Knowing Our Prophet Better

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
I had heard Prophet :saw: said that Hadhrat Ali (Radhi Allah Anh) - I'm not sure if it is or isn't correct. Hopefully someone else would know and will correct us.

Brother Ibn Uthaymin, can you please post the hadeeth (the source) on which your above above question was based? Jazak Allah khayran.

Me too, I know about only Hz. Ali RadiAllah Anh, I searched but could find the hadith only in Turkish.

However I havent found the hadith about Julaybeeb radiallah anhu.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Me too, I know about only Hz. Ali RadiAllah Anh, I searched but could find the hadith only in Turkish.

Means we need to wait, Insha'Allah. Jazak Allah for putting in effort to find it though.

Wa'salaam

Ibn Uthaymin

Ok. I heard the story. It was word of mouth by a godd brother (ABu Mujahid Uthaman Lateef was his name) im not really sure of the source but ill try and find out.

Julaybeeb was a dwarf and so the people would make fun of him, but he would constantly glorify Allah. He was a social outcast. When he went to the battle field and was killed - dying by the grace of ALlah for a good proportion of people who mocked him- and when the prophet inquired about those killed, the people forgot to mention Julaybeeb.The prophet salllahu alyhi wassalaam then himself inquired about Julaybeeb and he wept when news came of his death and proclaimed "I am from him and he is from me"

This is very short version of his story.

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Ok. I heard the story. It was word of mouth by a godd brother (ABu Mujahid Uthaman Lateef was his name) im not really sure of the source but ill try and find out.

Julaybeeb was a dwarf and so the people would make fun of him, but he would constantly glorify Allah. He was a social outcast. When he went to the battle field and was killed - dying by the grace of ALlah for a good proportion of people who mocked him- and when the prophet inquired about those killed, the people forgot to mention Julaybeeb.The prophet salllahu alyhi wassalaam then himself inquired about Julaybeeb and he wept when news came of his death and proclaimed "I am from him and he is from me"

This is very short version of his story.

When you told the story I remembered.. and I searched again I have found you are right ya brother..

" ....Nevertheless, the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) remembered him, and he said, "But I have lost Julaybeeb. " He found Julaybeeb's corpse; dust covered his face. He shook off the dust from his face and said, "You killed seven and then you were killed! You are from me and I am from you..." And the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) repeated the second part three times - "You are from me and I am from you..." This medal of distinction from the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) is by itself an arnple reward and prize. "

Source: Don't be Sad - Shaykh Aaidh ibn Abdullah Al-Qarni

Jazakallah khair ya brother to refresh our knowledge..

Ibn Uthaymin

When you told the story I remembered.. and I searched again I have found you are right ya brother..

" ....Nevertheless, the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) remembered him, and he said, "But I have lost Julaybeeb. " He found Julaybeeb's corpse; dust covered his face. He shook off the dust from his face and said, "You killed seven and then you were killed! You are from me and I am from you..." And the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) repeated the second part three times - "You are from me and I am from you..." This medal of distinction from the Messenger of Allah(Blessings and peace be upon him) is by itself an arnple reward and prize. "

Source: Don't be Sad - Shaykh Aaidh ibn Abdullah Al-Qarni

Jazakallah khair ya brother to refresh our knowledge..

The extensive love of the prophet sallahu alyhi wassallam is one to learn from.

Moving on :

The Prophet sallahu alyhi wassalam said
"She is a woman of two belts"
Who was this woman?

Have fun! :)

(The Source is from the transliteration of the Quran by Muhammed Muhsin Khan- Lol an odd 800 pages or so )

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
:salam2:

She was Asma bint Abu-Bakr, Aisha's older sister. may peace be up on them.

here comes one. The propthe :saw: called one of his wives "the one with long hands", What was her name and Why was she called that?

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
zaynab bint jahsh because she always gave charity, and she always helped who were in needs.

new question :)

In the battle of Uhud there was a female sahabi, and one moment she came near our Prophet :saw: and tried to protect him by herself .. Who was she ?

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Asslam'u Alykum,

She was a woman from bani-mazin qabeelah and was called Naseebah umm Ammarah.

She's indeed a good example for all Muslimahs. Subhan Allah.

IslamicGirl24

Have read a poem about hazhrat Umm-e-Ammara in my Urdu classes.She received 17 wounds but still held her ground in order to protect the Prophet SAW.
Really it's such a motivating story, mashaAllah!! JazakAllah khairan sister for asking..:).

IslamicGirl24

Prophet Muhammad SAW used to take a girl with him to the masjid and she used to climb his shoulders even during the namaz...:)
What was her name??

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Have read a poem about hazhrat Umm-e-Ammara in my Urdu classes.She received 17 wounds but still held her ground in order to protect the Prophet SAW.
Really it's such a motivating story, mashaAllah!! JazakAllah khairan sister for asking..:).

yeah to remember and to know eachof them better we started this thread :D We should know all them like how we know ourselves, in that way inshaallah we can much closer to Islam ;)

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
ok :) so, again in Uhud our Prophet :saw: showed his sword and asked " Who will give the right of this sword? " and then he explained " right means fighting until the sword is broken." Then one sahaba took the sword and really gave its right..

Who was he ?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
sorry........but i found it in abook meself i was right.soo my question.:)
which young sahabe was given permisson to go for jihad coz he was a very good with his bow and arrows.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
erm no i'll give you a hint and a chance:

it happened in the battle of uhad:)and another young sahabe wrestled(mind you in a freindly match:)) him to show he was stronger than him so that he'd get permission too.:)subhanallah some spirit they had:)

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
erm no i'll give you a hint and a chance:

it happened in the battle of uhad:)and another young sahabe wrestled(mind you in a freindly match:)) him to show he was stronger than him so that he'd get permission too.:)subhanallah some spirit they had:)

:salam2:
Its Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him), who was too young to participate in the Battle of Badr, asked the Prophet’s (peace be upon him) permission to take part in the Battle of Uhud.
:wasalam:

My question:
What is name of the person who was eager to win the approval of Allah, very old and also crippled in one foot, and asked our Prophet (peace be upon him) for permission to take part in the Battle of Uhud?

:wasalam: