Is there anyone out there that is married to someone from a totally different race?

amira87

I love Allah
I have an older sister that is married to an arab and she is american. Ofcourse they'll always have their differences with culture, belief, family traditions, and opinions. From my own two eyes I think that the two are both hard headed people.......lol Is anyone out there have experience with this same situation. I also want to ask........are most arabs so darn hard headed......lol. I want to hear from everyone alike. I am not saying this to judge people.......I can be a hot head myself.....we all have our weaknesses. I know for a fact that I do want to marryy somone from a different ethnic backround from mid east or something like that. I like to try something different. Basically my point is.......does anyone have a husband or wife that is from a totally different country, and how is it going so far. I would like to hear others opinions about this topic too......from everywhere.....single or married...thx everyone. WhAt Do Ya ThInK?:)

aisha-uk

Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu

I'm European and dh is Arabic.. When we decided to get married, we talked about everything before taking the final step, Alhamdulillah.. we talked about the big and minor issues we might face, both within the culture and religion.. we agreed and comprimised until we both were satisfied (i was a christian back then, so some things were a bit differcult to swallow, lol)
Since i've reverted there are alot of things that have come naturally and i find it easier to understand where dh is coming from, when we discuss, aswell as knowing when it's cultural and when it's islamic..

Alhamdulillah dh is a calm person, or maybe not calm, but surely can control his anger, MashaAllah

saira1984

Trust in Allah swt
salam,

I just read your post and wanted to let you know I am English and from a typical English family apart from the fact that I reverted and my hubby of almost 2 years is from somalia so yes we are from totally different backgrounds and alsthough we do have alot in common we also have a lot of differences especially when it comes to traditions!!! lol
It can be hard but alhumdillah Allah has made it easy for us and Insha allah we will be spending many of years together and there will be plenty more differences ahead :hijabi:

Masalam Saira x

May Allah guide us all on the rightous path :tti_sister:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I suggest you review past threads. This has been covered over and over again. You will gain some useful perspectives.

dania

My Hisband is mix black and withe

I have an older sister that is married to an arab and she is american. Ofcourse they'll always have their differences with culture, belief, family traditions, and opinions. From my own two eyes I think that the two are both hard headed people.......lol Is anyone out there have experience with this same situation. I also want to ask........are most arabs so darn hard headed......lol. I want to hear from everyone alike. I am not saying this to judge people.......I can be a hot head myself.....we all have our weaknesses. I know for a fact that I do want to marryy somone from a different ethnic backround from mid east or something like that. I like to try something different. Basically my point is.......does anyone have a husband or wife that is from a totally different country, and how is it going so far. I would like to hear others opinions about this topic too......from everywhere.....single or married...thx everyone. WhAt Do Ya ThInK?:)

As salam alaykoum

I am French but I have got algerian origins , my Husband is a convert he is mix black and withe ,even we came from differentes culture we have got the most importante things in this life in commun our religion ISLAM ...
That is all we need to live in peace .

As salam alaykoum

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best

Salam Alaikum
I'm married to a Syrian, I'm half english half hungarian. I don't think you should necessarily go looking to marry someone from a certain culture the most important thing is that the person is a good Muslim. I think white convert brothers have a hard time finding a wife because all the convert women want a man from the middle east, which in some sense might be a little predjudice. Arabs are just like people from anywhere, some are hot headed some aren't it depends on the person. If the person is a good Muslim culture will not get in the way, with me and my DH we mix our cultures and life is a fun like that.
:wasalam:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salam Alaikum
I'm married to a Syrian, I'm half english half hungarian. I don't think you should necessarily go looking to marry someone from a certain culture the most important thing is that the person is a good Muslim. I think white convert brothers have a hard time finding a wife because all the convert women want a man from the middle east, which in some sense might be a little predjudice. Arabs are just like people from anywhere, some are hot headed some aren't it depends on the person. If the person is a good Muslim culture will not get in the way, with me and my DH we mix our cultures and life is a fun like that.
:wasalam:

I beg to differ. You can marry any muslim you want as long as you do not think the caucasians are better than the arabs or any other scenario.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
I beg to differ. You can marry any muslim you want as long as you do not think the caucasians are better than the arabs or any other scenario.

