Votes: 4 7.4%
  • TOOTH BRUSH

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • BOTH

Votes: 22 40.7%

• Total voters

helpinghumanity

Wa'alikum Salaam brother,

I find siwak more refreshing and healthier, as in dental health and as well as spiritual health, than toothbrush. Like me, you might even find that siwak helps in acquiring khushu' (concentration and humbleness) in your Salaah! Insha'Allah.

As for that smell you are bit afraid of, the one I use also comes in plastic wrapping and does smell bit strange. You will find, as you are, this smell bit weird at start but after couple of days or so you will start liking it - and you will then term it fragrance too. Please at least just cos of the smell don't stop taking this cool step, this is just smell of the natural herbs which are heavily beneficial for your teeth.

:salam2: brother

Jazakumullah khair for the valuable information. Its really encouraging.....
The miswak that i bought is not being used by my dad. So i have to buy a new one.....Inshallah today i will buy a new one.

Ohhh so the smell is of herbs.....i guess i am not used to of it then......

Bro as you are using the same siwak (hopefully)... how did to make its end to use it?...i was reading the articles that you gave... it said to chew or bit it........but i was thinking of doing it with the knife......

should i take it to the college....as most of my time is spent there...and should i keep it in the plastic wrap all the time when i am not using it...

helpinghumanity

i voted for the tooth brush only coz i dont know how to use the miswak :(

I do have miswak, sometime I use it but the problem is I'm not very sure how to use it so I'm more comfortable with toothbrush.

:salam2: BROTHER AND SISTER.....

Alhamdolilah i am very glad that you guys stated the reason why you don't use miswak.

Brother and sister, if some one tells (shows or explains) you how to use a miswak......would you then give a thought to follow this sunnah of the Holy Prophit (PBUH) for the sake of ALLAH.

adam_arb

I use both, but I mostly use siwak when am on the go, as it is convenient.

There is a fragrance to it, but oddly enough I quite find it pleasant, maybe its the packaging or something; it will probably go away in a few days or so.

wsalam

fatima1994

ƒ3!RY $p!r!T
:salam2:

I use toothbrush but i think miswak is much better! First ov all it's sunnah and second even the latest study from christen scientists confirm that miswak is much better and also is a cure to many diseases!

I'm hopin to use it in the future. JazakAllah for sharing

helpinghumanity

I use both, but I mostly use siwak when am on the go, as it is convenient.

There is a fragrance to it, but oddly enough I quite find it pleasant, maybe its the packaging or something; it will probably go away in a few days or so.

wsalam

:salam2: brother:

You are right this was the fragrance of the herbs. Alhamdoililah as the time goes by we get used to it.

I'm not a fan of the miswak, however my brother and mother use it

Brother why you are not a fan of it. Is there any special reason which you might want to share.

If you mother and brother use it. Inshallah i make duaa that you start using it in very soon in the future

daywalker

I'm not a fan of the miswak,
:salam2: you may become fan to get pleasure of Allah and get more virtue in salah:

Aa`isha r.a narrates that Rasulullah s.a.w said: “The reward of Salaah ( Prayers) is multiplied 70 times if Miswaak was used before it”.
(targhib wa tarhib)

same narration has been mentioned by ibn Abbas(rd) and jabir(rd) and abu darda(rd).

in another hadith the virtue is mulptiplied in 75 according to the narration of Ibn umar(rd) in "Rawahu Abu naim"

Allamah tahtawi(rh) in his "Mariqiul Falah" in sidenote from Abbas(rd), Ali(rd) and Ata(rd) has mentioned athar about virtue of 99 to 400 time multiplied the virtue of salah. scholars says the virtue of salah depends on the ikhlas of salah.

Aisha(rd) said, "The Prophet said, "It (i.e. Siwak) is a purification for the mouth and it is a way of seeking God's pleasures."

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalamu alaykum wrwb. the smell is natural. and once you start using the tooth stick, you won't even notice the smell. The stick tooth brush cleans the teeth more then the normal brush. it makes the gums of your teeth, your teeth, and the tongue much stronger health wise. It also reduces cavities. it's not just "sunnah", it's a healthy way of brushing. I think you should use it alone without the other tooth brush. Even in my city, many non muslims are starting to use it, because it works better, cleans better, and makes the mouth smell better as well. The smell of the tooth stick is helpful for the cleaning.:)
wasalamu alaykum wrwb.:)
oh and if you take it out of the bag, it will be dried but the smell will be gone and you can still use it.

helpinghumanity

:salam2:

Finally with the help of Allah i started using Miswak. Mashallah:SMILY346::SMILY209:...However there is a small little story on it too.

The first time i bought the miswak i was not used to of Fragrence therefore i kept it on the side and didn't used it. However i made strong firm that inshallah one day i will use it. But that day never seemed to approach.

Later at night i saw that my father start using the same miswak which i dont want to use. I said to myself SUBHALLAH.....NOW i had to buy another miswak

I was thinking of buying it on Thursday. It was raining therefore i couldn't get it. Then i made the intention to buy it on Friday. But again i was not successful in buying a miswak. It was becoming a great deal to even buy a miswak. I was wondering whats going on.

The next day on Saturday, i visited DARUL ULOOM NY with my uncle and father. The person in charge of that darul uloom was kinda from our family. I came to know that day. We spend 2-3 hours in that darul Uloom. Mashallah it is very big. There are more than 600 students from different states. There courses vary from tajweed to ALAM Courses. Right now i don't want to go too much into the details about that DARUL ULOOM. So as we were leaving HE gave me, my dad, and my uncle a MISWAK. He also gave me a book in urdu about USWAE RASOOL (sth like that). I began very happy. I said to my uncle ......chacha i have been trying to get this miswak for so long. Every time i tried i was unsuccessful. I was wondering why?...but subanallah Allah solved that mystery today.

So after getting the miwak next thing was to use it. I didn't knew how to make small nodes at the end of the miswak. I saw a video a youtube and followed it. It was very easy to do after seeing that.

Alhamdolilah now i am using it on regular basis. I try to use it before every salat (even for a minute) while making wuddo. Alhamdolilah it was NOT THE SMELL....Now i can term it a FRAGRANCE........

helpinghumanity

The wrapper of the miswak that i received as a gift had following listings. I don't know how accurate they are ...however i will list them for you to figure it out

SPRITUAL AND PYSICAL BENEFITS OF MISWAK

1. Reminds the KALMAH at the the time of death.
  2. Miswak is the freshness of mouth.
  3. Cure of every disease except death. (i thought it is kalongi, the black seed)
  4. Miswak improves eyesight.
  5. Makes gums stronger.
  6. Get rids of mucus.
  7. It makes angles happy.
  8. Miswak is the following of the sunnah.
  9. It increases the reward of salat.
  10. Miswak improves memory.
  11. It delays aging.
  12. Strengthens the back.
  13. Miswak makes wiser.
  14. The soul leaves the body easily.
  15. Miswak cures the headache.
  16. Makes teeth shiny.
  17. Grow the hairs.
  18. It clears the complexion.
  19. Keeps away devil's thought.
  20. Helps in digestion.
  21. Beautifies the face.
  22. Increase the fluency & intelligence.
  23. Relaxes the brain.
  24. Satisfies the hearth.