is every sin forgiven?

nadir91

:salam2:
I hope everybody's ok...I was wondering about a fact of the past.some years ago I payed with the prison my crime.I raped a girl.I payed my duty with justice,but now I feel guilty everyday.Can Allah forgive me?islam says that He doesn't forgive those who committ something bad to someone until they ask forgiveness.I changed town,country,life,I don't know how to find that girl I hurt.I don't ever know if she would see me again.what can you advice to me?:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

You are asking for answers that need to be given to you from one with authority.

I strongly suggest that you contact an iman and have a session face to face.
Your question raises many issues which can not be addressed on a public forum.

And you really need to have someone with authority explain to you why you should not seek out the victim.

muslimshabs

walaikum salaam...

You have done a big sin... but dont underestimate the mercy of ALLah...
He forgives all sins if you repent with true heart and soul...

"Say: ‘O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful’”

[al-Zumar 39:53]

We have to think well of our Lord and hope that He will accept our repentance, for Allaah says, “I am as My slave thinks I am.” A hadeeth qudsi narrated by al-Bukhaari, 7066; Muslim, 2675. According to Ahmad with a saheeh isnaad: “I am as My slave thinks I am, so let him think whatever he wants.”

And dont make anybody witness to your sins. keep it between you and Allah... as Prophet Muhammad :saw: said, "“Avoid these filthy things that Allaah has forbidden. Whoever has done any of them, let him conceal himself with the concealment of Allaah, and let him repent to Allaah.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’ (149).

so repent and cry in the night for what u did... and also remind yourself that you need to give a lots of lots of charity and do good deeds so that your sin is forgiven by ALLAH subhana watallah.

MAY ALLAH forgive all of our sins and show us the right path...aameen!!!

nadir91

thanks a lot,I'm sorry if I've confessed such a thing,but I don't feel in peace since sarted following the right way.many faults are there in my past.I wonder if He will let me goin Paradise.if this thread creates problems,I ask it to be deleted.I'm sorry again.

DanyalSAC

thanks a lot,I'm sorry if I've confessed such a thing,but I don't feel in peace since sarted following the right way.many faults are there in my past.I wonder if He will let me goin Paradise.if this thread creates problems,I ask it to be deleted.I'm sorry again.

Asalaamu alaikum brother

Don't worry about "confession", I've gotten that same speech as well. If you've done prison time for your crime then it is public knowledge and you should be allowed to discuss it, in my opinion. And ALLAH knows best.

However, your forgiveness itself is between you and ALLAH and even a shaykh or imam wouldn't be able to tell you yes or no. Repent and do good deeds; and if you can't make reparation with the victim in this life its my understanding you will be allowed to in the hereafter (inshallah).

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam Walaikum,

Brother Saladin's post today:

Al-Anfal

O ye who believe! If ye keep your duty to Allah, He will give you discrimination (between right and wrong) and will rid you of your evil thoughts and deeds, and will forgive you. Allah is of Infinite bounty. (29) 8:29

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Muslim reported in a sound Hadeeth that 'Amr Ibn Al 'Aas said: "When Allaah instilled the love of Islam in my heart, I came to the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam and said:
Stretch out your right hand so that I may pledge my allegiance to you. He stretched out his right hand. I withdrew my hand. He (the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: What has happened to you, O 'Amr? I replied: I intend to lay down a condition. He asked: What condition do you intend to put forward? I said: I should be granted pardon. He (the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said: "Are you not aware of the fact that Islam wipes out all the previous (misdeeds)? Verily migration wipes out all the previous (misdeeds) and verily the pilgrimage wipes out all the (previous) misdeeds."

This is good news for all new Muslims that anyone who converts to Islam all the sins he committed before becoming Muslim are forgiven. This is made explicit in the following verse Allaah Says (what means):
{Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief) their past will be forgiven.}[Quran 8:38].

islamdonlyway

walikumsalam,

hadith qudsi:
"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind. O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah gives hope to mankind more than any other narration. It displays the quality and attribute of Allahs mercy. Indeed, He is ar-Rahman, the Most Compassionate, and ar-Raheem, the Most Merciful. In this Hadithi Qudsi, Allah tells man of the greatness of His forgiveness and mercy so that no one would despair due to the amount of sins he may have committed. This is supported by the following verse of the Holy Quran:

Say: O My servants who have transgressed against their own souls, despair not of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

This hadith teaches us the importance of realizing Allahs mercy, having faith and hope in Him especially when making dua, calling to Allah alone for forgiveness, and the importance of repentance in the life and faith of a believer.

