Is Somalia's future Hopeless?

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam2: all,

Well I'm sure that most of you who are up to date with Somali news, probably know about the two Islamic groups in Somalia who are at war with eachother. How sad, fraustrating, humiliating and confusing this is! SubhanaAllah I just don't even know what to hope for anymore for my poor somali people. It's just so sad. The only thing I was hoping for was that somehow the Islamic groups(Al-shabab, and xizbul Islam) would unite and actually bring Islamic law and peace to the country. There's a lot of news going around that this war in Kismayo is based on Qabil, unfortunately. Everything they were fighting for has become useless now and I'm angry because they have turned on eachother. When will this chaos end? I swear I just wanted to cry when I read about this clash between the two "Islamist" as they described in the news, groups in Somalia. This is exactly what all the enemies wanted. To disagree, and even not like eachother is one thing but to kill each other is unacceptable and un-Islamic.

Honestly, i'm starting to think that maybe there will not be any real Islamic nation in my life time at least. Afganistan, palestine, Nigeria,pakistan, and so many other Muslim countries are corrupt and the problem is not the Non Muslims, or the west, it's the Muslim people themselves. They are divided and do not get along on anything. Maybe someday will come real Islamic leaders who are true to Allah and the Sunna. May Allah help us.

Everyone please make dua:tti_sister: for all the Muslims to be united, make dua during your sujud, and in every prayer. We need our countries to be peaceful and ruled with Islam.

p.s. sorry for my long rant, i'm just so fraustrated with all Muslims right now. I hate the way there's some sort of voilence and conflict in almost every Muslim country in the world. What has happened to the Muslim people?!!!!!!
alright i'll shut up now. i'm just sad...:girl3::girl3:

zbhotto

Banned
You should read the book, ''Don't be sad''. This is a great book every muslim should read. We pray to Almighty ALLAH (SWT) that He (SWT) joint the hearts of the believers. He (SWT) is all-wise, all-knowing.

Um Ibrahim

You should read the book, ''Don't be sad''. This is a great book every muslim should read. We pray to Almighty ALLAH (SWT) that He (SWT) joint the hearts of the believers. He (SWT) is all-wise, all-knowing.

Allahuma Amin.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Don't be sad sister. There are muslims around the world making du'a for all muslims including in Somalia. I'm sure Allah will send his help to the muslims in days to come.

palestine

Servant of Allah
I understand your frustration, as i too feel the same way. however, we must remember not to despair of the mercy of Allah caza wajala. and the question is "what do we do as individuals to contribute to the peace of the umm"?, i complain and so do all of us - but have we actually done.
sincerely your sister Ni'mah.
wasalamu alaykum

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum abaayoo:D

dont be sad wallahi, there is sometype of a problem everywhere inthe globe, Allah sees it all, lets always make dua for all, in that way, we show Allah that we never lose hope in Him!
May Allah ease the pain of all the Muslims, may Allah help the opperessed, and guide the opperessor, may Allah forgive us, and may Allah grant His mercy to all those who suffer!ameeen,ameen,ameen
wajakaAllah khairan abaayo,

Um Ibrahim

I understand your frustration, as i too feel the same way. however, we must remember not to despair of the mercy of Allah caza wajala. and the question is "what do we do as individuals to contribute to the peace of the umm"?, i complain and so do all of us - but have we actually done.
sincerely your sister Ni'mah.
wasalamu alaykum

I understand and I'm not despairing, but sometimes I just wonder, what is going on?! and to answer your question with a question, what can we do? That's another reason why I feel so fraustrated sometimes, because I don't even know what i as an individual can do. I guess the only thing I personally do especially these days is, I make dua for all the Muslims especially the Somali people.

Um Ibrahim

Esselamu aleikum

I think it is important to notice that there arent many clashes today between the mujahideen. So for example Al-shabaab and Hisbul Islam has united against the Ethiopians and now against the Somali government which is a agent of America. However certain groups such as Ahlul sunnah wal jamaah ( do not get confused by what they call themself) who are sufis and they actually started to fight the mujahideen after they destroyed sufi graves which were being worshipped.

Also I think we might expect some nationalist or secularist in Somalia to get frustrated since Al-Shabaab recently swore alliance to Usama bin Ladin and to Al-qaeda. So this will frustrate these nationalist and secularist who were fighting the ethiopians for nationalist reason.

