Metrosexuals and Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almeftah

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æÑÍãÉ Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå

Allah Created Eve ( a female ) for Adam ( a male ), Thats the nature of mankind.. for men to desire women and for women to desire men.. Anything other than that is considered against the nature that Allah SWT created us with.. So It is Haram for women to desire other women or for men to desire other men (sexualy that is).

People of Prophet Lut alahi asalam (Qawm Lut), were the first to commit acts of gays and lesbians, So Allah descended his punishment on them, and saved prophet Lut and his followers by sending them away.

Thats why we Arabs call a gay "Luti,áæØí", and the act where 2 men commit sexual behavior, That act is called "luat,áæÇØ" in arabic.

------------------------------

Not only sexualy..

It is a sin for any man or woman to try to imitate the opposite sex in any way (hair cuts, cloths, makeup, changing voices...etc).

In Sahih Al-Bukhari
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Allah's Apostle cursed those men who are in the similitude (assume the manners) of women and those women who are in the similitude (assume the manners) of men. (Book #72, Hadith #773)

This hadith points to those:
- Men who take hours infront of the mirror trying to look beautiful.
- Men who try to soften thier voices.
- Men who have their hands hanging up by the waist like most women do or used to do.
- Men who worry to much about the looks.
- Men who wear tight or transparent cloths.
- Women with very short hair cuts or bold.
- Women who try to thicken thier voices.
- Women wearing suits like men. (a tuxedo)

And the examples are much more...

Also:
Sir Iqbal Sacranie, head of the Muslim Council of Britain, denounced such partnerships as "harmful" for society. "It does not augur well in building the very foundations of society: stability, family relationships," he said in an interview with the BBC. "It is something we would certainly not, in any form, encourage the community to be involved in."

Sir Iqbal also described homosexuality as "not acceptable" in terms of health and morality.

Also:
1. What are the rights of homosexuals in the Muslim world? specially in Pakistan ?
2. According to the way of Islam what are the punishments of homosexuality.
3. Could you please send me the brief about homosexuality in the light of Islam, describing the rights of homosexuals.

Dear Brother, Assalamo Alaikum.
Homosexuality is unlawful in Islam. It is neither accepted by the state nor by the Islamic Society.

Quran clearly states that it is unjust, un-natural, transgression, ignorant,criminal and corrupt.

The people living in the time of prophet LOT (Nephew Of Abraham) near the Dead Sea were involved in this Act and Allah punished them severely and the whole nation was destroyed.

Muslim Jurists agree that, if proven of guilt, both of them should be killed. However jurists differ on the methadology of capital Punishment.

Infact it is a great injustice with women. You must know that in Islam pre-marital hetrosexuality (Dating) is also unlawful.

We advise you to go through the following verses of the Quran:

Verses:
VI --- 86 ; VII -- 80-84 ; XI -- 77-83 ; XV --57-77 ; XXI--74-75 ; XXVI--160-175 ; XXVII--54-58 : XXIX--26-35 ; *!*!*!VII--133-138 ; LI--31-37 ; LIV--33-39 ; XI--81 ; XV--60 ; LXVI--10

In the present time, we are witnessing the wrath of God on these homosexuals in the form of AIDS, which is affecting innocents also.

Sincerely,

Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan.

Also:
1) There are "gay Muslims" out there that are justifiying their homosexual behaviour. They argue that Allah embraces all people no matter what their sexual orientation. What do you have to say about that?
2) Is a person really Muslim if they are gay or lesbian?
3) Some people argue that Islam is an evolving religion which should adapt to modern traits. What do you make of that?

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon,
Salaam,

Sarah Warsi

Answer:

Thank you for contacting JI dear Sarah Warsi! WaAlaikum Assalam,

1) If some Muslim is indulged in this crime that is highly wicked in the sight of Islam, and still attempts to justify his/her behaviour, it amounts only to ridiculing Islam and its code of sexual conduct. Such person should at least feel ashamed and admit so rather than being proud of being gay or lesbian.
2) I am no judge to declare whether a gay/lesbian still remains a true Muslim or not. In principle, a person negates faith when he/she renounces what brings him/her within its folds. What I insist is that such people must repent and cure themselves. It is absurd to coin and use the term “Muslim gay” or “gay Muslim”. A true Muslim submits to the commands of God, who has strongly condemned and prohibited this behaviour.
3) Islam is “evolving” in the sense that it provides most modern and scientific answer to any issue that comes forth in any age or society. However, it rejects the type of evolution that is injurious to human development and growth. Hence, it will never accept manners like homosexuality, lesbianism or the like because all such acts are un-natural and harmful for the human race.

Please follow my detailed arguments about homosexuality on this website, and let me know what was that which could not appeal commonsense or scientific inquiry.

M. Haq

Servants of Allah, Fear Allah.. And fear a day where no wealth or Clan would do any good, except those who stand before Allah with a straight faithful heart.

TiLKi

Local Stranger
:salam2:

Well Tilki , i learnt a new word, thanks
when i read i thought you meant Narcissist-(Narcissism describes the character trait of self love, based on self-image or ego)
but i realized it has a different meaning, nowadays men groom themselves exactly like women, with full make up,like lip stick, they even trim their eyebrows,
this is all due to following the actors who are being shown daily (the sins of the media) they go as far as having manicures and pedicures.

I am TiLKi.

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Based off of just imitating the Kuffaar I think metrosexuality is not permissable in Islam.

1 – The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 3512; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: This at the very least indicates that it is haraam to imitate them, although the apparent meaning is that the one who imitates them is a kaafir. Iqtida’ al-Siraat al-Mustaqeem, 1/237.

2 – It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) saw ‘Ali wearing two garments dyed with safflower and he said: “These are garments of the kuffaar, do not wear them.” Narrated by Muslim, 2077.

Shaykh Ahmad Shaakir said in his commentary on Musnad Ahmad (10.19): “This hadeeth clearly indicates that it is haraam to imitate the kuffaar in one's dress, one's way of life and one’s appearance. There has been no scholarly difference of opinion on this point from the earliest generations.”

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Imitating them in outward matters leads to imitating them in attitude and actions, hence we are forbidden to imitate the kuffaar, the Persians and the Bedouin, and both men and women are forbidden to imitate the opposite sex, as it says in the marfoo’ hadeeth: ‘Whoever imitates a people is one of them.’” Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/154.

The Kuffaar they clearly created metrosexuality and for a muslim man to follow is imitating. If Allah (SWT) intending for this in Islam we would have known about this. A muslim man is provided information on what should be worn. This is stylish too. Stylish for Allah and The Strangers. We also have guidelines to enable us to be very clean. We as muslims must identify ourselves. AND WE ARE THE STRANGERS
I posted a thread on Strangers

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
I never knew that trying to look good was Haraam! Gosh. I understand if it's trying to attract attention of women or girls who walk around, but-*blushes* I want to get Abs. And I don't want to do it so grils would wrap their arms around me at school, I jsut want to do it because it's cool. And it's pretty nice to when you're 23-24. :lol: Get it? I mean marriage, LoL. I've seen many Bangleshi brothers, (especially UK ones), who are Isalmic, MaShallah, who have beards and practice Islam, but they're the brothers who ahve the muscles and body frame, LoL. One example is Brother Ruhel Ahmed. LoL.

Khalil2u

Mertro Front

:SMILY286:Living in the USA I see these images on a daily basis. It is accepted in the society and protectd by the government. Gays are even allowed to marry each other. Homosexuality is even encouraged when people are confused and scared. Especially amoung young people. I do not discriminate against them I only pray that Allah Guides them to the right path. Metrosexuality is only a cover up word for homosexuality or bisexuality.

saffanah

speak good or silent
Metrosexuality is only a cover up word for homosexuality or bisexuality.

So, what you mean is that every metrosexual man is a homosexual?
please explain..
sorry I live in the country where this term "metrosexual" is rarely used and even rarely seen.

Almeftah

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

There nothing wrong with trying to look good, Just dont over do it, dont become obsessed with it..

rightpath_357

Salam Alikom everyone!!

Okay after reading about this weird topic , which I first time know about such a thing, and thanks to TiLK for bringing up this topic and enlightening us. I would like to rise a quesion to everyone here:

In your point of view, What are the reasons that leads a Man to behave in such a way and leading him to Metrosexuals?

Thank you.
Best regards,

Lol- Things like being proud, to show off, vain, too self-cautious, haughty- etc etc etc.
:shymuslima1:

AstagfirAllah- I've seen guys wearing their hat weird to not "mess up" their hair.

