JUSTICE FOR A BLIND IMAM!

hijabi_sis

Asalaamealykum warahmatulah wabarkatuhu!

InshAllah I hope you are in the best of Health and emaan! Plese read this and do not ignore it!

Shiekh Muhammad El Salamouni (A former Imaam at Regents Park Mosque- Central London) was attacked by a racist yob a few years ago. This brutal attack left him blind (SubhanAllah what a trial), the authorities at Regents Park Mosque (His employers) have made the decision to ban him from leading prayers,, from delivering Friday sermons, and worst of all they have decided to deport him back to his home country....

How unfair is this? First you become the victim of a racist attack and then you get sacked because you are blind! AstugfiruAllah! Just because a wise man has become blind it does not mean he should be treated with such injustice!

Sheikh Salamouni has been a Imaam at the Regents Park Mosque in London for over 4 years regardless of being blind. Please visit the following website which discusses Sheikh Salamouni’s case in detail: http://londonmuslims.blogspot.com/2011/06/case-of-sheikh-el-salamouni-and-regents.html

So my respected brothers and sisters do not sit there with your mouths closed! Speak up against this clear act of injustice!
Get in touch with the Mosque by using the following methods:
1. emailing them at [email protected]

2. You can telephone the Mosque on
0207 725 2-213/152

3. Fax them regarding this matter on 0207 724 0493.

4. Or alternatively you can write to them at the following address:

The Islamic Cultural Centre & The London Central Mosque
146 Park Road
London
NW8 7RG

(A protest will be carried out on Friday 29th July, outside the Regents Park Mosque after salaatul Jummah InshAllah in Support of Sheikh El- Salamouni)
Let’s unite together and stand up for this just cause! For the sake of Allah let’s not overlook this problem. If Allah wanted we could have been afflicted with this Sheikh’s trial so let’s not ignore this call for help.
Oh Ummah of Muhammad (saw) time is running out! Sheikh Salamouni will be evicted from his apartment at Regents park mosque on Tuesday 9th August so please get in touch with the Mosque as soon as possible InshAllah.

Please spread the word to as many Muslim Brothers and sisters as you can! May Allah reward you abundantly ameen.

maryjo

That makes me furious to hear and its even worse to hear that its a MOSQUE hes beong sacked from!!!! Lets raise our voices and do something about, lets flood them with emails and calls :mad:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~May Allah swt help and guide us~Amin!

:salam2:

What a sad
tragic and encounter.

He might be blind but his heart is not!

A great sympathy and good assistance should be shown
to our dear Imam not making him more less and looking down on him.
I don't see why one should sack him when he still can perform
and capable of doing what he was before???

There is nothing wrong in Islam for a blind person to lead a prayer or delivering Friday sermons or being an Imam!
When he is all practice and capable to become one.
Allah swt put the faith and knowledge to the highest level,
as emphasized in the Words of Allah swt says:
:bismillah:
Allah swt will raise those of you who believe and those
who are given some degree of knowledge.
(Surah Al-Mujadalah, verse 11)

~May Allah swt protect and help him~Amin!

:jazaak:
For sharing this
sister.

~May Allah swt help and guide us~Amin!

Thank you,
Take care!
~Wassalam :)

hijabi_sis

Wa alykumusalaam warahmatulahi wabaraktuhu

Im sorry for my late respond to your messages.... I have been away for a week Alhumdulilah have just returned home. Hope your all warm and well and making the most of this blessed month of Ramadan....

I am going to see this sheikh and his wife tomorrow inshAllah. When ever I visit them I feel very inspired alhumdulilah...... He never complains about his trials or problems, instead he always asks me "How are you? and what can I do for you?" subhanAllah we can not even imagine being in his trial. this sheikh has so much sabr and Taqwa in Allah! mashAllah tabarakAllah.... its not long left before he will be evicted....

Please keep him in your duas....

May Allah give him justice ameen ameen ameen.

JazakAllah khairan for your support. please keep spreading the word.

A-believer-25

How could they treat him like this just because he is blind? :mad:

:astag:

May Allah (SWT) reward and bless this shiekh, and may Allah (SWT) help him and make things easy for him, ameen!

esperanza

revert of many years
im deeply saddened to read this case..may allah help him and reward him,,,,sad to find such a case of unislamic behavior,,,,by those who know what is right..very sad in this month of ramadan

hijabi_sis

Asalaamu alykum warahamtulahe wabarakatuhu

Sheikh will be evicted tomorrow :-(... please don't forget him in your du'as....

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

may Allah bless him; forgive his sins and admit him to paradise.

why did the masjid committee decide to stop him from leading the salaah? I'm sure they should give a reason, they cannot just remove an imaam...

