Leaving Islam

RandomNotions

I was born into a Mulsim family and left Islam at the age of 13. I sometimes look back and see what the Muslims of today have to say and I have to admit, I don't regret leaving it.

Islam is not a religion for everyone but make sure you really want to leave. After all, you must have joined the religion for a reason....

nori suja'i

i'm sorry for my poor english but since i'm not knowledge enough i just guess why u want to leave Islam is because when u uttered shahadah last time, deep down ur heart u never intent to revert because of Allah Ta'3la but could be of other reason like some ppl said 'trend'.
its like the same case with one of my friends who wering hijab but recently when i met her she's no longer wearing hijab, i was so surprise. Another muslim lady told me she wearing hijab because her in-laws wanted her to wear. in Islam whatever daily act or do our intention must be correct that is because leellahee' ta3la (the same as our life & death).
wallahu alam bissawab.
forgive me everybody as i'm never perfect accept Allahu Robbee.

mexicanosalafi

Asalam Alikum Wa Rahmatullullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

If you disbelieve La Illaha Illa Allah Wa Dahu La Shareekah La Wa Ash Hado Unna Mohommad Sallallaho Alyhe Wassallaam Abdoho Wa Rasoolooloh, then you have automatically left the Islaamic faith. No other religion can give you the peace that Islaam gives you. Take it from me, I was born a Roman Catholic and soo I doubted many beliefs held by the Roman Catholic Church. I soon left the church and seeked many new Christian sects such as Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, 7th Day Adventists, Scientology, Amish, Pentecostal, non-dominational, and many other christian sects. All taught that God had three heads known as the trinity. Islaam on the otherhand is pure monotheism. The message that Prophet Mohommad(Sallallaho Alyhe Wassallaam) brought is nothing different. He brought the same message as all the previous Prophets. What Prophet Mohommad(Sallallaho ALyhe Wassallaam) did was refresh the message of Allah Subhana Ta'Allah and direct all people to the worship of the ONE True God. He purified the Sacred Ka'Aabah , the black cubelike box inside the Sacred Masjid Al Haram in the blessed Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. After Prophet Mohommad(Sallallaho Alyhe Wassallaam) new deviated sects arose within the Islaamic religion. Sufis which practice a weird form of Mysticism began flourishing in Arabia. Sufism introduced alot of Bid'ah(Innovation). One of the greatest and most respected Scholars known as Mohommad Ibn Adbul Wahhab a very strict and devout Muslim changed the desert-like nation of Arabia. What he did was help to establish a pure Monotheistic Islaamic nation inside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He opposed the Sufis and other deviant groups. The Islamic Law was implemented very strictly and now the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the Alhamdullillaah most conservative Muslim nation in the world! Muhummad Ibn Abdul Wahhab did not begin a new sect nor introduced anything new. Many people label us as "WAHHABIS" when in reality there is no such thing as "WAHHABI". We follow the way of the Salaf, the first 3 generatons of righteous Muslims. We try to adhere to Qura'aahn and Sunnah of Rasooloohuh(Sallallaho Alyhe Wassallaam) to the best of our ability. Leaving Islaam is one of the most terrible and greatest sins anyone could commit. There is no reason for leaving Islaam. Everything is clear and all the proof is there. May Allah Subhana Ta'Allah guide us all and continue to protect us. Ameen.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

Risin up
back on the street
did my time took my chances
went the distance now I'm back on my feet
just a man and his will to survive
so many times
it happens too fast
you trade your passion for glory
don't lose your grip on the dreams OF THE EVERLAST
you must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger
its the cream of the fight
risin up to the challenge of YOUR WEAKER SELF
and the FIRST known REBEL {SAtAN}stalks his prey in the night
and he's watching us all with the ...........................................eye of the tiger

Face to face
out in the heat
hanging tough
stayin hungry
the stack the odds still we take to ISLAM
for thE PARADISE with the skill to survive...

Risin up
straight to the top
had the guts got the TRUTH
went the distance now I'm not gonna stop
just a man and HIS will to survive

It's the eye of the tiger
its the cream of the fight
risin up to the challenge of our rivals
and the last known SATANS loose his prey in the night
when we pray to ALLAH WITH TEARS IN OUR EYES.
and ALLAH Looks at us with THE EYE OF MERCY.

