Is Muslim the name of a race?

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum.

Please strain your mind to think as to what actually does the word Muslim, you use, signify?

Does man bring Islam with him when he is born?

Is a person Muslim because he is a son or grandson of a Muslim?

Is a Muslim in the same way a Muslim for being born in a community which is called Muslim? What answers will you give to the questions, I have asked?

...thank you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

There are Muslims stuck with all the cultural garbage that is called community. Insulated and vacant...and the answer lies in the fact there are Believers.
It changes the picture.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum,

Muslim is the one who submits to the God. How is that limited to man made things like community or tribe?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Narrated Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه): The Messenger of Allāh (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, “No one is born except they are upon Al-Fitrāh (instinct). His parents turn him into a Jew or Christian or Magian, just as animals produce their young with perfect limbs. Do you see anything defective?” Then Abu Hurairah, recite the verse if you wish, “So direct your face toward the religion, inclining to truth. [Adhere to] the fitrah of Allāh upon which He has created [all] people. No change should there be in the creation of Allāh. That is the correct religion, but most of the people do not know.” [Surah Ar-Rūm 30:30]

Hatty

Let us assume both of you parents are Dentists.

1- Are you a Dentist by default, or are you born a dentist, or do you have to study the science and knowledge required to be in Theory a Dentist?

2- If you do not practice the knowledge you gained from your studies, are you a practicing dentist? Is it fair to call you a dentist by heart and you love dentestry but you do not practice.

3- Do you have to practice what you learnt in order to be called a proper dentist?

And Allah knows best...

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Muslims believe that God is One and Incomparable.

Islam was revealed for all people, in all places and at all times. It was not revealed for men or for a particular race or ethnicity. It is a complete way of life based on the teachings found in the Quran and the authentic traditions of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. Guidance revealed by the Creator to His creation. It is a foolproof plan to achieve everlasting happiness in both this life and the next.

God does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour to you that you may be thankful.” (Quran 5:6)

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/

:salam2:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

There is no gene called ''Muslim" in DNA of a child born to Muslim parenthood or to Non-Muslim parenthood. A child may be innately,unknowingly or by innocence a synonym to Muslim. But definitely ''Muslim" is an acquired character. It is an acquired character by submission to absolute Creator of this universe and by discarding exercise of free will. This rejection of free will accounts share from autonomy given to mankind.

A Muslim is only a Muslim by his acts involving his all senses as per Divine commandments.

Regards.

kalamazoo

You will surely reply:
"No sir, such a man is not called Muslim.
A Muslim is not a Muslim because of belonging to a particular racial group but because of accepting Islam, and if he renounces Islam, he ceases to be a Muslim. Any person who may be a Brahmin or a Rajput, an Englishman or a Jat, a Punjabi or a black, will be incorporated in the Muslim community on accepting Islam, while another person born in a Muslim home is expelled from the Muslim community if he gives up Islam, though he may be the son of a Sayyid or a Pathan".

Well, gentlemen! you will surely give the above answer to my questions. So now this fact has been established from your own answer that the greatest boon of God i.e., the boon of your being a Muslim, which you enjoy, is not a racial asset which you automatically inherit from your parents and which clings to you mechanically all your life whether you bother about it or not, but that it is a boon for acquiring which you must make efforts. If you make an endeavour for it then you can acquire it and if you don't care for it, it can also be snatched away from you. May God forbid.

Meaning of accepting Islam

Now let us go ahead. You say that a man becomes Muslim by accepting Islam. The question is : What does the acceptance of Islam signify? Does it mean that whoever makes a verbal profession:
"I am Muslim or I have accepted Islam", becomes a Muslim? , if in the same way a man utters some phrases of Arabic without understanding them, he then and there becomes Muslim? Now you may tell what reply will you give to this question. Naturally you will answer that the meaning of accepting Islam is that a man should consciously, and deliberately accept what has been taught by Muhammad (peace be upon him) and act accordingly.
Whosoever does this,
is a Muslim and whosoever does not do this, is not a Muslim.

First requirement-knowledge

From this answer of yours the fact automatically comes to light
that al-Islam is firstly the name of knowledge and then the name of putting that knowledge into practice
--------------------------------
shukran:

akhuukum mukhlis

abu ali
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/M_foi/

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
just give up son and go your way.

salam aleikum,

I dont see what is the problem....
The respected brother that made this threat knows what MUSLIM means, and in my humble opinia he posted those questions for us to gave some feed-back and to make us reflect and learn some more.
He may corect me if i am wrong.
Please read carefully before telling someone to give up or to go away.....

Tomtom

Banned
Sorry I was telling iBrahmin to go away, he was implying that the brhamins of India and the Quraish and Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) were related.

lovefordeen

Sorry I was telling iBrahmin to go away, he was implying that the brhamins of India and the Quraish and Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) were related.

assalamu alaikum

no he didn'tsay anything like that in this thread..i think you misunderstood

assalaamu alaikum

sachin4islam

You will surely reply:
"No sir, such a man is not called Muslim.
A Muslim is not a Muslim because of belonging to a particular racial group but because of accepting Islam, and if he renounces Islam, he ceases to be a Muslim. Any person who may be a Brahmin or a Rajput, an Englishman or a Jat, a Punjabi or a black, will be incorporated in the Muslim community on accepting Islam, while another person born in a Muslim home is expelled from the Muslim community if he gives up Islam, though he may be the son of a Sayyid or a Pathan".

Well, gentlemen! you will surely give the above answer to my questions. So now this fact has been established from your own answer that the greatest boon of God i.e., the boon of your being a Muslim, which you enjoy, is not a racial asset which you automatically inherit from your parents and which clings to you mechanically all your life whether you bother about it or not, but that it is a boon for acquiring which you must make efforts. If you make an endeavour for it then you can acquire it and if you don't care for it, it can also be snatched away from you. May God forbid.

Meaning of accepting Islam

Now let us go ahead. You say that a man becomes Muslim by accepting Islam. The question is : What does the acceptance of Islam signify? Does it mean that whoever makes a verbal profession:
"I am Muslim or I have accepted Islam", becomes a Muslim? , if in the same way a man utters some phrases of Arabic without understanding them, he then and there becomes Muslim? Now you may tell what reply will you give to this question. Naturally you will answer that the meaning of accepting Islam is that a man should consciously, and deliberately accept what has been taught by Muhammad (peace be upon him) and act accordingly.
Whosoever does this,
is a Muslim and whosoever does not do this, is not a Muslim.

First requirement-knowledge

From this answer of yours the fact automatically comes to light
that al-Islam is firstly the name of knowledge and then the name of putting that knowledge into practice
--------------------------------
shukran:

akhuukum mukhlis

abu ali
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/M_foi/

Assalamu Alaikum:

Your words remind of a Khutbah by Maulana Maudidi. :) :) :)

Regards.

kalamazoo

(2:284) To Allah belongs

salam aleikum,

I don't:tti_sister: see what is the problem....
The respected brother that made this threat knows what MUSLIM means, and in my humble opinion he posted those questions for us to gave some feed-back and to make us reflect and learn some more.
He may correct me if i am wrong.
Please read carefully before telling someone to give up or to go away.....

:wasalam:

:ma:

:salah: