Mixture of Emotions!!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:wasalam: wr wb sister I don't know what to make of it tbh because some afghans hate the taliban a lot and support foreign troops. There is a lot of confusion on both sides. So I think the little girl is giving the troop flowers to show her thanks and appreciation because she thinks that they are helping her country. And that man troop is feeling though it is doing a good job because the afghans themselves are supporting them.

hmmm!! that's a different one now!!yeah could be. . .

@ bold that's so true.there is alot of confusion on both sides.

Jazakallah khair.

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Ibn Rukaiya

:wasalam: wr wb sister I don't know what to make of it tbh because some afghans hate the taliban a lot and support foreign troops. There is a lot of confusion on both sides. So I think the little girl is giving the troop flowers to show her thanks and appreciation because she thinks that they are helping her country. And that man troop is feeling though it is doing a good job because the afghans themselves are supporting them.

yes may be. I suppose the man resembles with a toy 'soldier with gun' the children like to play with and see in fair. for girl-child the character is real here and she is happy :D.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
yes may be. I suppose the man resembles with a toy 'soldier with gun' the children like to play with and see in fair. for girl-child the character is real here and she is happy :D.
Sobhan'Allah i'm not going to ask you where did you get this idea from sister,but it really made me laugh=D.A real life size model of her toy.hehehe,Jazakallah khair.

i like the way you mind works Masha'Allah-a happy person,with happy thinking^_^May Allah bless you sis,and us all too!

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

One it is an old picture.
Two..it is a private moment between two beings.
Three...even in the face of evil beauty prevails.

Why are we spending time on this.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

..........................and they say: we want war, Islam is a way of war/terror!!

alas! so cruel world!
I got nothing to say

JazakAllah khair
wassalam

Valerie

This is my last post on tti. I understand many of you hate Americans. It doesn't matter anymore. I've been told that we're part of the problem if we pay taxes. That just living here, we're the problem.

I'm a veteran of the US Army. There may be a handful that joined to shoot people, I didn't. I joined back in 99 to pay for college. Hate the job, not the person. I was a journalist. I went to Kosovo and my heart was broken, seeing families rebuilding destroyed homes. I loved the children who enjoyed playing soccer with the soldiers. I took pictures of the children and mothers sitting on their front steps. They were amazing people. That's how I paid for college. No one here knows that soldier. It is possible he joined so he could put food on the table for his family, because there were no other jobs he could get and he didn't want his family to starve. If he wanted to kill someone, that girl wouldn't be handing him a flower.

The stereotype I see about Muslims is that they hate americans. If I came here, really wanting to learn about Islam, and the first thing I saw was this picture and "I hate him because of who he is." I'd turn around and leave, seeing that the stereotypes of muslims hating Americans is perfectly true, and that Islam wouldn't want me because I"m one of the hated ones.

Our media here is terrible, because it only looks at one side of things, and I suspect where many of you live you only see the opposite side. With all due respect, watching the pot and kettle fight isn't very much fun.

If the target audience to "turn to Islam" are people outside the US, then, great, they'll be happy. I've spent enough of my life depressed and hating myself, I can't do it anymore.

I understand there are reasons for these against this soldier, but no one here knows that guy, and maybe he'd rather protect that child and her family from harm, suicide bombers and violence. No one here knows him. Its like some non-muslim seeing a woman in hijab and instantly hating her because of the assumption that she is hiding a bomb under there.

I left Christianity because they focus more on hate than on making the world a better place.

I hate that I get emotional about this stuff, because I"m crying right now over this. "Seeking Allah's Mercy" I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I have a temper and there's no excuse for it.

Thank you all for your time and help, but this isn't the place for me, nor is Islam. I tried, I really wanted to belong, but I don't.

To the sisters, and those who have helped me (Aapa, Revert, Maha although I don't mean to leave anyone out), I thank you. I wish nothing but the best for each of you. Thank you to the mods and admins for having this site, because my life has been blessed for knowing some of the amazing people here.

Take care.

trying2learn

This is my last post on tti. I understand many of you hate Americans. It doesn't matter anymore. I've been told that we're part of the problem if we pay taxes. That just living here, we're the problem.