Samandar

:salam2:

Newlight99, let the advise of the brothers and sisters be your new light. pls dont leave Islam :( pls dont let the devil win :( seriously if you leave Islam, you make shaytan achieve one of his missions :( now is a big test for you and you can surely do it! we all Muslims supporting you and the sisters and brothers have given good advise. ok pls dont leave this religion. what religion will you enter? how much will your life change? will you miss that beautiful moment when you first entered? and all the beautiful experiences? the devil shouldnt win here, you should win!

aishajor

What are you finding hard?

:shymuslima1:

LET ME GIVE SOME ADVICE; No offence to some people but some muslims make it hard on new muslims and come up with loads of rules and regulations...........
At the end of the day the quran wasnt revealed over one night and it takes time.......... but easy on your selve......

Are you a sister?

With the whole halal food, there is a question mark over it because most people dont know where there meat has come from or if it has been killed properly.......

it says in the quran that we can eat the jews and christains meat!
its up to you how you intrepret it.....

if you need any help with question please ask me insha allah

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
leaving islam will not help you, you will find not believeing in anything will make you feel lower! your being tested and by you leaving islam you have failed, please dont fail. inshAllah you will see the light.

Toya23

Hello

Ok I am not a Muslim and I just started learning about Islam so I cant really quote anything from the Qur'an BUT I can say this..Dont give up on ALLAH. From the little I have read I can tell that he is the way, the right way. I know times get hard and you feel like your lost and want to give up but that is the Devil and you cant listen to him. The devil is strong and he will do anything to make you give in to him. But dont listen to him, you are better than that.
I really hope that you dont leave Islam, I am not Muslim so I would say that I am a part of the "other world" (for lack of terms) and its not great out here. There is nothing special out here (and that is why I hope that one day I can submit my whole self/life to worshiping and praising Allah)
I wish you all the best and I truley hope you do not leave Islam.

MutlekM

slam
I am 13 and live in america and as a teenager i get talked trash about since i am a muslim but when i look at other prophets and human beings and they had alot harder time than me so i thank ALLAH for giving me a family a house and money. If u r at times where u r lazy spit to ur left 3 times and ask Allah to make the devil stop killing ur eman is what my parents used to tell me. And after i did that for a few years everybody in my school stopped talking trash about me and started respecting me. ALHAMDULLILAH. ALLAH says he will forgive anything but shirk. And always ask Allah for guidance. he will not lose but only gain even if it is at hard times.

Yousef83

Dear Muslim born brothers and sisters.Its very hard you to understand our conditions.Many of converted Muslim have deeply psychological troubles and I'm one of them.Its very easy for you to say be patient etc.Your country,family,friends all the details able to life properly Islam but Who teach us Islam,leave us alone in some months or in a year due to their live cases.When they leave us alone and when we look at our past life we feel so alone and our single friend is this pc.We can't live anything like others even to eat.I never thought(or will be thinking) to leave Islam Hamd to Allah (c.c)
but this patience suggestions really so simple.My problem appeared in different way and this brother's different.We think too much in day and everyone expect we to finish many things in short term.Their guide like that.We need really proffessional guiders to guide us as academic map

sazk

Banned
my brother in faith, muslims are not leading happy lives themselves. they are not living like kings. they have their own problems as well.

Quran 2:286

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope...

6:152

We burden not any person, but that which he can bear.

7:42

We tax not any person beyond his scope, such are the dwellers of Paradise. They will abide therein

65:7

Allah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. Allah will grant after hardship, ease.

why aren't you reading the Quran brother?

LoveofAllah

Dear newlight

SubhanAllah, realize that shaitan will do anything he can to put doubts in your heart. What you can do is keep making dua to Allah and ask him to protect you from shaitan.

There is something really important i want to discuss with you. If need be i am willing to discuss it over the phone with you.

Allah created every human being with a natural disposition to worship God. It is something innate within us. It is our natural tendency to seek knowledge, to question, all to get closer to the answer....who is god? What does He want from us? Why am i praying to Him?
This is not about what religion is the best religion or the 1500 religions that claim to be the best. This is about your natural tendecny as a human being, this is about how you were created naturally. We are so close to Allah swt, when we call on God He is indeed close to us. It is very important to make sure your relationship with God is good and strong. Let me tell you no other religion in the world stresses more importance on the person relationship you have with God and no other religion goes a smuch depth into it as does Islam.
I can give you links. readings, lectures, just tell me your willingness and i will show you.