DanyalSAC

Metrosexuality has nothing to do with actual "sexuality". Its all about appearance. Metrosexual men have gel in their hair, spend far too much time at the gym, usually have a "shake and bake" tan (that's a fake tan for those of you who don't know the term), have perfect manicures (and pedicures) and probably have more lotions in their bathroom cabinets than their girlfriends do. However they are 100% hetero. They aren't feminine per se, but they take a relaxed stance to what most societies would define as "masculine". Some even wear make up; thus the term "guyliner" for eye liner men wear (check out the lead singers to Green Day and Blue October for examples). However they ARE still heterosexual men, and go on the prowl for women at their local sports bars. Or at the gym....

Anthropologically speaking this is not a new trend. Look at paintings of European men (and even Arabic men) from the 1400 to about the 1700s. The wore bright flashy colors, the European men wore wigs and powdered their faces. Its all about appearances. Its not about sexuality.

ximkoyra

Sin is a pretty strong word and I don't like to use it unless a matter is 100% black and white. It probably isn't something that is encouraged in Islam because metrosexuality is all about being obsessive compulsive about looking good. So, I don't think it's really such a big deal as long as it's not interfering with a person's tawheed.

I think that the closest parallel that you can draw to the time of the Prophet(saw) is the "mukhannathiin". Or maybe you can relate them more towards crossdressing. Sorry, I couldn't really find any solid information on them. I think that there is a hadith or two that says something about them.

Mabsoot hit the nail right on the head in the other thread. We have so much anger for things like sexuality(even though metrosexuality has nothing to do with it) that a lot of times we don't realize that absolutely everything comes second fiddle to the concept of Tawhid.

:salam2:Is it based on social perceptions of beauty? Yes, but both men and women are judged in that fashion. In the same way that a wave of metrosexuality has afflicted Iranian men. And with all do respect, the social obsessesion with rhinoplasty in Iran does not cut through gender lines. Just as many men get nose jobs than women do. Physical augmentations are really nothing new. In fact, in many ways, one can perceive the wearing of the Islamic hijab in the same fashion as a nose job. It augments one’s physical appearance in order to attract or unattract one’s perception of another’s physical body. Man is man, not women, the growing consumerism of men is only for the media to project the idea that, or to encourage this 'new man' come on what is this, a man taking ages in front of the mirror? i personaly find it a sign of arrogance (Allah is the best of judges of course)
even if a man (or even women) is bestowed with 'good' looks, spending ages in the mirror and making such an effort, shows that they know this fact, and so reducing them of their beauty or 'good looks' .man should be man, and stay concerned with manly issues, erm...looking after his sister/wife/mother, providing for the family, being a man..basically should just stick with traditional definition of masculinity .

neox297

This is what i heard about "metrosexual" guys.
They wear lipsticks...yucks..

dude... they dont wear lipstick lol

thats like cross dressing

When u think metro think like justin timberlake or anyone else from any boy band lik nsync or whatever

Sakeena

"Metrosexual"
means:
"young straight stylish urban man: a young, straight, sensitive urban man who is unashamed to enjoy good clothes, stylish living, the art of decorating, and improving his personal appearance"

Astaghfirullah... :girl3: It almost sounds like a posh heiress or a princess... lol so basically a man who indulges in luxury and materials on himself... If he spends more money on himself that his wife/sweetheart, there's a big problem. :SMILY288:

kayleigh

I don't know, I guess it depends how far you go with it. If you look like the guys on Jersey Shore or adam lambert then thats not cool lol.

I appreciate guys who have nice hair, dress nicely, and keep their nails clean. Some people call that metrosexual... I think that's just called looking good and taking care of your appearance. I don't see how that could be bad. Its not like you have to look like you just crawled out of a cave in Pakistan in order to be a "good Muslim" or something.

:SMILY286:Living in the USA I see these images on a daily basis. It is accepted in the society and protectd by the government. Gays are even allowed to marry each other. Homosexuality is even encouraged when people are confused and scared. Especially amoung young people. I do not discriminate against them I only pray that Allah Guides them to the right path. Metrosexuality is only a cover up word for homosexuality or bisexuality.

Metrosexuality has nothing to do with actual sexuality. It's a silly term, actually. and I don't know where you live but gay marriage is still illegal in the majority of the US.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Metro sexuality is merely taking care of your appearance and being clean.
I see nothing Haram.

Status
Not open for further replies.