Abu Ameerah

May Allah help him...Pious people always gets difficult trials, in return Allah reserve for them reward in the hereafter...PARADISE...

ayesha.ansari

Astagfirullah

What a bad decision they take. If some one Got blind then he is not allowed to live his own life. Well lets start a protest against them all. and pray for them as well:tti_sister:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Astaghfirullah!! Astaghfirullah!! Astaghfirullah!!

Indeed, Allah will surely judge between these rude people who is doing these horrible things in the name of Islam.

Have they never read the History of Islam? If they did, do not they know that many a times when the Prophet (pbuh) went out of Madina, he appointed Abdullah bin Ummu Maktoum (radiyallahu 'anh) as the Chief of Madina???? Wallahi he was a blind Sahaba. Do not they know the reason why Allah revealed the first verses of Surah Abasa????

Moreover, do not these people know one of the most knowledgeable Sheikh this world has seen in the late era, Samaatus-Sheikh Abdullah ibn Baaz (rahimahullah), the former Mufti and Hajj Imam???? Many scholars say that he is the Mujaddid of this era. Yet, he is blind. Allahu Akbar!

Also, do not these people see who is the Hajj Imam even today???? Sheikh Aal Sheikh. He is blind or NOT????

Wallahi this is not Islam. This is totally against Islam. May Allah help our Imam and judge on these rude people accordingly. I am totally mad after reading this.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

hijabi_sis

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

may Allah bless him; forgive his sins and admit him to paradise.

why did the masjid committee decide to stop him from leading the salaah? I'm sure they should give a reason, they cannot just remove an imaam...

Apologies for the late reply had loads to do.... right Sheikh Muhammad is the oldest Imaam at the Regents Park Mosque yet he has very little rights.... its a harsh world brother.... When He lost his eyes he did not receive any form of compensation or financial Aid from the Masjid either.....

If you can try to visit the Masjid and see the sheikh yourself inshAllah, his humble character will truly inspire you mashAllah tabarakAllah.

hijabi_sis

JazakAllah khairan for all your duas my dear brothers and sisters.... I thought I should up date you guys..... Alhumdulilah Allah has answered your duas..... the sheikh was supposed to be evicted on Tuesday 9th of August, however after a lot of protesting the director of the Mosque (Ahmed Dubayan) told the sheikh that he can stay at his apartment at the Masjid until the end of Ramadan... however inshAllah the protest to keep sheikh at the Masjid permanently will continue....

May Allah do what is best Ameen.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
JazakAllah khairan for all your duas my dear brothers and sisters.... I thought I should up date you guys..... Alhumdulilah Allah has answered your duas..... the sheikh was supposed to be evicted on Tuesday 9th of August, however after a lot of protesting the director of the Mosque (Ahmed Dubayan) told the sheikh that he can stay at his apartment at the Masjid until the end of Ramadan... however inshAllah the protest to keep sheikh at the Masjid permanently will continue....

May Allah do what is best Ameen.

Alhamdulillah!That is great news mashaAllah!Hope he will be permanent there inshaAllah.
:jazaak: for updating us.

:wasalam:

tabuzbr

I have emailed on this injustice, but I am slightly confused,if the imam has been there since the past four years despite the blindness, then why all of a sudden he is being evicted,or is there some other reason like age factor or replacing someone after a certain period of time,anyway I have written in the email that whatever decision they take hope they can defend themselves on the day of judgement

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Apologies for the late reply had loads to do.... right Sheikh Muhammad is the oldest Imaam at the Regents Park Mosque yet he has very little rights.... its a harsh world brother.... When He lost his eyes he did not receive any form of compensation or financial Aid from the Masjid either.....

If you can try to visit the Masjid and see the sheikh yourself inshAllah, his humble character will truly inspire you mashAllah tabarakAllah.

Jazak Allahu khyir for the update. may be that Allah has prepared the best for him for the hereafter...

may Allah grant him what is good for him in this world and in the next. I hope that masjid will take him back permanently... or else may Allah replace him with something better.

PS : i am not living in the UK, so i cannot meet him in person. but i wish i could meet such humble imaams..

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:wasalam:

What ???? chasing away an Imaam 'coz he is blind???

May Allah Azzawajal guide them and us Aameen

Let me remind them.. that

Our Prophet (PBUH) sent Ummi Makhtoom (Ral) as a Daa'ee to Madina on the first crew which went on to propagate Islam in Madina !!!

Oh mUslims.. remember he , Ummi Makhtoom (Ral) was BLIND BY BIRTH !!!

And of course the same companion was standing with the flag inthe battle field too (I forgot which battle )

YET HE WAS BLIND BY BIRTH.....

And if this Imam is righteous and has no complaints against him which could be sufficient to drive him away from the post of the leader , then this nation should never do whatever it is trying to do...

Allah knows the best....