Its important please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousef83

Dear brothers/sisters pls dont get me wrong,we are here to learn everything better and improve our imaan.
I want to warn you that Allah c.c has not any name as God or something.Its very bad habit around some Muslims.
Allah c.c has 99 names (Esma-ul Husna) These are all adjectives,that is have meanings.But God's mean "diyo" in French,"huda" in persian and old Arabians "ilah" we don't know whats their means.
Our Prophet (sav) never used that name to call Allah c.c
Allah c.c has completely different names.
Our Prophet (sav) has a hadith about this subject :
"No doubt Allah (c.c) has 99 names,100 minus 1,exactly Allah (c.c) is single,who memorize these 99 names,understand means and say them sometimes then Allah (c.c) will reward that person in a Paradise"

Please choose a name in these 99 names and quit to call as God
search as 99 names of Allah,you will get with meanings

Amina 1

:salam2:

Jazaaka Allahu Khayran

I was wondering why so many posts use God instead of Allah. Thank you for this wonderful reminder to everyone. may Hafiz guide us always:tti_sister:

Almeftah

Dear brothers/sisters pls dont get me wrong,we are here to learn everything better and improve our imaan.
I want to warn you that Allah c.c has not any name as God or something.Its very bad habit around some Muslims.
Allah c.c has 99 names (Esma-ul Husna) These are all adjectives,that is have meanings.But God's mean "diyo" in French,"huda" in persian and old Arabians "ilah" we don't know whats their means.
"No doubt Allah (c.c) has 99 names,100 minus 1,exactly Allah (c.c) is single,who memorize these 99 names,understand means and say them sometimes then Allah (c.c) will reward that person in a Paradise"

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

dear brother..

I dont think what you'r saying is correct.. I found this definition of God as:

- the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in ...

The word God is nothing more than an english word refering to our Lord, The Ruler and Creater of this universe, Its not a name of HIS.

Almost like when you say "car", when there are different brands of cars, like Toyota, GMC, Chevy.. all these are names of a car.

So God has 99 names, and "Allah" is one of them.

As we use the arabic word "Rabi" meaning my lord in Dua'a, where "Rabi" isnt a name.

And Allah is all knower.

revert2007

Love Fishing
perhaps ur refering to me because i hv thread using God...if i wanna explain to non-muslim,i can't use the word Allah because they won't understand.what is the point of explaining something to non-muslim that they don't understand.it is just like talking arabic to chinese who totally don't understand arabic and they wont get my message.among muslims better to address as Allah or Allah's 99 names.but when ur explaining to non-muslims,better use God because we dont want to offend them :wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother Yousef83 was not totalling wrong, he has some points. I also wonder why are we saying "Jesus" instead of Prophet Isaa (peace be upon him) when Prophet Isaa (peace be upon him) never call himself "Jesus" at any point of time? This word "Jesus" I understand was given by the latino. In fact Allah also called him Isaa (peace be upon him) in the Qur'an. Likewise, other names. I too make this mistake.

This is something we need to think about and perhaps to be debated.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Brother Yousef83 was not totalling wrong, he has some points. I also wonder why are we saying "Jesus" instead of Prophet Isaa (peace be upon him) when Prophet Isaa (peace be upon him) never call himself "Jesus" at any point of time? This word "Jesus" I understand was given by the latino. In fact Allah also called him Isaa (peace be upon him) in the Qur'an. Likewise, other names. I too make this mistake.

This is something we need to think about and perhaps to be debated.

hmmm...ur right...that what Ahmed Deedat said once

a_stranger

I think that brother Yousif is right God is not name of Allah subhanahu wa taalla but we use it because most of new muslems and those who are learning about Islam are familiar with the name God which refers to Allah subhanahu wa taalla though the true meaning of Allah swt is not found clear only in Quran. May be we can use the name : The creator instead, because some people the idea of God is so distorted in their minds.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Perhaps in "speaking" this can cause an issue as it would not specify *which* god you're talking about (example: a Hindu might think of his own version of that..a Christian of his own..a Zoroasterian of his..etc.)

but in writing it can be clear by capitalizing the G..and writing God instead of god

We need to be aware that we are on a forum viewed by everyone (especially non-Muslims) with varying degrees of awareness with "Islamic terminology" in its "original Arabic"...thus the use of latinized versions such as *God*..*Lord*..*Jesus*..*Mary*..etc.

