MISWAK

Vedo

Musliman
:salam2:

I read smoewhere that is better to not return miswak back inside the plastic package after opening because it can lose smell. Any information about this? :)

p.s.

do you use it anyway :)

arzafar

good question. i actually put the miswak back in the plastic and forgot about it. then when i took it out after a few weeks, it had fungi over it. perhaps the bacteria from my mouth caused this to happen.

Vedo

Musliman
And one more thing :) Do you have any problem if you wet all miswak.
When I wash it water cover all miswak, is it better to wash just top that is in use.

And why nobody answerning :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
You have to chop of the tip of the Miswak whenever its becomes like Broom and is discolored. Dry Miswak are kept in water for a day so they are moist and smooth to use.

DanyalSAC

I have trouble using miswak. I end up with a mouthful of sawdust and splinters. Even from a packaged one. Ick.

abu'muhammad

I read smoewhere that is better to not return miswak back inside the plastic package after opening because it can lose smell. Any information about this?

waalaykum salaam,

It is stem or a twig. The natural odour (smell) will remain in it until it becomes naturally dry completely whether packaged or not. If you want to package it then make the miswak completely dry after usage to prevent bad odouring. or Just the same thing will happen as when wet clothes are folded and kept back then they will stink.

And one more thing Do you have any problem if you wet all miswak.
When I wash it water cover all miswak, is it better to wash just top that is in use.

dry can drill through gums. Washing or moistening loosens it. Washing it thorough is good from hygienic view.

Vedo

Musliman
I read that you shoud wash it before and after use, and that that is recommended to do.

Does miswak lose his smell after washing? :)

abu'muhammad

Assalaamu alaykum,

Are you quoting me ? :)

then.., yes you can wash it before and after using miswak. Its like the same thing as what we have like our handkerchief or towel and we take care of its cleanliness. so what's wrong ?

for your next concern, washing miswak will not loose its smell. If that is thing then florists won't have kept flowers in water as to keep them fresh. And that do not change its smell or colour either.

Vedo

Musliman
:salam2:

Thanks for answer, may Allah swt reward you.

So its better to return it in package. :)

Hilal Said

I think it is better to cover and wash the top of the Siwak after using it; otherwise it will become polluted and dry.

I had diarrhea infection three months ago because of polluted siwak mostly!!

by the way how much does one siwak cost in Bosnia? In Oman it cost less than 1 $.

Does it grow in Bosnia?

keep on using siwak , it is a great sunnah

Alsalam Alaikom warahmatu Allah wa barakatuh

Vedo

Musliman
About 2$, I dont know I doubt that it grows here :)

And btw its great I throw brushers, miswak rules :D