I'm a veteran of the US Army. There may be a handful that joined to shoot people, I didn't. I joined back in 99 to pay for college. Hate the job, not the person. I was a journalist. I went to Kosovo and my heart was broken, seeing families rebuilding destroyed homes. I loved the children who enjoyed playing soccer with the soldiers. I took pictures of the children and mothers sitting on their front steps. They were amazing people. That's how I paid for college. No one here knows that soldier. It is possible he joined so he could put food on the table for his family, because there were no other jobs he could get and he didn't want his family to starve. If he wanted to kill someone, that girl wouldn't be handing him a flower.

The stereotype I see about Muslims is that they hate americans. If I came here, really wanting to learn about Islam, and the first thing I saw was this picture and "I hate him because of who he is." I'd turn around and leave, seeing that the stereotypes of muslims hating Americans is perfectly true, and that Islam wouldn't want me because I"m one of the hated ones.

Our media here is terrible, because it only looks at one side of things, and I suspect where many of you live you only see the opposite side. With all due respect, watching the pot and kettle fight isn't very much fun.

If the target audience to "turn to Islam" are people outside the US, then, great, they'll be happy. I've spent enough of my life depressed and hating myself, I can't do it anymore.

I understand there are reasons for these against this soldier, but no one here knows that guy, and maybe he'd rather protect that child and her family from harm, suicide bombers and violence. No one here knows him. Its like some non-muslim seeing a woman in hijab and instantly hating her because of the assumption that she is hiding a bomb under there.

I left Christianity because they focus more on hate than on making the world a better place.

I hate that I get emotional about this stuff, because I"m crying right now over this. "Seeking Allah's Mercy" I'm sorry if I hurt you. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I have a temper and there's no excuse for it.

Thank you all for your time and help, but this isn't the place for me, nor is Islam. I tried, I really wanted to belong, but I don't.

To the sisters, and those who have helped me (Aapa, Revert, Maha although I don't mean to leave anyone out), I thank you. I wish nothing but the best for each of you. Thank you to the mods and admins for having this site, because my life has been blessed for knowing some of the amazing people here.

Take care.

Thank you for your post. My brother is the United States Coast Guard, and I had a good friend from high school who was killed in this war. People get caught up in the actions of our government, and many people join to defend their homes and families, just that. Not one soldier I have ever known, WANTED to go to war, and I am good friends with a man who is 85 years old and vetran of WWII. He didn't want to go to war, he was drafted. I might be a muslim, but i am an American too. It hurts me when people say they hate American's, because I look at my two small children and remember the hateful comments made to me about them by strangers about my children being muslim. I do not like they are hated here by some purley for being half-arab and muslim, and hated by millions more jsut because they were born in America. It's not right, I have NEVER once said I hated anyone, any country or any group of people. The world will never be at peace until the hate stops.

Kakorot

:salam2:

I don't hate Americans. A few members on this website don't represent the two billion Muslims worldwide.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. . .^_^

sister you probably may not read this.but i just want to clear up some stuff.Firstly understand that english is not my language so some words tend to come out wrongly and convey the wrong meaning.for that i apologise.
Hate the job, not the person.
i never said i hated the man.My exact words were:
where i feel hatred towards the soldier for what his job is,i feel sorry for him.He's missing on real life.
and by this i meant his job is ridiculous not him.Infact for him i feel sorry.he's a human,he may have feeling,wishes,dreams that he would like to live for.i never blamed him for landing there with a weapon in one hand and a flower in another.

again what i said was.Although yes i know the first sentence isn't correct it should have been.i hate what his job is instead of i hate the man for his job

@i hate the man for his job which is pretty obvious why.when i say i feel sorry for him means i don't entirely blame him for ending in that place!!like i said had it not been Allah's mercy we could have been in his place,wasting our lifes with no purpose.so i feel for this guy as a human,as a person who wishes something better for him.

i'm really sorry that this discussion should hurt your feelings like that.I just posted this to know how others feel about this picture-A picture i love-something that brings hope to me,had i known its going to turn like this i wouldn't have shared it,i'm really sorry!

Also the way the affairs of the world are i think you guys feel targetted a lot.For me it's means nothing that you're Americans or Europeans.you are muslims that's how i value you.if i say stuff about America(the government and there activities)doesn't mean i'm saying AMericans.there is a difference,small but yes there is a difference.

May you stay happy,whereever you are and whatever you do.i will remember you as a loving sister.for you have given me nothing but love.

Jazakallah khair.