The fact is, when you really learn about God...there is no way you will have doubts or disbelief. When you learn about God (islamic theology)

Islam is the only religion that has authentic prophetic characteristics of God revealed to us in the Quran and through prophets.

My suggestion to you is to learn about the 99 attributes of God. I can also suggest specific lectures that go into alot of depth about the attributes of God. Human beings are called the knowers of God. Allah created us in such a way that we will always seek to find out about Him. How beautiful is that? He created us to come to Him. I challenge you to learn about who Allah swt really is and i promise it will affect you deeply and you will be in a much better position.

Leave the nitty gritty, assess your relationship with Allah first. Work on that. Forgeta bout Saudi Arabia....

So, i challenge you...are you willing to take up on it? I promise i will help and guide you to the best of myknowledge and with the help of Allah swt

Felip21

Asalamoe aleikoem Newlight99,

I think I understand the way you feel. Let me tell you some things about my what my friend's life and try to help you with your quest. He has no account here so he's posting it via mine.
---

I'm of Somali origin, but I've lived in The Netherlands for 17 years now. This is a very secular and atheist/christian country. Of the 16 million people living here there are about 1 million muslims. I've mostly lived a very secular life and did almost everything a 'normal' kid does. No one really knew I was a muslim because of my behavior. I talked the same as non-muslims and acted the same. It's very difficult to be different and act different if there aren't many people just like you around. So I just forgot about my deen, my heritage and did what was the easiest to do, to play along.

Allah has guided me in a way I cannot explain. It is indeed that Allah guides everyone in his or her specific way. For me it happened with a series of events. Kind of unexplainable. From the wind blowing very fast throwing a large traffic sign just passed my ear ( should have killed me instantly), to a raven following me around and harrassing me, to a group of pigeons that suddenly went silent and staring at me when I came towards them. And dreams I kept on having about the devil ( it was disguised as a cat and he was talking) More events happened but I must be sounding like a lunatic now.

I asked around about these signs and people around me said something was trying to guide me. My mother asked me to read the Quran to be at ease. At the age of seventeen I opened a Dutch translation of the Quran and for the first time actually understood what I was reading! Isn't it strange to call yourself a muslim your whole life, but now understanding your religion or holy book?

I read the Quran and no book on earth has even caught my attention like that. It was as if life was clear to me. Tears fell out of my eyes and I thought I felt my soul elevating. This can not be explained in language. Maybe you've felt it before.

I was always acting and talking like a non muslim just to fit in to society but I've never feeling at ease with life. My life was at such a fast pace. From waking up, going to school, going to work, partying with friends, having lazy Sundays. Nothing could fill my heart with light. The only purpose of life was to live it. But was that it? Nothing else?

Now I'm trying to live as a good muslim ( trying to follow the basic things and learning more about my faith)

Remember, I also live in a secular country. Maybe it's even harder over here than in the USA. Have you heard of the Dutch politician Geert Wilders? He feeds on misunderstanding and hatred. And guess what, if the Dutch elections were to be held now, he has a lot of seats to gain. Social pressure is very hard, but to conform is to lose a part of yourself.

In the past with all of the prophets the believers were persecuted. From every faith. I'm asking you now, do you know about the women in the past and what happened to most of the first believers of Islam? The torment and torture they had to endure?

Nothing we are facing now is comparable to that.

I had doubts. A lot of doubts. When the laziness and all other excuses came with denying Islam came, I hated Islam! Why did this religion want all of these things from me? Couldn't I just say, I believe in Allah and the propeths and the books and just live my life?

But I forgot something when I was thinking like that. I forgot the remembrance of Allah and my responsibility to mankind. Human beings aren't capable of keeping away from evil without something calling them against evilness. Allah forgives and Allah calls you to remember Him.

I felt very alone in the beginning. Islam wasn't enough for me. I also needed muslims. A true brotherhood. I luckily found it. And they gave me warmth, love understanding and respect. I hear a lot of stories of converts not finding those things and I don't understand it. I hope the converts that haven't find it will find it soon, insha'allah.

Anyway, to conclude this, Islam is a religion your heart wants. But the actions of some muslims make you want to run away from it. That's also happened to me. But most of the things I've heard turned out to be lies the media fed me. Getting true news nowadays is very difficult, helas. But fortunally history books still excist.