So it is important to unite the muslims in Somalia but according to what? Nationalism? Secularism? American Islam?

Of course not, rather the muslims should unite according to the way of the prophet (pbuh) and the companions. And that is Jihad for the sake of Allah (swt) so what the word of Allah (swt) should be the highest.

Well, the two Islamic groups did unite to fight the so-called somali government along with the eithiopian and AU governments, but when they kicked them out, now they have turned against eachother, well according to all the news anyways. you should check out the link: http://www.voanews.com/somali/2009-10-02-voa1.cfm This is very recent.

Um Ibrahim

Assalamu Alaikum abaayoo:D

dont be sad wallahi, there is sometype of a problem everywhere inthe globe, Allah sees it all, lets always make dua for all, in that way, we show Allah that we never lose hope in Him!
May Allah ease the pain of all the Muslims, may Allah help the opperessed, and guide the opperessor, may Allah forgive us, and may Allah grant His mercy to all those who suffer!ameeen,ameen,ameen
wajakaAllah khairan abaayo,

Allahuma Amin...adigana dadkeeni ba tahay yaah?lol, mashaAllah.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
There's NO POINT in being frustrated, ukhti! No! Never lose hope in Allah SWT.

We need to continue making Dua to The Sustainer of the worlds for helping Muslims and have Mercy on them. Plus, do what we can do regarding this matter, take the leading role and try to make a change. It has to be someone one of us after all!
In addition, if you are a mother or to-be one, Bring up your children in the light of Islam and ensure they aren't lost in this world but they work for spreading Islam in this global village, so on.

May Allah protect us from wronging ourselves, on idividual scale and as a nation. Long live Islam. :salah:

Um Ibrahim

There's NO POINT in being frustrated, ukhti! No! Never lose hope in Allah SWT.

We need to continue making Dua to The Sustainer of the worlds for helping Muslims and have Mercy on them. Plus, do what we can do regarding this matter, take the leading role and try to make a change. It has to be someone one of us after all!
In addition, if you are a mother or to-be one, Bring up your children in the light of Islam and ensure they aren't lost in this world but they work for spreading Islam in this global village, so on.

May Allah protect us from wronging ourselves, on idividual scale and as a nation. Long live Islam. :salah:

Dearest brother, I never said i was loosing hope in Allah, but sometimes I do get fraustrated and what i'm sad about is the fact that many of us are not even aware of the situation of our people back in our home countries. That's what gets me a little sad at times. InshaAllah whenever I do have children it is my dream to raise soldiers of Allah,who will build countries built on islamic values. Yes. Long live Islam!

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Dearest sister, I never said i was loosing hope in Allah, but sometimes I do get fraustrated (!) and what i'm sad about is the fact that many of us are not even aware of the situation of our people back in our home countries. That's what gets me a little sad at times. InshaAllah whenever I do have children it is my dream to raise soldiers of Allah,who will build countries built on islamic values. Yes. Long live Islam!
Take it easy sister. Not all Muslims are practising and we all make mistakes anyway one way or the other. So yeah be kind to them when you see some say relative of yours behaving like that - correct them, in the best manner. Keep on remembering them in duas.

I won't say anything else but we need to be more optimistic, akhi.

optimistic?.....now what does that word mean??....anyways jz making the sis feel better cause its the truth.....pakistan is gonna b way worse than somalia if we jz sit back and watch NATO build a base here....I mean blackwater is already here ....what else could we possibly want than a bunch of mercenaries that shoot for fun from inside armoured vehicles

BinKhadija

An Akhu
optimistic?.....now what does that word mean??....anyways jz making the sis feel better cause its the truth.....pakistan is gonna b way worse than somalia if we jz sit back and watch NATO build a base here....I mean blackwater is already here ....what else could we possibly want than a bunch of mercenaries that shoot for fun from inside armoured vehicles
Yep, trying to make her feel better, thats right. You see, No-one is asking you to sit back and see things happening. Even if we can't see the results clearly, some people ARE working on it - may Allah prosper them. :)

optimistic: Believing that good things will happen in the future [≠ pessimistic]

This sort of comparisons really make me feel, hmm, uneasy at times. We are one Ummah - and together we want Sharia law on the earth.