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:salam2:

@Sister Valerie , no one hates you here, the hate is towards those who told lies and invaded two autonomous countries and killed hundreds of thousands of people without any reason , many children were orphaned, many women were widowed , many young lads were killed because of this useless war. no one hates you here, even we dont hate any American, the hate may be the point of view of some members here but it doesn't represent 1.6 billion Muslims. the hate towards american Soldiers or policies is obvious , you ask why , they killed hundreds of thousands of i would say "MUSLIMS" because of their faith. innocent. they devastated two countries. why dont they speak up against Israel who on everyday basis is occupying the land in Palestine .isn't it a double policy. can any one give reason why america supports this terrorism . this is one of the reasons that in Muslim world america ( its policies, its government and those who support these acts) is not liked.you dont know how much trouble Pakistan is facing because of the american war on terror. we pay price everyday, our beautiful country is devastated by this war .the bottom line is that We dont hate american public. we dont hate america but we dont like its policies, its double standards, its government and those who support all this.

i know it is all because of ourselves also and thats why i always put blame on our governments first.
they are the providers with this war.
another thing , if some one has to put food on the table then he or she can join the unjustified war, can kill innocents ? . no . if we apply this rule then everything becomes legal. Last words. you became too much emotional, you must think with open mind, no body hates you or american public (whether be Christians or Jews) . We respect all americans. they are brothers of sisters of us in humanity. but it is natural that anyone who supports these unjustified acts should not be liked . this is the whole point .. you took it in a wrong way ..

:wasalam:

sis khadidja

proud to be muslim
:salam2: sister valerie i don't hate the american public i hate those people who invaded two countries and killed millions of inocent people
that soilder dosen't strike me being someone one barbaric and violent he was kind enought to acept that flower from that child and yet we know nothing of him he is someone with dreams and a life and still he has to do his job (even though it means killing inocent people)
we can not judge all americans to be the same every where you go you find good and bad we leave the judgment for allah we have no right to judge anyone!

:blackhijab: sorry sister if anyone offended you in any way
inshallah allah will guide you to the right path:blackhijab:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I must write this. So many responses are filled with venom when it comes to the USA. People write and do not reflect. If anything has the word American all reason stops.
Members these are women with olive branches reaching out to become Muslims. Some of your responses make me want to go running into the nearest church.
You constantly and consistently conflate issues. There is little respect for Americans. The policies of the government do not represent the people.
Please be kind in your thoughts to others.
My favorite are the replies from sisters who threaten that they will not respond to any thread I write on. What does that mean. You are going to boycott me.

JenGiove

:salam2: sister valerie i don't hate the american public i hate those people who invaded two countries and killed millions of inocent people
that soilder dosen't strike me being someone one barbaric and violent he was kind enought to acept that flower from that child and yet we know nothing of him he is someone with dreams and a life and still he has to do his job (even though it means killing inocent people)
we can not judge all americans to be the same every where you go you find good and bad we leave the judgment for allah we have no right to judge anyone!

:blackhijab: sorry sister if anyone offended you in any way
inshallah allah will guide you to the right path:blackhijab:

Sister,

I know Val's feelings well. Please understand that by using the words "killing innocent people", it infers that ALL the people that get killed in war are innocent. Yes, war is an evil thing and yes, SOME innocent people get caught in the hell.....but we do not intend to kill innocent people. Unfortunately, here on TTI people forget that there are two sides to every issue and that both sides think they are in the right and that the other is in the wrong. YES, there are atrocities done in the name of *insert country/religion name here* but when people such as myself, who do NOT have hate in their hearts hear these comments, how are we to react? What is the proper way to behave? Do we ignore the hate? Do we for-go the love of our home countries or some incorrect beliefs being touted as fact?

What would you do?

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Sister,

I know Val's feelings well. Please understand that by using the words "killing innocent people", it infers that ALL the people that get killed in war are innocent. Yes, war is an evil thing and yes, SOME innocent people get caught in the hell.....but we do not intend to kill innocent people. Unfortunately, here on TTI people forget that there are two sides to every issue and that both sides think they are in the right and that the other is in the wrong. YES, there are atrocities done in the name of *insert country/religion name here* but when people such as myself, who do NOT have hate in their hearts hear these comments, how are we to react? What is the proper way to behave? Do we ignore the hate? Do we for-go the love of our home countries or some incorrect beliefs being touted as fact?

