Is there any racist in your area or work etc?

uk_brother786

:salam2:

I am very interesting about racist in your area or workplace.

I live in Yorkshire, England, there is some racist at my work,

all people are ok and they are not racist but when I go to the toliet and i found racist words on wall.

For Example:

U nigger and paki muslim.
F*** Islam
F*** Black power, vote BNP.
NF!
u muslim F***er, yes you.
White power!
Islam Vs BNP.

If you have any racist in your area or work etc, please tell us.

Thank you

:wasalam:

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine

I guess u are basically interested in racism in Western areas, but im interested in showing that sometimes Arab coutries exceed the west in cultural understanding and respect between people.

I lived in Jordan (I can't say where exactly ;) ). 5% are Christians, 90% are Sunni, 5% are other sects. Racism between Muslims and Christians is very scarce or even does not exist in the form u mentioned at all. Sometimes there is tribalism in some areas ( which does extend to bathrooms ;) ) but it is limited. Racist remarks based on color do not exceed nicknames used by naive children at schools, but very rare among adults.

All people have equal rights before the law except when there are some illegal intervention of tribalism that stealthily go against the law in few cases. I had many Christian friends at the university, we were very respectful of each other.

What u mentioned is considered very shameful and scandelous in Jordan.

powerofislam

there is more racism among muslims then in these western world i was born in duabie and the racism i have seen from my arab muslims you dont wana know specially if u are pakistani they will treat you like *!*!*!*! and if u are white american they will treat you liek prince

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We have had discussions on the aftermath of colonialism. When one is oppressed they take on the poisons of the oppressors.
Keep in mind and take courage that Allah has given us the physcial attributes out of His Wisdom. We thus become a trial for those who are lost in the world of pleasing and worshipping other than Allah.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
there is more racism among muslims then in these western world i was born in duabie and the racism i have seen from my arab muslims you dont wana know specially if u are pakistani they will treat you like *!*!*!*! and if u are white american they will treat you liek prince

I heared many people say the same thing about Dubai. I think it's true. Sometimes even Arabs from neighboring countries get discriminated against there. But I guess this only applies to ordinary people, but among religious people i guess it's scarce. I heared that there are many Indians and Pakistanis who work as Imams of mosques in UAE, if I'm not mistaken?

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

Uk-Brother I used to live in West yorkshire,Leeds and I agree with you. There are certain areas that your life can be in great danger because of racism. unless you white. BNP main city is Hull, just next to Leeds. They burnt houses, they physically attacked young people, elders, it does not matter whether they are male or female. Skin Heads rule major areas which muslims must avoid, muslims rule certain areas that skin heads always avoid, and Black people just the same. in Arab countries, you must be white, or european or american citizin whether you are african or arab they respect you. If you speak arabic they down grade you, and if you speak in English with them you will get so much respect... For example, There is a muslim country , where poorer people such as arab, africans, some poor individuals (non-Kuwaitis)must purchase the cheap medicine (bad quality) and if you rich you will be given the best medicine for your health...... Racism is everywhere!!!!!!!!!!...

powerofislam

I heared many people say the same thing about Dubai. I think it's true. Sometimes even Arabs from neighboring countries get discriminated against there. But I guess this only applies to ordinary people, but among religious people i guess it's scarce. I heared that there are many Indians and Pakistanis who work as Imams of mosques in UAE, if I'm not mistaken?

wel yes u are right there are loads of imams pakistani and indian beacuse arabs dont want to be and plus most imams get good benefits thats why most of paki men apply for it only . belive me brother me i never learned arabic why beause no arabic school accepts us i studied in private school over there its so shame full to see the racism in arab countries but money make you liek this

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
wel yes u are right there are loads of imams pakistani and indian beacuse arabs dont want to be and plus most imams get good benefits thats why most of paki men apply for it only . belive me brother me i never learned arabic why beause no arabic school accepts us i studied in private school over there its so shame full to see the racism in arab countries but money make you liek this

I believe u brother and feel what u feel. that's so unislamic.

justoneofmillion

assalam,well brother even if you are white skinned here in Europe
you still enjoy some favoritism as long as people do not know you are muslim trust me !!there has been no other race that has implemented raciscm and found so many ways and excuses to express it like the western race across history that is why sometimes i feel ashamed of being white alhamdulillah my other side is Arabian and those days i feel instinctivly more Arabian than German simply because it has the smell of islam the eastern culture ,the sweetness of the language,the food even if not always brings me closer to the warmth of islam am muslim first but i don`t know how to explain it is just the flow i guess.mixed with a bittersweet nostalgy....lol:SMILY252:

ps.hope didn`t offend anyone i love all muslims for the sake of Allah swt.and i stand for justice first

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I am white, but have experienced racism when i lived in ireland...as i have an English accent.

At the moment i am not wearing the hijab because of the looks of absolute horror i get off other white people....its shocking, I actually said to one lady its a headscarf not a death sentence.

