is it my fault?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:

i had a Question, so today is my birthday Alhumdulilah im 22, last night at 12 am, all my friends gave me a surprise party nothing haram just cake and we all sat together for an hour talked n had fun.

and as soon as some brothers i know who found out about this started giving me fatwas and telling me im very wrong .. etc etc.

like i feel really bad now, i didn't plan or know about any of this and i didn't want to be rude to my friends, they knw i dont party and it was jst my close friends....
So is it my fault, is this considerd my sin?

oh and they found my birth date from facebook i didn't tell them or anything.....

walaikum salam

JazakALlah khair for ur time

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
wsalam bhai
if you have fair intentions and you didn't plan it yourself then why you care about other's fatwas we can not judge others we can simply tell others what is right and what is wrong ...and that's alll...... May Allah give you happiness and success in life :muslim_child::wasalam:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

WE HAVE DIFFERENT FATWAS FROM DIFFERENT SCHOLARS REGARDING BIRTH DAY ISSUE..

We cant blame scholars when they differ, as mistakes are the signs which tells you that scholars are Human beings..:)

As Far as I understand.. if we know for sure that things we commit are newly invente3d matters into the religion, then it would be BETTER if we keep ourselves away from it..

I PERSONALLY DON'T CELEBRATE BIRTH DAYS AFTER LISTENING TO THIS..

[yt]c0UFIYd28Fc[/yt]

As for your practical question, if you have done any sin, without knowing that you are committing a sin.. then there is no problem.. but ask ALLAH AZZAWAJAL for HIS forgiveness.. (APPLICABLE TO ANY ACTIONS)

ALLAH AZZAWAJAL KNOWS THE BEST​

FEE AMANILLAH:hearts:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Assalam alaikum.

I remember reading the story of one of the Sahaba, who was very young while the Prophet :saw was alive, invited a few people over to celebrate after he finished memorising Surah Baqarah.

I wonder if there is a difference in celebrating something by sitting around and talking, or inviting people over for dinner for personal achievements (for example, graduating from university, getting a new job, getting promoted, reaching some sort of personal milestone ("After 6 months of training, I can now swim for 10km") and making a religious celebration, say praying extra or having religious ceremonies on the Prophet's birthday.

I'm trying to tie in the above examples with that of a mini-gathering that shaheerpak has gone through, which is a personal mini-celebration between him and his friends of a milestone that he has reached.

Assalam alaikum.

EDIT: I haven't celebrated any of my birthdays for as long as I can remember, so don't assume anything.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
jasak Allah sister for this .... i was looking for this to posst here ... i have even stoped to say happy birth day ....but brother have different situation... he didnt planed it as he told ...........

tariq353

As far as right or wrong is concerned it comes under the things which we shd avoid(difference of opinions among scholar)...............

I HAVE NEVER EVR CELEBRATE B'DAY IN MY WHOLE LIFE NOT ONLY THIS I DNT EVN GO TO OTHERS B'DAY PARTY..

but brother there r so many things which are wrong but intentionally or unintentionally we v to go thru......Evn becoming angry is wrong(haram)...

for small issues we keep on arguing and wrt big sins we all r equally guilty.....

Bigger sins r not offering salah, dealing in Interest (almost we all r involved), backbiting, lying... etc

dont ponder around these things .......better concentrate on imp aspects....

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa salaam..

brother shaheer, diable your fb birthday notification, so that you dont have to go through it again next year, in sha Allah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
wsalam bhai
if you have fair intentions and you didn't plan it yourself then why you care about other's fatwas we can not judge others we can simply tell others what is right and what is wrong ...and that's alll...... May Allah give you happiness and success in life :muslim_child::wasalam:

i care baji (sister) cuz i dont want to start a year on the wrong path thats why

ameen to ur dua :) baji and i pray the same for u and the ummah - ameen

@sister faraa and brother dna JazakAllah khair for the help

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

As far as right or wrong is concerned it comes under the things which we shd avoid(difference of opinions among scholar)...............

I HAVE NEVER EVR CELEBRATE B'DAY IN MY WHOLE LIFE NOT ONLY THIS I DNT EVN GO TO OTHERS B'DAY PARTY..

but brother there r so many things which are wrong but intentionally or unintentionally we v to go thru......Evn becoming angry is wrong(haram)...

for small issues we keep on arguing and wrt big sins we all r equally guilty.....

Bigger sins r not offering salah, dealing in Interest (almost we all r involved), backbiting, lying... etc

dont ponder around these things .......better concentrate on imp aspects....

Actually i dont celebrate either, this was like the 2nd time 1st was when i was really small and it was more of a gathering of friends and family as well cuz i finished reading Quran the 1st time.

brother ilyas - INshAllah :)

kayleigh

I think your friends who are giving you fatwas are way too uptight. You didn't invite them over, and you didn't give it religious meaning. You ate cake and talked. Even if it is wrong, which I don't think it is, since it wasn't yourintention to have a big birthday party I don't see how you could be at fault.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
I think your friends who are giving you fatwas are way too uptight. You didn't invite them over, and you didn't give it religious meaning. You ate cake and talked. Even if it is wrong, which I don't think it is, since it wasn't yourintention to have a big birthday party I don't see how you could be at fault.

honestly they cudn't even find cake so they just got brownies and yes all we did was eat brownies and laugh and joke with each other .....

samiha

---------
Staff member

Akhi, seeing that you asked whether it is your fault here or not, shows that you have good intentions mashaAllaah and are striving to find out what would have been best. May Allaah help you and all of us collectively to keep this attitude and strive to better ourselves every day! Ameen.

However, the fact of the matter here is that the past is the past. Since you feel unrest in your heart, it shows you do feel some guilt, and Allaah is the All-Forgiver and Most Merciful, so ask of Him to alleviate this guilt and forgive you if you have wronged, not people whether it was right or wrong. Because all that will do is pacify you for now, but your heart will still have doubts.

So seek from Allaah and look into the matter, it will help strengthen your resolve. Then, work towards the future, for the mistakes of our past cant be recitified by anything other than it. The friends who brought over the food and came over, appreciate them and thank them for remembering you... but also use this as a Da'wah opportunity if you can. Don't devalue them, but remind them (or inform them) of where you stand.

The most I've seen come out of this is that people might get a little defensive at first (trying to justify celebrating it), or they laugh it off as a joke, but once it comes clear, and you still show a friendly manner, it usually smoothes over.

I tell myself this many times when I find myself going against the conventional standard of many of my cousins and family, that I shouldn't be ashamed to stand up for Islam and my beliefs. Because really, as the saying goes, if you don't stand for anything, you'll fall for everything!

I hope you find the content and clarity of mind you look for :inshallah: ~

wasalaamu 'alaykum

neox297

Sister (i use that term loosely) Kayleigh this story is potentially filled with Haram.

First we start with the cake ... did any one bother to ask if the cake had gelatin in it, was the cake halal? Was the cake made with red wine or white wine? Did the cake have bacon in it? Was the cake laced with LSD? .... these are all serious concerns

A Mu'min would double check the authenticity of the bakery

However I feel that since your intention was clean and out of your control you have not comitted any haram

Jazakkallah Kahrayn