What would you do?

You mean to say that the wars that america is fighting are justified ?
i think all the killed were innocent, they were attacked based on some lies.
better read the reports leaked by Wiki leaks on afghan and Iraq war. Total lies. and again We dont hate american public, no one hates them . we only dont like the double standards of american government and its policies towards Muslims. double standards when it comes to Palestine or Kashmir but when it comes to Cyprus or South Sudan they just get the problem resolved in no time.

JenGiove

You mean to say that the wars that america is fighting are justified ?
i think all the killed were innocent, they were attacked based on some lies.
better read the reports leaked by Wiki leaks on afghan and Iraq war. Total lies. and again We dont hate american public, no one hates them . we only dont like the double standards of american government and its policies towards Muslims. double standards when it comes to Palestine or Kashmir but when it comes to Cyprus or South Sudan they just get the problem resolved in no time.

Korai,

I'm sorry if you did not understand my point well. Maybe I did not explain it well enough and may Creator forgive me for that and help me to explain what I mean better.

I never said any opinion I may hold in regards to America's fight in any war. I only said that history is told by the winners....it is just a matter of perspective.

Some members don't hate Americans but whenever us Americans enter a conversation in relation to America's involvement in something, we get yelled at as if we were the ones doing such acts. Can you see how we may take that as hating us?

Abdul25

Logical Believer
Korai,

I'm sorry if you did not understand my point well. Maybe I did not explain it well enough and may Creator forgive me for that and help me to explain what I mean better.

I never said any opinion I may hold in regards to America's fight in any war. I only said that history is told by the winners....it is just a matter of perspective.

Some members don't hate Americans but whenever us Americans enter a conversation in relation to America's involvement in something, we get yelled at as if we were the ones doing such acts. Can you see how we may take that as hating us?

Yes i got your point now :lol:
@bold , yes i agree with you , this should not happen. the individual has no
control over the governments or is not responsible for acts of other fellow country men. i can understand this and this is totally wrong. Yes it hurts but not all of us are like this , i am Pakistani and given the reputation of us in the World i can understand this but you should also understand the feelings on the other side :) , i hope i make some sense :lol:

Sakeena

Maybe the cute little Afghan girl wants to trade! "Hey, Mr. Soldier, I'll give you this flower for your cool gun!" :lol:

"Hmm... Okay, take it." :hijabi:

JenGiove

i am Pakistani and given the reputation of us in the World i can understand this but you should also understand the feelings on the other side :) , i hope i make some sense :lol:
Korai,

It is this kind of stereotyping that causes so much anger on the boards. People who come to these boards and actually stay, like myself, don't judge a person just because they are from this country or that country. People who hate like that do not stay and are discovered quickly. Even I've caught a person who thought they could deceive everyone here.

I'm not a Muslim and so it is not required for me to treat others as my family in Islam, but I do. Why? Because you and me have one very basic thing in common, we were both created by The Creator. It is because of his love that I treat you with respect, even in the face of what MIGHT be perceived as hostility. Valerie is a Muslim and so she IS required, but felt as if she was hated simply because she did not detest to the same degree as others. I think she felt that her opinions didn't matter and I think she felt disrespected because of it. While she tried to be understanding of the feelings of those people who live each and every day of their lives in fear of bombs and guns and violence, I think she felt as if she was the only one trying to be understanding. Shouldn't BOTH sides try to be understanding?

We are not ignorant of the fact that our American lives are easy and soft in comparison to that of someone who lives in a war zone. I can not imagine such a horror.

How do you think we might feel though, "walking" into a forum thread with no hatred in our hearts yet our presence sets off anger directed towards us because of where we live? You may be trying to yell at our governments, but its US that gets hurt and disrespected. How is that the example of the Prophet?

I only ask that you understand this one thing. There are so many people here who share the same living situation, fear and war. There are only a few of us who live here in the states. How defenseless do you think we may feel? How scared do you think we may feel? I can no longer join in fully conversation that take place in the news and current events forums because of that fear. I also do not want to be the source of discord.

I am not in communication with Sister Val so all my comments are based on how *I* feel and how much I understand I have experienced here with hatred. I pray forgiveness if I have spoken for Val incorrectly. I also hopes she comes back here.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Korai,

you know what the problem is jen.We don't give each other space.