The only sin that allah does not forgive is shirk (associating partners with allah), but he may forgive any other sins. note: if someone does commit shirk and asks for forgiveness and comes to the correct path, inshallah allah will forgive him.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

I'm not trying to make the brother despair but I was told when someone is wronged, forgiveness has to be asked from them too. If forgiveness from them isn't asked or given, then on judgement day the victim takes the wrongdoers good deeds.

salahdin

On the authority of Anas, who said: I heard the messenger of Allah say:

Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its.

An-Nisa

Yet whoso doeth evil or wrongeth his own soul, then seeketh pardon of Allah, will find Allah Forgiving, Merciful. (110) 4:110

Al-Araf

But those who do ill-deeds and afterward repent and believe - lo! for them, afterward, Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. (153) 7:153

Al-Anfal

But Allah would not punish them while thou wast with them, nor will He punish them while they seek forgiveness. (33) 8:33

Ta-Ha

And lo! verily I am Forgiving toward him who repenteth and believeth and doeth good, and afterward walketh aright. (82) 20:82

Al-Furqan

Save him who repenteth and believeth and doth righteous work; as for such, Allah will change their evil deeds to good deeds. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (70) And whosoever repenteth and doeth good, he verily repenteth toward Allah with true repentance - (71) 25:70-71

Al-Qasas

But as for him who shall repent and believe and do right, he haply may be one of the successful. (67) 28:67

Ghafir

The Forgiver of sin, the Accepter of repentance, the Stern in punishment, the Bountiful. There is no God save Him. Unto Him is the journeying. (3) 40:3

Ash-Shura

And He it is Who accepteth repentance from His bondmen, and pardoneth the evil deeds, and knoweth what ye do, (25) 42:25

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
:wasalam:

I'm not trying to make the brother despair but I was told when someone is wronged, forgiveness has to be asked from them too. If forgiveness from them isn't asked or given, then on judgement day the victim takes the wrongdoers good deeds.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

The brother is a revert, all that happened when he was not a muslim.

Kakorot

I know but where's the justice for the victim?

In our beliefs we believe when someone accepts Islam, their sins are forgiven. What they did before that e.g. shirk was between them and God, but what if they wronged someone and that person doesn't want to forgive them?

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

In our beliefs we believe when someone accepts Islam, their sins are forgiven. What they did before that e.g. shirk was between them and God, but what if they wronged someone and that person doesn't want to forgive them?

Okay so how can justice be done to the victim, in the case of this brother?

Even if it is the case that the brother has to ask for forgiveness from the woman, how is he going to find her? As the brother mentioned that he changed his life, country etc.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi wabarakatu

Not only Shirk all sins be it major or minor are forgiven when you embrace Islam.

nadir91

brothers and sisters.so many posts from you and so many tears from me.I'm really sad for what I read.I was totally drunken that night and don't remember very much.I was beaten until they broke me the legs.but I know that nobody will excuse me until I'll not find that girl.I hope I'll have the fortune to meet her by chance.I'll may die in peace.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
brothers and sisters.so many posts from you and so many tears from me.I'm really sad for what I read.I was totally drunken that night and don't remember very much.I was beaten until they broke me the legs.but I know that nobody will excuse me until I'll not find that girl.I hope I'll have the fortune to meet her by chance.I'll may die in peace.

Wa`alaykumassalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

Leave it brother Allah will forgive you do not go back to the past life. You're like a new born now everything you committed before embracing would be wiped out this is the mercy of Allah towards reverts.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

As others have suggested move on. One of the tests of faith is to accept that you have been forgiven. That is hard. Now, Allah has placed you alongside brothers who are willing to stand beside you on the correct path. Move forward.
You make wish to fast and/or make zakat to ease your burden.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
dear brother ,may Allah raise you up.He is the All Forgiver.you paid for your mistake,