People in general will always be afraid of whats different and this causes prejudice and racism.

Asalaam alaykum,

We live in Belgium, my husband is a Pakistani. And our oldest daughter (9 y.o) has many problems with racism at school, other kids avoid her and don't invite her to play at their homes and birthday parties, one girl from het class told her even that she is not allowed to play with my daughter because her father is Pakistani, and my husband is a murderer (pakistani = terrorist).
So yes we have a lot of problems here with racism.
What is happening with the world if 9 year olds are behaving like this already!!

Asmaa82

I think racism exists everywhere. :)

In my experience, during my highschool days, I am the only Muslim student and when one day I came in with a veil/hair cover, I got different kinds of looks and reactions: from curious looks to fear. But I actually find it funny. I mean the looks and reactions from schoolmates. Then the my adviser talked to me. They tried to stop me but I did not. I just told them there is no written law in the school to prevent students from practicing their faith. :girl3:

They got used to it. After 4 years, I earned their respect.

Well, that is just one of the many experiences I got from racism in our place. Too many to mention. LOL But I don't care.

We are Muslims! :SMILY346:

:salam2: I never faced racism my whole life till last year when i started wearing hijab. Recently i got on a flight one had to see the faces of the people it was as if i was going to bring the plane down. If they only knew how scared i am of flying lollll. The air hostess came to the people sitting in the emergency exit. Can you believe a couple sitting there wanted the airhostess to show them how to pull the lever. She took the plasic cover off and told them you have to pull this. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. When i used to wear skirts and was wearing the latest fashion the same people used to smile and be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo polite.My 2 year old nephew got randomly selected to have a check lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.there are soo many small small things that have happened in daily life that i laugh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam Sister,

I have two sons. One looks foreign. He has my looks. One looks white. I still have not figured that one out yet. They have the same father. Who happens to be Black.
My older son who looks white gets invited to parties and sleepovers. My son who looks foreign does not get invited to parties and sleepovers.
I love to see the reaction when people find out they are Pakistaini-Black American Muslims.We live in an area that is 97 % white and 3 % everything else.
The reason I used the word foreign is simply because my son does not look Pakistani nor Black. I have told him to tell people he can be from whereever he chooses to be at that particular moment. Or I tell them to tell people they are African American-Native American- Scott-Irish- Pakistani Muslims; a prototype for the future.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart

I am very interesting about racist in your area or workplace.

I live in Yorkshire, England, there is some racist at my work,

all people are ok and they are not racist but when I go to the toliet and i found racist words on wall.

For Example:

U nigger and paki muslim.
F*** Islam
F*** Black power, vote BNP.
NF!
u muslim F***er, yes you.
White power!
Islam Vs BNP.

If you have any racist in your area or work etc, please tell us.

Thank you

:wasalam:

Brother open your eyes there are racist in every where included muslim countires. Hello people are racist but aren't that stupid to act racist infront of public eye.

dna1987

Muslim Guy
My 2 year old nephew got randomly selected to have a check lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.there are soo many small small things that have happened in daily life that i laugh

Lol, they probably thought you might have hid something in the baby's nappy :p Salam alaikum.

Shannonx

Well since i'm hiding that i'm a Muslim I don't get called anything. Every now and then in my class though people would talk about religion, and whenever Islam is brought up someone would say "That durka durka religion?" Or just have some idiotic comment.

But even without that people always say racist remarks to each other here. My brother and I have been told one day from someone that "if he had a gun he'd shoot every white person, including us."

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I often think of rainbows. I stop whatever I am doing when I see a rainbow. Once, I stopped traffic so everyone could see the double rainbow. I think they are really miracles.
Why am I talking about rainbows. Rainbows are light caught at the perfect time by the sun. In the world of creation where so much is unseen..for a brief moment we can see. They become objects in our field of reality. One ribbon that is broken into several distinct bands of glorious color. Yet, it is one.
We are spritual beings given form by the grace of Allah. We are mankind. That is our ribbon. Each color is distinct but incomplete without the other. You can't have a rainbow with one color nor can you have a rainbow without all the colors.
It is that simple.

justoneofmillion

Salaam,

I often think of rainbows. I stop whatever I am doing when I see a rainbow. Once, I stopped traffic so everyone could see the double rainbow. I think they are really miracles.
Why am I talking about rainbows. Rainbows are light caught at the perfect time by the sun. In the world of creation where so much is unseen..for a brief moment we can see. They become objects in our field of reality. One ribbon that is broken into several distinct bands of glorious color. Yet, it is one.
We are spritual beings given form by the grace of Allah. We are mankind. That is our ribbon. Each color is distinct but incomplete without the other. You can't have a rainbow with one color nor can you have a rainbow without all the colors.
It is that simple.
assalam,lol..........very true and beautiful sister haha some lesson of eloquence there tell `em appa it has got the flow !thanks

wassalam:SMILY259: