it blew me off my feet

BigAk

Yup... I don't blame you brother Shaheer... I have just spent two of the most beautiful weeks in Dubai back in January. I took my son and my wife.. We absolutely loved every minute there.. and ever since I'm back, I have been looking into finding a job there; although the economy is in a slump now. We went to the indoor ski resort and we skiied there for hours. It was incredible. My sister lives there.. She lives in a city called Al-Ain. What I loved the most about being there is that wherever you are, you'll hear Azan five times a day. Plus there's a mosque every few miles... Masha Allah.. I am ready to go back.. LOL

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
yea, lol now i want to go there Inshallah one day but first Saudi Arabic to Makkah and Medina the later on Inshallah to their early fantacies :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Talk about spending money wisely! (they will eventually run out of oil..so they're investing in tourism BIG TIME!)..very astonishing I must say!

It does remind me however of something scary...

A sign about the end of time! (i.e. Bedouins competing in building high/big buildings..*sigh*)

:wasalam:

islamisthesolution

Talk about spending money wisely! (they will eventually run out of oil..so they're investing in tourism BIG TIME!)..very astonishing I must say!

A sign about the end of time! (i.e. Bedouins competing in building high/big buildings..*sigh*)

this is exactly what i felt

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

your right i just remembered that :( its scary

As Salaam Alaikum everyone. I think its pretty scary.The end of times are surely near. I also think it pretty sad with all the the money being spent there, When our muslim brothers and sisters are sufering else ware. GREED!

pcozzy

As Salaam Alaikum everyone. I think its pretty scary.The end of times are surely near. I also think it pretty sad with all the the money being spent there, When our muslim brothers and sisters are sufering else ware. GREED!

I felt the same way about this well known hadith it is here for those who are wondering what we are talking about:

http://abdurrahman.org/sunnah/nawavi40Expl/hadith02.html

but in this commentary let me point out:

The signs of Akhirah mentioned in this hadith are minor signs, as opposed to major ones. We believe in these signs but we should not worry about them too much - we should not worry about when these signs will occur. We should actually be careful as some of these signs are bad deeds and we must steer away from these bad deeds.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

I haven't looked at other commentaries about though.

ar-Rasool PBUH, has informed us correctly, who would of thought that a desert would yield such wealth. AllahuAkbar!

wa Allah ya3lam the Hour and everything

[/FONT]

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Ditto to those who said this is a sign of the end of time.

I'm not a big fan of high rise buildings horrified of heights... But I am a fan of astonishing. Amazing how beautiful this dunya is try to imagine the paradise, although is out of our senses.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
I guess I didn't know there was so much development going on in Dubai and it was really shocking for me how amazing building and structures are being made, thats is all fine but it should be drive us away from Allah (swt) cuz all this is going to stay in duniya and our deeds are going to move on with us

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
aslam o alikum
thats is all fine but it should be drive us away from Allah (swt) cuz all this is going to stay in duniya and our deeds are going to move on with us

ASAK,
I second this opinion by brother shaheerpak. I recenlty heard from a relative that the prince of dubai owes a lot in interest to the banks after the recession has hit the economy. I think the number was around 80 billion dollars.

I sometimes am scared to see what is going on in dubai (Apart from high rise buildings). It clearly shows that the end of time is very close.

JAK

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamualaykum

Dubai is very popular with the kuffar.

I had a lecturer saying it was one of the best places he had been, mentioning all the different types of alcohol he managed to get while he was there

colleen.eha

Thank you all for opening my eyes!
(I'm still new to Islam).
Allah ta'ala!!!!
I am fearful of the 'end of days'. I look for signs, I am afraid of hellfire!
Is this a good thing?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Thank you all for opening my eyes!
(I'm still new to Islam).
Allah ta'ala!!!!
I am fearful of the 'end of days'. I look for signs, I am afraid of hellfire!
Is this a good thing?

Yes sister Mashallah, thats what makes us do good things and forbid us for bad that we care about hell fire and end of time, Inshallah Allah (swt) will bless you and guide you to heaven - ameen :)

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Are they crazy or are they crazy? Lol.. that is A LOT of money!! masyaAllah! I want to visit dubai someday if I can afford it insyaAllah

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
WOW!! Soo much has been done in Dubai and still building more... I wanna visit there someday InshAllah.. but more important is Makkah and Madina..
I really really feel soo sad seeing sooo much money been spent in UAE.. If the government gave that money to poor people in Africa, South America and Asia they will thank God.. This is a test from Allah.. Allah will reward them.. but its the shaytan showing them how this world is important and it shld be taking care.. May Allah guide them.. Ameen.. Not only that soon day of judgment is near and all that will be useless to Allah.. SubhanAllah... May Allah grant us Janat-Al-Firdous insted of showing this shaytan stuff.. Ameen.. May Allah keep us away from this world... We Ummah belong to Janat Al Firdous..

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
WOW!! Soo much has been done in Dubai and still building more... I wanna visit there someday InshAllah.. but more important is Makkah and Madina..
I really really feel soo sad seeing sooo much money been spent in UAE.. If the government gave that money to poor people in Africa, South America and Asia they will thank God.. This is a test from Allah.. Allah will reward them.. but its the shaytan showing them how this world is important and it shld be taking care.. May Allah guide them.. Ameen.. Not only that soon day of judgment is near and all that will be useless to Allah.. SubhanAllah... May Allah grant us Janat-Al-Firdous insted of showing this shaytan stuff.. Ameen.. May Allah keep us away from this world... We Ummah belong to Janat Al Firdous..

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

GAZIJA

Staff member

nothing to add:astag: