Leaving Islam

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum,

O mankind! if you have a doubt about the resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsal of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may menifest (Our Power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do we bring you out as babies, then (foster you) that you may reach your age of full strength: and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known much.....(22,5)

Whoever submits his whole self to Allah, and is a doer of good, has grasped indeed the most trustworthy handhold: and with Allah rests the End and decision of (all) affairs (31, 22). but if any reject Faith, let not his rejection grieve you: to Us is their return, and We shall tell them the truth of their deeds: for Allah knows well all that is in (men's) hearts (31, 23). we grant them their pleasure for a little while: in the end shall we drive them chastisement unrelenting (31, 24).

If you ask them, who is that created the heavens and the earth, they will certainly say, "Allah". Say "Praise be to Allah!" But most of them understand not (31, 25). To Allah belong all things in heaven and earth: verily Allah is HE (that is) Free of all wants, Worthy of all praise(31,26)

And if all the trees on earth were pens and the Ocean (were ink), with seven Oceans behind to it to add to its (supply), yet would not the Words of Allah be exhausted (in the writing): for Allah is Exalted in power, full of wisdon (31, 27)

And your creation or your resurrection is in no wise but as an individual soul: for Allah is He Who hears and sees (all things) (31, 28) See you not that Allah merges Night into Day and He merges Day into Night; that He has subjected the sun, and the moon (to His law), each running its course for a term appointed; and that Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do? (31, 29). That is because Allah is the (only) reality, and because whatever else they invoke besides Him is Falsehood: and because Allah, _ He is the Most High, Most Great (31, 30).

The one who believes in Allah...benefits His own soul ... and the one who disbelieve ...harms his own soul. Certainly Allah is free of All wants...

Wa Alaikum Salam,

Kakorot

PLZ READ THIS

:salam2:

These are the whispers from shaytaan. Iblis said to Allah SWT ' Because you have sent me astray, surely, I will lie in wait against them (on) Your Straight Path. Then I will come to them from before them and behind them, from their right and from their left, and you will not find most of them thankful ones' Surat Al-A'raf, verses 16-17

Ibn 'Abbas (RA) said: "The Straight Path is the clear religion of Allah (Islam)”. Ibn Masud (RA) said: “It means the Book of Allah (the Qur’an).” Jabir bin Abdullah (RA) said: “It is Islam”. And Mujahid said: “ It is the truth”.

These are all expressions for one meaning, which is the way to Allah SWT.

Sabrah bin Al-Fakah (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAW) said: “Satan lies in wait for the children of Adam, using all his (devious) ways.” - An authentic Hadith transmitted by Ahmad, An-Nassai and Ibn Hibban. It was authenticated by Shaikh Al-Albani in “Takhreej At-Targheeb” (2/173).

Ibn ‘Atiyyah reported that Ibn ‘Abbas (RA) said regarding ‘Then I will come to them from before them’, that Satan would try to influence the children of Adam “in their worldly affairs”. Ali bin Abi Talhah narrated that the above Verse meant “I will make them have doubt in their Hereafter”. This was in agreement with the narration of Al-Hasan (RA) , which referred to Satan’s attempting to make them (the believers) deny Resurrection, Paradise and Hell. –

Mujahid said: “ ‘Then I will come to them from before them from before them’ means, from where they will be able to view (his devilish temptations).”

‘and behind them’; Ibn ‘Abbas said: It means: ‘I will make them strongly desire the world of illusion.’” Al-Hasan (RA) said: “I will influence them in their worldly affairs, which I would make appear attractive to them”. Abu Salih said: “It means: ‘I will make them deny the Hereafter, and distance them from it”.

Ibn ‘Abbas (RA) also said that it meant “ I will make them doubt the importance of their Deen, and good deeds.”
Al-Hasan (RA) said that it meant: “ I shall make them refrain from doing good deeds”.

’and from their left’ Al-Hasan (RA) said: “It means: ‘I will command them to do evil deeds, which I will make so attractive before their eyes”.
Ibn ‘Abbas (RA) was authentically reported as saying: “Satan did not say (from above them) because he knew that Allah SWT is above the.”
Ash-Shabi said: “Allah SWT bestowed His Mercy to them from above”.
Qatadah said: “Satan has come to you, O son of Adam, from all directions, except from above. So he could never stand in way to achieving the Mercy of Allah.”

Sister/brother I got this from a book called ‘Waswasah The Whispering Of The Sahitan’ I really recommend you get this book because I don’t have time to write the whole book.

Do not leave Islam and strive for this duniya. This world is nothing. Furthermore, you do not know when you are going to die, if you leave Islam and die, what gurantee is there that you will be successful in the Akhirah?

