu 'alaikum warahmatu-llah

Kakorot

Okay so how can justice be done to the victim, in the case of this brother?

Even if it is the case that the brother has to ask for forgiveness from the woman, how is he going to find her? As the brother mentioned that he changed his life, country etc.

:salam2: I don't know.. But maybe he can do things like give charity on her behalf and make lots of du'aa for her. So then on judgement day, she will know that he did this for her, just incase.

Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi wabarakatu

Not only Shirk all sins be it major or minor are forgiven when you embrace Islam.

Wa 'alaykum salaam. I know that's why I gave shirk as an example because there's no greater sin than it; however that was between the person and God.

Assalaam walaikum,

The justice for the victim was the fact that he served time in prison.

Wa 'alaykum salaam, mmm not really in my opinion but may God forgive nadir91.

Kakorot

brothers and sisters.so many posts from you and so many tears from me.I'm really sad for what I read.I was totally drunken that night and don't remember very much.I was beaten until they broke me the legs.but I know that nobody will excuse me until I'll not find that girl.I hope I'll have the fortune to meet her by chance.I'll may die in peace.

Wa 'alaykum salaam.

I asked a shaykh on your behalf. He's kind of busy but when he replies, I'll post it here.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
IF SOMEONE IS STRONGLY REPENTED,HE DOES HIS BEST to seek the forgiveness of somebody.maybe brother nadir91 can try to go back to the town he lived and ask about her

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabaraktu

Please don't confuse the brother. Allah has erased all his sins he is new born now with a new account of life. A person enters Islam with happiness and peace by reminding him of the past will make him more sad.

Narrated by Amr Prophet :saw:said: {Didn’t you know that converting to Islam erases all previous sins}

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
brother Abu Talib,I didn't want to confuse him,I'm sorry if you thought so.my intention was to encourage him.if you disagree,I'll delete the post:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We can not speculate on the circumstances of the victim. Out task is to assist a brother in making his deen stronger. And as suggested he seek a person with authority to help him make retribution by zakat and or fasting. And we have to provide him with the instruments that make a Believer strong.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
brother Abu Talib,I didn't want to confuse him,I'm sorry if you thought so.my intention was to encourage him.if you disagree,I'll delete the post:wasalam:

Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatulahi Wabarakatu

I am sorry I was addressing in general.

Kakorot

This is what a shaykh said:

A hadeeth gives us the story of the man who killed 100 souls and then ALLAH forgave him when he died because he was sincere and he repented. So indeed ALLAH will forgive him so long he continues in repentance and keeps begging ALLAH for forgiveness.
It is recommended that he tries to apologize to the girl but make sure that he arranges with the authorities to help him setup a meeting and apologize to her and her family so they don't accuse him of a false attack if they see him at her front door.
He can get in touch with the church of the neighborhood to help him setup this meeting with her family and apologize and this can be good dawa of how ISLAM changed his manners and heart and maybe be the reason for them to accept ISLAM. But make sure he is careful, he is not overwhelmed and he goes without protecting his back and then being accused he is there to hurt the family and the girl etc...
If he does not know where the girl is then no need to search and continuous repenting to ALLAH is sufficient, ALLAH is the most merciful.

Jazakumullahukhayran