:salam2:
:confused::confused::confused:
huh brother I understand you are not happy to see me here but you missed my point completely. I'm saying look for a good Muslim, don't just look for one specifically because they are from another country......do you understand now?:wasalam:

dianek

I am American and my husband is Tunisian and we really have huge cultural and still some religous differences. The biggest I found with him is that he wants me to be like his mother.....clean, cook and try to please them all 24/7, wants me to act like a tunisian wife would, while he also enjoys me working full time, etc. In short, he wants his cake and eat it too!!!! And he is VERY hard and hot headed!!! I am as well so we have some pretty explosive moments. I wouldn't wish this arrangement on anyone else. Marriage is hard enough with someone you share similar backgrounds with, having the cultural and religious differences mixed really just make it worse. Even though I have converted recently, I still don't see things about religion the way he does.

Manaal_e_Afghan

in we asians
people dont prefer to marry to some other country's people
such as we Afghans want to marry in Afghans
so it will be easy for us in the future life
but as you all have said that you and your spouse came
form different backgrounds so MashAllah
may Allah swt grant you success in Dunya and in Hereafter.

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

ummm...my mom is singaporean and my dad is an arab egyptian . So yea i just realized that like 99.9 percent of arabs are hot headed . My dad is . He can loose his patience just like that on something very small . And yea both have cultural differences since one is from africa the other from asia . Which makes me AsianAfrican ,,a very rare mix haha . i hope i answered your question

:salam2:

Manaal_e_Afghan

personally i feel that
it doe'nt matter where are you from?
we are muslims and we can marry any muslim
throughout the world it doe'nt matter whether He or She is Arab,asian etc

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
wa alaikum salaam..well I don't see color when I look for prospect.. I look for piety...sense of humor.....bank account.......height......sense of humor ....piety........and last but not least....sense of humor again....oh yeah and a beard

gazkour

they are hard headed!!

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

I have never liked to generalised when talking about races. But for my own experience I can quite confidently say that arabs are! I'm married to one and we are from different backrounds and let me tell you honestly: it's not easy at all.
My opinion is that no matter what race are you and your spouse from, what really matters is the DEEN. I think problems in mixed marriages are not because of the race difference but because of weakness in DEEN of one or both of the spouses. It is just easier to blame it entirely on the race or backround.
When I say weakness in the DEEN I'm talking about not being able to control your temperament or your bad habits or costumes and that is always going to cause friction.
To be more especific and honest, these kind of cases are very much known among born muslims marrying reverts. Unfortunately(or should I say fortunately?!) we reverts are most of the times much more practicing of our beautiful religion than our spouse and that's where the problem stands.

Allah knows best and may Allah guide us all, enshaAllah.:hijabi:

Destiny_Jannah

asSalamu Aleikom

Having different cultures and religions can make marriage more hard. The more common two married couple have the longer their marriage will last, ( that's according to my psychology prof ;))
To me, as long as both people share Islam, cultural differences can be overcome.

If you come from family that have very strong tradtional background, and you decide you wanna marry other cultures, be Sure to be ready for the long debate and discussion. The family will think the world has come to an end.

Sa'diyah

I am American and my husband is from West Africa (Senegal). We have been married for seven yrs., and we get along just fine, we complete each other, we are soul mates. We have two children and they are beautiful. So anyway if you love and respect each other, you can work out most issues. Of course you will have your differences, but that is part of life, we all have differences, even identical twins have differences. The point is to have enough love to make it work.

Blessings

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
wa alaikum salaam..well I don't see color when I look for prospect.. I look for piety...sense of humor.....bank account.......height......sense of humor ....piety........and last but not least....sense of humor again....oh yeah and a beard

LOL Sis.... You should add in some seriousness too, or else he'll be a laughing clown. :biggrin:

amira87

I love Allah
Salamzzz

thanks guys for all your help......I know I have to look for deen when finding my first love....da da da. I was just asking this question because I wanted to hear if anyone had any bad or good experiences while being involved with someone from a complete different backround thats all. I ask because I see this experience with my own two eyes everyday of my life. Also.....I dont mean that I'll only marry someone from the middle east because I like american reverts as well.....I mean ALLAH HU ALLAM what our future with holds. OK I guess I'll just leave it at that for now, thx for the help.