Please think properly. Ask yourself why you are here? Who created you? What is your purpose? Allah SWT says in chapter 51, verse 56 ‘I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me’. Look and reflect upon the amazing creation of Allah SWT. For example, there is a tiny seed, you plant it, give it sunlight and water and then after a while it will sprout and become fruit. Now from that tiny seed subhanAllah fruits appear, with colour, smell and taste! Truly amazing, verily Allah is the Best to create.

We did not come in this duniya to just chill and do what we want. Nope. We came here to serve Allah SWT and Allah SWT alone.

Brother/Sister, why would you want to leave Islam when it is the Haq? It is the Truth. SubhanAllah, the Qur’aan was revealed to Prophet Muhammad SalAllahu ‘alayhi wasalam, who was an illiterate, he did not know how to read, nor did he know how to write. So we all know that the Qur’aan was revealed 1400 years ago, when people were not that intelligent and a time where science and technology was not advanced compared to today.
So you know in the Qur’aan when it mentions that the universe is moving further backwards and the scientists have discovered this fact a few years ago, doesn’t this show that the Qur’aan is actually the Words of Allah?
In the Qur’aan it describes the stages of the embryo in the mother’s womb, and science has discovered this 30 or Wallhu ‘Alim 40 years ago. Doesn’t this show that the Qur’aan is the word of Allah SWT?
The Qur’aan describes the water cycle, creation of the universe.
There are two seas, the salt and the sweet sea. They do not mix because there is an invisible barrier between them. Science has discovered this recently when in the Glorious Qur’aan, in Surah Ar Rahmaan, chapter 55, verses 19-21 it says:
“He hath loosed the two seas. They meet. There is a barrier between them. They encroach not (one upon the other). Which is it, of the favours of your Lord, that ye deny?” Subhan’Allah!! Clear proofs! This was mentioned in the Qur’aan 1400 years ago to Rasulullah SAW who was an illiterate! Truly, truly amazing, gloried is Allah SWT.

There are sooo many other scientic proof that Qur’aan is the Words of Allah SWT. I recommend my brother/sister that you go on harunyahya.com – very good website with clear proof right in front of your eyes.

A very important thing that you should know is that anyone is a Muslim, then his/hers life is not going to be easy at all. Do you know why my beloved brother/sister? This is because Allah say in His Glorious Qur’aan in the beginning of Surah Ankabut:” Alif Laam. Meem. Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Lo! We tested those who were before you. Thus Allah knoweth those who are sincere, and knoweth those who feign. Or do those who do ill-deeds imagine that they can outstrip Us? Evil (for them) is that which they decide. Whoso looketh forward to the meeting with Allah (let him know that) Allah's reckoning is surely nigh, and He is the Hearer, the Knower.”
If you want to go to jannah know that it is very hard, you have to follow the guidance. But to go to jahannam it is sooo easy, all you have to do is follow your desires.
So remember that Allah tests the believers. Now ask yourself..who was the most tested out of mankind.. Muhammad SalAllahu ‘alaihi wasalam of course. He SAW went through poverty, wars, hardships one after the other after the other and after the other. He had to have Sabr and put his trust in Allah SWT. Whenver you go through any hardships (and I remind myself before anyone) remember those who are less fortunate than us. And remember those who came before us, for example the People of the Ditch.

Seek knowledge and study about Islam, NEVER GIVE UP. THE PROPHET (SAW) SAID THAT A TIME WILL COME WHEN HOLDING ON TO ISLAM WILL BE LIKE HOLDING ON TO HOT BURNING COAL. PLZ DON’T GIVE UP. PLZ BECAUSE ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT U WILL BLAME SHAYTAAN FOR LEADING YOU ASTRAY AND SHAYTAAN WILL SAY: “And Satan saith, when the matter hath been decided: Lo! Allah promised you a promise of truth; and I promised you, then failed you. And I had no power over you save that I called unto you and ye obeyed me. So blame not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can ye help me, Lo! I disbelieved in that which ye before ascribed to me. Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom.” Surah Ibraheem, chapter 14, verse 22.

Shaytaan knows that he’s going to hell fire and he will not rest until he destroys you because he wants you to go to jahannam with you.

Please read a copy of the translation of the Qur’aan. Don’t destroy yourself. Srver the One who created you when you were nothing. Be grateful to Him SWT.

I don’t know if you’re a brother or a sister. But if you are a sister feel free to send me a private message and you can give me your msn details if you want its up to you.

Another alternative is go on: www.islam-qa.com and ask a sheikh.

Make a lot of dua. Insha’Allah I will pray for you. Please just don’t give up Wallahi please just don’t. Understand Islam.

I'm Paola

Be patient, Newlight99

Assalamu'alaikum,

I hope I'm not to late to respond to Newlight99.

I could understand how difficult it is to be a practicing Muslim in a secular country, especially after 9/11.