Our side of story:

*We say we hate America(not Americans)because the drones that attack our lands have the name...America...
*the soldiers that kill civilians carelessly,during their "job" timings have the name...America...
*the poeple who support what's happening in palestine have the name...America...
*the planes that cross the boundries and kill our soldiers have the name..America..
*the country that has pushed us into it's war on terror has the name..America...
*The country that can but won't end the hell in kashmir is named..America...

you see we grow up listening to the faults of what is named as..America...

Your side of the story;

*I'm not the one handling drones and i condemn it.
*i'm not the one flying those jets,i condemn it.
*i'm not the one whose bullets,i agree they should be more careful
*i totally disagree with the whole war on terror drama,creating hell on earth
*They should,i call for global peace.

now the problem is you say we are being inconsiderate saying America is terrible when Good people like us exist and it's a bunch of us who are maniacs and good and bad exists everywhere.When you forget we judged on what we saw.Now that there is an option we think and like erm perhaps i WAS wrong^_~

the problem with us,the moment America is mentioned we start shouting not realizing how we would feel had we been in an american's shoes.An American who totally against what's happening around who is ACTUALLY working to clean the mess and heloing the people.Who is american!!just an American.That's his nationality like any person with any other.America necessarily doesn't mean DRONE,BULLET,BOMB,WAR!!!

so yeah we need to give each others space and understand eachothers mentality.One whose going against America is the one who has suffered at their hands.and the one whose defending it is the one whose a good person and feels blamed.

TBH My mental picture of American people was very different from the one i have now.Before i considered you ppl blood thirsty beasts coz that all i've experienced of the people called AMericans.not my fault.Now that i've actually been treated with kindness,love and respected by Americans.i have a different view^_^

uffff my innocent piture sharing=)!!!

peace out ppl.love you all!!

JenGiove

you know what the problem is jen.We don't give each other space.

Our side of story:

*We say we hate America(not Americans)because the drones that attack our lands have the name...America...
*the soldiers that kill civilians carelessly,during their "job" timings have the name...America...
*the poeple who support what's happening in palestine have the name...America...
*the planes that cross the boundries and kill our soldiers have the name..America..
*the country that has pushed us into it's war on terror has the name..America...
*The country that can but won't end the hell in kashmir is named..America...

you see we grow up listening to the faults of what is named as..America...

Your side of the story;

*I'm not the one handling drones and i condemn it.
*i'm not the one flying those jets,i condemn it.
*i'm not the one whose bullets,i agree they should be more careful
*i totally disagree with the whole war on terror drama,creating hell on earth
*They should,i call for global peace.

now the problem is you say we are being inconsiderate saying America is terrible when Good people like us exist and it's a bunch of us who are maniacs and good and bad exists everywhere.When you forget we judged on what we saw.Now that there is an option we think and like erm perhaps i WAS wrong^_~

the problem with us,the moment America is mentioned we start shouting not realizing how we would feel had we been in an american's shoes.An American who totally against what's happening around who is ACTUALLY working to clean the mess and heloing the people.Who is american!!just an American.That's his nationality like any person with any other.America necessarily doesn't mean DRONE,BULLET,BOMB,WAR!!!

so yeah we need to give each others space and understand eachothers mentality.One whose going against America is the one who has suffered at their hands.and the one whose defending it is the one whose a good person and feels blamed.

TBH My mental picture of American people was very different from the one i have now.Before i considered you ppl blood thirsty beasts coz that all i've experienced of the people called AMericans.not my fault.Now that i've actually been treated with kindness,love and respected by Americans.i have a different view^_^

uffff my innocent piture sharing=)!!!

peace out ppl.love you all!!

Sister Seeking!

Yer such a doll!...hehe. <3 <3 I have to reread your message again in order to respond completely but I think you get the idea...yes, we do need to give each other the benefit of the doubt. We ALL need to remember that each of us walks with sand in our shoes....problems in our lives and circumstances that cause us pain. We need to try to remember that NONE of us here COME here to HATE here....

WE are here because we have faith. Creator is the only thing that matters and HE created ALL of us, equally.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. "

Prophet Muhammad’s Last Sermon
Date delivered: 632 A.C., 9th day of Dhul al Hijjah, 10 A.H. in the ‘Uranah valley of Mount Arafat.

It can be hard sometimes, to remember the love we must share, when all we experience is fear and hate.