If we are to analyze things this way..what would the Arab Christians be saying?..they don't believe in the principle of the "99 names" of Allah..but they use the word *Allah* in Arabic..would they have to use the English "God" for example because *Muslims* use the word *Allah*?

The point is that no one here is attempting to misuse this issue..they are only trying to eliminate confusions..I am sure many of us prefer to use Islamic terminology as we know them because it is easier and even more understandable with *other fellow Muslims*..but TTI has a much more diverse audience and we need to bear this in mind..and the issue here is strictly a *difference* in *language* (i.e. you cannot go to a VIETNAMESE person for example and say *diyo* or even *God* and expect them to understand what it means..I am sure in the Vietnamese language there is a "word" for that which when used will IMMEDIATELY spark understanding :))

:wasalam:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
if we use word ' God' to explain to non-muslims that Allah is the same God Who is Creator of universe, i dont think its wrong.

and Allah knows best.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

oh ! thanks , i dont know, how many times did use such words.. but, i had a doubt.. thanks for clearing it

Yousef83

Islam is completely different with rules.We have to memorize everything according to original Book.Then start to pray with your language,forget Arabian?I know what you mean when u call God but We have to follow our Prophet (sav) and i reported His (sav) hadith there,isnt it very specific? you also have other bad habits
you say His (estagfurullah) his mean you know in english or he
you can say Allah(cc)'s instead of His,but i think you lazy to type more letter.
Please do not add american habits to this religion,its very specific we have to use names in Arabian and prayers.All of you know better God is christian.
Why arabians quit to say Ilah why Turks quit to say Tengri? you have to quit.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam Alikom

Brother I think befor you pass any judgment on this aks an scholar or Imam, you can not just pass what you think, When a Muslim Say God he means Allah subhan Wa Tallaa, some people dont know Allah's name till they learn it they dont have choice except to use the word God but Allah knows best we need to ask an scholar or Imam about it.

The other thing is we need to be carfull when we mention the prophet peace be up on him (instead of using pbuh or saw) we need to mention the whole word of :saw: or peace be up on him ( which wasnt used by scholars or companions in english) but if a person dont know how to say it he can say peace be up on him..

Islam is religion of easiness and simpliness dont start passing judgment without going back to scholars. we need to ask the scholars before we just get excited and pass judgment on something like this.

Allah knows best...

Yousef83

of course its not my own ideas,other im agree if you ensure God is one of Allah (c.c)' name, i listen to from scholars and they i explained why they say God is not same mean of Allah (c.c)
why christians says God and if its same why they don't say Allah sometimes? if its the same they have to use in Arabian.We don't need to follow non-muslim habits.
Christians think God different and we think different you know that surely as you sure about ur name.Their belief completely different.
Other reason Allahc.c' names with meanings not just for name to call.
instead of arguing here you can easly quit that habit.ok i just warned search in 5 mins and get the truth

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Brother you need to becarfull of what you saying can you mention the shyokkh who said that and I am not arguing with you, you can not just say what you want and assume every one have to assume you are correct unless you bring a fatwa or hadith proven you point, I know your intention is good but dont go in to warning and that what people doing is wrong and they are sining if say the word God... you cant judge!

Beside do you know that the Arab chirsitians use the word of Allah as for God ? so now do we need to stop the word of Allah too ?

As long as you believe in oness of Allah subhan Wa Talaa, the word God is refering to Allah subhan Wa Tallla ,,, I dont know and I will ask for you today.

I found this from Arab news ..Allah knows best.

Question. Since we earn reward for merely mentioning the name Allah, why do some of us replace it with God? I have been taught by my father that the name Allah is not in any language other than Arabic and its meaning is known only to Allah. Therefore, we must not even use the pronouns He and Him in reference to Him, since Allah has no gender. Please comment.

- Fatima Kazi

Answer. To say that the name Allah has a meaning known only to Allah Himself is wrong, because you have to understand what the name means before you believe in Him. Otherwise, you are believing in what you do not understand. This is not acceptable in a religion that repeatedly calls on us to use our minds and to think about life, the universe, creation, etc. Allah is the Arabic name that refers to the Supreme Being who created all that exists. He has certain attributes of perfection which are due to Him, and we acknowledge all these as we learn them from the Qur'an and the Prophet (peace be upon him).