My suggestion is that you should visit more than 1 masjid in DC and the surrounding areas and get in touch with many Muslim communities as you can. Try to find one group which supports you the most, particularly in your doubting moments and in which you feel most comfortable. Not a group which is judgmental. But be careful not to get trapped in the wrong group because they are so many groups who claim themselves as Islam, but they only mislead you for their own benefit.
Many people consider Islam = Arab. I dont agree with that. Not always what sounds or looks like Arab is Islam. Islam is universal.
How do you differentiate whether it's real Islam or not? Nothing else but to seriously study Islam from books, from discussions, everything. If you only believe what people tell you, then you will just become a blind believer. Allah forbids that.
I was in DC long time ago and once read about a halal grocery store. Try to find it, you will get the reward from Allah for your effort and will also get your halal food :)

I may suggest you, the brothers and sisters to read books (Even Angels ask & 3 other books - i forget the titles) written by Jeffrey Lang, a mathematic professor and an american convert. I've read 2 books of him and found the books eye opening. Both for the converts and the born-Muslims. Insya Allah.
Maybe you can contact him for some discussions. Just google up his name.

Wassalam

abuayesha

It seems like I am just wasting a whole deal of my time. I converted to this religion about 2 yrs ago now, but I don't know I just want to not think too much and it seems like this deen is making me think too much. At times, when I need to pray all the missing prayers (missing due to the fact of laziness and the impassionate approach to this deen), when I am tired, I was considering forgetting about it. I know you guys think this deen is the truth, but I guess there are about 15,000 deens out there that claim the same thing. I only know that Christianity is corrupted, but I am really tired of thinking too much.

Wassalam

Wa alaikumussalaam warahmathullaahi wabarakaathuhu

In the above post the emphasis is from my side. It seems that you are worried about the missing prayers.

As you may aware that the prayers should be offered on time. Well, you have missed prayers for a long period. Now, brother, without trying to pray the missing prayers, ask Allaah to forgive you for those missed prayers and from now on do pray on time.

Doubts in mind are the signs of Eemaan. When you feel doubt you search for truth. But do not just tell everyone you meet that you have doubts about Eemaan. There are shaithaans among Jinns as well as Men. Seek protection from the whispers of Shaithaan.

Go now, take wuduu and pray 2 rakaath and ask Allaah to guide you. He will indeed help you. Only He could help you. Always try to remember Allaah and what He has given to you, the Ni'maa.

May Allaah bless you and guide you. Dear Brother, our hearts are with you. You have a very helpful family here in TTI.

Wassalaam

sajjuaiah

As-salaam Alaikum,

Brother In Islam, Please concentrate on the below Ayats from Quran:

Surah Al-Baqarah , Ayat 214
do ye think that ye shall enter the gardin of bliss without such trials as came to those who passed away before you? they encounterd suffreing and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the messenger and those of faith who where with him cried ''when will come the help of allah? Ah verily, the help of allah is allways near.

“And whosoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a
him to get out (from every difficulty).
And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever
puts his trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish
purpose. Indeed Allah has set a measure for all things”[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]

Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allâh only. And those who take Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say): "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allâh." Verily, Allâh will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allâh guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever. Chapter: Az-Zumar (39) Verse #: 3

“And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much” [al-Shoora 42:30]

“Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allaah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself” [al-Nisaa’ 4:79]

"Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in
goods, lives, and the fruits of your toil. But give glad tidings to those who
patiently persevere. Those who say, when afflicted with calamity, 'To Allah we
belong, and to Him is our return.' They are those on whom descend blessings
from their Lord, and mercy. They are the ones who receive guidance." (2:155-157)

“Verily, Allah will never change the condition of a people until they change what is within themselves” (Qur’an13:11)

"Whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted from him and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (Aal 'Imraan: 85).

May Allah protect you. :tti_sister:

yameenahmed

In an islamic country, they execute people who leave islam, notably the Saudi OF TEH Arabia. Why do they practice it? I learned that it is set forth because in islam, it is considered a treason. But also, it is NOT mutually exclusive to leave islam and still honor your country, as it is to stay muslim and become the most wanted person in your muslim country.

I dont mean the present islamic country brother i mean the islamic country where calipha rules what prophet [pbuh] said the to a person who leave islam he should be killed i mean that punishment and that islamic country brother

safiya58

to live a life for Allah only

‏Say: "That my prayers and my rituals or methods of worship , and my life, and my death/time of death, (is) to the creations altogether's/(universes') Lord." (sura Al-An´am:162)

Do you believe in Allah? And if so as you imagine God? do you consider HIM free from every mistake? DO YOU LOVE ALLAH? the difference between muslims and all other people is that the muslims believe in Allah and that they serve Him from LOVE. If you consider Islam just as a different world view and that the muslims believe in certain values then u was never a muslim! do not perform your prayers and follow the obligation just because you think you have to do that cuz u r just wasting your time by doing so! In Islam there is no force! Allah does not need the prayer of anyone of us. It is for our own benefit!