My advice to you is to look at Islam for what it is and then to find a community that can actually help you. And maybe if you're doubting on why the Islamic world is such a mess right now and why there aren't many good examples to follow. Try to read history books. Some good topics are; The Andalusian Empire, The Ottoman Empire, Salahedin etc. These times show an era where Islam was practiced with good governance and prosperity. Before 1924 the Islamic world was one to admire. But because there is no Khilafa ( Ummah) anymore and the West has used it's 'Divide and Conquer' tactic it shines no more.

I went to Saudi Arabia this Summer. I saw a form of Islam I didn't really understand. But luckily I knew I didn't have to rely on the behavior of some people or a country to know what Islam is about. Just like you don't rely on Christian countries to see what Christianity is about.

I don't look at Muslims to find Islam, I seek knowledge. Just as our beloved prophet (pbuh) asked us to do.

Remember, the whispers of the devil are only to delude you. Both the devil and Allah have made promises to you. But it is only Allah that keeps His promise and to Allah we all return.

naaad

mu'minah
Salaam Alaikum,
well brother newlight----- converting to another religion is a big big decision...and people take BIG decisions only after thinking hard about all aspects of it.
i myself(being a born muslim) respect the converts alot. i feel they are the most courageous and thinking people because converting really involves lot of thinking and being patient about everything that comes after it.

didnt u know what ISLAM is before converting??
didnt u know that shaitan is the biggest enemy of ISLAM??
didnt u know the five pillars of ISLAM??
i mean, there must have been something in your heart that brought you in the shade of ISLAM. no doubt, it was ALLAH(SWT) who made your heart incline towards HIS religion which is, definitely, the only way of life!
it's not a play thing that u change ur religion whenever u feel like it...as long as u r a muslim, u r our brother & it's our duty to advice each other sincerely.
nobody said "life is a bed of roses". life is journey with good and bad times. you were intelligent enough to choose islam as the deen, you want to live with. now, if u leave islam, ur heart will definitely witness against u! don't be among the wrongdoers, my brother. accepting islam and then rejecting it will be a BIG BIG WRONG u'll be doing to yourself.

we, as brothers & sisters, are only advicing you, we are not compelling you--
ALLAH says:
"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in ALLAH has grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And ALLAH hears and knows all things." S 2: V 256

"Say, 'the truth is from your Lord':Let him who will believe, and let him who will reject(it): for the wrong-doers have we prepared a fire whose (smoke and flames), like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: if they implore relief they will be granted water like melted brass, that will scald their faces, how dreadful the drink! How uncomfortable a couch to recline on!" S 18: V 29

"We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. To Us must you return" S 21: V 35

this could just be a trial, so brother be firm and steadfast, for you are on the Right Path.
don't let the shaitan take over your heart and mind. he is indeed our biggest enemy. All people in this world have their own share of problems and tensions(no matter which religion they believe in), but patience and perseverence should be the biggest asset after knowing that one is on the Straight Path.
you must atleast once, with an open mind, read the Holy Qur'an comepletely with translation in the language you understand best... you'll, for sure, know why ISLAM is the only way of life, why ALLAH is the ONLY GOD and why you should be following and obeying the Messenger of ALLAH, Muhammad( May ALLAH's peace and blessings be upon him)! don't leave Islam before reading the Qur'an with translation.
ALLAH knows best and whatever HE has willed will definitely happen!!!!!

May ALLAH obliterate every evil thought from our minds and hearts.
May ALLAH give you peace of mind & keep you firm on the right path!!!!

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I was born into a Mulsim family and left Islam at the age of 13. I sometimes look back and see what the Muslims of today have to say and I have to admit, I don't regret leaving it.

Islam is not a religion for everyone but make sure you really want to leave. After all, you must have joined the religion for a reason....

I don't understand what you mean by the on in blue?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Okay, maybe I am just misguided by my fellow brothers and sisters here in my area (Washington state). Okay, first question of a doubtful person:

Is non-halal chicken haram?

I know someone already answered to this.

Unless you really do not have anything to eat then you may eat this non halal chicken but you must stop eating once you do not feel hungry anymore.

May I ask? Is this was the reason you want to leave Islam? I hope is not.

When I first embraced Islam I went to a lot of hardship so my family said to me that "this is because you converted to Islam?" They were very biased because I did went through a lot of hardship when I was a hindu also!!!

Leaving Islam will not solve your problem in fact you will face more problem especially in life after death.

May Allah guide you, InshAllah.