To say that we cannot use the pronouns 'He' and 'Him' in reference to Allah is again wrong, because He has used these in referring to Himself in the Qur'an. He says for example: "All that is in the heavens and the earth extol God's limitless glory. He is Almighty, Wise. To Him belongs the kingdom of the heavens and the earth. He gives life and causes death, and He has power over all things." (57: 1-2). In Arabic we often use these pronouns to refer to Him, as we would use them in reference to any person. The Prophet did, which shows that using them is perfectly appropriate.

The word 'God' is the English name for Allah, and there is no harm in using it. In fact it is better to use it because if you use the Arabic name, people tend to think that this is a different being whom only Muslims worship. But when you use 'God' they realize that you are referring to the Almighty.

Yousef83

The God of the Bible identifies himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Jacobs name is later changed to the name Israel, being the father of the 12 tribes of Israel. The God of the Bible calls Jerusalem the city of David and that the Messiah would descend from his lineage. Neither does the God of the Bible does not mention Mecca or Medina but instead Jerusalem 800 times. Yet Jerusalem is not mentioned in the Koran, which the Muslim claims as there own.

The God in the Bible is called the God of the Jews, an impossibility with Allah. They are called his chosen people, but they are not Allah's chosen. Allah commands the Muslim to not take the Jews or Christians as friends, Sura.5:51 disdains the Jews. Mohammed said, “The last hour will not come before the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Muslims kill them.” (Mishkat Al Masabih Sh.M. Ashraf pp.147, 721, 810-11, 1130). So how could Israel inherit the land or any of God's promises from Allah, if he is their God. Clearly he is not the same God of the Bible.

http://www.letusreason.org/islam6.htm

Yousef83

its very hard to explain something to americans really,i gave up.Call what u want.I scare if you liken to christianism

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

Are we really going to argue or rather have a heated debate on whether to call Allah by Allah or His 99 names, or God? First, Allahu Alam, Second, it is much more serious things going on in the world with this Muslim Ummah, therefore let us not fight over this. Allah is Allah, La illaha illa Allah. Let's be friends :)

It is not because we are Americans, Asians, Europeans, Africans, etc., the point is that we believe in Allah (SWT) and that we study our Islam and our Aqeedah, if it is our Aqeedah to call Allah by Allah or His 99 names then we should do so, but if we do not know then let's go and study and see InshaAllah, or just say Allahu Alam. Again, let's be how Allah (SWT) explain the people in the Qur'an whom He loves who are humble to the believers.

If I have offended anyone by saying this then I am truly sorry, and if what I'm saying is wrong then may Allah forgive me, but what is best is that two Muslims should not argue, and if we have a difference of opinions then we can still be brothers and sisters. May Allah grant us All Jannatul Firdous and unite our hearts Ameen.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
its very hard to explain something to americans really,i gave up.Call what u want.I scare if you liken to christianism

Sobhanallah..why is it hard to explain things to "Americans?"..are we THAT blind in our biases?!...the people who replied to you akhi all come from different backgrounds..there was a brother from Kuwait..a brother and a sister from Malaysia..an Egyptian brother..an Iraqi (myself)..and an Indian brother..these are the nationalities I could name from member info..there could be other ones which I missed!

If you are frustrated with a certain aspect of a point you're trying to share..then perhaps it's best to review its basis and do some research so you can see where you might have a misunderstanding or where others may have one..there's no need to specifiy a nationality or a people of a certain background..I hope my words do not offend you but you comment did upset me a bit

:wasalam:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member

salam aleikum
Brother don't generalize first of all ..
Who said the brothers and sisters who posting are americans?
Don't make your own assumptions and jump to conclusions please..
We are Muslims and we have to have the best manners and talk in the best way possible....
Please be respectful ..
We are all different ,but we are one family ,we are Muslims ,remember that....

waaleikum salam

ummu thany

sister in islam
Salaam Alikom

Islam is religion of easiness and simpliness dont start passing judgment without going back to scholars. we need to ask the scholars before we just get excited and pass judgment on something like this.

Allah knows best...

I am agree with this statement.This is not only for this issue. all of us before posting a thread or reply, we should keep remember this point. May Allah (swt) guide all of us to the right path. :tti_sister:

Status
Not open for further replies.