Say: "Who provides for you out of heaven and earth? Who controls hearing and sight? Who brings forth the living from the dead and the dead from the living? Who ordains all things?" They will reply, "Allah." Say, "Then will you not fear Allah? Such is Allah, your Lord, the Truth, and what is there after truth except misguidance? How then can you turn away from Him?" (Surah Yunus: 31-32)

the question in this Ayat is directed to those who believe in Allah but still not respect and love Allah. Brother do you want to be one of them. Repent to Allah... I can advice you to read about the meaning of 99 names of Allah.

I was also thinking to leave my religion ones. I never doubted, that there is one Creator but ´there was many things in Islam I couln´t understand and in my sight this things was wrong! It was also because of the ppl surounding me, I was influenced by them. I´m born muslim but living in a non muslim country. I thought when I´m not a muslim anymore I will be free and I can be like my friens, hanging up in clubs, having a boyfriend, just having fun... I´m ashamed now and I´m so sorry :( Inshaalah you will not turn away from your Creator....

(Note:some contents of my post are from the book: to live a life for Allah only)

AleahKoto

Allah will decide
Don't leave Islam, learn the real islam that is free from all innovations, do's and don'ts associated with myth and cultures. I think you are getting confused, like many who listen to all the sects and the fighting. Listen only to the quran and your heart.
The Tucson masjid, puts out lots of information that is refreshing and good. you can visit them at and \REMOVED/ Lots of good articles and references. In sha allah your heart will show you the true.

nizar83

mashallah...brother you are about to do something i wouldnt wish for my worst enemy..

please think it over..what will you gain by leaving islam..except for a very big problem on the day of deen..

talk to us, your brothers and sisters in islam..maybe with the help of ALLAH ta3ala we can make things look more usefull to you..because islam really is beneficial to all..

allah yahdee ma aglak

Islam!!yay

Just a curious question. How did you convert into islam? I mean what attracted you to this religion?

OsMaN_93

Here to help
just something to reflect on;

“Truly, the religion with Allaah is Islam” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:19]

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:85]

"What you think, becomes reality. Think vague, and life will be vague. Think clearly, decide firmly, and act precisely, and your life will be a picture of surety. " [Cohen, The Dragon Doesn't Live Here Anymore]

-When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

also please read this short fatwa; http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/7810

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam,
To me it seems like your go through a phase. Remember that the shaytan will always be out there attempting to drive us away from Islam. Clear your mind, get the answers you want. Having lack of knowledge about something you need to know will damage your faith if you leave it that way. For a while, I was in a phase where I was sure that I had cancer. I would start randomly crying and going mental because of it. Now i'm out of that phase but in a new one, i'm worried about going blind. I needed answers to get the idea out of my head. IF you block out the thoughts, make thikr, make your salah on time, get the answers you need, the phase will pass.
I hope for the best,
Salam.

newlight99

Just a curious question. How did you convert into islam? I mean what attracted you to this religion?

I got attracted by watching some videos in youtube and I also got attracted by reading some materials, some booklets about the flaws of christianity and I know people like Khalid Yasin, Yusuf Estes, Bilal Philips.

palestine

Servant of Allah
guidance

Allah guides whom he wills. and i just hope you're one those whom he guides inshaAllah. we all have our ups and downs but that doesn't mean we have to leave our faith. those who leave the faith are the party of shaytan and certaintly not the party of Allah swt. but if you want Allah to be pleased with you, then we all must follow his commands. Praying brings us happiness and a healthy life. but the question is, is your heart really ready for salah or is it following the desires of shaytan.

Islam!!yay

I got attracted by watching some videos in youtube and I also got attracted by reading some materials, some booklets about the flaws of christianity and I know people like Khalid Yasin, Yusuf Estes, Bilal Philips.

well i suggest you should read the quran (all of it) to fully understand Islam sir.

salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i will be the first to admit that i am not a perfect muslim. i make mistakes everyday. sometimes bad things happen to me and i wonder how come. there are times when i feel down and i don't want to pray. someone may say " why don't you just leave islam? " but i don't because there is always one thing that i am indeed reminded of; that thing is that i know that islam is the truth. yes, there are things that i used to enjoy in the jahiliyya days, that i'm tempted in doing, but i know the truth of islam. i could never leave islam after knowing the truth of it. i can try christianity or any other religion, but islam and it's truth will always be on the back of my mind. ALLAH SWT demands things from us and they aren't always easy, but as a muslim we know that whatever ALLAH SWT has deemed to be halal is of benefit to us and whatever is haram is of no benefit to us.

visit or write here more often at TTI. you will always find support here and the people help boost your iman. offline, i don't have any muslim friends and i don't have muslim family members, but i do consider the people here at TTI to be my family as well. i'm saying this from experience that it will really help your iman.
:wasalam: